IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1177 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-07-19 110624 (resized).png
IMG_5145 (resized).jpeg
E59XXIxXIAIP1U- (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Sad-Shape-2 (resized).jpg
20240712_120902 (resized).jpg
michael_myers_4th_of_july_by_darkcornerproduction_dbfgl5i-fullview (resized).jpg
Pint_RGB-old (resized).JPG
Pint_RGB-new (resized).JPG
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3854 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 346.
#17201 33 days ago

Hope their is still an update before October, but a yearly update would be amazing

Quoted from Lostcause:

Not turned it on for a while so thought I would check this out, I thought the sanitarium exit shot that drops into the right orbit is supposed to count as a right orbit shot. I thought it was introduced as some people struggle hitting the right orbit.
But thinking about it how can it? The machine doesn’t know if the ball is in the middle playfield unless you hit the switches up there, ahh that’s it. I think you need to hit the switches up there before you exit into the right orbit for it to count as a right orbit shot. I exited about 3 times with no joy but don’t think I hit the switches.
Damn just turned it off, will have to try again later.

From what I recall it was explained that there is a game logic to detect when a ball drops down the exit and hits the right orbit switch so that dropping a ball into the exit with glass off would not detect it. But have during game play made that exit shot and it didn't count for a shot in that mode, so it was confusing. From what I recall there was some kind of logic change to the mode that affected that shot but don't really understand why or how

#17202 33 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Hope their is still an update before October, but a yearly update would be amazing

From what I recall it was explained that there is a game logic to detect when a ball drops down the exit and hits the right orbit switch so that dropping a ball into the exit with glass off would not detect it. But have during game play made that exit shot and it didn't count for a shot in that mode, so it was confusing. From what I recall there was some kind of logic change to the mode that affected that shot but don't really understand why or how

I was having an issue with another mode where it drops out of that exit and was testing with the glass off and couldn’t get it to work, Matt told me you had to hit a target switch before it exits otherwise it didn’t know you were up there. Sure enough with glass off I hit a target and dropped it out the exit and it worked.

Edit: just checked out the new manual and saw this……..
IMG_4309 (resized).jpegIMG_4309 (resized).jpeg

#17203 33 days ago

just watched the spooky video and bug was saying expect the new Halloween code in Oct?!? What happened to the one that was in the pipeline?

#17204 33 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I was having an issue with another mode where it drops out of that exit and was testing with the glass off and couldn’t get it to work, Matt told me you had to hit a target switch before it exits otherwise it didn’t know you were up there. Sure enough with glass off I hit a target and dropped it out the exit and it worked.
Edit: just checked out the new manual and saw this……..
[quoted image]

So if you shoot straight up into the sanitarium PF and out the exit, it will not register unless it hit one of the targets up there since there is no switch to trigger in the little scoop ramp under the PF.

Quoted from duckdodgers:

just watched the spooky video and bug was saying expect the new Halloween code in Oct?!? What happened to the one that was in the pipeline?

Imagine we are still gonna see it, from what Bug said in the past it sounds like they want to do an update every oct if possible to like add to the game for the holiday each year. The update Matt and folks were working on was bug fixes and scoring tweaks, so imagine Bug has something else planned for Oct

#17205 33 days ago

So if you shoot straight up into the sanitarium PF and out the exit, it will not register unless it hit one of the targets up there since there is no switch to trigger in the little scoop ramp under the PF.

That’s right, that’s what I was saying. Only way it can know it’s been up there. I was looking for an opto on the exit before and thinking what the hells going on here lol

#17206 33 days ago
Quoted from duckdodgers:

I was thinking the same. Bummer if we have to wait till October if that’s true.

#17207 33 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I was thinking the same. Bummer if we have to wait till October if that’s true.

They were gonna be working on things and were working on things already so imagine we still will get an update before that. Bug has said the October Halloween anniversary update several times as a want of his.

#17208 33 days ago

I was hoping for an code update before October

#17209 33 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I was hoping for an code update before October

There was a beta out a while back but it had a major problem, I know lol.
They would have fixed the issue and are probably adding a bit to it like scoring balance and the bugs that are still there.

My gut feeling is they will see this game right, long time coming but at least it’s coming.

