IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 340.
#101 2 years ago

I couldn't watch it. No game sound, all I could hear was the clunking sounds of flippers and the ball bouncing around.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I couldn't watch it. No game sound, all I could hear was the clunking sounds of flippers and the ball bouncing around.

Really...? I watched it and liked some stuff too. He wasn't that negative at all....maybe a bit strange, I agree on that.

#103 2 years ago

I said a while back it would be good to have Blue Oyster Cult ‘Don’t fear the Reaper’ in there as it’s on the radio in the car when they are followed by Michael, I noticed Godzilla has the Blue Oyster Cult ‘Godzilla’ tune which I already guessed it would.
If they could get that song in there somewhere that would be very cool.

#104 2 years ago

I’d love to see a strobe multiball using the led strips doing the pulse. This game in my opinion should steer from the norms of pinball and do something similar to BSD and go full serious. Campy is one thing but add suspense and make strobe multiball something similar to creature where you are either looking for or hiding from mikey

#105 2 years ago

Strobing to a fast heartbeat speed and sound could be very tense while trying to hit certain shots to achieve something.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I addressed it this week! Try to make adjustments where i can. We never get to fix everything sadly but we get to some and if we don't do it on the run we will for the next title!

It's funny, I didn't even notice this until I saw this post. What's the fix for "alloween"?

#107 2 years ago

I tried to update the spreadsheet with info i could find on the preliminary vip games that have been delivered

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

#108 2 years ago

Hi Halloween owners! Could anyone confirm for me that the back panel door (including the screen) is the same as R&M? From the pics on the outside it does, but I haven't been able to find any of the inside. If someone could post some of the inside that would be awesome as well. I'm trying to confirm that our R&M version of the IPS LCD panel upgrade will be the exact same fit/connections.

If anyone is interested in upgrading their screen here is some detail on the screens and brackets we are making:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ips-lcd-upgrade-interest-rampm-acnc-tna-and-more

#109 2 years ago

For those that are unhappy with the topper. I found this on Etsy. I thought the topper looked fine, but thought I’d see how this looked. It’s made out of wood, so could be painted. I just drilled a hole in it and mounted it to the metal plate with Velcro.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

For those that are unhappy with the topper. I found this on Etsy. I thought the topper looked fine, but thought I’d see how this looked. It’s made out of wood, so could be painted. I just drilled a hole in it and mounted it to the metal plate with Velcro.

Link please that is a must!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Link please that is a must!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/545748680/michael-myers-halloween-wall-hanging?ref=shop_home_active_123

If they look like they are out, just contact the seller.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nice, but you posted this on ' spooky halloween hype thread' too....

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Nice, but you posted this on ' spooky halloween hype thread' too....

Is that bad? Sorry, I was trying to show people who aren’t on both threads.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Is that bad? Sorry, I was trying to show people who aren’t on both threads.

Haha, yes that's indeed not that bad!

1 week later
#115 2 years ago

Just wondering how the owners are going with their machines, as this topic is a bit quiet compared to the hype one (i guess to be expected as there are a lot more people waiting for machines as opposed to getting them).

Any owners found anything further that's cool, or *gasp* any common issues to watch out for?

#116 2 years ago

How is the lcd display? Does it have poor blacks? Is an upgrade needed? Of course to those who own it currently.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How is the lcd display? Does it have poor blacks? Is an upgrade needed? Of course to those who own it currently.

The screen is good (after adjustment…IMO). But, if you want really black blacks, then there are those that will want to upgrade it. It’s kinda like some people still like an external sub on Spooky games. It’s all good and whatever you like with your game. We will try post some small videos when the new code drops…to point out some of the updates. Still loving the pin. This is bound to be one of the greats.

#118 2 years ago

I got my email today! I'm #56 for everyone to keep track. Soon....

#119 2 years ago

Soon!

3DAE6CAE-85E8-46BA-BAE4-28EF335A281B (resized).jpeg3DAE6CAE-85E8-46BA-BAE4-28EF335A281B (resized).jpeg
#120 2 years ago
28EFB8FB-D381-4A3A-9B61-D3C38FFF0093 (resized).jpeg28EFB8FB-D381-4A3A-9B61-D3C38FFF0093 (resized).jpeg
#121 2 years ago

We put our #44 on location today at Drekker Brewing in Fargo.....October 1st just felt right

Bill
Fargo Pinball

2021-10-01 12.20.03-1 (resized).jpg2021-10-01 12.20.03-1 (resized).jpg
#122 2 years ago

