Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-07-19 110624 (resized).png
IMG_5145 (resized).jpeg
E59XXIxXIAIP1U- (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Sad-Shape-2 (resized).jpg
20240712_120902 (resized).jpg
michael_myers_4th_of_july_by_darkcornerproduction_dbfgl5i-fullview (resized).jpg
Pint_RGB-old (resized).JPG
Pint_RGB-new (resized).JPG
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 346.
#17151 40 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

When you are in one of the modes and you have to hit the lit shots like left orbit, right orbit, ramps etc it happens.
I can hit the left orbit hear the slash noise but doesn't register, next time it will register hitting that left orbit switch before it goes to the right orbit switch. Does this once in a while, you only need to hit one of the switches not both Im pretty sure.
I will have to check it out properly as that’s what’s in my head after all this time lol
I know there is or was something where you need to hit both orbit switches but can’t remember what that is right now.
Maybe I’m not paying enough attention, I’m going to take the glass off and check it out. Have checked all the switches recently after putting the Pinotaur back in so know they are all ok.
Maybe we need a detailed rule sheet of what’s what, the game has changed a lot and would be helpful.

For modes you need to hit an orbit, the ball has to go all the way around and hit both orbit switches. The slice sound happens as soon as you hit one switch but the ball still needs to swoop around and hit the other switch. If the ball is going around and not hitting the other switch then it doesn't register.

I had this on the right orbit switch not registering shots a bunch, with glass off and slow motion on my phone camera was able to capture how the ball would sometimes hug the right rail and would clip the right switch but only slightly, not enough pressure to trigger the switch. I bent out the right switch slightly and increased the switch sensitivity and that fixed the orbit switch issue.

If you do a switch test with glass off you can tell if this is happening by tossing the ball fast up the left lane over and over. If the right lane sometimes doesn't trigger, then yea you need to adjust the right switch. I bet that's the issue, as the lane kind of opens up around the right switch, its wider as it's also where the ball shoots out from and the drop down from the upper pf. But this wider area gives the ball more room to move and potentially not fully hit that switch.

#17152 39 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

For modes you need to hit an orbit, the ball has to go all the way around and hit both orbit switches. The slice sound happens as soon as you hit one switch but the ball still needs to swoop around and hit the other switch. If the ball is going around and not hitting the other switch then it doesn't register.
I had this on the right orbit switch not registering shots a bunch, with glass off and slow motion on my phone camera was able to capture how the ball would sometimes hug the right rail and would clip the right switch but only slightly, not enough pressure to trigger the switch. I bent out the right switch slightly and increased the switch sensitivity and that fixed the orbit switch issue.
If you do a switch test with glass off you can tell if this is happening by tossing the ball fast up the left lane over and over. If the right lane sometimes doesn't trigger, then yea you need to adjust the right switch. I bet that's the issue, as the lane kind of opens up around the right switch, its wider as it's also where the ball shoots out from and the drop down from the upper pf. But this wider area gives the ball more room to move and potentially not fully hit that switch.

Thanks, I will check it out but I’m sure it only has to hit one switch to register normally when both orbits are lit otherwise why would I be thinking something is up?
Nearly 2 years of playing this and I know both orbits are registering due to the slash noise occurring, most of the time the left orbit switch is enough but occasionally not.

So what you are saying is if you need to hit the left orbit both switches need to register?

I will check this out as I’m sure most of the time the left switch is enough, I’m sure I can hear both switches make the slash noise but will check this out.

Also why you need to hit ‘both’ orbit switches when left or right is lit is a bit strange no?

#17153 39 days ago

Ok I’m an idiot! But surely if you hit the switch it’s done regardless, is there a time limit where it doesn’t make it to the next switch?
Keep it simple.

Thanks, I’m the better for it

#17154 39 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ok I’m an idiot! But surely if you hit the switch it’s done regardless, is there a time limit where it doesn’t make it to the next switch?
Keep it simple.
Thanks, I’m the better for it

Yea it's how the mode is designed, the orbit shots in Halloween need to do full orbit to count typically. Some games with orbits don't have this requirement obviously. The knife slash I think makes it confusing. I do think there is a time limit involved in the shot too cause I've had the ball go very slowly and make it fully around, or get stuck, where I had to give the game a little shake to loosen, and it didn't count my orbit.

#17155 39 days ago

Is there a beta code team? Does anyone know if there is possible code update coming soon?

#17156 39 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Is there a beta code team? Does anyone know if there is possible code update coming soon?

There is no code in beta right now, there was one a few months ago that was just a small bug update, but it got pushed back it seems as a new update is in the works with scoring changes and more. If you want to join pool of beta testers you can email spooky, possibly matt to get in on the group to get sent code once it's available to test.

#17157 39 days ago

Yea it's how the mode is designed, the orbit shots in Halloween need to do full orbit to count typically. Some games with orbits don't have this requirement obviously. The knife slash I think makes it confusing. I do think there is a time limit involved in the shot too cause I've had the ball go very slowly and make it fully around, or get stuck, where I had to give the game a little shake to loosen, and it didn't count my orbit.

