20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 339.
#2001 2 years ago

For those of you who have received your cabinet already, How hard was the out of the box setup? Instructions came in the box I hope for the initial setup and testing?

#2002 2 years ago

Game #168 butter cabinet ordered spooky direct invoice paid today.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anyone get the knife shooter rod yet?

Shooter rods are all ready to rock all the games on the floor got them this week and they are gona starting shopping all the back ordered ones to customers as soon as they finish boxing up the big backlog of games that piled up waiting for pinotaurs!

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anyone get the knife shooter rod yet?

direct quote from an email I got from spooky 2 days ago. "Shooter rods are still in production and will be shipping as we finish them! "

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

For those of you who have received your cabinet already, How hard was the out of the box setup? Instructions came in the box I hope for the initial setup and testing?

I have to ask the basic question. Have you ever setup a pinball? If not please youtube it. There are a few really good videos on how to. Most notably Spooky has their own style of wrapping their games. Only remove enough plastic to put legs on. But also if you need more help then call Spooky.

Enjoy this masterpiece!!

Josh

#2006 2 years ago

SpookyLuke what do you use inside the pumpkin to get the flasher solid in place? Superglue/silicone/adhesive spray?
We had to swap the flasher out cause it broke loose from the bayonet socket.

#2007 2 years ago

Big code update coming around xmas / NYE!

#2008 2 years ago

#159 being delivered tomorrow around 2pm whoo hoo. Christmas is complete.

Screenshot_20211215-155935_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211215-155935_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2009 2 years ago

Bit confused seeing some later numbers ship out I'm 141 and haven't heard nothing about mine shipping yet? Is it because my game is coming from a distributor and not directly from spooky.

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Bit confused seeing some later numbers ship out I'm 141 and haven't heard nothing about mine shipping yet? Is it because my game is coming from a distributor and not directly from spooky.

I would imagine your distributor was contacted already.

#2011 2 years ago

Always just email [email protected] for stuff like that. 99% of the time she is either waiting on an answer from someone or its already sitting here done. Always good to touch base

#2012 2 years ago

Is everyone having the ball stuck on the house playfield (upper upper playfield) with a slow roll? It's totally killing me on location, any decent player thats starts house, gets the ball stuck on a slow roll or ricochets off the drop target. Back legs all the way up , tried leaning the machine slightly to the right, removed the rubber on the post, tried adjusting the ball guide, all to no avail.

6 times in one game the other night at league had to remove the glass to clear this stucky.

The playfield looks like it kinda leans to the left , is this the way it is designed?

Super sucks , because the casuals love this theme, but every time someone drops quarters I cringe that I will have to clear a stuck ball (there are lots of them).

#2013 2 years ago

#144 shipped today, so I am told

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Is everyone having the ball stuck on the house playfield (upper upper playfield) with a slow roll? It's totally killing me on location, any decent player thats starts house, gets the ball stuck on a slow roll or ricochets off the drop target. Back legs all the way up , tried leaning the machine slightly to the right, removed the rubber on the post, tried adjusting the ball guide, all to no avail.
6 times in one game the other night at league had to remove the glass to clear this stucky.
The playfield looks like it kinda leans to the left , is this the way it is designed?
Super sucks , because the casuals love this theme, but every time someone drops quarters I cringe that I will have to clear a stuck ball (there are lots of them).

Is it getting stuck on that bottom metal ball guide? Mine would always get stuck there. I eventually had to pull off that "wood" overlay part. You then can access that guide. I then took off the two screws closest to the post by the flipper. I then "straightened" out the guide so it wouldn't have the cradle anymore. Once I did this the hole wouldn't line up at the middle. I only rescrewed in the one right next to the post. This has fixed that issue completely for me.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I have to ask the basic question. Have you ever setup a pinball? If not please youtube it. There are a few really good videos on how to. Most notably Spooky has their own style of wrapping their games. Only remove enough plastic to put legs on. But also if you need more help then call Spooky.
Enjoy this masterpiece!!
Josh

Yep, this is my first home machine. So it will be a first time experience. Just didn't know how complicated it was to setup for a first timer. I will YouTube some stuff, but if you have a specific video in mind, please share.
Thanks

#2016 2 years ago

Most of us here take setup for granted because we’ve done it a million times. Setting up a pin doesn’t have a very steep learning curve.

Watch a few videos, take your time and you’ll be flipping in no time.

