IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 339.
#151 2 years ago

Sorry no video today. We may put more out, but between Bugs video and Tsskinne tomorrow, it’s getting covered well. The added features (blood store and select a mode) are huge additions. The animations are really looking good. Some are still worried, but with this update, it really showed they are going in the right direction. And they’ve added a bunch of video clips. That said, I miss them because gameplay tends to be very intense. Anyone receiving their game soon should be really happy with the pin…and this is still early! In Spooky we trust…

#152 2 years ago

New code is much better. I like spending blood for bonus score or features.

HWN_1 (resized).jpgHWN_1 (resized).jpg
#153 2 years ago

I've had a couple people ask me to post my thoughts on the game now that I have one. Never done this before as truth be told I just play for fun and I kinda suck at pinball, but I'll give it a shot. Here's some thoughts with the latest code as of today.

I grew up with this movie so the theme is perfect, more so because I've been wanting a horror themed game for a while. The art, sound and light package are brilliant, I really don't think that comes across on videos well at all. In person it looks amazing and the sound quality from a Spooky pin is always a treat.

This is my first Spooky pin as my previous games were from Stern but build quality overall seems good. A few issues on mine, the topper had come apart but took a few seconds to put back together. One thing though, make sure you have a full allen key set as the knife on the topper came off in shipping and it took the smallest possible allen key on my set to adjust the set screw to put it back together. Mine also has a broken rubber on the right side of the middle playfield, I've emailed support to get a new one. One more thing is when the ball ends up back in the shooter lane during play, on mine it sometimes gets stuck on the rollover near the plunger and I have to shake the machine quite a bit to get it to roll over it so I can replunge. Maybe I need to adjust that rollover, not sure, in the meantime I removed the tilt bob so I can shake it as needed when it gets stuck there. Overall it has fewer issues than my NIB Elvira's House Of Horrors did.

I normally hate mini play fields. For example I prefer AC/DC Pro to the premium because I dislike the lower playfield on it, don't like the lower playfield on Munsters, don't like the upper playfield on Black Knight Sword of Rage, etc. In this game the middle playfield is just average but the top playfield is actually pretty cool. I find myself really working the game to get those pretzel loops then banging the ramp, very satisfying. I can no longer say I dislike all mini playfields.

The ball hides on this game more than on any game I've played in recent memory. Tough to explain but there are instances where now you see it, now you don't, then boom the ball is back. The inlanes are the example most talk about but it happens in other instances. For this particular game I really like it because it adds tension, almost like the ball is Michael and popping up here and there, it's unique and it works.

Not super crazy about the topper. The idea of the rotating knife is cool but when you play you can't really see because it's hidden behind the Halloween banner and it's kinda noisy.

The shots to me feel good. Ramps on other games sometimes frustrate the hell out of me, but on this game I can hit them ok. Locations of the targets are cool as are the goals assigned to them. It's not fast like TNA, now flowy like LZ but it's it's own thing. I was initially afraid it would feel too cluttered but that hasn't turned out to be the case. I prefer Stern flippers as they seem more powerful but these are fine for this game. One quibble thus far is that the ball seems to end up back in the shooter lane more than I'd like.

This is not a complex game which to me is good. I haven't watched many videos on it but so far I've been able to figure it out on my own. There is the occasional confusion like the game will say mystery is lit and I can't see mystery anywhere on the playfield. I think the blood scoop on this game is the mystery shot as on Ultra Man it's actually labelled mystery. Being a noob player I find some games are just too deep, too complex, too layered and I'll never figure them out so I like that this game seems more understandable and approachable. I think if you're the type that always gets to wizard modes or you have Deadflip level of skill then this game won't last you. For me it's good and very different from other games out there so I like it.

Latest animations are very cool, minor quibble is that they seem over compressed so compression artifacts are easily visible. The lcd screen does seem kinda low quality to where blacks are basically light gray. Not really a huge thing in the grand scheme of this because I find this particular game affords me the least amount of time to actually see the screen because of the way the ball creeps around the playfield.

Latest code update is really nice, gives clearly selectable goals and modes on screen, and it's always nice having multiple ways to start multiball. The hidden skill shot is neat, got that one by accident one game and was a pleasant surprise. I've read that some people complain that you can just hit the center ramp over and over, truth be told I think every pin in existence has someone saying "Just do _____ over and over" so I don't think it's an issue.

My distributor mentioned that the early runs used a 2 amp fuse for the flippers and it can burn out, apparently the solution is to replace those with a 5 amp fuse. I'll just wait until mine pop before I swap them although presumably this is fixed on current builds.

