IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 340.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Much respect for you. All games won’t jive with all people…and you aren’t looking to flip, just to get your money back. A great game and a great number. Good luck with the sale.

I agree. John seems like a great, straight forward guy. Glad he found a pin that "clicks" with him in GnR. He could have been really greedy with having pin#78 but he is just moving on and you have to respect that. If I didn't have pin #420, I would be tempted to swap out just based on the perceived value of that PIN number in years to come.

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.
Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

Good job! How come you never set your skillshot?

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Good job! How come you never set your skillshot?

I’d prefer to go to Judith every time. Kind of an all or nothing thing so I don’t change it.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.

Were you playing on 1.04 or 1.04a?

In Death in the Driver's Seat, my right orbit isn't registering. I saw yours was. Did a switch test and seems fine. I am on 1.04.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Were you playing on 1.04 or 1.04a?
In Death in the Driver's Seat, my right orbit isn't registering. I saw yours was. Did a switch test and seems fine. I am on 1.04.

I am on 1.04A. The only difference that i know between the two is the judith lock. The one on 1.04 doesn't let it go from the lock. The 1.04a will do a ball search and bring down the target so you can continue play.

However, I noticed mine didn't register every time. It might be worth checking out that switch too.

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.

Thanks for doing the stream .Great job .

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I am on 1.04A. The only difference that i know between the two is the judith lock. The one on 1.04 doesn't let it go from the lock. The 1.04a will do a ball search and bring down the target so you can continue play.
However, I noticed mine didn't register every time. It might be worth checking out that switch too.

I will update to 4a just to make sure. I am admittedly a pinball newb, but I went into the switch test today, And rolled a ball around that orbit, and it seemed to register. I will call tech support tomorrow too if it doesn't get sorted.

Wouldn't be too bad if that particular mode didn't get started on it's own so often at this point in the code.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I will update to 4a just to make sure. I am admittedly a pinball newb, but I went into the switch test today, And rolled a ball around that orbit, and it seemed to register. I will call tech support tomorrow too if it doesn't get sorted.
Wouldn't be too bad if that particular mode didn't get started on it's own so often at this point in the code.

Glad to hear that switch is working. I'm sure it might be a little bug. I def noticed it too. I'll try to pay more attention to it next time I play. That mode only gets started by itself during hedge, sanitarium, or house if you haven't beat it yet. Once you beat that mode it'll do the next one you haven't completed yet. I love that so much honestly.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks for doing the stream .Great job .

Thank you so much!

#1810 2 years ago

Remember to turn adult mode back on after updating. I forgot to after updating the second time to 1.04a and was very disappointed.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Dude you figured out what was causing what seemed like a super random bug I was discussing with Bug! I couldn’t figure out what triggered it and I hadn’t had it with the latest code but I just didn’t hit the right combo of shots yet. I can now reproduce it almost every time. Seems like it won’t do it while skill shot is active, but if you hit a few things first it will almost every time. I contacted Bug about it too. This find will make it much easier to squash I’m sure. Nice find!

Does it matter which of the drop targets is still up? I haven't seen this during regular play since the update, and tried to reproduce it with the glass off and couldn't either. Also, I did have one reboot shortly after updating the first time on Friday, but none since after many games.

Putting you in "Death in the Driver Seat" looks to be a feature rather than a bug since I think the intent is to put you in the lowest non-completed pumpkin mode if you enter the scoop while already in one of the main modes. Although I think it put me in that once even though I had already completed it.

#1812 2 years ago

Finally got mad that center ramp rejects kept happening on good shots, I pulled my playfield for a closer look. A good chunk of the playfield is not clearanced out to the proper hole size. I wonder how much of that accounts for rejects? Considering opening it up or at least taking down that sharp edge on the right. Is everyone else's golden?
I can see the wear marks on the right vertical side edge on the black paint so it must be trying to go over there. I have felt that the "left edge of the ramp" seemed to be more successful as well, but thought it was my imagination.
20211205_233651 (resized).jpg20211205_233651 (resized).jpg

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Finally got mad that center ramp rejects kept happening on good shots, I pulled my playfield for a closer look. A good chunk of the playfield is not clearanced out to the proper hole size. I wonder how much of that accounts for rejects? Considering opening it up or at least taking down that sharp edge on the right. Is everyone else's golden?
I can see the wear marks on the right vertical side edge on the black paint so it must be trying to go over there. I have felt that the "left edge of the ramp" seemed to be more successful as well, but thought it was my imagination.
[quoted image]

Is there any way you could record it in slow motion? That should show what’s going on.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I pulled my playfield for a closer look

Not having got my game yet - I’m only guessing …

But can you move the little playfield a little to the right? Any play with the mounting screws?

