IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 339.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmm, ok…he says he is still working on animations. Very misleading post. Must just be a contract job.

Yeah idk. I do know he's still getting paid to do more animations and we are just about to give him another list of things for Halloween to. The animations are just a contract job though yes.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
[quoted image]

The animations are contracted out! We are trying out some new talent and will probably try several animators to see who does work you guys really love. We will actually still be contracting Ryan to do more work on Halloween and he is currently finishing up another group of stuff for us. Not sure what he means by no paid gigs. We will be hiring a full time animator but not until we find the right one!

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Getting #138 dialed in. Here is a before and after of my shooter housing. Hey Spooky - where are the knife shooter rods?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can’t live with the crooked shooter housing but can live with that pulled out power cord right next to it? That would drive me nuts.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?

I read this post as such.

“I took a photo of my machine”

“People copied it off the internet and are using it”

“I didn’t my get paid for it (because they didn’t buy it)”

I think I know the photo he means - where the Halloween pin is in a nicely horror theme decorated room. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I have shared this photo around myself! I think Spooky did too which is where I would have got it from. It showcases the machine well and is a cool shot.

rd

#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

You can’t live with the crooked shooter housing but can live with that pulled out power cord right next to it? That would drive me nuts.

Man what an eye! Nice work there.

#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

There is no way a guy who posts the insane stuff I've read and seen on his channel is employed by anyone full time. Good lord.

#1957 2 years ago

When you say trying people out - do you mean there will be multiple animators for HW or that you are stuck with the current animator on HW and in future titles we will see different talent?

Sounds like we are with Ryan for the long haul like it or not

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The animations are contracted out! We are trying out some new talent and will probably try several animators to see who does work you guys really love. We will actually still be contracting Ryan to do more work on Halloween and he is currently finishing up another group of stuff for us. Not sure what he means by no paid gigs. We will be hiring a full time animator but not until we find the right one!

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

When you say trying people out - do you mean there will be multiple animators for HW or that you are stuck with the current animator on HW and in future titles we will see different talent?
Sounds like we are with Ryan for the long haul like it or not

I was just going to ask the same. Should we expect not only more animations but from others as well in Halloween?

#1959 2 years ago

Tried updating to 1.4b and now this just keeps flashing on and off. Any advice?

IMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was just going to ask the same. Should we expect not only more animations but from others as well in Halloween?

Keep an eye on the books Spooky. We want you to know this out of the park but not at the expense of the company going down!

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Keep an eye on the books Spooky. We want you to know this out of the park but not at the expense of the company going down!

We have been planning since day one to keep adding to HW/UM as long as we can! No worries here guys. We plan to invest in this game and we want it to be the best it can be for ya!

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Tried updating to 1.4b and now this just keeps flashing on and off. Any advice?[quoted image]

Send an email !

[email protected]

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Tried updating to 1.4b and now this just keeps flashing on and off. Any advice?[quoted image]

Did you use a MAC to copy the file to USB?

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Did you use a MAC to copy the file to USB?

Windows 10

#1965 2 years ago

Make sure to delete “(x)” if there is any, once it’s copied to the usb.

#1966 2 years ago

I can't find the flipper power settings for this game. I have other companies games and know my way around all my games. But am I missing something in the menu?

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I can't find the flipper power settings for this game. I have other companies games and know my way around all my games. But am I missing something in the menu?

Not coded currently

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

It is set default at the best power setting overall for the game. We took the setting out because often times we were seeing people just crank the power all the way up which is obviously not good. Not saying we will never put it back in but regardless you should be a peak power to longevity balance out of the box.

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome news luke. I truly believe the writing is on the wall for this guy. And I absolutely love that you guys are getting more talent bc that shows us all once again that yall want the absolute best finished product. I know I'm beyond excited to see the others work.

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It is set default at the best power setting overall for the game. We took the setting out because often times we were seeing people just crank the power all the way up which is obviously not good. Not saying we will never put it back in but regardless you should be a peak power to longevity balance out of the box.

