IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 340.
#2151 2 years ago

My experience was to size up on the titans otherwise they were way too tight

Quoted from Lopa:

Does anyone have a list of the rubber sizes? I would like to put together some titan kits.

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

On the plunge, juidith Myers…the right lock.

Thanks. Am I crazy or was there something where you did a full plunge and then let the ball just do its thing And it would hit a target for extra points? I thought I saw that on one of the streams?

On a side note, hopefully that new code is still coming any day now!

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. Am I crazy or was there something where you did a full plunge and then let the ball just do its thing And it would hit a target for extra points? I thought I saw that on one of the streams?
On a side note, hopefully that new code is still coming any day now!

I think you’re thinking of letting the ball bounce off the flippers without flipping, after an almost full plunge, and getting into the Judith Myers lock…super skill shot. You’re either skillful with the flip and hitting the shot or you’re skillful with the plunge to get the correct angle and velocity to hit the shot.

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think you’re thinking of letting the ball bounce off the flippers without flipping, after an almost full plunge, and getting into the Judith Myers lock…super skill shot. You’re either skillful with the flip and hitting the shot or you’re skillful with the plunge to get the correct angle and velocity to hit the shot.

Yes that is it. I tried it and no way mine would nice to that shot

#2155 2 years ago

Trough coil stopped working on my buddies machine. I haven't made it up yet to troubleshoot. Anyone else have this issue?

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes that is it. I tried it and no way mine would nice to that shot

Same. I can flip it up sometimes though.

#2157 2 years ago

After scaring the Shi* out of my wife while she was playing. She got a picture. Instead of killing me.

IMG_20211224_143046 (resized).jpgIMG_20211224_143046 (resized).jpg
#2158 2 years ago

Ok. I have put 60 games on this baby in 2 days. Really only 1 day if you consider yesterday was Christmas and I was gone all day. My first impression is just WOW. the theme is completely nailed in this one. Everything from the ambience of the holiday and the movie perfectly. The games shoots great but is also very difficult so will take me some time to get used too the geometry of this layout, which isn't a bad thing. But by no means is it anyway clunky at all. I can see the direction they are going with the code and that makes me so happy as this is a absolute dream theme for me. The animations ofcourse are the only weak point of the ENTIRE game. But more variation ESPECIALLY in the house and sanitarium this game is all time favorite. I personally can't stand the cabinet art on the screen in house mode but fully understand that it's only a placeholder for the time being. The video clips are very cool and can't wait for more. I truly love the little touch of looking through the mask when you incidentally hit the judith myers target. But would love longer ones of that scene. My main hope is in the final stages of code is the do implement the staging of balls too cut down waiting time and help with glow. But even as it stand right now A+ and this game will NEVER leave my collection

20211226_182636 (resized).jpg20211226_182636 (resized).jpg
#2159 2 years ago

How would they even be able to stage the balls under the left and right underscoop? When you plunge the ball there’s no way to automatically have them go in both the left and right underlanes so I wouldn’t see how the game can be programmed to stage the balls??

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

How would they even be able to stage the balls under the left and right underscoop? When you plunge the ball there’s no way to automatically have them go in both the left and right underlanes So I wouldn’t see how the game can automatically be programmed to stage the balls??

First time a ball hits each lifter it auto-plunges a new ball instead of using the lifter. Next time a ball enters the subway on its way to the lifter, it starts the "staged" effect.

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

How would they even be able to stage the balls under the left and right underscoop? When you plunge the ball there’s no way to automatically have them go in both the left and right underlanes So I wouldn’t see how the game can automatically be programmed to stage the balls??

In Rick and Morty, the portal ball is staged when it enters the portal. Then the game auto launches a new ball immediately afterwards.

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

In Rick and Morty, the portal ball is staged when it enters the portal. Then the game auto launches a new ball immediately afterwards.

Got it

#2163 2 years ago

Rick & Morty has a ball trough behind the scoop. Halloween / Ultraman have opto switches.

#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Rick & Morty has a ball trough behind the scoop. Halloween / Ultraman have opto switches.

Ball trough has optos also. The lifters and the ball trough both do basically the same thing, just different mech design.

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Similar to the casters club shot in FT?

#2166 2 years ago

Game #168 butter cab home safe and sound.

B19B3017-6055-4398-8CD8-3D6AAF0ED830 (resized).jpegB19B3017-6055-4398-8CD8-3D6AAF0ED830 (resized).jpeg
#2167 2 years ago

Is it under the laundry shoot or did you cut a hole in the ceiling to accommodate the topper? haha

Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is it under the laundry shoot or did you cut a hole in the ceiling to accommodate the topper? haha

I hope it was intentional for the topper. Love it!

#2169 2 years ago

Cut just for the game

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#2170 2 years ago

Bring on that Christmas code update!!

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Does anyone have a list of the rubber sizes? I would like to put together some titan kits.

I'm also interested in ordering a kit if someone has something accurate.

#2172 2 years ago

I am very pleased with my lower mini playfield fix. Do this if you are getting balls stuck on top of the lower mini playfield. Remove the post shown below. Keep the post stud but ditch the clear post and pair of Spooky supplied rubbers. Get a 1" nylon spacer for a #6 screw and a Stern slim tapered post sleeve. Reassemble and you're done. The extra 2 mm of clearance makes all the difference. It seems to have also fixed my balls being trapped in the exit hole since they now enter the hole at a greater speed.