Or the ramp to the left?

I’m sure Luke will have an answer either way.

rd

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Remember to turn adult mode back on after updating. I forgot to after updating the second time to 1.04a and was very disappointed.

What does adult mode enable specifically?

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What does adult mode enable specifically?

Seeing PJs (Lynda’s) boobs.

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

The left side of the metal scoop looks boogered up as well to me…

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Thanks for the update. I haven’t watched any stream of the game as I want it everything to be brand new when I play the first time. Was thinking about doing this update and playing my game, but I’m busy enough to where I may just wait for the next one so the code gets further along.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I agree. John seems like a great, straight forward guy. Glad he found a pin that "clicks" with him in GnR. He could have been really greedy with having pin#78 but he is just moving on and you have to respect that. If I didn't have pin #420, I would be tempted to swap out just based on the perceived value of that PIN number in years to come.

Thanks for the kind words man - appreciate it. FYI I had GNR before Halloween and GNR has nothing to do with me selling it. I’m not looking to make any money on my #78 - just looking to get back my ‘all in’ costs including shipping and taxes. #78 deserves to go to someone who appreciates it more than I do. I hope this game progresses nicely for all the owners out there. It’s a beautiful machine, just not my style of gameplay.

#1820 2 years ago

After looking at other owners machines I’m starting to think my top upper pf house flipper is in the wrong position. How exactly should it be positioned? Here is mine. Should it test against the bottom wall so it needs to be further down?

EA445856-1A4D-40AC-837F-766E47DA4E5F (resized).jpegEA445856-1A4D-40AC-837F-766E47DA4E5F (resized).jpeg

#1821 2 years ago

Any idea on shipping schedules? Where are they? Did the pinotaurs come in for the 50 that were on the line awaiting them? Still hoping for 163 to arrive before Christmas.

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Any idea on shipping schedules? Where are they? Did the pinotaurs come in for the 50 that were on the line awaiting them? Still hoping for 163 to arrive before Christmas.

Could happen for you before Christmas!
Im #110 arriving tomorrow.Shipped on December 3rd.

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After looking at other owners machines I’m starting to think my top upper pf house flipper is in the wrong position. How exactly should it be positioned? Here is mine. Should it test against the bottom wall so it needs to be further down?
[quoted image]

It should be flush. That’s not right.

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Yes, that needs to be adjusted way down to the alignment hole. Mine had also worked itself loose early on. I took the flipper bat out, scuffed up the shaft a bit where the screw holds it, and it's been fine since.

#1825 2 years ago

I’m #168 (butter) still haven’t received my invoice.

Quoted from curban:

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes, that needs to be adjusted way down to the alignment hole. Mine had also worked itself loose early on. I took the flipper bat out, scuffed up the shaft a bit where the screw holds it, and it's been fine since.

Thanks guys!

#1827 2 years ago

162, invoiced.

#1828 2 years ago

#138 just shipped. Already received my FedEx tracking number. Things are looking up.

#1829 2 years ago

On my machine the ball tends to get stuck in the scoop because it gets hung up on the pumpkin cable that's been routed through that hole, after which only removing the glass will fix it. A bit hard to tell from my pic, but the ball is being cradled between the cable and the metal wall. For now I put some packing tape to hold the pumpkin cable against the metal bracket so that the ball will just roll over it when it falls into the scoop, but that's just a temporary fix. Anyone have ideas on a more permanent fix? The best solution would be to route the pumpkin cable elsewhere and not via the same scoop hole that balls go through regularly, but I didn't see any other nearby hole where I could re-reroute it to

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1830 2 years ago

The pumpkin cable should not be in the path of the ball.

