IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 340.
#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Known bug that is being worked on. If you have the very latest code (two updates were released rapidly, you want the second one, which is on the website now), the ball lock drop was added to the ball search to mitigate the issue when it happens.

I'm running version 1.04A Thanks

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a whole building FULL of games literally! So frustrating!
Happy to say though we added another great member to the Spooky team today. Will be doing an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future! Exciting times!

Upload a pic of all the pins for fun......and an added bonus for me if CE 160 is in the pic so I can at least drool over the pic of my soon to be favorite game

#1853 2 years ago

Gonna have 1.04B on the website for you all today! It has an official fix for both the skill shot and the mode select. You guys were all very helpful in helping us narrow those down in code, and we appreciate it a lot!

#1854 2 years ago

#110 has arrived !!!!
Should I trust this delivery guy?
How much should I tip ?

AF24C9C0-D4DB-449E-ABE6-D5FE462C02D0 (resized).jpegAF24C9C0-D4DB-449E-ABE6-D5FE462C02D0 (resized).jpeg

FA256180-0441-43FC-BA22-78F6FB821A03 (resized).jpegFA256180-0441-43FC-BA22-78F6FB821A03 (resized).jpeg
#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

#110 has arrived !!!!
How much should I tip ?
[quoted image]

Tip? Ask him if he sees anything he likes...

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

#110 has arrived !!!!
How much should I tip ?
[quoted image]

Don’t forget to grab him a beer.

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

#110 has arrived !!!!
How much should I tip ?
[quoted image]

... and don't answer the phone while he's in your house.

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah mine likes to get hung up there every once in awhile. I made my machine a bit steeper and it helped, but a slow moving ball can still settle in there. I can get mine out, but usually get a tilt out of it. I keep forgetting to ask Bug if there is a way to adjust that servo to turn a little further. If not, I might dremel my diverter a little bit so it doesn't create a trap. Won't take much.

Just got a solution from Spooky service for this in case others are having the ball get stuck on the top diverter. Just remove the two screws that hold the triangular metal diverter piece onto the servo (pic 1) to reveal the orange part. That orange part can then be pulled off, it's a little difficult but it does indeed pull right off. Then you can rotate it a bit and place it back on effectively altering the slope of the diverter. It has teeth so it only snaps back on in certain increments. Then screw the metal diverter piece back on and give it a try. I just rotated mine and will test it tonight.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#1859 2 years ago

#138 arrives Thursday. I am wondering if I got the last of the pinotaurs boards. I don’t see anyone higher getting delivery notices.

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

#110 has arrived !!!!
How much should I tip ?
[quoted image]

Nice! Got a question for you. How wide is the box? I need to know if it will fit through my gate.

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Gonna have 1.04B on the website for you all today! It has an official fix for both the skill shot and the mode select. You guys were all very helpful in helping us narrow those down in code, and we appreciate it a lot!

You guys are on you’re game. Well done. This is a nice symbiosis between Spooky and its clients. Love to see it. I knew I made the right choice when I made Halloween my first Spooky title. #955 can’t come soon enough.

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Nice! Got a question for you. How wide is the box? I need to know if it will fit through my gate.

Here you go the wides part the base and top of the box 33 inches.But really can be squeezed back an inch or two if needed.

4BFB32E8-E2FC-4081-BA04-D96B28728E70 (resized).jpeg4BFB32E8-E2FC-4081-BA04-D96B28728E70 (resized).jpeg
#1863 2 years ago

Pinotaurs are in. Spooky post on Facebook. Full house in there!

Screenshot_20211207-195048_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-195048_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1864 2 years ago

A video of all those toppers running simultaneously would be rather entertaining. Congrats on the boards arriving!

#1865 2 years ago

Has anybody made a mod for the top left ball lock ramp thing? I think it looks out of place in the game and would like to put some lipstick on it.

#1866 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Has anybody made a mod for the top left ball lock ramp thing? I think it looks out of place in the game and would like to put some lipstick on it.

Vimtoman is making one.

#1867 2 years ago

V1.04b is up.

FIXED mode select could start while ball was on playfield.
FIXED judith lock would not release ball on last ball drain if you let the full lock animation play out
FIXED mid playfield drop target unnecessary resets
FIXED upper drop target resets on ball start

#1868 2 years ago

Sounds like Fawzma found a way that Mac users can update the game in home! We will do instructions with the release of it when it's ready!
No extra app or anything required. Just more files that have to be copied to make a full image but it sounds like you can unzip and copy all at once so no extra steps.

No big deal guys.

#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Vimtoman is making one.