Ok that's some thoughts, hopefully this is useful to someone. I personally love the game, wouldn't have bought it if I didn't. I think it fits nicely into a collection as it's so different, only issue I could see is expert players tiring of it quick.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I've had a couple people ask me to post my thoughts on the game now that I have one. Never done this before as truth be told I just play for fun and I kinda suck at pinball, but I'll give it a shot. Here's some thoughts with the latest code as of today.

Nice write up.
This is the second machine to arrive with that rubber broken. Spooky may wanna toss a spare in the coin box.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Nice write up.
This is the second machine to arrive with that rubber broken. Spooky may wanna toss a spare in the coin box.

Ah reminds me, forgot to mention the extras they include in the box, pic attached.

PXL_20211003_164217932 (resized).jpgPXL_20211003_164217932 (resized).jpg
#156 2 years ago

Is it just the videos I’ve seen or are the blood drops amber/dark orange vs blood red in this updated code?

SpookyLuke - is there a reason why the hedge mb clip cuts mid speech (Bc you can only have X seconds of video) or is that something that will just be corrected later?

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is it just the videos I’ve seen or are the blood drops amber/dark orange vs blood red in this updated code?

Mine are all blood red. Unless other modes are going. Then green or purple.

#158 2 years ago

So, a dream theme for me but dont have the space or desire to spend $9K right now on a new pin but am bummed that they are limiting this run so few pins...Curious why that is? Licensing I assume? Im guessing if I dont pull the trigger now (which I'm not going to do) I wont have much of a chance down the road to grab one...

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So, a dream theme for me but dont have the space or desire to spend $9K right now on a new pin but am bummed that they are limiting this run so few pins...Curious why that is? Licensing I assume? Im guessing if I dont pull the trigger now (which I'm not going to do) I wont have much of a chance down the road to grab one...

Spooky is a small company, and are limited in how many machines they can pump out. This is actually the largest run of machines they have ever made (I think?). As it is, this number is going to take them over a year to produce, which is a big reason why they put a cap on them. By then everyone will be itching for them to move on to the next title.

That said, every machine ever made comes available at some point. Any of their previous titles are relatively easy to pick up with a little patience, and I'm sure this will be no exception. Might be hard to find one NIB a couple years down the road, but HUO ones will be around.

#160 2 years ago

I think if you're the type that always gets to wizard modes or you have Deadflip level of skill then this game won't last you.

Yeah let's hope that's not the case with later code, because that's me to a letter. Too easy/too shallow is the #1 killer of pinball machines in my house...

One quibble thus far is that the ball seems to end up back in the shooter lane more than I'd like.

Possible leveling/mounting issue with the middle playfield? In all the streams I've watched, it doesn't go right from the drain all that much that I've seen?

*edit* They included a spare servo? And what's the box "they hope you never have to use"? LOL. That's a bit of a misnomer, or they expect that part to be hard to come by in the future...

*edit 2* Servos look to be about 4 bucks a piece online. That's pretty dang awesome considering what we're used to in terms of pinball parts. Using these instead of coils to do some of this stuff is pretty awesome. It'll be nice to be able to stock up a few extras without it costing an arm and a leg!

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Possible leveling/mounting issue with the middle playfield? In all the streams I've watched, it doesn't go right from the drain all that much that I've seen?

It could mostly be because my middle playfield came with a broken rubber, and it's via that middle playfield that it ends up in the shooter lane more than I'd like. They are sending a replacement which is cool. Seems like their support is about as quick as Sterns, send an email, get a part, nice.

I think I may disable the topper though. I'm tightening the set screw as tight as I can and yet the knife will still fall off Love the new blood shop in the latest code, find blood, spend it on stuff, I dig it.

#162 2 years ago

It could mostly be because my middle playfield came with a broken rubber, and it's via that middle playfield that it ends up in the shooter lane more than I'd like. They are sending a replacement which is cool. Seems like their support is about as quick as Sterns, send an email, get a part, nice.
I think I may disable the topper though. I'm tightening the set screw as tight as I can and yet the knife will still fall off Love the new blood shop in the latest code, find blood, spend it on stuff, I dig it.

Tiny dab of blue loctite will stop the topper prob

#163 2 years ago

Seems like their support is about as quick as Sterns, send an email, get a part, nice

Lol ...
Biggest insult to Spooky ...
Stern not even close to customer service level of Spooky ..