Well we live and learn, I think due to the fact people are having issues with the right orbit switch then scrap it lol
One switch is enough, keep it simple.

Nothing to see here

#17158 39 days ago

I had the switch thing on fast orbits when I shot from left to right, the ball would hug the corner too much on the right switch and graze the switch but not register. Adjusted the right orbit switch sensitivity and now it registers almost 100% of the time.

Thanks for the suggestions on this. Next chance I get, I'll give the orbit switches a full test.

Once I replaced the 3 Michael servos a couple weeks ago, it's been nice to keep the glass on and just play.

#17159 39 days ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Thanks for the suggestions on this. Next chance I get, I'll give the orbit switches a full test.
Once I replaced the 3 Michael servos a couple weeks ago, it's been nice to keep the glass on and just play.

I had the trough eject with multiple balls getting Into the trough. Once I get the game leveled left to right/up and down, its been amazing.

#17160 39 days ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Adjust gently orbits, it took me a while to get it dialed in and it can be sensitive. I had it way too sensitive after my first fix, and any little thing would trigger the right orbit by accident. It really was just a little tweak to increase the wires reach and to make the switch a little more sensitive.

#17161 39 days ago

So do the Michael servos need to be replaced regardless? Wait til they fail or just replace them because they are gonna fail? I have #731 on the way in about a week.

#17162 39 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

So do the Michael servos need to be replaced regardless? Wait til they fail or just replace them because they are gonna fail? I have #731 on the way in about a week.

Just replace the Michael servos when needed. In my case, I bought the metal gear replacements early and waited until one of the original servos failed then replaced all 3 to be done with it. Your choice entirely.

#17163 39 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

I still got my Michael's working since I got the game NIB. I would change the settings once you get the game to reduce their use as on default the Michaels pop out constantly. There is the bump setting whenever you hit the stand up target under a hedge that Mike giggles. And then the Michael wave whenever you hit the left ramp. I turned both of these off as it triples or more the amount of work on those servos and it's not really needed. I turned all those off and like I said my Mikes been working fine. I did buy the replacements in case I ever needed them and they are super cheap to replace, so I got em as backup, but no need to replace em till something happens.

#17164 39 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

I have NIB #701 and currently never replaced a Michael servo.

#17165 39 days ago

Much appreciated feedback. I'll pickup new metal gear servos to have on hand when and if I need them.

#17166 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

A little Mylar should protect them a long time. I hope these I made are holding up for others. Mine are so far, with relatively light play.
[quoted image]

My H3 decals I got from you have held up GREAT!!!

#17167 37 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Like many forum topics on pinside, I've found (borrowed/stolen) many good ideas and applied them to my own collection. Like 30FathomDave I ordered a "Bob Ghost" from JCM FX on Etsy last month and installed my guy on the clear deflection panel over the drop down targets. Seemed like a key focal point without blocking any target view - and since he's a "ghost" why not let him float in that area. If not mistaken, the initial idea for the Bob Ghost came from Pinkitten so let me give them both credit as it's due.
I'm not a big mod enthusiast but admit there are times when a few gems do enhance the playing experience and aesthetic. Knowing when to stop can be a challenge. No matter how much groaning there is about HW I still really love this game and think over time, perception will rightfully change recognizing an awesome game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely not a fan of having an added toy smack in the middle of the playfield. Affects the entire look and focus of the game IMO. I do love the idea and look of it off to the side near the gravestone. Two thumbs up on that one!

#17168 36 days ago

Update? Teases? Please?

#17169 36 days ago

Yeah would be good to get a small nugget of info. Knowing that the scoring is getting an overhaul I kinda don't want to play it much now until we get the update.

Will this basically be the final update? Besides a few little bugs, maybe a little sound balancing and the scoring it's pretty much done and dusted yes?

#17170 36 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

First game today and it’s been a while and the ball gets stuck up behind the triangle plastic between the two ramps which means lift playfield for the ball to drop into the orbit, lower then the ball comes back. I know a few have this happen, so annoying.
Cut a piece of that firm packaging foam stuff and wedged it up there, right ramp has a bit less light but not an issue.
I doubt that will happen again!
This was just a simple way but good enough for me, long time coming.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats happened to me a few times now thanks for sharing great idea!!! Are you going to paint the foam green?

#17171 36 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Thats happened to me a few times now thanks for sharing great idea!!! Are you going to paint the foam green?

No problem, I can barely see it while playing but painting it green would help it blend in there.

#17172 36 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah would be good to get a small nugget of info. Knowing that the scoring is getting an overhaul I kinda don't want to play it much now until we get the update.
Will this basically be the final update? Besides a few little bugs, maybe a little sound balancing and the scoring it's pretty much done and dusted yes?

I think it would be the end, just gotta hope all the bugs are mostly squashed with it.

Bug said they would like to do an update each Halloween though for the game so that would be fun to see. If they do come up with something to add each year. Also depends how long their license on the IP lasts I would think.

#17173 36 days ago

So I played Halloween for 2 hours last night after not touching it for awhile. I think this game is so fun and can't wait for the last code update. The bugs are really minimal for what I remember so I don't think I put much time on the lastest version of the code because I recall it being much worse.

