IMG_0210 (resized).jpeg
20220401_185032 (resized).jpg
20220401_185005 (resized).jpg
IMG_1986 (resized).jpeg
10543D31-9AF6-4F24-A05B-3009B6A03A32 (resized).jpeg
20230311_150318 (resized).jpg
20230311_150438 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 336.
#16251 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi all!
The sanitarium car says it plugs into the right back of the machine, but which spot should I use? Thanks in advance.

Hi there! I'm the maker / seller of those Halloween Sanitarium Cars and I sent you a PM detailing how to install the car.

You'll want to plug the car into one of the unused plugs on the power distribution board, specifically to one of the unused locations in the area enclosed in yellow in the attached pic.

- John

Power_Distribution_Board_02 (resized).jpgPower_Distribution_Board_02 (resized).jpg
#16252 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

That was nice and easy@ Rdoyle1978 I'm assuming the house also hooks up to the 5V?

I can’t remember for sure but yes I believe so

#16253 4 months ago

This “could” be a very long winded post but I’ll keep it short and sweet. Thank You so much Spooky team for your hard work and dedication to this Dream theme of mine. I am a proud owner that will never sell ole number 420. Y’all made the Halloween franchise proud and I’m proud of all you for overcoming obstacles and exceeding my expectations. Take a bow, well done!!

m4tt SpookyLuke SpookyBug

#16254 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's that smell dog?
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the local auto mechanic in my small town growing up. Donny Marsh. He was a character. They could have based a tv show around his garage. Secret gambling room in the back with slots, poker. He smoked 5 packs a day and often had an unlit cigarette in his hand with one going in his mouth. He painted cars without a mask. He always had this big toothy grin and mischievous look in his eye. All sorts of crazy people hung around there. One day a young woman dating one of the mechanics proudly showed everyone her new breast implants. It was a crazy place. My dad ran errands there after he retired just for fun and something to do. Once I got a speeding ticket dismissed after Donny checked my speedometer and decided it must have been “defective,” and gave me a receipt for repair. My dad died in 2019 and Donny just a few weeks ago. A couple of good old boys.

#16255 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

All sorts of crazy people hung around there. One day a young woman dating one of the mechanics proudly showed everyone her new breast implants.

I had to visualize that one-'Hey guys-what do you think of these taters?' Back in the day that was a big deal and expensive and nowadays it seems like the norm. I did see a a woman recently with some butt implants that made me take not a double take but a triple take(my wife actually pointed it out-it was funny).

-Love the hurry ups on Halloween-probably one of the best integrated hurry ups in all of pinball-I always feel the pressure!

Check out the fake boobs.gifCheck out the fake boobs.gif

#16256 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Take a look at your file name. I bet it's incorrect. When I downloaded the new code it added a 1 in the file name and I had to remove it.

Quoted from John_C:

Hi there! I'm the maker / seller of those Halloween Sanitarium Cars and I sent you a PM detailing how to install the car.
You'll want to plug the car into one of the unused plugs on the power distribution board, specifically to one of the unused locations in the area enclosed in yellow in the attached pic.
- John[quoted image]

John, can you make me one?

#16257 3 months ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

John, can you make me one?

I'm actually in the process of making up a new batch of cars now. I should have them available for purchase by the end of the month.

Car_1 (resized).jpgCar_1 (resized).jpg
#16258 3 months ago

This is most likely a setup question, but i seem to have had trough issues for quite some time, and it wont detect end of ball. I have to manually intervene everytime and its pretty much every game now.
In the pics attached, you can see one with space before the ball gets over the plunger and thats when it works. The other, you can see the ball is farther towards the cab and the end trough switch isnt registering. How do I keep that ball from moving forward like that.

Game and code are stellar otherwise!
20231105_080643 (resized).jpg20231105_080643 (resized).jpg20231105_081314 (resized).jpg20231105_081314 (resized).jpg

#16259 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is most likely a setup question, but i seem to have had trough issues for quite some time, and it wont detect end of ball. I have to manually intervene everytime and its pretty much every game now.
In the pics attached, you can see one with space before the ball gets over the plunger and thats when it works. The other, you can see the ball is farther towards the cab and the end trough switch isnt registering. How do I keep that ball from moving forward mike that.
Game and code are stellar otherwise![quoted image][quoted image]

Take the glass off and throw the game into Ball Trough Test

Cycle the balls through the test, making sure the balls are landing on the correct switch (and keeping that switch Active) and that the switches are registering correctly

There should be 7 balls, and 7 switches in the trough, one for each ball, plus one extra above the plunger (Ball Jam) AND the shooter lane switch.