My guess is an update in a month or two and a Halloween season update which if they do every year for as long as they can is pretty bloody cool.

#17210 32 days ago

I need me updated scoring

#17211 31 days ago

I left the club today, sold my CE to a local Halloween fan. Moved Jaws into its place.

IMG_2086 (resized).jpegIMG_2086 (resized).jpegIMG_2538 (resized).jpegIMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
#17212 31 days ago

Quick update post: thanks for bearing with us, yep there'll be an update soon (hoping to be released in the next couple of weeks) with bug fixes and scoring update.

#17213 31 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Quick update post: thanks for bearing with us, yep there'll be an update soon (hoping to be released in the next couple of weeks) with bug fixes and scoring update.

awww yissss

#17215 31 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Thank you for the update. My wife is excited to hear this.

#17216 31 days ago

I wish we could turn off ball saves!

Also a setting to change the power of the flippers, as they need increasing.

Can these please be added to the next code update.

#17217 26 days ago

Hy there, i just recieved my replacemtn Pinotaur Board as a mosfet from the old one exploded. But i figured, that Spooky has changed the sockets for the RGB 0 an 1 connections. Has anyone experienced that too? can you name the specific part i can attach the cables to to fit it into the board? I´m keen to see if i can get that in germany as well. Any help is appreciated.

Pint_RGB-new (resized).JPGPint_RGB-new (resized).JPGPint_RGB-old (resized).JPGPint_RGB-old (resized).JPG
#17219 25 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I wish we could turn off ball saves!
Also a setting to change the power of the flippers, as they need increasing.
Can these please be added to the next code update.

Flipper power setting would be very welcome.

#17220 22 days ago

I'm having an issue that started today after cleaning the playfield and rotating a few of the rubbers. After turning the game on, the Start button does not immediately start the game (after waiting for the Calbrating Switches message to go away). There is a delay of several seconds before the game starts and a ball is sent to shooter lane. Also, pressing both flipper buttons does not skip the end of ball score summary and send a ball into the shooter lane. The other symptom I noticed (the most annoying one) is that in the middle of game play, balls will randomly keep getting sent from the trough into the shooter lane. I also notice that the words "FREE PLAY" now end with a period, like "FREE PLAY." Has this issue been discussed before? I couldn't find anything via the Search function. Thanks all!

#17221 21 days ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

Hy there, i just recieved my replacemtn Pinotaur Board as a mosfet from the old one exploded. But i figured, that Spooky has changed the sockets for the RGB 0 an 1 connections. Has anyone experienced that too? can you name the specific part i can attach the cables to to fit it into the board? I´m keen to see if i can get that in germany as well. Any help is appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Having had this same issue, I believe they changed the connector half way through the build. So some machines have the "original" JST connector and the later builds have a different header. I purchased a small kit from Amazon and just swapped it out....but there a lots of different JST connectors out there...

#17222 21 days ago

Hopefully we will get the new code update for the 4th of July.

#17223 21 days ago
Quoted from bleachout:

I'm having an issue that started today after cleaning the playfield and rotating a few of the rubbers. After turning the game on, the Start button does not immediately start the game (after waiting for the Calbrating Switches message to go away). There is a delay of several seconds before the game starts and a ball is sent to shooter lane. Also, pressing both flipper buttons does not skip the end of ball score summary and send a ball into the shooter lane. The other symptom I noticed (the most annoying one) is that in the middle of game play, balls will randomly keep getting sent from the trough into the shooter lane. I also notice that the words "FREE PLAY" now end with a period, like "FREE PLAY." Has this issue been discussed before? I couldn't find anything via the Search function. Thanks all!

I spoke with Adam at Spooky and after some troubleshooting steps, realized one of the Hedge Michael servos had recently failed which was causing weird sluggishness with switch response times. After disconnecting the failed servo all is well and back to normal!

#17224 20 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hopefully we will get the new code update for the 4th of July.

Our New Zealand friends like .. "4th of July what.....?"

#17225 20 days ago

Right, it's not like it's May 4th

#17226 20 days ago
michael_myers_4th_of_july_by_darkcornerproduction_dbfgl5i-fullview (resized).jpgmichael_myers_4th_of_july_by_darkcornerproduction_dbfgl5i-fullview (resized).jpg
#17227 20 days ago

Bet they know what 420 is though

#17228 20 days ago

Oh, we know.

