Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 340.
#1901 2 years ago

Look for termites!

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That's odd. Not sure where the sawdust came from as neither the final inspection building nor the loading dock area has any wood cutting or sanding going on.

It's pixie dust!

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's pixie dust!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Look for termites!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3b0578aaffe17fb91309938db9dde3eb36c2b786-1639192136-1800"};
//]]>

Some days pinball really make ya wonder with the things that come up lol. No other reports of sawdust yet so hopefully a single game issue.

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Some days pinball really make ya wonder with the things that come up lol. No other reports of sawdust yet so hopefully a single game issue.

I've got it! Shavings from the topper knife.

I kid, I kid...

#1905 2 years ago

I modified my topper to fit in my low ceiling. Made a new mounting bracket out of wood and moved over the led strip and Halloween logo.

20211210_201829 (resized).jpg20211210_201829 (resized).jpg
#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That's odd. Not sure where the sawdust came from as neither the final inspection building nor the loading dock area has any wood cutting or sanding going on.

So far I’m 80 games in ,having a ton of fun with no issues!

438DA864-3EFE-4D71-846E-F939C2E0B419 (resized).jpeg438DA864-3EFE-4D71-846E-F939C2E0B419 (resized).jpeg
#1907 2 years ago

Anyone else having issues with 1.04b? If I miss a skill shot, it thinks the ball has drained and auto fires another. Very frustrating. Also, if I unlock the house and the ball drains to the pumpkin scoop, it still auto loads Death in the Driver’s Seat. I’m having the most issues with this current update.

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from Midnighteric:

Anyone else having issues with 1.04b? If I miss a skill shot, it thinks the ball has drained and auto fires another. Very frustrating. Also, if I unlock the house and the ball drains to the pumpkin scoop, it still auto loads Death in the Driver’s Seat. I’m having the most issues with this current update.

I haven't had the first problem.
Someone said they think autostarting the lowest Pumpkin mode (usually Death in the Driver's Seat), is a feature currently. Not sure, would need Bug or Spooky to confirm though.

#1909 2 years ago

I have not seen the first problem. I have, very occasionally, had a random ball save without draining. This has only happened maybe 3 times since I had the machine and on different code revs, so I think it's just a very intermittent issue with my machine. I'm guessing I have a slightly sensitive outlane or trough switch.

The second is how the game works. If a main mode (house, hedge, or sanitarium) is running, landing in a lit pumpkin scoop will auto-select a mode rather than having you choose. That said, it currently only selects Drivers Seat...no matter if you've already played and finished it or not. I believe that part is a bug and it will eventually be either random or select the next easiest unplayed mode.

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I modified my topper to fit in my low ceiling. Made a new mounting bracket out of wood and moved over the led strip and Halloween logo.
[quoted image]

Nice! Looks great. That was my other option. It would have been super tight, but I think it might have JUST made it. I really didn't want to lose the knife and pumpkin though.

My first option, which I tried when I set it up, was to take out a ceiling tile. I had just enough room to squeeze it in between a rafter and the ceiling grid. However, you could barely see it up there, and it was so close on either side that it would hit with normal nudging (well...my normal nudging, LOL).

I'm glad I could make my crate stand work, but yours looks great as well!

19FDA5D4-5695-4892-B8BF-FDF1D068D119 (resized).jpeg19FDA5D4-5695-4892-B8BF-FDF1D068D119 (resized).jpeg
#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice! Looks great. That was my other option. It would have been super tight, but I think it might have JUST made it. I really didn't want to lose the knife and pumpkin though.
My first option, which I tried when I set it up, was to take out a ceiling tile. I had just enough room to squeeze it in between a rafter and the ceiling grid. However, you could barely see it up there, and it was so close on either side that it would hit with normal nudging (well...my normal nudging, LOL).
I'm glad I could make my crate stand work, but yours looks great as well![quoted image]

I would have a hole in my second floor living room floor with a topper sticking up if it meant I couldn't fit that topper. lol.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have not seen the first problem. I have, very occasionally, had a random ball save without draining. This has only happened maybe 3 times since I had the machine and on different code revs, so I think it's just a very intermittent issue with my machine. I'm guessing I have a slightly sensitive outlane or trough switch.
The second is how the game works. If a main mode (house, hedge, or sanitarium) is running, landing in a lit pumpkin scoop will auto-select a mode rather than having you choose. That said, it currently only selects Drivers Seat...no matter if you've already played and finished it or not. I believe that part is a bug and it will eventually be either random or select the next easiest unplayed mode.