Ok. I need this

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Were you playing on 1.04 or 1.04a?
In Death in the Driver's Seat, my right orbit isn't registering. I saw yours was. Did a switch test and seems fine. I am on 1.04.

So I was noticing it more on my left orbit, the conclusion I've come to is for the left orbit to register it has to hit the left orbit switch, then the right orbit switch, opposite for the right orbit. If I get a clean shot it hits both no problems, if I catch the left orbit weak off of a back hand shot it will hit the left orbit switch, then miss the right orbit switch as it loops around and not register.

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sounds like Fawzma found a way that Mac users can update the game in home! We will do instructions with the release of it when it's ready!
No extra app or anything required. Just more files that have to be copied to make a full image but it sounds like you can unzip and copy all at once so no extra steps.
No big deal guys.

Update the game in home? Does that mean I have to find a PC right now for current update. Getting ready to unbox mine

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update the game in home? Does that mean I have to find a PC right now for current update. Getting ready to unbox mine

As in.....you don't have a personal computer at all, or you only have Apple? It updates off a USB stick, like everything else in recent history.

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Email [email protected] he should be able to help you

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah that's a challenge. I tried to get it from the side, but I didn't have luck. Maybe the right tools would help, but I only have a regular allen key set and I couldn't get that and a socket in there for the nut at the same time. Bug says it's easier if you can lift up the backside of the playfield from the service rail position, but I didn't have a second person to hold it, and couldn't find a way to balance it that I was comfortable with.
I ended up simply taking off the upper playfield. Once I decided to do that, it was super easy. Just a few screws and it's loose. I didn't undo the wires underneath, but there was enough slack to simply pull it up a little and get to the flipper mech easily. It took like an hour plus of screwing around before doing this, and maybe 5 minutes once I decided to do it this way, LOL.
I highly suggest scuffing up the flipper shaft with some sandpaper before repositioning. The first time I just repositioned it and gorilla tightened it. Within a few games it had slipped back up. Scuffing up the shaft will give the bracket something to bite on better. Hasn't moved again yet.
Good luck!

Thanks!! I'm going to tackle tacking the pf off tonight, Any tips for this or was it just a matter of taking off some screws?

#1875 2 years ago

Just got our email for Halloween. #184

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Thanks!! I'm going to tackle tacking the pf off tonight, Any tips for this or was it just a matter of taking off some screws?

Just some screws/nuts. Really easy. Undo the spring that pulls the balcony ledge down when the ball drops off the magnet. Take off the plastic in back that has covers the diverter (and has the "curtains" plastic on it). Take off the "L" bracket that holds the upper pf to the back board. Take off the "wood" looking molded plastic that goes around the flipper. There is one or two screws under that mold that holds the upper pf to the Sanitarium pf. If I'm remembering right, that's it. Will need to wiggle it free. Should be enough wire slack to just barely get under it without unhooking stuff. Seriously like a 10 minute job. Good luck!

#1877 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Email [email protected] he should be able to help you

Got it. No PCs for me. Just Apple

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just some screws/nuts. Really easy. Undo the spring that pulls the balcony ledge down when the ball drops off the magnet. Take off the plastic in back that has covers the diverter (and has the "curtains" plastic on it). Take off the "L" bracket that holds the upper pf to the back board. Take off the "wood" looking molded plastic that goes around the flipper. There is one or two screws under that mold that holds the upper pf to the Sanitarium pf. If I'm remembering right, that's it. Will need to wiggle it free. Should be enough wire slack to just barely get under it without unhooking stuff. Seriously like a 10 minute job. Good luck!

All fixed and you were right super easy! Thanks for the bit of the walkthrough as it was a great help.

#1879 2 years ago

I must say, 1.04b has squashed the bugs. The rules and assets are really starting to mature nicely. Wife and I are having a blast with this update!

#1880 2 years ago

Is there any way to save game settings, audits, scores, etc. between updates?

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Is there any way to save game settings, audits, scores, etc. between updates?

I don’t think so.

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

So I was noticing it more on my left orbit, the conclusion I've come to is for the left orbit to register it has to hit the left orbit switch, then the right orbit switch, opposite for the right orbit. If I get a clean shot it hits both no problems, if I catch the left orbit weak off of a back hand shot it will hit the left orbit switch, then miss the right orbit switch as it loops around and not register.

Thinking you are right. There must be space for the ball not to hit the second switch, going either way, if the velocity and/or angle isn't there.

#1883 2 years ago

Has anyone received their knife shooter handle in the mail yet?

#1884 2 years ago

I am getting my game delivered today (#138). I got a feeling it will have the knife shooter already installed since they just recently showed up.