‘Merica! F yeah!

rd

#17229 20 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Having had this same issue, I believe they changed the connector half way through the build. So some machines have the "original" JST connector and the later builds have a different header. I purchased a small kit from Amazon and just swapped it out....but there a lots of different JST connectors out there...

Yeah that's why I reached to spooky as well. Fortunately, they'll provide the right connectors to the board. I don´t know, if there is a difference in the european norm to the american of that parts, so i fell more comfortable with spooky providing the parts. We´ll see, how this goes.

#17230 19 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh, we know.
‘Merica! F yeah!
rd

They have seen our national documentary, Team America.

#17231 17 days ago

Been two weeks think we will see code update this coming week?

#17232 17 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Been two weeks think we will see code update this week?

I do not

#17233 14 days ago

Does anyone have the auto launcher on a ball save activate twice? I have adjusted the switch and tried it in test mode and it only does it during a live game. I am wondering if it is a bug issue and I’m running the latest code. I did report it to Matt and seen it happen on a live stream when Bug was playing Halloween. I’m hoping it’s a bug and will get corrected on the next code update or this is just isolated to my machine.

#17234 14 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Does anyone have the auto launcher on a ball save activate twice? I have adjusted the switch and tried it in test mode and it only does it during a live game. I am wondering if it is a bug issue and I’m running the latest code. I did report it to Matt and seen it happen on a live stream when Bug was playing Halloween. I’m hoping it’s a bug and will get corrected on the next code update or this is just isolated to my machine.

I'm not having that issue with mine.

#17235 14 days ago
Quoted from bleachout:

Was this resolved? we getting exactly the same issue you describing now

#17236 14 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Haven’t noticed but I will be playing this weekend and I will pay close attention.

#17237 14 days ago

Ball save when Judith target drops and it goes SDTM would be welcome.

#17238 14 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Frankly, I would like a Ball Save whenever there is an immediate SDTM drain off any of the drop targets, selectable in Settings; ON/OFF

RM

#17239 14 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have thought this exact same thing. Having to bump the machine when you know that ball is gonna drop from Judith is kind of annoying. Kind of defeats the purpose of that extra ball being saved for later when it just goes SDTM.

#17240 13 days ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Was this resolved? we getting exactly the same issue you describing now

Yeah, I posted a followup above. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/345#post-8248082

#17241 13 days ago
Quoted from bleachout:

I have thought this exact same thing. Having to bump the machine when you know that ball is gonna drop from Judith is kind of annoying. Kind of defeats the purpose of that extra ball being saved for later when it just goes SDTM.

+1 to this.

#17242 13 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

Haven’t noticed but I will be playing this weekend and I will pay close attention.

If you notice it please let me know and thank you.

#17243 13 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

If you notice it please let me know and thank you.

Ok I could not wait so I am playing now and payed close attention. My machine does not do it.

#17244 13 days ago

Going SDTM from Judith is pretty rare for me. Perhaps it's based on your slope setting. A ballsave though isn't a bad idea upon release

#17245 12 days ago
20240712_120902 (resized).jpg20240712_120902 (resized).jpg
#17246 11 days ago

Any shooter lane protector recommendations?

#17247 10 days ago

Vanity awards along with scoring update by chance?

Quoted from Rampmaster:

Any shooter lane protector recommendations?

I haven't found need for one on HWN. The clear Spooky uses is strong and the ball feed to the shooter lane isn't as light speed as sterns overly strong defaults that need toning down always.

#17248 10 days ago

Vanity awards along with scoring update by chance?

I haven't found need for one on HWN. The clear Spooky uses is strong and the ball feed to the shooter lane isn't as light speed as sterns overly strong defaults that need toning down always.

Cool. Yeah my 3 Sterns have them. I’ll keep my Spookys free and clear.

#17249 7 days ago

You were right going on 23 days now.

#17250 7 days ago

Trick or treat?

I’m sure we have a treat coming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Gig Harbor, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fredonia, NY
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 17,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 346.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.