IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 339.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Just picked up #111. Ready to flip away till late night.
[quoted image]

Nice shadow...

Jeff

#1652 2 years ago

Just had an airball near the scoop that took out a key piece of plastic which holds the fencing and pumpkin along the bottom and left side of the sanitarium. Sadly my game is unplayable until I can get a replacement piece. Emailed Spooky so I’m hoping they can ship out a replacement piece next week.

45416072-3356-418D-AF02-07E52CEF748C (resized).jpeg45416072-3356-418D-AF02-07E52CEF748C (resized).jpeg
#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just had an airball near the scoop that took out a key piece of plastic which holds the fencing and pumpkin along the bottom and left side of the sanitarium. Sadly my game is unplayable until I can get a replacement piece. Emailed Spooky so I’m hoping they can ship out a replacement piece next week.
[quoted image]

I would desolder the pumpkin wires and tape em off, tuck the harness, and keep flippin till the parts show up. Loomis will be sure to let you know when it's lit

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Man that sucks. Hope they can overnight you a replacement.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

That sucks. Stuff like this is what is making people cancel their orders. Spooky should overnight a replacement. It's on them.

#1656 2 years ago

pffft…this IS pinball. Shit breaks. If you don’t wanna fix a pin, don’t buy a pin. If anyone cancels an order over an air ball that cracks a plastic then they’re a fool.

Quoted from tk375:

That sucks. Stuff like this is what is making people cancel their orders. Spooky should overnight a replacement. It's on them.

#1657 2 years ago

They are now closed for the week and owing 4 machines now I know very well ‘shit happens’ regardless of the manufacturer. In all reality - a fast moving steel ball is bound to break something sooner or later. The only one to blame is me for hitting a really shitty shot! One of those 1/1,000,000…Thought about desoldering the pumpkin and still playing but I may just let it idle for a few days and get it taken care of next week. UPS is only a day or two from Benton and I know they will take care of me.

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Getting bored waiting on number 168 to be built so I got this to hold me over for a few weeks.
[quoted image]

Ok, RZ still has the best artwork lol!!!

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

It’s the manufacturers fault that an air ball broke a plastic?

“It’s on them?”

Ok.

Cargument - so going along with you, it’s Fords problem when a stone flies up and smashes your windscreen? They should overnight you a free windscreen?

I’ve heard it all now.

rd

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ok ,I’m fine if we’re not getting “don’t fear the reaper” ….as long as Bug,Luke,and Charlie film a video driving around Benton ,blowing a J while talking about Mr Riddle then post it here .The balls in your court boys . Legend status awaits you !

Can we get a Weird Al version...“don’t fear the reefer”

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

pffft…this IS pinball. Shit breaks. If you don’t wanna fix a pin, don’t buy a pin. If anyone cancels an order over an air ball that cracks a plastic then they’re a fool.

Blah blah blah! Is that what you got from google? Bawhaha!

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve heard it all now.
rd

You lived a good life then.

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

You lived a good life then.

You clearly haven't, if this is a deal killer for you.

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You clearly haven't, if this is a deal killer for you.

Awwwww

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

I've had the same thing happen with #70. Except it just took out the pumpkin, not the plastic as well. Spooky was very responsive and got me what I need to fix it up in no time.

Side note: Anyone else having a crazy amount of airballs off the left flipper? I have adjusted the rubber up and down and still getting a few a game. AJ has a new flipper that is scheduled for delivery tomorrow to see if that fixes the issue. But when it hits the glass it sounds like a firecracker going off. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been dealing with this as well.

#1666 2 years ago

No, I’m an operator who has owned over 150+ pins. But…thanks for playing

Quoted from tk375:

Blah blah blah! Is that what you got from google? Bawhaha!

#1667 2 years ago

For perspective, I own a LZ premium and have had to deal with the quite a few EM spinner ‘issues’ (putting it nicely haha) so this incident pales in comparison to some of that frustration. Reached out to Stern, they took care of it. I still love my LZ and it ain’t going anywhere.

Or when JJP forgot to put the leg levelers in the box of my new GNR. Again, shit happens. Reached out to them and it was taken care of and I had new ones an hour later.

Definitely don’t think Spooky or any Mfg ‘owes me’ anything unless its a really serious issue that I had nothing to do with within the first few months or so. I’d gladly pay for a replacement piece if need be as It's just a $5 piece of plastic. I never understood all of this ‘owes me/us’ attitude on Pinside. Seems rampant.

#1668 2 years ago

I’m sure they’ll send you a new part at no cost.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

For perspective, I own a LZ premium and have had to deal with the quite a few EM spinner ‘issues’ (putting it nicely haha) so this incident pales in comparison to some of that frustration. Reached out to Stern, they took care of it. I still love my LZ and it ain’t going anywhere.
Or when JJP forgot to put the leg levelers in the box of my new GNR. Again, shit happens. Reached out to them and it was taken care of and I had new ones an hour later.
Definitely don’t think Spooky or any Mfg ‘owes me’ anything unless its a really serious issue that I had nothing to do with within the first few months or so. I’d gladly pay for a replacement piece if need be as It's just a $5 piece of plastic. I never understood all of this ‘owes me/us’ attitude on Pinside. Seems rampant.

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah stuff like this shouldn't get blown out of proportion - it's just pure bad luck and happens to every machine when you get that one "perfect airball". Unfortunately when Steel meets plastic, there's only ever one winner.