#164 2 years ago

Make sure you are tightening the screw on the flat part of the motor post. Otherwise you can’t get it tight enough.

#165 2 years ago

Do we know what size of rubber?

Also I saw a post about a fuse, not sure which Spooky thread...type please?

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

5x20mm SB fuses
3A, 4A, 5A

You can grab them from PinballLife or your usual electronics supply.

TNA, RnM use them too.

#167 2 years ago

Im #342 looking forward to it and glad they are working out the little bugs.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Post 153 this thread. Change flipper fuse 2amp to 5amp slow blow.

#169 2 years ago

Just got my email. #80

#170 2 years ago

I'm in too... just got the email - # 78' here.

#171 2 years ago

Hm... Flippers should be using a 3A slow blow, per the labels on the pinotaur. There shouldn't be any 2A fuses on the board. But yeah if you are blowing your 3A slow fuses, as long as your coils aren't getting toasty, bumping up the rating on that fuse a bit (keep it a slow-blow) should be ok. Just be cautious if you do so, because, obviously, the fuses are rated as they are to prevent a fire so... just make sure you aren't toasting any coils. That 3A fuse might be blowing for a good reason! If we actually did accidentally send out boards with 2A fuses instead, just swap them with a 3A slow blow first.

#172 2 years ago

Just FYI, each pinotaur has three 3A slow blow fuses, and one each of 3A, 8A, and 5A normal (fast blow) fuses.
All 5x20mm

#173 2 years ago

I didn't know there was an owners thread. Saw I was mentioned so figured I'd post the link here to the stream we did on Sunday. Early game I got through 4 of the 6 pumpkin modes. Anyway 3-4 hours of game play for those who care to see it.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm keeping the sheet up to date, hopefully some of us start receiving final invoices soon (should follow butter email)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

#175 2 years ago

How much is butter upgrade? I forget.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How much is butter upgrade? I forget.

butter (resized).pngbutter (resized).png
#177 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Totally won in the number lottery, nice one!

#178 2 years ago

By these numbers.I should receive my email on November 3rd. Man I have never been more excited about something I purchased in my life. The only way it could better was if I could my email of Godzilla the same week!

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

[quoted image]

Thank you! Now to see if the wife wants it for her CE.

#180 2 years ago

Should get the invoice for the balance next week. Went with no butter and requested the team to sign the back. 3 hr trip so I Will be picking it up on or around 10/28.

#181 2 years ago

Thought you all might enjoy the shirt design Tsskinne designed for his location and CE #14. .

I think it turned out really neat. . . had to share. . .

North End Pub spooky (resized).pngNorth End Pub spooky (resized).png
#182 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm keeping the sheet up to date, hopefully some of us start receiving final invoices soon (should follow butter email)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

add me for game #225 if you would like Collectors edition

#183 2 years ago

I never noticed that slide said "Bloods-cuker" before.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

And you can add me at #182 from Spooky

#185 2 years ago

#690 here (noice)…patiently waiting. Godzilla will be here next week and will keep me occupied till HE COMES HOME.

#186 2 years ago

786 here if you'd like to add me to the list. Long time to wait but love following all these updates of people getting their games! If anyone out there has an order for a CE with Nitro, and wants to trade back for any reason I'd love to move up too!

#187 2 years ago

#72 and I got my butter email this morning!

#188 2 years ago

#89 here

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

And you can add me at #182 from Spooky

You can also switch 160 CE to me as I have purchased that spot.....Thanks

#190 2 years ago

I’m now #245 you can update the list to me

#191 2 years ago

141 checking in

#192 2 years ago

405 for me. And if someone under 100 doesn't like that insert I will switch with you.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

#562 here. Bought from Cheesegritty who's already on the spreadsheet at that spot.

#194 2 years ago

#159 ce here. Switched with red devil month's ago.

#195 2 years ago

Ah reminds me, forgot to mention the extras they include in the box, pic attached.
[quoted image]

Soooo nice to have extra parts with the machine!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Thought you all might enjoy the shirt design Tsskinne designed for his location and CE #14. .
I think it turned out really neat. . . had to share. . .
[quoted image]

Sweet .

#197 2 years ago

I found a bug in my game!

A84E2FAF-00CB-4F15-91A5-3CCFBC172154 (resized).jpegA84E2FAF-00CB-4F15-91A5-3CCFBC172154 (resized).jpeg
#198 2 years ago

Moving over to this thread.....My wife is patiently waiting for game number 701....

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I found a bug in my game!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome

#200 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to move up, #215 spot for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122267

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.