RM

#16260 3 months ago

Ball 1 should not stop like in your first pic, it should be over the plunger and detected by that lower opto switch

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16261 3 months ago

Thanks Russ, Ill look into it further tonight.

#16262 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks Russ, Ill look into it further tonight.

Check that one/two of your balls haven’t become magnetised, that’ll stop them rolling down the ball trough.

Doesn’t take much to stop them rolling down there.

rd

#16263 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:This is most likely a setup question, but i seem to have had trough issues for quite some time, and it wont detect end of ball. I have to manually intervene everytime and its pretty much every game now.
In the pics attached, you can see one with space before the ball gets over the plunger and thats when it works. The other, you can see the ball is farther towards the cab and the end trough switch isnt registering. How do I keep that ball from moving forward like that.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same problem and have reached to Spooky just last week. The switches are all functioning properly and the weirdest thing is that its fine when the ball save is on. I thought I was the only one with this issue, whew!

#16264 3 months ago

I do have a bug that I'd like to report if it hasn't already. I complete the middle ramp, through the pretzel and over the balcony, all before the video clip finishes. This throws the flow and excitement off. It seems like the code is loosely coupled between the mechanical part of the game and is not in sync with the video/audio. I think this needs to be addressed across the entire game. It is one of the reasons why the flow of the game is off between modes.... Please get this addressed Spooky!

#16265 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

I do have a bug that I'd like to report if it hasn't already. I complete the middle ramp, through the pretzel and over the balcony, all before the video clip finishes. This throws the flow and excitement off. It seems like the code is loosely coupled between the mechanical part of the game and is not in sync with the video/audio. I think this needs to be addressed across the entire game. It is one of the reasons why the flow of the game is off between modes.... Please get this addressed Spooky!

Have you emailed this to Matt? He's the coder.

RM

#16266 3 months ago

Hi Halloween owners, I've created a ball accelerator mod to speed the ball from the middle playfield to the right elevator. I've made a separate thread for it if you're interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-ultraman-ball-accelerator-mod#post-7855835

#16267 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Kind of need more info, how are you doing this shot? What modes are running? Are you doing house, damaging micheal, hitting down the drop, then crossing the balcony shot or we talking some other mode where you cross balcony?

Are we talking stacked modes or a specific instance as this is not a normal behavior either.

#16268 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Im closing this case. I think I was compounding the problem by just keeping the balls in action so they could keep playing and not activating the 7th switch, so the game never got to "End of ball". Once I got the balls stacked where they should have been in the trough, it has played flawless. I did lower the trough eject to 15. That may have helped.

Thanks for everyones help.

#16269 3 months ago

What exactly *is* Connekt-O-Vision?

IMG_20231107_152533 (resized).jpgIMG_20231107_152533 (resized).jpg
#16270 3 months ago

Where is the coin cell on Halloween?

Thanks.

#16271 3 months ago

There are two types of mini-pc located in the back box.

Both have a shrink wrapped CR2032 battery connected via two wires to a white (JST I think) plug on the motherboard - a bit of a pain to change.

It is always best to change these batteries when the computer has power to maintain all your settings (easier said than done in this case, especially for the OUVISLITE style unfortunately), so best to have a replacement battery ready that you can plug straight in.

The circuit board style "UP Board" (runs off 5V) is easier to see the battery, as it's stuck to the outside.
up board (resized).pngup board (resized).png

For the KAMRUI or OUVISLITE style mini PC (runs off 12V), the battery is inside it and there's a few steps needed to get to it (see below).
ouvislite (resized).pngouvislite (resized).png

1. Peel off the rubber feet on the bottom to undo four small phillips head screws
  2. Then undo the screw above the HDMI ports that prevents the slider from moving, so you can the slide it over and lift the lid
  3. The "gold" layer inside (which was held by the four screws from underneath) can be lifted (from the side furthest from the slider first) and folded over
  4. Then there's four more black screws (one has a washer) to undo, to then be able to lift and fold over the motherboard.
  5. To change the battery on a desk or bench, while the computer is running, I'd recommend finding a 12V wall-wart style power supply with the right size jack, so you don't have to try doing it with the PC in the back box.
#16272 3 months ago

Man, changing that mini PC battery looks like a pain in the ass.

