IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 338.
#2301 2 years ago

Why are the shooter rod face plates not powder coated if the coin door is on the CE machines? Seems strange to have one exposed metal trim piece that is different.

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I already uploaded it to the Titan website.

Super radical, and very unlazy of you!

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bug does a nice walkthrough of the new modes. The Halloween portion started around 5:45.

Okay that’s awesome! That’s the kind of mode and code Halloween needs very cool and it integrates the theme and the feeling of the theme perfectly into the game! More of this please SpookyBug

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Why are the shooter rod face plates not powder coated if the coin door is on the CE machines? Seems strange to have one exposed metal trim piece that is different.

The matching powder Shooter face plate is being sent to all owners along with the knife handle shooter rod. Current plate is just the holdover

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The matching powder Shooter face plate is being sent to all owners along with the knife handle shooter rod. Current plate is just the holdover

We didn't include the coated shooter rod face plate in the collector edition. However we do have a source you can buy it from! We did not have a source for coated shooter rod housings at the time of sale.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We didn't include the coated shooter rod face plate in the collector edition. However we do have a source you can buy it from! We did not have a source for coated shooter rod housings at the time of sale.

Here is a pic of what another owner installed - I thought that powdered shoot plate came from you guys? If it didn’t, maybe he bought it from the source you’re talking about? Can you include the info of the source so others can pursue? I def want the shooter plate to match considering the coin door is powdered already. Thanks
04D14271-A555-497D-B756-7C429E30E7B6 (resized).jpeg04D14271-A555-497D-B756-7C429E30E7B6 (resized).jpeg

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here is a pic of what another owner installed - I thought that powdered shoot plate came from you guys? If it didn’t, maybe he bought it from the source you’re talking about? Can you include the info of the source so others can pursue? I def want the shooter plate to match considering the coin door is powdered already. Thanks
[quoted image]

Same. I'd like to pick up the powdered plate when the knife handle arrives.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Here you go;
https://www.lanezcustomsteel.com/?category=Pinball&fbclid=IwAR3a8HEQ-HbhQkOpKODAXyltvXhoCM46IW5UyUUwt1Y6J_R002R0bxTa3y4

#2309 2 years ago

Will this place also offer the shooter housing in the Bloodsucker iridescent metal flake option?

#2310 2 years ago

Thanks, I just ordered one! Seems really silly that it is not included. I just hope it color matches my machine well. I ordered a red one from another company for my WOZ and it did not match at all. I ended up not even installing it because the red was so far off.

#2311 2 years ago
#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Seems really silly that it is not included.

I believe Spooky does the powder in house, so it does seem silly that the shooter housing wasn't done, as well. Only thing I could think of is that the housings they use are chromed and they would have to strip that off first. Perhaps they couldn't get raw housings.

#2313 2 years ago

I actually like the look of the stock plate with the blood drip mod. I’ll prob stick with that.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe Spooky does the powder in house, so it does seem silly that the shooter housing wasn't done, as well. Only thing I could think of is that the housings they use are chromed and they would have to strip that off first. Perhaps they couldn't get raw housings.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
[quoted image]

My God get this dude off this game spooky! This guy is the soul reason i keep thinking of selling this game before i even have it.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

My God get this dude off this game spooky! This guy is the soul reason i keep thinking of selling this game before i even have it.

Right? lol

The animations are not bad in my opinion. They need tweaking for sure. There is overlap issues on some of them in the new update but it will get sorted out.

#2316 2 years ago

Looks like the gold shooter housing only ships in the USA, really wish it was included as it just looks odd in chrome against the rest in gold.
Not the end of the world though, as long as it has Don’t Fear the Reaper all will be good lol

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Quoted from Lostcause:

Looks like the gold shooter housing only ships in the USA, really wish it was included as it just looks odd in chrome against the rest in gold.
Not the end of the world though, as long as it has Don’t Fear the Reaper all will be good lol

#2318 2 years ago

I always thought the shooter rod housing was shiny silver like a knife blade since the handle is the knife handle. I like it the way it is, but I can see why some want it matching the rest of the Armour.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

We weren't sure about the coating that comes on them to us. Raw isn't an option. I'm sure it would be no problem to include it on future games! We always want to add as much stuff as we can but eventually you just run out of time to develope new processes. Just saves improvements for the next one!

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We weren't sure about the coating that comes on them to us. Raw isn't an option. I'm sure it would be no problem to include it on future games! We always want to add as much stuff as we can but eventually you just run out of time to develope new processes. Just saves improvements for the next one!

Probably should totally add it, before game#312 goes out!