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Mine is the same? How did you get in there to loosen the flipper bat? We’re you able to do it from underneath, seems tiiiiiiiight?

Greg

480230D5-A755-412A-8EF0-AF55847AAB7D (resized).jpeg480230D5-A755-412A-8EF0-AF55847AAB7D (resized).jpeg
#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Mine is the same? How did you get in there to loosen the flipper bat? We’re you able to do it from underneath, seems tiiiiiiiight?
Greg[quoted image]

Mine was the same. You can access it from the side of the playfield. You can't put the playfield all the way up. You kinda have to put it at an angle to reach it.

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Greg[quoted image]

Yeah that's a challenge. I tried to get it from the side, but I didn't have luck. Maybe the right tools would help, but I only have a regular allen key set and I couldn't get that and a socket in there for the nut at the same time. Bug says it's easier if you can lift up the backside of the playfield from the service rail position, but I didn't have a second person to hold it, and couldn't find a way to balance it that I was comfortable with.

I ended up simply taking off the upper playfield. Once I decided to do that, it was super easy. Just a few screws and it's loose. I didn't undo the wires underneath, but there was enough slack to simply pull it up a little and get to the flipper mech easily. It took like an hour plus of screwing around before doing this, and maybe 5 minutes once I decided to do it this way, LOL.

I highly suggest scuffing up the flipper shaft with some sandpaper before repositioning. The first time I just repositioned it and gorilla tightened it. Within a few games it had slipped back up. Scuffing up the shaft will give the bracket something to bite on better. Hasn't moved again yet.

Good luck!

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

On my machine the ball tends to get stuck in the scoop because it gets hung up on the pumpkin cable that's been routed through that hole, after which only removing the glass will fix it. A bit hard to tell from my pic, but the ball is being cradled between the cable and the metal wall. For now I put some packing tape to hold the pumpkin cable against the metal bracket so that the ball will just roll over it when it falls into the scoop, but that's just a temporary fix. Anyone have ideas on a more permanent fix? The best solution would be to route the pumpkin cable elsewhere and not via the same scoop hole that balls go through regularly, but I didn't see any other nearby hole where I could re-reroute it to [quoted image]

We have a permanent fix email service! We also changed it on the line so they are all secured now. Same with flipper bat we have a trick to increase hold strength.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

I believe it should be flushed, here is mine

20211206_191311 (resized).jpg20211206_191311 (resized).jpg
#1836 2 years ago

Had a very interesting thing happened just now while I was testing, was in the middle of a hedge multi-ball and hit the center ramp, and thought I heard a thud. I couldn't tell for sure, so I kept playing until I eventually drained everything , and just as I thought there was a ball missing. Long story short, it had jumped out of the side of the center ramp and ended up in the bottom of the cabinet. After further inspection I realized the ball can easily fit through the hole off of the side of the ramp on either side. This probably helps to account for the many rejects I'm having off of the center ramp, if the ball is slightly getting off center and bouncing on the way up , it would be hitting the wood rather than having metal Channel it all the way up. I also noticed that the edges of the wood inside are getting destroyed a little bit too, not sure how that is happening

20211206_190701 (resized).jpg20211206_190701 (resized).jpg20211206_190733 (resized).jpg20211206_190733 (resized).jpg20211206_190752 (resized).jpg20211206_190752 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-191927_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-191927_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Had a very interesting thing happened just now while I was testing, was in the middle of a hedge multi-ball and hit the center ramp, and thought I heard a thud. I couldn't tell for sure, so I kept playing until I eventually drained everything , and just as I thought there was a ball missing. Long story short, it had jumped out of the side of the center ramp and ended up in the bottom of the cabinet. After further inspection I realized the ball can easily fit through the hole off of the side of the ramp on either side. This probably helps to account for the many rejects I'm having off of the center ramp, if the ball is slightly getting off center and bouncing on the way up , it would be hitting the wood rather than having metal Channel it all the way up. I also noticed that the edges of the wood inside are getting destroyed a little bit too, not sure how that is happening
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Email service. 2 plastic sides should be there.