#16273 3 months ago

I wanted to check with Halloween owners to see if there was any interest in our super clear acrylic screen protector. It replaces the stock PETG one that comes in Spooky games. Originally we offered it with our IPS LCD upgrades but we've started selling it individually when customers asked. It's very optically clear, abrasion resistant, anti-reflective and removes almost any aberration (sort of polarizing/rainbow effect). It's 3mm thick and really makes the screen look really nice. The reason I'm asking is because we're sold out and to make an order viable takes a large quantity because the material isn't extremely common with any of our suppliers and it's recently increased in cost. We did a lot of searching for the best material and this extruded acrylic with it's special coatings is really top. If there is interest between all the modern Spooky game owners (anything with a metal backbox door) then we can place a larger order and keep these available.

You can see pictures on our site here:
https://pinballmods.co/acrylic-screen-protector-spooky-pinball

We will do is keep it at $46 for anyone who buys it with an IPS screen upgrade as the bundle, otherwise they are listed at $55. It will take 2-3 weeks to get them cut and shipped to us.

The difference between the stock screen and the IPS screen is astounding. We make it a direct replacement, plug and play. The IPS screen has amazing blacks, super crazy resolution and very low levels of white backlight bleed. We've sold a ton of these to R&M owners and the feedback is astounding.

https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball

You don't need to buy now, don't need any money or commitment, just need to know if there is interest so we can judge our order qty. You can PM me if you want to keep it out of the thread or email [email protected].

#16274 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Kind of need more info, how are you doing this shot? What modes are running? Are you doing house, damaging micheal, hitting down the drop, then crossing the balcony shot or we talking some other mode where you cross balcony?
Are we talking stacked modes or a specific instance as this is not a normal behavior either.

This is with no stacked modes. Just doing house mode and basically going across the balcony before she stabs Michael with the clothes hanger and that video finishes.

The fix for this would be to have the video finish and the music catch up before dropping the ball and starting MB.

#16275 3 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I wanted to check with Halloween owners to see if there was any interest in our super clear acrylic screen protector. It replaces the stock PETG one that comes in Spooky games. Originally we offered it with our IPS LCD upgrades but we've started selling it individually when customers asked. It's very optically clear, abrasion resistant, anti-reflective and removes almost any aberration (sort of polarizing/rainbow effect). It's 3mm thick and really makes the screen look really nice. The reason I'm asking is because we're sold out and to make an order viable takes a large quantity because the material isn't extremely common with any of our suppliers and it's recently increased in cost. We did a lot of searching for the best material and this extruded acrylic with it's special coatings is really top. If there is interest between all the modern Spooky game owners (anything with a metal backbox door) then we can place a larger order and keep these available.
You can see pictures on our site here:
https://pinballmods.co/acrylic-screen-protector-spooky-pinball
We will do is keep it at $46 for anyone who buys it with an IPS screen upgrade as the bundle, otherwise they are listed at $55. It will take 2-3 weeks to get them cut and shipped to us.
The difference between the stock screen and the IPS screen is astounding. We make it a direct replacement, plug and play. The IPS screen has amazing blacks, super crazy resolution and very low levels of white backlight bleed. We've sold a ton of these to R&M owners and the feedback is astounding.
https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball
You don't need to buy now, don't need any money or commitment, just need to know if there is interest so we can judge our order qty. You can PM me if you want to keep it out of the thread or email [email protected].

Has anybody with Halloween gotten the above IPS screen replacement? If so, was it worth it? PM me if you want.. Thanks!

#16276 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

This is with no stacked modes. Just doing house mode and basically going across the balcony before she stabs Michael with the clothes hanger and that video finishes.
The fix for this would be to have the video finish and the music catch up before dropping the ball and starting MB.