20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg

#2173 2 years ago

What type of rubbers does HWN use? I typically replace all the cheap black rubbers that come on a new game with clear PL/Titans to avoid the additional black "dust" in the game. Is Spooky using decent silicon rubber to where I don't need to do this, or should I still swap them all out?

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What type of rubbers does HWN use? I typically replace all the cheap black rubbers that come on a new game with clear PL/Titans to avoid the additional black "dust" in the game. Is Spooky using decent silicon rubber to where I don't need to do this, or should I still swap them all out?

Swap them all out. They are not high quality at all.

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

Any other butter cabs in your collection, and how does it compare?

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Cut just for the game

With early speculation that you would be able to see the knife "stab" into the head through the backglass. Didn't come to fruition though. Can't have everything and put $$$ to gameplay!

#2177 2 years ago

I saw a video of the topper where you can definitely see the knife behind the backglass. Can anyone confirm this?

Quoted from Roostking:

With early speculation that you would be able to see the knife "stab" into the head through the backglass. Didn't come to fruition though. Can't have everything and put $$$ to gameplay!

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I saw a video of the topper where you can definitely see the knife behind the backglass. Can anyone confirm this?

I've played one in location and I'm not seeing it. Would be sweet if this could be done.

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not mine. I would think the light behind the backglass would have to be much brighter to see the shadow of the knife…and I suspect this would cause a lot of complaints with glare.

#2180 2 years ago

I don’t have any other cleared games, the “butter cabinet” in my collection is well worth it for me, it’s beautiful.

I built my basement and I’m never leaving this house so cutting a hole in the ceiling and trimming it out is no big deal.

I’m an idiot and busted the arm that connects the knife to the motor, once I get a new one ill decide if I need to add any other lights.

Quoted from Roostking:

#2181 2 years ago

Two issues so far, the lockdown bar was way too close to the glass and wasn’t going down past it. I bent the tabs on the lockdown bar a tiny bit and problem solved.

The second issue is the Judith Meyers drop target never resets, it worked once but now it’s down all the time. No idea what’s going on there. Any suggestions?

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

Very cool lineup!

#2183 2 years ago

I bet you could install an led strip on the back of the knife to make the shadow appear through the glass more effectively.

Quoted from Roostking:

I've played one in location and I'm not seeing it. Would be sweet if this could be done.

#2184 2 years ago

Thanks! The other side is all part of the theme as well. Extra bonus, we got a code update on Munsters and I’ve got the funhouse 2.0 kit coming so it’s like I’ve got all new games.

Quoted from lowbeau67:

Very cool lineup!

F3D0F414-ADCF-4106-B6A5-E35B8EFF01C0 (resized).jpegF3D0F414-ADCF-4106-B6A5-E35B8EFF01C0 (resized).jpeg
#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I bet you could install an led strip on the back of the knife to make the shadow appear through the glass more effectively.

True story. When I saw the initial knife hole and the full knife plunging, I was trying to think of a way that you could use the knife, lighting and backglass in such a way. In fact I asked some people if they could post pics of where the knife slit was In relation the the backglass .Then the post about it being built in popped up, so I was like, cool,I already bought it! Lol May just have to revisit cause that would be badass.

#2186 2 years ago

That is what I’m thinking.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#2187 2 years ago

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I checked the opto and the coil on the Judith meyers target and everything works no idea why it’s not working in game. I’ll send an email to spooky just wondering if anyone here has encountered this.

Make sure you are on the current code. This was an issue on older code.

#2189 2 years ago

Easy...remove og backglass and put in anything you want that will produce this unnecessary effect. And for the others asking for rubber size ask spooky and they will send you an email like they did for me. Shit. Man

#2190 2 years ago

Has the hedge multiball insert been fixed yet?

#2191 2 years ago

Shit. Man. Be helpful and paste the sizes you got from Spooky in a post here so everyone doesn’t have to take up their time w/ separate emails asking the same question… Easy.

Quoted from jdlang11:

And for the others asking for rubber size ask spooky and they will send you an email like they did for me. Shit. Man

#2192 2 years ago

Not on #168

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Has the hedge multiball insert been fixed yet?

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Swap them all out. They are not high quality at all.

Just like Stern and JJP - cheap stock rubber is the norm.

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Shit. Man. Be helpful and paste the sizes you got from Spooky in a post here so everyone doesn’t have to take up there time w/ separate emails asking the same question… Easy.

Please call the service number. I'm not at liberty to give that out...these aren't finalized. Hope you understand.

#2195 2 years ago

Totally understand, definitely proprietary information. Shit. Man

Quoted from jdlang11:

Please call the service number. I'm not at liberty to give that out...these aren't finalized. Hope you understand.

#2197 2 years ago

Would like to know the size of rubbers too. That way I could be ready for when the game arrive next summer

On a side note: anyone else ordered black rubbers from Titan recently? Is it me or the finish is all over the place? I placed an order for a black set recently and some size had different finish. From super high gloss to regular rubber style matt finish!? Looks odd when installed next to each other.

#2200 2 years ago

That was at the request from AJ at Spooky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.