#2322 2 years ago

I know this has been asked time and time again and everyone's probably sick of it. I'm not impatient for my game, I can wait as long as it takes, but I'm genuinely curious how many of these can be manufactured per week now?

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I know this has been asked time and time again and everyone's probably sick of it. I'm not impatient for my game, I can wait as long as it takes, but I'm genuinely curious how many of these can be manufactured per week now?

I was told 20 games a week and they are getting faster. I emailed Spooky last week

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't mind the chrome housing. It'll provide contrast to my BS metal flake. I can imagine it would be impractical to buy, then have to sandblast each housing before powder coat.

#2325 2 years ago

Ok - I installed my Titan Pinball kit. Things worked out good but I did make a couple changes to the kit's configuration and uploaded them to Titan. The post sleeves Spooky uses are a little thin compared to Titan's so I left some of them in place to make sure things worked as they should. The OEM sleeves were left in place on the house level around the spinners. The kit has replacements for these but I decided not to use them. I also purchased separately orange flipper rubbers (the kit has black). Here are the photos of everything installed.

20220104_195400 (resized).jpg20220104_195400 (resized).jpg20220104_195407 (resized).jpg20220104_195407 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg20220104_195417 (resized).jpg20220104_195417 (resized).jpg20220104_195422 (resized).jpg20220104_195422 (resized).jpg

#2326 2 years ago

Got my call from my distro regarding butter/no butter and payment... Getting closer... I'm crazy excited...

Jeff

#2327 2 years ago

Those Ramps look pretty scratched up. What's up with that?

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Those Ramps look pretty scratched up. What's up with that?

Just the way the light is catching it. I turned on the overhead lights to get some decent pictures. Nothing out of the ordinary wear wise. Can’t even notice it from the player’s perspective in normal lighting.

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Got my call from my distro regarding butter/no butter and payment... Getting closer... I'm crazy excited...
Jeff

Rad. 237 here. I should be getting an email or call from my distro within a week me thinks.

#2330 2 years ago

Ok - I installed my Titan Pinball kit. Things worked out good but I did make a couple changes to the kit's configuration and uploaded them to Titan. The post sleeves Spooky uses are a little thin compared to Titan's so I left some of them in place to make sure things worked as they should. The OEM sleeves were left in place on the house level around the spinners. The kit has replacements for these but I decided not to use them. I also purchased separately orange flipper rubbers (the kit has black). Here are the photos of everything installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! I’m going to order the kit. Thanks

#2331 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am glad to see your third Michael sticks out a little like mine. I thought maybe mine was out of alignment.

#2332 2 years ago

I was able to get the ball across the balcony with the drop target still up somehow, and I really wish I could see a replay of it because I have no idea how. I was just trying to keep the ball alive up there. I've had the ball nail the glass plenty of times from the target going up and down, but this time it went completely over it.

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am glad to see your third Michael sticks out a little like mine. I thought maybe mine was out of alignment.

We typically just set that back one a tiny bit farther out to try to keep it safer from the ball dropping from the mech above! Probably not really necessary but better safe than sorry

#2334 2 years ago

Does it feel real yet? lpeters82

Luke Peters has been doing a great job on the line. He's quickly learned the ins and outs of working on the Halloween/Ultraman build, and has plenty of great ideas and input on our ongoing game development.

20220105_164316 (resized).jpg20220105_164316 (resized).jpg
#2335 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing pics and sharing the kit with Titan. I would like to make some colour changes in my order based on your pics. Would you say that your list is similar to the playfield(s) rubber list shared in another pic recently?

Did you make any changes to the Sanitarium posts or rubbers to allow for the ball to pass through on the right side? A friend and I swapped out at least one star post for a straight post.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Does it feel real yet? lpeters82
Luke Peters has been doing a great job on the line. He's quickly learned the ins and outs of working on the Halloween/Ultraman build, and has plenty of great ideas and input on our ongoing game development.
[quoted image]

It's starting to feel real. I'm not sure anyone would believe how much testing actually goes into each game. Oh and...pinball is hard.

Quoted from KSP1138:

I was able to get the ball across the balcony with the drop target still up somehow, and I really wish I could see a replay of it because I have no idea how. I was just trying to keep the ball alive up there. I've had the ball nail the glass plenty of times from the target going up and down, but this time it went completely over it.

"The ball is wild." ... Moments like that are the reason virtual pinball will never be able to replace the real thing. If that happened in a digital game you'd probably think it was a code bug. PS: My money is on the drop target throwing it up there while resetting.

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks for sharing pics and sharing the kit with Titan. I would like to make some colour changes in my order based on your pics. Would you say that your list is similar to the playfield(s) rubber list shared in another pic recently?
Did you make any changes to the Sanitarium posts or rubbers to allow for the ball to pass through on the right side? A friend and I swapped out at least one star post for a straight post.