The mode is actually called ‘Death in the Driver Seat,’ which I think is a typo.

It should be ‘Death in the Driver’s Seat.’

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would have a hole in my second floor living room floor with a topper sticking up if it meant I couldn't fit that topper. lol.

Lmao

#1914 2 years ago

I played a few games after updating to 1.04b and had the ball save thing happen 4 times so I just called it a night. After auto launching the second ball, I’d let them drain. When the next game started, it kept searching for balls but they were all in place. I’ll try and get a video today.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

#1915 2 years ago

I played a few games after updating to 1.04b and had the ball save thing happen 4 times so I just called it a night. After auto launching the second ball, I’d let them drain. When the next game started, it kept searching for balls but they were all in place. I’ll try and get a video today.

Did you do a switch test when it was searching for balls to confirm that it could see them all? Having not only a random ball save but also doing a ball search when starting the next game sounds like a ball trough switch issue.

The few times mine did a random ball save, it was completely fine after that, which makes me think outlane switch being set off from vibration or a short. But being yours continued to act like a ball was missing makes me suspect yours is a more persistent trough issue.

#1916 2 years ago

So, I updated for 1.04a to 1.04b. When I restarted the machine, all I get is a black screen. With a little tiny flashing message in the upper left corner that says "Pinfix" with a login date.

And of course its pinball league night.

Any suggestion?

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, I updated for 1.04a to 1.04b. When I restarted the machine, all I get is a black screen. With a little tiny flashing message in the upper left corner that says "Pinfix" with a login date.
And of course its pinball league night.
Any suggestion?

You will need to email Fawzma to unbrick it.

[email protected]

#1918 2 years ago

Is there a reason the boot-fix code and instructions can't just be put up on Spooky Support site along with the code updates?

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did you do a switch test when it was searching for balls to confirm that it could see them all? Having not only a random ball save but also doing a ball search when starting the next game sounds like a ball trough switch issue.
The few times mine did a random ball save, it was completely fine after that, which makes me think outlane switch being set off from vibration or a short. But being yours continued to act like a ball was missing makes me suspect yours is a more persistent trough issue.

I did do a switch test last night. The good news is that so far I’ve had no auto ball saves while playing today! Hopefully an isolated incident. Thanks for your info.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You will need to email Fawzma to unbrick it.
[email protected]

Thank you

are you sure that is the right email? Sent a message and it was returned.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Thank you
are you sure that is the right email? Sent a message and it was returned.

Hmm...not positive. Sorry I just copied and pasted from an earlier post.

Maybe this one?
[email protected]

#1923 2 years ago

[email protected] is the correct one! Sometimes typing it Gmail will still get it there

#1924 2 years ago

Anybody else notice while running the new code that once you start Sanitarium that nothing happens? The game says it the lit targets but nothing is lit? Pretty sure on the earlier code the drop targets were up?

#1925 2 years ago

Shoot the targets on the sanitarium playfield?

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Shoot the targets on the sanitarium playfield?

Yup. The targets are lit but they are pretty faint. Not sure if they can be brightened up or if that's just how they are, but it would be nice if they were much brighter.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yup. The targets are lit but they are pretty faint. Not sure if they can be brightened up or if that's just how they are, but it would be nice if they were much brighter.

Mine don't light anymore either. They used to.

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Mine don't light anymore either. They used to.

I’ve started it a few times now and all my drop targets stay down? The 3 on the main pf and the Sanitarium one. There’s basically nothing to shoot for when I start that mode.

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I’ve started it a few times now and all my drop targets stay down? The 3 on the main pf and the Sanitarium one. There’s basically nothing to shoot for when I start that mode.