I think some of my frustration is over inflated at this point and am looking forward to the game getting the final polish. I'm going to head down there tonight and put a few more games on since I had such a great time last night with it.

#17174 35 days ago

#790 just got delivered. Know what I’m doing tonight.

#17175 35 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

#731 just got delivered. Know what I’m doing tonight.

Welcome to the club

#17176 35 days ago

Bug is streaming Halloween tonight?

#17177 35 days ago

That would be quite nice. I'll have that on while moving it into the game room.

#17178 35 days ago

Bug is streaming Halloween tonight?

New code update?

#17179 35 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

New code update?

Nah just was playing the game for fun

#17180 35 days ago

Nah just was playing the game for fun

I was hoping for a code update.

#17181 34 days ago

My air ball plastic got smashed to bits. Poorly designed imo. I'm getting one made out of thicker acrylic so hopefully that holds up better. Looks like a pain to install though!

#17182 34 days ago
Quoted from j69:

My air ball plastic got smashed to bits. Poorly designed imo. I'm getting one made out of thicker acrylic so hopefully that holds up better. Looks like a pain to install though!

The original plastic is indeed poorly designed.

If your new plastic is being made out of acrylic, be aware that acrylic is very brittle and does not absorb impacts well. That's why I make my replacement shields out of polycarbonate.

And, yeah, it can be a bear to change the shield out, especially if you have fat fingers!

#17183 34 days ago

Interesting how they’ve gone pretty quiet on the code updates. Not that I’m complaining, given the massive updates since release. But a little birdie told me there was an update..

#17184 34 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting how they’ve gone pretty quiet on the code updates. Not that I’m complaining, given the massive updates since release. But a little birdie told me there was an update..

Didn't they mention vanity awards also multiple times?

#17185 34 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kemps been overseas with family stuff as he said before. He’ll be back onto it in due course.

rd

#17186 34 days ago

I added a Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit for Stern Machines from Pinball Life. I was starting to notice some bumps there. Works perfect but I had to move it up a bit because it was causing an issue with the auto launcher, so I stuck a screw there.

IMG_4961 (resized).jpegIMG_4961 (resized).jpeg

#17187 34 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I added a Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit for Stern Machines from Pinball Life. I was starting to notice some bumps there. Works perfect but I had to move it up a bit because it was causing an issue with the auto launcher, so I stuck a screw there.
[quoted image]

#17188 34 days ago

Up and running #790

IMG_3848 (resized).jpegIMG_3848 (resized).jpeg
#17189 34 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

Up and running #790 [quoted image]

Love the space in the ceiling for the topper!

#17190 34 days ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Love the space in the ceiling for the topper!

Hahaha. Yeah only slot I have for a topper. Stupid basement Had TCM there but had to move it down and take the topper off. Now it’s under the machine. A bottomer.

#17191 34 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

Hahaha. Yeah only slot I have for a topper. Stupid basement Had TCM there but had to move it down and take the topper off. Now it’s under the machine. A bottomer.

A bottomer, that made me laugh

#17192 33 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Kemps been overseas with family stuff as he said before. He’ll be back onto it in due course.
rd

Aah, thanks - I missed that update

#17193 31 days ago

OK just played the 25th game total on my machine. Upper right flipper now looks like this and this spring came rolling down the playfield with a ball stuck in it. Flipper won’t reset. Any thoughts before I tear into this thing.

IMG_3851 (resized).jpegIMG_3851 (resized).jpegIMG_3852 (resized).jpegIMG_3852 (resized).jpeg
#17194 31 days ago

Got it. Flipper came apart. Roll pin fell out. Linkage came apart. This should be fun.

#17195 31 days ago
IMG_3853 (resized).jpegIMG_3853 (resized).jpeg
#17196 31 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

Got it. Flipper came apart. Roll pin fell out. Linkage came apart. This should be fun.

Of course on the upper playfield.

#17197 30 days ago

Side access was huge. Up and running.

IMG_3854 (resized).jpegIMG_3854 (resized).jpeg
#17198 28 days ago

I remember there being apparently a change to the Death in Driver's seat sanitarium exit shot, what was it? I remember there being something about it, notice it doesn't count as a shot sometimes now, so not sure how that thing works?

#17199 27 days ago

I remember there being apparently a change to the Death in Driver's seat sanitarium exit shot, what was it? I remember there being something about it, notice it doesn't count as a shot sometimes now, so not sure how that thing works?

Not turned it on for a while so thought I would check this out, I thought the sanitarium exit shot that drops into the right orbit is supposed to count as a right orbit shot. I thought it was introduced as some people struggle hitting the right orbit.

But thinking about it how can it? The machine doesn’t know if the ball is in the middle playfield unless you hit the switches up there, ahh that’s it. I think you need to hit the switches up there before you exit into the right orbit for it to count as a right orbit shot. I exited about 3 times with no joy but don’t think I hit the switches.

Damn just turned it off, will have to try again later.

#17200 27 days ago

Just saw the article on Knapp about the updates video Spooky posted on YouTube. That company is doing a lot of things right! I’m keeping my Halloween.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
5,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 346.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.