https://www.spookypinball.com/H78/code_H78.pkg

ALSO NOTE WE HAVE A BRIEF RULES OVER VIEW VIDEO COMING SHORTLY

UPDATE increased crossover mech hold time
UPDATE general background loop updated (H78)
FIXED jam opto removed from trough count. now ejects any jams when balls are missing
FIXED highscore wouldn't let players using two initials, would always fill in the last character with an a
FIXED volume switches reversed
FIXED in combo side mode, left ramp lights didn't update properly when coming off center ramp
FIXED (H78) hedge removed "A" from "reveal a michael''
ADDED upper pf diverter opens to flipper when mid playfield mode is started and diverted back to ramp when mb starts.
ADDED menu option for stuck switches
ADDED blood mode, collect blood after target bank cleared at after battle mode
ADDED you can now select modes and repeat them if they havent been completed
ADDED blood store / mystery now available. must collect at least 3 blood for store to be ready
FIXED right lifter opto was reporting its reverse state in switch test
FIXED subways will attempt to eject 3 times then stop in case opto stops working
FIXED entering menu system didn't stop quick videos, sfx and coils
FIXED while drop bank is disabled (due to failure detection), side modes that use the drop bank (2) one would still run if they were both queued up one after the other
FIXED UM center ramp volume reduced
FIXED H78 house MB music would play the wrong version at a certain point
FIXED bank targets default power reduced
ADDED light strip brightness power setting
ADDED burnin test in utilities
ADDED music test added to menu system
UPDATE removed unused menu options

#123 2 years ago

Got my shipping notice! Unfortunately it was for my Scream Factory 4K Blu-Rays, not my pin. LOL....still exciting.

I absolutely love what I see in just those two screen shots from the new code. Picking modes...counting bodies...choosing ball save as a reward...hells yes!

#124 2 years ago

Was hoping since day 1 that BOC’s “Don’t fear the reaper” would be present during a certain mode. Alternate the left and right ramp to pass the joint between Annie and Laurie. Time it out with so many combos so you don’t get busted by Sherrif Bracket at the hardware store. Who’s w me?

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Was hoping since day 1 that BOC’s “Don’t fear the reaper” would be present during a certain mode. Alternate the left and right ramp to pass the joint between Annie and Laurie. Time it out with so many combos. so you don’t get busted by Sherrif Bracket at the hardware store. Who’s w me?

That is an awesome idea! I'd love that song to be in the game, but I would imagine the license wouldn't allow it. Hope I'm wrong though.

#126 2 years ago

NOTE this is not the full depth of the rules nor do we show mention everything in the game! Will be doing another video with the next update showing and explaining more!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That is an awesome idea! I'd love that song to be in the game, but I would imagine the license wouldn't allow it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Prob right. But Almost Every horror film has its attempts at humor - this would be a perfect opportunity for a little laugh thrown in the game, a great classic tune, and BOC makes a little cash too. Win win!

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Prob right. But Almost Every horror film has its attempts at humor - this would be a perfect opportunity for a little laugh thrown in the game, a great classic tune, and BOC makes a little cash too. Win win!

It's a great scene for sure! And your idea would be a fun way to integrate it...even if they can't use the music.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

NOTE this is not the full depth of the rules nor do we show mention everything in the game! Will be doing another video with the next update showing and explaining more!

Looks awesome! I’m digging the mode select.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I love everything about this. Everything. Great job guys...can't wait to watch it keep evolving. I hope this video puts some minds at ease. You'll never make everyone happy, but I think this is shaping up to be an awesome, unique game. Very excited for mine! Keep up the great work Spooky crew!

#131 2 years ago

We play aweful tonight…but here we go! There is a ton of new stuff. We are learning as we go. Watch Bugs video…it will help. This is a video of the “store”. A unique feature. Collect blood drops to buy rewards.

Animations are more refined for most, and many more movie video assets…but so much to show. Just a few short videos.

#132 2 years ago

Choosing your pumpkin mode, a really cool feature to let you choose how the game goes. A little movie/video asset for escape the kitchen.

#133 2 years ago

More will come tomorrow, and I’m sure Tsskinne will have a more professional video. We just provide little snippets and some very average game play…

#134 2 years ago

Code is looking great!

Here are some ideas from a suggestion email I sent Spooky. Maybe my list will spawn some more from some of you!

From movie intro Loomis with nurse - "Go on, move!" (used when no plunge for 10 seconds?)

-From movie- Laurie's Dad - "Don't forget to drop the key off at the myers place!" (When plunger is released)

-Use the noise effect when Laurie drops key at mat and Michael's head is shown inside (used wherever)
On same note- maybe a mode involving myers house key?

-Loud mask breathing! Haven't noticed this yet, this is a must have, should be used alot!

Sanitarium-
-1st special movie noise effect when Michael jumps onto car viewed through back window
(Use when entering sanitarium?)
-2nd special movie noise effect when Michael grabs nurses hair.
(Use when flipped out of sanitarium?)

From movie - "He's gonna get you! He's gonna get you! The Boogey man! The Boogey man! " (Children chanting at schoolyard, any group of kids could be used, local Benton kids? No assets required.)

From movie - Loomis- "Lonnie! get your ass away from there!"
(Used when hitting a bad red shot?)

-This pin needs more movie kids/trick or treat stuff in it. From movie "Trick or treat trick or treat, gimme something good to eat!" Benton kids.
(Use when completing a mode?)

-Haddonfield cheerleaders chanting their cheer from movie "We're from Haddonfield, couldn't be prouder, can't hear us now? We'll yell a little louder!". Get the local Benton high-school cheerleaders to do it for you for a clean track no assets required.
(Use when completing a school related mode?)