#1885 2 years ago

Hopefully someone makes a knife handle mod for us BSE and Se owners

#1886 2 years ago

When your ceiling height sucks but you need that sweet stabbing action…

2F3EF86F-31AD-4DE6-BD12-4EEE521A452A (resized).jpeg2F3EF86F-31AD-4DE6-BD12-4EEE521A452A (resized).jpeg
#1887 2 years ago

God this pin looks so good...I can't wait to get mine.

How's gameplay for those that have had it for a few weeks now?

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

When your ceiling height sucks but you need that sweet stabbing action…

How difficult was it to remove the topper? One of the big reasons I got a BSE was because of my low ceilings. Early on people were saying the topper did not look like it was easily removable.

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

How difficult was it to remove the topper? One of the big reasons I got a BSE was because of my low ceilings. Early on people were saying the topper did not look like it was easily removable.

Super easy. Five screws. The wiring had two connectors (one motor, one LED strip). I ran the wires out through the grill on the back of the cabinet (right above the power cord) instead of the head to give me a little more wire slack. I didn't even have to extend the wires. As the topper is slightly wider than the crates I put it on, I cut two little pieces of plastic (actually a repurposed old plastic protector) to support the ends of the LED strip. I didn't even screw the topper to the crate just in case I need to move it. It is much more stable than I expected. Now that I have it placed, I will probably screw it on just to be safe though.

It's cool seeing the entire knife...was surprised how curved it is but I'm sure that was needed for the range of motion. I have toyed with the idea of finding a pumpkin or zombie head or something for it to stab into, LOL.

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

When your ceiling height sucks but you need that sweet stabbing action…[quoted image]

That’s awesome! I was sweating my ceiling height, but fortunately, I had plenty of room. At least a good 1/8”.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1891 2 years ago

I think this was a concern actually. In one of the of pics posted of the PF, it looks like the switch is off center. I'll see if I can find the pic. Was hoping this was something that would possibly be corrected.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think this was a concern actually. In one of the of pics posted of the PF, it looks like the switch is off center. I'll see if I can find the pic. Was hoping this was something that would possibly be corrected.

Reporting back, I adjusted the switch last night to be much more sensitive so it requires very little pressure to activate and things are playing much better now.

#1893 2 years ago

Reporting back, I adjusted the switch last night to be much more sensitive so it requires very little pressure to activate and things are playing much better now.

Being new to pinball owning, what is the adjustment I need to make? If too much to type out, I can research on my own.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Being new to pinball owning, what is the adjustment I need to make? If too much to type out, I can research on my own.

I bent the wire close to the actuator on the switch upwards a little bit, this will cause the actuator that hits the cherry switch to sit closer to the switch, i.e. less pressure needed on the switch to trigger it. You may need to make a few other adjustments as well to make sure it's not sticking in the cut out after doing this. Rolling the ball around at different speeds and such in the switch test will help you get it dialed in.

#1895 2 years ago

Got pin and plays good a little buggy even with new code. Couple plastics broke on delivery . Anyone having the flaps from the elevators in the ball out lanes stay up stopping ball ?
Mine seems like it is binding and it always stays up .

#1896 2 years ago

182 here with options email received and confirmed on 12/8. No butter for me. Trying to cut a few pounds

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Got pin and plays good a little buggy even with new code. Couple plastics broke on delivery . Anyone having the flaps from the elevators in the ball out lanes stay up stopping ball ?

Mine haven’t been staying up. Sounds like you’re right. It’s getting stuck.

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Can you email [email protected], and include a picture of those flaps? They should be able to tell you what's gone awry there, and how to fix it. We'll of course also send you replacement plastics for those that broke in shipping. Enjoy the game!

#1899 2 years ago

#138 is in the house. Two annoying issues so far. The first is both wires were broken on the pumpkin. The second was a large amount of saw dust in the shipping box. I had to vacuum everything. The saw dust even got between the display and the plexi. Still no knife shooter rod. I have only played a couple games. It is very different from other games in my collection so that is a good thing. Seems like a fun game.

20211210_124051 (resized).jpg20211210_124051 (resized).jpg20211210_142154 (resized).jpg20211210_142154 (resized).jpg
#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

#138 is in the house. Two annoying issues so far. The first is both wires were broken on the pumpkin. The second was a large amount of saw dust in the shipping box. I had to vacuum everything. The saw dust even got between the display and the plexi. Still no knife shooter rod. I have only played a couple games. It is very different from other games in my collection so that is a good thing. Seems like a fun game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's odd. Not sure where the sawdust came from as neither the final inspection building nor the loading dock area has any wood cutting or sanding going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/38?hl=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.