Quoted from miyagiPins:

Yep, this is my first home machine. So it will be a first time experience. Just didn't know how complicated it was to setup for a first timer. I will YouTube some stuff, but if you have a specific video in mind, please share.
Thanks

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Is it getting stuck on that bottom metal ball guide? Mine would always get stuck there. I eventually had to pull off that "wood" overlay part. You then can access that guide. I then took off the two screws closest to the post by the flipper. I then "straightened" out the guide so it wouldn't have the cradle anymore. Once I did this the hole wouldn't line up at the middle. I only rescrewed in the one right next to the post. This has fixed that issue completely for me.

Gonna have to do the same thing

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:Yep, this is my first home machine. So it will be a first time experience. Just didn't know how complicated it was to setup for a first timer. I will YouTube some stuff, but if you have a specific video in mind, please share.
Thanks

One little thing I would recommend is getting some nylon washers for the leg bolts. The powder coating on the Spooky games is super nice. You wouldn’t want to scratch it as you are snugging down the leg bolts. Marco sells black and white ones on the cheap. You can also get some colorful ones from the Pinside market for a couple extra bucks.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Always just email [email protected] for stuff like that. 99% of the time she is either waiting on an answer from someone or its already sitting here done. Always good to touch base

Cool, mine has been paid for a month ago. I'm 1 number away from a buddy and he has had his for a month.. Seems rather nuts the lack of organization with bookkeeping/shipping/communication.......etc. I have called Morgan, left voice mail with no response, talked with distributor.... Just a major lack of follow through. Venting here. First spooky game I have bought they dropped the ball (pun intended) on me here as a repeat customer.

Talked with distributor again today, as well I email Morgan today.

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Check this out:

#2021 2 years ago

Got a game play question. If I shoot the center ramp it is very easy to make with both the right and left flippers when the diverter is set to the left ball path. When the diverter flips to the right (the house) the shot becomes far more difficult. I can only make that easily with the left flipper. Making that shot with the right flipper is almost impossible. Is this what the rest of you are experiencing?

#2022 2 years ago

We've been in touch with Spooky. As of today your game was not ready to ship.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Got a game play question. If I shoot the center ramp it is very easy to make with both the right and left flippers when the diverter is set to the left ball path. When the diverter flips to the right (the house) the shot becomes far more difficult. I can only make that easily with the left flipper. Making that shot with the right flipper is almost impossible. Is this what the rest of you are experiencing?

Check that your drop targets are flush when dropped and that you have the plastics on the sides of the center ramp behind the back board where it loops up.
Next I would look into the alignment of the diverter. There was a post on that a few pages back

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Check that your drop targets are flush when dropped and that you have the plastics on the sides of the center ramp behind the back board where it loops up.
Next I would look into the alignment of the diverter. There was a post on that a few pages back

If anything it is the position of the diverter. Are you saying your game is playing differently than mine? Can you easily make the upstairs house shot from the right flipper? I don’t want to go changing things if my game is playing as designed.

#2025 2 years ago

If anything it is the position of the diverter. Are you saying your game is playing differently than mine? Can you easily make the upstairs house shot from the right flipper? I don’t want to go changing things if my game is playing as designed.

I would say that I can regularly hit the middle ramp shot from the right flipper. Not super easy, but very repeatable.

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

I have to ask the basic question. Have you ever setup a pinball? If not please youtube it. There are a few really good videos on how to. Most notably Spooky has their own style of wrapping their games.

I can make all my shots with dexterity and pure big d energy!!

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I have to ask the basic question. Have you ever setup a pinball? If not please youtube it. There are a few really good videos on how to. Most notably Spooky has their own style of wrapping their games.

I can make all my shots with dexterity and pure big d energy!!

To be fair though I've been in the Marines for 22 years.

#2028 2 years ago

With your diverter pointing to house, have you noticed that the shot usually makes it when it stays to the left side of the center ramp vs rejecting when it rolls up the right side of it?

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

To be fair though I've been in the Marines for 22 years.

Just trying to be funny. I've only been buying for 2 years. So I'm really new as well.

#2030 2 years ago

I was missing the plastics on the side of the ramp. But now that I got them I can easily make the ramp from both flippers, no matter the direction of the diverter. Before. It was unmakable from the right flipper

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:I was missing the plastics on the side of the ramp. But now that I got them I can easily make the ramp from both flippers, no matter the direction of the diverter. Before. It was unmakable from the right flipper

Can u please post a pic of these plastics? I suspect i have the same issue since the ramp is unmakable.