-Use the movie clip or do animation of it, of the clown mask being donned with the eye holes and heavy breathing as the screen moves.

All of these are iconic small tidbits from the movie true fans will appreciate

#135 2 years ago

Also…add in Bracket’s “It’s Halloween…everyone’s entitled to one good scare.”

#136 2 years ago

Going to be a long wait until 920, but I'm stoked!!

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Code is looking great!
Here are some ideas from a suggestion email I sent Spooky. Maybe my list will spawn some more from some of you!
From movie intro Loomis with nurse - "Go on, move!" (used when no plunge for 10 seconds?)
-From movie- Laurie's Dad - "Don't forget to drop the key off at the myers place!" (When plunger is released)
-Use the noise effect when Laurie drops key at mat and Michael's head is shown inside (used wherever)
-Loud mask breathing! Haven't noticed this yet, this is a must have, should be used alot!
Sanitarium-
-1st special noise effect when Michael jumps onto car viewed through back window
-2nd special noise effect when Michael grabs nurses hair.
-"He's gonna get you! He's gonna get you! The Boogey man! The Boogey man! " (Children chanting at schoolyard, any group of kids could be used, local Benton kids? No assets required.)
-This pin needs more movie kids/trick or treat stuff in it. "Trick or treat trick or treat, gimme something good to eat!" Benton kids.
-Haddonfield cheerleaders chanting their cheer "We're from Haddonfield, couldn't be prouder, can't hear us now? We'll yell a little louder!". Get the local Benton high-school cheerleaders to do it for you for a clean track no assets required.
-Use the movie clip or do animation of it, of the clown mask being donned with the eye holes and heavy breathing as the screen moves.

No offense, but most of these callout ideas wouldn’t have anything to do with the modes in the game. The Michael breathing part is cool though.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Code is looking great!
Sanitarium-
-1st special noise effect when Michael jumps onto car viewed through back window
-2nd special noise effect when Michael grabs nurses hair.
-"He's gonna get you! He's gonna get you! The Boogey man! The Boogey man! " (Children chanting at schoolyard, any group of kids could be used, local Benton kids? No assets required.)
-This pin needs more movie kids/trick or treat stuff in it. "Trick or treat trick or treat, gimme something good to eat!" Benton kids.
-Haddonfield cheerleaders chanting their cheer "We're from Haddonfield, couldn't be prouder, can't hear us now? We'll yell a little louder!". Get the local Benton high-school cheerleaders to do it for you for a clean track no assets required.

Yes yes and yes. Everything you suggested I love. They are still missing a lot of the deep cuts from this movie and these suggestions are all fantastic

Michael breathing is a must spooky along with the 1st person clown mask. These have to be included.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No offense, but most of these callout ideas wouldn’t have anything to do with the modes in the game. The Michael breathing part is cool though.

It doesn’t need to be part of the modes but during the normal gameplay.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

8 of the 11 suggestions were in no way mode related and could be used as sound byte/effects where I specified, and other places.
We also have no idea what modes are in store for us.
Keep it up Spooky! love the blood drop thing!

#141 2 years ago

Code progress looks great.....man, I can't wait for this game!!

#142 2 years ago

Just got mine today, updated with todays code and had a couple of questions. First, sometimes it seems to just auto plunge when I start a new ball, is that normal? Also a question on the topper. not sure if mine is maybe not assembled quite right but you can barely see the knife at all from the playing position, mostly just see the hand rotating, was also curious if that was normal because while the knife is huge it remains mostly inside the head.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes!!! ( and the whole topper is lit...was so worried, lol)

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes!!! ( and the whole topper is lit...was so worried, lol)

9129D643-E2B4-4154-8947-FFBCF253B405 (resized).jpeg9129D643-E2B4-4154-8947-FFBCF253B405 (resized).jpeg
#145 2 years ago

Luke, did you add some blowing leaves in the basic house animation?

Well done, small touches like that will really improve animation and the experience.

If it was always there, well done anyway.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Luke, did you add some blowing leaves in the basic house animation?
Well done, small touches like that will really improve animation and the experience.
If it was always there, well done anyway.

I believe those are new! I know we have many plans for the details like slashing knives on screen, blood spatter, looking through the mask eyes from Michael perspective etc!

#147 2 years ago

Looks great. Your team endlessly catches hell about the animations from people who haven't played the game, don't own the game, haven't ordered it and probably won't order it. Keep up the good work. Small details will continue to affect the experience of the player. For example, if you smooth the frames in some of the major animated scenes (eg, the now famous nurse in the car) I think you will be right there.

Looking forward to no. 122.

#148 2 years ago

Love this Pinball Company
I only li$ted my spot for sale bc of a financial situation that is fa$t approaching
Going to take it down if I land this job I just interviewed for..
Excited for this pin and ongoing developments and srry but not going to spoil ANY-thing by watching vids lol

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I only li$ted my spot for sale bc of a financial situation that is fa$t approaching

living up to your Pinside name!

good luck with getting job !

#150 2 years ago

Lots of great ideas in this thread!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe those are new! I know we have many plans for the details like slashing knives on screen, blood spatter, looking through the mask eyes from Michael perspective etc!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/3?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.