I did not add the Stern slim tapered post sleeve I used to fix my ball trap problem when I uploaded to Titan. If you want to implement that add one black slim tapered post sleeve to your order.
The Spooky supplied list was very accurate minus the shooter tip and I think they missed a 3" ID ring for the upper most playfield. Both of those are now included in my Titan upload.

#2338 2 years ago

If you’re a horror fan, this may tickle your fancy …

rd

#2339 2 years ago

I did not add the Stern slim tapered post sleeve I used to fix my ball trap problem when I uploaded to Titan. If you want to implement that add one black slim tapered post sleeve to your order.
The Spooky supplied list was very accurate minus the shooter tip and I think they missed a 3" ID ring for the upper most playfield. Both of those are now included in my Titan upload.

Okay, this is perfect then as I already have some of the tapered slim post rubbers. I will install that now and then go through the list and see if I want to substitute any colours/colors. Thanks again!

#2340 2 years ago

I was having some issues with the three center drop targets either not dropping all the way or not dropping at all with a solid hit. No issues with the other drops.

I pulled the springs and discovered the center drops have a shorter spring than the other three separate drops. I switched springs and sure enough, the single drop springs worked great. I reached out to Spooky for new center drop target springs.

There was a similar issue with the Scolari brothers drops in GB fixed with new springs.

Edit: The good spring, as confirmed by Spooky, is a 10-364.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html

25EF76A9-1201-49C7-8089-F6811B089919 (resized).jpeg25EF76A9-1201-49C7-8089-F6811B089919 (resized).jpeg

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"The ball is wild." ... Moments like that are the reason virtual pinball will never be able to replace the real thing. If that happened in a digital game you'd probably think it was a code bug. PS: My money is on the drop target throwing it up there while resetting.

That's probably what happened but it was so quick I have no idea. Should be a secret super escape jackpot

Virtual physics engines are getting better and better, and it looks really good in 4k, but yeah it will be a while before you can't tell the difference.

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was having some issues with the three center drop targets either not dropping all the way or not dropping at all with a solid hit. No issues with the other drops.
I pulled the springs and discovered the center drops have a shorter spring than the other three separate drops. I switched springs and sure enough, the single drop springs worked great. I reached out to Spooky for new center drop target springs.
There was a similar issue with the Scolari brothers drops in GB fixed with new springs.
Edit: The good spring, as confirmed by Spooky, is a 10-364.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html
[quoted image]

Mine don't drop with a solid hit sometimes. I will need to look into this.

#2343 2 years ago

does anybody have a solution for scoop rejects? I can't make a scoop shot unless its inadvertent so I usually end up just going for the sanatarium.

#2344 2 years ago

Do you know what slope your game is set to? I can set one to exactly that slope and do some testing for you? We have them at 6.5 in the factory, but my personal game is set quite a bit steeper. Backhands are the way to go.

#2345 2 years ago

HW CE #199 has landed in NJ! Now comes the fun part getting into the old house... now that's going to be a horror story!

20220107_124525 (resized).jpg20220107_124525 (resized).jpg
#2346 2 years ago

Still haven’t received a call for delivery for #198. Strange.

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Still haven’t received a call for delivery for #198. Strange.

Strange indeed.

#2348 2 years ago

I will check, I think it needs to be set a little steeper because I’m also having issues with the rollover in the pumpkin subway. I didn’t think it would effect the scoop though.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Do you know what slope your game is set to? I can set one to exactly that slope and do some testing for you? We have them at 6.5 in the factory, but my personal game is set quite a bit steeper. Backhands are the way to go.

#2349 2 years ago

Scoop rejects must vary from machine to machine. Mine almost never rejects IF it's a clean shot. As mentioned, backhands are MUCH easier to sink. Check level and pitch first. Then I would check to see if the bracket is screwed in snuggly. If nothing else obvious, a slight tweak to the bracket angle might be needed. If you try bending, remember a little goes a long way. You could also try a little drop dead foam or similar to help deaden the ball when it hits the bracket. Good luck!

#2350 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm trying to think of any variables that might be affecting your scoop. I guess first get it set to to a slope of at least 6.5 degrees, maybe a bit more. From there if you are happy with how it's playing we'll work on dialing in the rest of the game, but I don't think you want to do that until it's at the correct slope. In terms of the subway, there are only optos. Is the ball getting stuck or just not registering? If it's getting stuck there are a few things to look for. If you want to send me a PM, I'd be happy to continue to follow up until it's playing well for you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/47?hl=mrg50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.