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

With your diverter pointing to house, have you noticed that the shot usually makes it when it stays to the left side of the center ramp vs rejecting when it rolls up the right side of it?

Yes, that is what I am experiencing.

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Can you snap a pic of yours? I still cant seem to adjust it correctly. Thanks

#2034 2 years ago

I am having a problem with my game occasionally. The far right drop target when the ball gets put behind it it sometimes gets stuck and does not shoot out another ball in the shooter lane. When you trap the ball behind the drop target the machine is supposed to spit out another ball into play. Has anyone Come across this issue? When this happens I have to turn on and off the game.

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I am having a problem with my game occasionally. The far right drop target when the ball gets put behind it it sometimes gets stuck and does not shoot out another ball in the shooter lane. When you trap the ball behind the drop target the machine is supposed to spit out another ball into play. Has anyone Come across this issue? When this happens I have to turn on and off the game.

Error in code. It’s been corrected in the latest code 1.04b

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can u please post a pic of these plastics? I suspect i have the same issue since the ramp is unmakable.

Here you go

20211217_161055 (resized).jpg20211217_161055 (resized).jpg20211217_161114 (resized).jpg20211217_161114 (resized).jpg
#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

As dnapac mentioned, that was a bug in earlier code, and was fixed in 1.04b. If you are on the latest code but still having this issue, you likely have a problem with the opto behind the lock, or maybe one of your trough switches. For some reason it doesn't know the ball is there (or thinks it is somewhere else).

But fingers crossed updating the code will fix you right up!

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Can you post a picture when it sticks? I had an issue with it getting stuck behind the upper left spinner on a slow roll. I ended up putting some thin black weather stripping to stop the ball sticking there.

#2039 2 years ago

#161 has arrived with knife handle shooter

#2040 2 years ago

My biggest issue continues to be that the house mode puts the game at a dead stop. Even starting a mode during house attack keeps the house music going, making you feel like that’s all there is. There’s no timing out of it.

For future updates, I’d concentrate on how the game handles stacking and improving the on screen display instructions. The font is way too small, and callouts don’t offer instruction with some modes. It’s a little disjointed now.

Having said that, I love hedge multiball and the incidental modes. It’s a shooter’s game, definitely.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from ffr3064k:

#161 has arrived with knife handle shooter

WOOT!

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My biggest issue continues to be that the house mode puts the game at a dead stop. Even starting a mode during house attack keeps the house music going, making you feel like that’s all there is. There’s no timing out of it.
For future updates, I’d concentrate on how the game handles stacking and improving the on screen display instructions. The font is way too small, and callouts don’t offer instruction with some modes. It’s a little disjointed now.
Having said that, I love hedge multiball and the incidental modes. It’s a shooter’s game, definitely.

I do not mind house mode staying front and center since it's definitely a highlight (of the movie and the game), but I definitely agree that overall the stacking can use some polish. However, I'm ok with that being a back burner update down the road. To me it's modes and content first, then overall polish. I'm sure it will get there.

You're not kidding about it being a shooters game. I love how it uses all the shots...even the standups are all important. And trying to sniper the scoops during Hedge multiball is no joke! I heard a few people complain early on about how boring it will be having so many scoops. I couldn't disagree more. They each feel so different to hit and are not easy shots by any means. And it never feels like they take up space that would have been better used with something else. So many games would have just had a boring line of standup targets or an unsatisfying drop target bank there.

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Here you go
[quoted image][quoted image]

What a mess. I wish Spooky did a better job with cable management.

#2044 2 years ago

How does Halloween rank next to Wonka ?

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

What a mess. I wish Spooky did a better job with cable management.

What's the problem? It's nice to have some slack so you can pull the playfield out if needed. Cabling looks fine to me.

#2046 2 years ago

Wonka is on another level cannot compare.

Quoted from MJK-911:

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Very, very different games. I have only played Wonka a handful of times and haven't really felt the urge to play it more. I get significantly more amusement from Halloween. Like everything though, opinions will vary!

#2048 2 years ago

Wonkas a fantastic shooter

With literally none of the magic from the movie. Or the music. Or really any significant assets.

#2049 2 years ago

I had a Wonka for awhile, never really felt any excitement for it. Couldn’t get lost in it. Pretty sure I prefer HWN even at early code.

Quoted from MJK-911:

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yes. A lower level that has zero appeal to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/41?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.