That's fine man. Understand. But just wanted the option because as you guys know not every game plays the same.
Plus my flippers make a humming noise when I trap up. I have fixed this on other games but haven't really messes with these yet being so new. I own #77.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

#237 and super excited!

#264 here...also starting to feel real!!

#1972 2 years ago

When will 681 be finished?

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So if your incoming voltage is a bit low you could be struggling out of the box, mine has been a bit high lately and noticed the extra power. Had to turn MMR down a notch as it was a bit much, wish I could do that on some other games but good sometimes to have decent flipper power as I like to have my machines at 7degrees+.
Would be nice to be able to tailor the flipper power to your needs.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Thursday

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

People set game pitch at different levels and have varying voltages at their homes, always need power setting options because of this.

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Give that Pinsider who is fixing Sterns TMNT April O’Neil animations, theres some talent there for sure! Although I dig the flash style animations in Halloween I don’t know why they just click with me, but there needs to be more a lot more of them and more blood love that splatter effect

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

#264 here...also starting to feel real!!

Haven’t received my butter, no butter email yet. Not sure how long that takes? Approximately that is.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah idk. I do know he's still getting paid to do more animations and we are just about to give him another list of things for Halloween to. The animations are just a contract job though yes.

As your company grows, each decision on bringing in a team member fulltime vs contracting jobs will be a difficult. With the wide variety of projects and themes i can see having multiple "artists" and collaborators to keep these from being the same. The post (ironically on social media) lacks professional maturity and should have been discussed privately with your team. Its concerning that people say things on social media in an effort to get sympathy, attention, or compensation, by throwing shade or trying to convince the masses. All it does is make the OP look bad in my eyes. U sign a contract, provide a service, get paid. If your work is great. Repeat process. If continued success, company grows, more projects, and maybe a full-time gig. Posting what he did, is NOT the way to get a full-time gig with any team I have.

Keep up the good work. Most of us don't get caught up in these things. You have a ton of support. Spooky didn't make it this far by making bad decisions on projects and team members, whether full-time or contracted.

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Franchi.

'Nuff said.

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Franchi.
'Nuff said.

Believe the rumour mill is saying he’s been working with CGC and Stern again.

Plus Spooky have no issue with their art Halloween looks stunning! Don’t think Franchi does animation work.

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

at the current pace spooky told me of 20 per week, you are 500 off which is 25 weeks. That puts you at Mid June.
Rudimentary math is your friend bud.

#1982 2 years ago

They will likely reach 40 per week in the near future of parts stay in supply so…math aint anyone’s friend here. Too many unknown variables

Quoted from miyagiPins:

at the current pace spooky told me of 20 per week, you are 500 off which is 25 weeks. That puts you at Mid June.
Rudimentary math is your friend bud.

#1983 2 years ago

for anyone who is having trouble making the center ramp. Check behind the backwall to ensure that you have the plastics on each side of the ramp where it comes behind the wall. Mine was missing these plastics and my center ramp was almost unmakeable. I didnt notice until a ball fell out into the bottom of the game. Once i installed the plastics, i went from almost never making the center ramp from the right flipper to making it about 75 %, and from about 30% on left flipper to about 90%

#1984 2 years ago

Is the Judith Myers target staying down a bug that is fixed by 1.04b or is that just an adjustment?

My 3rd floor house rail. Ball rests at the edge of traveling too slow. Will bend rail downward.

Other than that, just having FUN playing this game! Some really cool effects, sound and lighting.

Turn the lights out and let it rip.

#1985 2 years ago
B5699730-1498-4B10-9F17-8FEEC03C0EA6 (resized).jpegB5699730-1498-4B10-9F17-8FEEC03C0EA6 (resized).jpeg
#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is the Judith Myers target staying down a bug that is fixed by 1.04b or is that just an adjustment?
My 3rd floor house rail. Ball rests at the edge of traveling too slow. Will bend rail downward.
Other than that, just having FUN playing this game! Some really cool effects, sound and lighting.
Turn the lights out and let it rip.