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for documenting this, I've been having many rejects as well, perfect dead on shots that roll back... and suspect this might be the cause

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah that's a challenge. I tried to get it from the side, but I didn't have luck. Maybe the right tools would help, but I only have a regular allen key set and I couldn't get that and a socket in there for the nut at the same time. Bug says it's easier if you can lift up the backside of the playfield from the service rail position, but I didn't have a second person to hold it, and couldn't find a way to balance it that I was comfortable with.
I ended up simply taking off the upper playfield. Once I decided to do that, it was super easy. Just a few screws and it's loose. I didn't undo the wires underneath, but there was enough slack to simply pull it up a little and get to the flipper mech easily. It took like an hour plus of screwing around before doing this, and maybe 5 minutes once I decided to do it this way, LOL.
I highly suggest scuffing up the flipper shaft with some sandpaper before repositioning. The first time I just repositioned it and gorilla tightened it. Within a few games it had slipped back up. Scuffing up the shaft will give the bracket something to bite on better. Hasn't moved again yet.
Good luck!

Any pics or detail of what to remove to take off the top pf would be helpful if you have a chance. Looks like I need to make this adjustment too.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Still waiting. Hoping to get them this week and work all weekend installing them and clearing the 50.

#1841 2 years ago

SpookyLuke thoughts on ramp rejects due to the PF entrance being offset to the side?

20211205_233651 (resized).jpg20211205_233651 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-174551_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-174551_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a permanent fix email service! We also changed it on the line so they are all secured now. Same with flipper bat we have a trick to increase hold strength.

Yup already have an email out to service for this and for a fix to my diverter, but sometimes I ask here as well just in case it's quicker

EDIT: Maybe someone here knows how to adjust the diverter? The ball get stuck on mine. I do have an email out to service, but I wanna play the game tonight Instructions from service were "You may have to adjust your servo by taking the diverter off and moving it by one tooth.". I removed the diverter but, umm, have no idea how to "move it by one tooth".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyLuke thoughts on ramp rejects due to the PF entrance being offset to the side?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think that the ball should be moving fast enough that it would be riding the top of the metal and never touch the playfield. I would also think it would be more torn up in that area if it was hitting it but I can't be sure. Any which way I'll definitely look into it tomorrow.

I will also note that is a 3 story high shot. It's not meant to be super easy as there are many shots in the game that are easily made. It's meant to have to be a full power clean shot. Usually I can hit it 3 or 4 times in a row though from the left flipper. Much harder to get a clean shot from the right. Also as I have noted before the center triple drops being perfectly flush is very important!

#1844 2 years ago

#159 invoiced. Can't wait too get this bad boy. Cmon Pinotaurs, please get here this week lol

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

#159 invoiced. Can't wait too get this bad boy. Cmon Pinotaurs, please get here this week lol

We have a whole building FULL of games literally! So frustrating!

Happy to say though we added another great member to the Spooky team today. Will be doing an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future! Exciting times!

#1846 2 years ago

Wow that is exciting news - that new DJ guy seems to be an impressive add recently for you. Fun to watch a team being built.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a whole building FULL of games literally! So frustrating!
Happy to say thought we added another great member to the Spooky team today. Will be doing an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future! Exciting times!

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wow that is exciting news - that new DJ guy seems to be an impressive add recently for you. Fun to watch a team being built.

He is insanely smart. Seems like he can do anything we throw at him CODE, CAD, 3D, art, hardware, software. He's virtually a robot! Barely sleeps. Works insane hours not sure how any human could keep up with him. With all that he's just a flat out cool guy who works well with literally anyone. Couldn't ask for more.

#1848 2 years ago

#159 invoice just paid. Who hoo cmon Pinotaurs haha.

#1849 2 years ago

I had this happen last night. I had a ball locked in the Judith Myers tombstone drained the next ball and the locked ball would not release. I waited about 5 minutes but nothing happened. I had the same scenario earlier but I did hit the lock and the ball did release.

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceFury:

I had this happen last night. I had a ball locked in the Judith Myers tombstone drained the next ball and the locked ball would not release. I waited about 5 minutes but nothing happened. I had the same scenario earlier but I did hit the lock and the ball did release.

Known bug that is being worked on. If you have the very latest code (two updates were released rapidly, you want the second one, which is on the website now), the ball lock drop was added to the ball search to mitigate the issue when it happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/37?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.