It's the Sanitarium stand-up targets that you need to hit. They will then drop the Sanitarium drop target.

I will pay more attention next time I play it. I got used to them being so dim you can barely see them, so honestly I might not have noticed if they no longer light at all, LOL.

#1930 2 years ago

Just got my Halloween unboxed yesterday and here are some initial reviews after getting only about a dozen or so plays in yet. More to come tonight.

The game itself is gorgeous. And I’m not talking about the butter cab although it’s nice too, overall Spooky just killed it on presentation and style points.

No issues thus far out of the box so that’s a good thing.

It’s a different game no doubt about it. In a good way. Very sneaky where the ball is coming from on those in lane returns. Gotta stay on your toes there. Which is the whole point of the movie and ambience

Smooth shots, I like the 3 levels although only made it up to the 3rd twice I think.

Playing it in a home environment with the lights out is really cool.

The animations and the code. What’s in there is good. Some of which I can see getting really repetitive but I know we are in early stages so the jury is still out there.

Haven’t updated to 1.04b code yet

I need to get another 50 games or so in to really get a feel but overall I’m really happy with it and I’d say expectations exceeded thus far.

It’s FUN!

#1931 2 years ago
D7EA50A6-AE4B-47C9-8052-67F3EE8C4DCB (resized).jpegD7EA50A6-AE4B-47C9-8052-67F3EE8C4DCB (resized).jpeg
#1932 2 years ago

What's the highest number shipped out yet?

#1933 2 years ago

What scores are people posting?

#1934 2 years ago

I have an Ultraman CE #214 spot I would swap for a late run Halloween CE spot, deposit is through KingPin.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I believe 138 but mine is supposed too ship early next week and I'm 159

#1936 2 years ago

Something like 58 games should be getting pinotaurs put in and boxed up this week so I'm not sure what the number is but it will go up fast this week and next week!

#1937 2 years ago

Does anyone have the link for the Michael head that mounts with the topper? I think Etsy?

#1939 2 years ago

Getting #138 dialed in. Here is a before and after of my shooter housing. Hey Spooky - where are the knife shooter rods?

20211212_141323 (resized).jpg20211212_141323 (resized).jpg20211212_141758 (resized).jpg20211212_141758 (resized).jpg
#1940 2 years ago

On 1.04b I saw a bug with house multiball running at the same time as Bob-Linda pumpkin mode. I cleared the targets, but shooting up the center ramp would not go into the house so I couldn't finish the mode. I think I may have cleared the last target after multiball ended and it was in stalker/restart which I didn't get.

Edit: It happened after hedge multiball, but house multiball was previously played on the same ball. Center ramp was lit, but diverter was in the wrong position and would send the ball to the left return instead of the house.

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

#196 here. No invoice yet but I’m thinking it should be close.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from meat_disease:

#196 here. No invoice yet but I’m thinking it should be close.

#198 and can’t wait!

#1943 2 years ago

#237 and super excited!

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Getting #138 dialed in. Here is a before and after of my shooter housing. Hey Spooky - where are the knife shooter rods?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man that was crooked. My ocd did not like that at all.

#1945 2 years ago

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
F9CF06AC-C658-4AE6-98DD-59A4C4A93F69 (resized).pngF9CF06AC-C658-4AE6-98DD-59A4C4A93F69 (resized).png

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
[quoted image]

I assume it is contract work. Same thing with music and voice actors.

#1947 2 years ago

Sounds like he wants to get paid by people who share his photos off of social media.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?

That guy's Nucking Futs!
Everything he's said publicly has been cray cray.
The flash animations are the weakest part of the game I've seen so far.
"Be Afraid, Spooky. Be VERY Afraid."

#1949 2 years ago

Hmm, ok…he says he is still working on animations. Very misleading post. Must just be a contract job.

Quoted from miracleman:

That guy's Nucking Futs!
Everything he's said publicly has been cray cray.
The flash animations are the weakest part of the game I've seen so far.
"Be Afraid, Spooky. Be VERY Afraid."

#1950 2 years ago

#154 invoice paid today, butter cab. Getting closer!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/39?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.