104b hasn’t fixed the down Target issue.
It goes green but never goes up and starts the mode after many many hits

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

104b hasn’t fixed the down Target issue.
It goes green but never goes up and starts the mode after many many hits

Ok thx. That’s what I figured.

#1988 2 years ago

I’m having an issue where my machine is searching for balls when I try to start a game. All of the balls are installed. I took them all out and did a power cycle but still no luck. Does anyone have any tips for this? I went into the settings as well and everything seems to be working fine.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Midnighteric:

I’m having an issue where my machine is searching for balls when I try to start a game. All of the balls are installed. I took them all out and did a power cycle but still no luck. Does anyone have any tips for this? I went into the settings as well and everything seems to be working fine.

Not sure how their system works today, but I would take the balls out, put it in switch test, then drop the balls in one by one, seeing that each one is triggering the opto showing that ball is in the trough. If one is not triggering, that opto is the culprit and needs looking at to see if it is adjusted wrong physically, or perhaps it's faulty. Also make sure to reseat the cables connecting to the trough, and check that a wire isn't broken somehow there. I'm just giving you guidelines as I don't know how everything is set up on their new games. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, we can look at other things, but that's the first place I'd check.

#1990 2 years ago

Just got a bunch of games on my new Halloween. Game is lots of fun to play! Loving that it feels different than most other games. Hoping for more polish with the content on screen because it’s lacking in that department but other than that it is a really good game.

#1991 2 years ago

#161 is on the road

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from Midnighteric:

I have run into this issue recently as well, and my game is on location. Here is what you might try: When this occurs, open the coin door and go into the stuck switch test. This test should show all the trough switches that are currently active. They will be numbered 1-7, switch 1 is an opto at the front of the trough, switches 2-7 are microswitches. If the game sees all the balls, then each trough switch should show up in that test. In my case, switch 1 is not always seeing the ball. Thankfully, this problem doesn't happen very often, but when it does if I slide the game back and forth to get the balls moving around in the trough the game will usually see the ball. During the game the trough works fine so not sure why this only seems to happen at game start, and only on an occasional basis.

I didn't have time the other day to take the trough off and troubleshoot that switch yet, but I am going back on Friday to see what needs to be done. I wish Spooky could code the game so that if the game sees trough switch 7 closed, then all the balls must be in the trough and the game could start. I'm sure it can't be as simple as that, but I wish it could be fixed that way.

#1993 2 years ago

#168 still haven’t gotten an invoice yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Quoted from ffr3064k:

#161 is on the road

#1994 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

#168 still haven’t gotten an invoice yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

#163 is also on the road

#1995 2 years ago

#164 also no invoice yet

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I have run into this issue recently as well, and my game is on location. Here is what you might try: When this occurs, open the coin door and go into the stuck switch test. This test should show all the trough switches that are currently active. They will be numbered 1-7, switch 1 is an opto at the front of the trough, switches 2-7 are microswitches. If the game sees all the balls, then each trough switch should show up in that test. In my case, switch 1 is not always seeing the ball. Thankfully, this problem doesn't happen very often, but when it does if I slide the game back and forth to get the balls moving around in the trough the game will usually see the ball. During the game the trough works fine so not sure why this only seems to happen at game start, and only on an occasional basis.
I didn't have time the other day to take the trough off and troubleshoot that switch yet, but I am going back on Friday to see what needs to be done. I wish Spooky could code the game so that if the game sees trough switch 7 closed, then all the balls must be in the trough and the game could start. I'm sure it can't be as simple as that, but I wish it could be fixed that way.

Thanks for your info! I’ll give it a shot when my power comes back on at my house .

#1997 2 years ago

162 shipped yesterday. Will be in town today! Probably won't get it until tomorrow.

#1998 2 years ago

160 shipping today

#1999 2 years ago

Anyone get the knife shooter rod yet?

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anyone get the knife shooter rod yet?

Nope. I asked Spooky this week when I contacted support. They told me they were still waiting on the parts. No ETA at this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/40?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.