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m sure they’ll send you a new part at no cost.

I’m sure I’ll be taken care of - Maybe with a little luck a knife handle shooter rod will be in the same box

#1671 2 years ago

I wear these when I play my GnR .I’ve been very fortunate outside of that one .

5D3A43C3-F33A-4671-9536-2AFE264592C7 (resized).png5D3A43C3-F33A-4671-9536-2AFE264592C7 (resized).png
#1672 2 years ago

It sucks that JJP didn’t help you out. It isn’t right - when was the last time you reached out to them?
Quite fitting outfit for Halloween though!

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

I can ask Morgan to ship ya a new one tomorrow if you shoot her an email John! We are closed tomorrow but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I will let her know.

#1674 2 years ago

JJP is in a dark place. Once they started putting the problems in the customers laps, I jumped ship. Sold my $9500 GNR LE slot for cost…wasn’t looking to flip or make money (they were retail $11k by the time it shipped)…I was really looking forward to it, but couldn’t get behind a company abandoning their customers.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I can ask Morgan to ship ya a new one tomorrow if you shoot her an email John! We are closed tomorrow but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I will let her know.

Do you guys ever take a break…lol. Spooky customer service can’t be beat.

#1676 2 years ago

Oh and by the way they just showed up to Pincinnati not too long ago…

Quoted from dnapac:

Do you guys ever take a break…lol. Spooky customer service can’t be beat.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

That carpet gives me Las Vegas flashbacks …

rd

#1678 2 years ago

Come catch us at Pincinatti this weekend and hang out! It appears some already have lol

1.04 goes live tomorrow for both games!

Quoted from djsolzs:

#1679 2 years ago

Big shout out to spooky_dj for getting my machine up and running. He’s been dealing with me for a couple weeks but helped me figure out what was going on in my machine. He sent me everything I needed immediately. Big thanks to Spooky for getting me up and running. Your support has been awesome.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I agree that cancelling an order over this issue is unnecessary. I will say that this is the 3rd instance I have heard of this plastic "fence" breaking from an airball. Spooky might want to take another look at that part and beef it up. One operator I know had that plastic break within the first week on Ultraman.

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Can we get a Weird Al version...“don’t fear the reefer”

This might make you smile

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

World class service here! Thanks Luke - just shot her an email.

#1683 2 years ago

Happy new code Friday! Lets have it for some weekend ball bashing

9e4003afd828.gif9e4003afd828.gif
#1684 2 years ago

Looks like 1.04 is live on the website (Game Support) updated with no issues. Already noticed some fixes and new dialogue "Rip those spinners!"

#1685 2 years ago

Also heard a new bit of Lindseys dialog added

#1686 2 years ago

Halloween CE 132 arriving Monday with some Butter!

#1687 2 years ago

Lots of fixes and additions! Check the code version notes here!

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Halloween CE 132 arriving Monday with some Butter!

Nice iceman !

#1689 2 years ago

1.04 is live! It should be a big step forward for both games, with lots lots more to come! Hope everyone enjoys. And if you're coming to Pincinnati come say hi!

Snapchat-157922549 (resized).jpgSnapchat-157922549 (resized).jpg
#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Or causes such a stink about a missing coindoor lock on their ACNC that Spooky offer a return of the whole pin.

#1691 2 years ago

The air balls almost certainly have to do with the flipper rubber height. I'll have to double check where they are at on my Ultraman. The first week I just played it without adjusting and I was getting several airballs. I then made a few adjustments and I have very few to none. I'll try to take a picture of my flipper rubber height tonight.

#1692 2 years ago

Bug and I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my machine since day 1 of ownership: 2 balls are entering the trough on a regular basis now...
I am getting multiballs every single time after I drain my first ball. I centered the switch in the trough and did a trough switch test (it is registering properly) and and it is still happening. It used to only happen after I drain my first ball and yesterday it happened right when I start a new game as well. Quite frustrating - anyone have any other suggestions I should try? SpookyLuke

#1693 2 years ago

Maybe the balls are magnetized. try another set?

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Bug and I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my machine since day 1 of ownership: 2 balls are entering the trough on a regular basis now...
I am getting multiballs every single time after I drain my first ball. I centered the switch in the trough and did a trough switch test (it is registering properly) and and it is still happening. It used to only happen after I drain my first ball and yesterday it happened right when I start a new game as well. Quite frustrating - anyone have any other suggestions I should try? SpookyLuke

#1694 2 years ago

Oooh! Never thought of that. I’ll buy 7 new balls and give that a shot…thank you

#1695 2 years ago

In a pinch you can take them from your other games to try, right? Looks like you have other games.....

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oooh! Never thought of that. I’ll buy 7 new balls and give that a shot…thank you

#1696 2 years ago

Yeah I should of said ‘swap’ - hopefully that does the trick!

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I had this problem with mine at the very beginning and then my machine was in nonstop boot mode. They sent me a replacement power board that I installed last night and I haven’t been seeing these issues anymore. Idk if you’d have the same result. Just thought I’d chime in with what happened to me.

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Any chance there was an extra rogue ball left in there during testing? Ball overage always causes multiball. Remove one and see if the issue continues, or if the ball search fires up.

#1700 2 years ago

I’ll take a look again. Thank you - Could of sworn last time I lifted the playfield I took out 7.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/34?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.