The video finishes and the music starts before the ball drops when you cross the balcony normally, that's the normal behavior, so is this a recurring issue on your machine? Cause never seen this behavior before.

#16277 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Has anybody with Halloween gotten the above IPS screen replacement? If so, was it worth it? PM me if you want.. Thanks!

I got it and like it. The darks are much better. The settings on the stock can make it pretty good. I’m happy with my decision to upgrade.

#16278 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just can’t justify $265 for the upgrade, but I also spent more on some mods so what do I know lol.

#16279 3 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

There are two types of mini-pc located in the back box.
Both have a shrink wrapped CR2032 battery connected via two wires to a white (JST I think) plug on the motherboard - a bit of a pain to change.
It is always best to change these batteries when the computer has power to maintain all your settings (easier said than done in this case, especially for the OUVISLITE style unfortunately), so best to have a replacement battery ready that you can plug straight in.
The circuit board style "UP Board" (runs off 5V) is easier to see the battery, as it's stuck to the outside.
[quoted image]
For the KAMRUI or OUVISLITE style mini PC (runs off 12V), the battery is inside it and there's a few steps needed to get to it (see below).
[quoted image]

Peel off the rubber feet on the bottom to undo four small phillips head screws
Then undo the screw above the HDMI ports that prevents the slider from moving, so you can the slide it over and lift the lid
The "gold" layer inside (which was held by the four screws from underneath) can be lifted (from the side furthest from the slider first) and folded over
Then there's four more black screws (one has a washer) to undo, to then be able to lift and fold over the motherboard.
To change the battery on a desk or bench, while the computer is running, I'd recommend finding a 12V wall-wart style power supply with the right size jack, so you don't have to try doing it with the PC in the back box.

Thanks for the write up. Wish they made it easier to swap out.

#16280 3 months ago

17 days ago, Halloween 1. Today I came back up north and found this…Halloween III.

IMG_0315 (resized).jpegIMG_0315 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
#16281 3 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I got it and like it. The darks are much better. The settings on the stock can make it pretty good. I’m happy with my decision to upgrade.

I know someone had posted suggested setting changes for stock display. Anyone have the info ???

#16282 3 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I know someone had posted suggested setting changes for stock display. Anyone have the info ???

This is what has been suggested by others for R&M, HWN and UM

Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma on

RN

#16283 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:Has anybody with Halloween gotten the above IPS screen replacement? If so, was it worth it? PM me if you want.. Thanks!

If bending your knees to make you shorter gives you a true black image on "The Blackest Eyes" match screen, then it is worth it. Try the adjustments mentioned first, and if that's not good enough at your full height, get the IPS.

#16284 3 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

65 contrast
brightness 35
Gamma on

#16285 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I just can’t justify $265 for the upgrade, but I also spent more on some mods so what do I know lol.

You don’t need to. I bought the parts on Amazon for around $100. 100% worth it. Screen looks WAY better. I did it with TNA as well.

#16286 3 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

You don’t need to. I bought the parts on Amazon for around $100. 100% worth it. Screen looks WAY better. I did it with TNA as well.

Do you have links for what you bought? Thank you!

#16287 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Do you have links for what you bought? Thank you!

Just did this on my Rick and Morty, $100 and looks much better. Links are in the post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/400#post-7841549

#16288 3 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Just did this on my Rick and Morty, $100 and looks much better. Links are in the post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/400#post-7841549

Much appreciated!! Thank you!

#16289 3 months ago

So, where do you make the changes? Ive looked through a bunch if settings, but not finding these options.

#16290 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So, where do you make the changes? Ive looked through a bunch if settings, but not finding these options.

On the back of the LCD panel.

#16291 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You have to manipulate the buttons on the back of the LCD panel itself in the head.

RM

#16292 3 months ago

Question to the forum . I had an early Halloween CE and had so many issues with it I had to get rid of it . It is my dream theme and I was wondering were later produced machines more reliable or are all of them poor quality for location . Should I just get one for home play only or skip it .

#16293 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Question to the forum . I had an early Halloween CE and had so many issues with it I had to get rid of it . It is my dream theme and I was wondering were later produced machines more reliable or are all of them poor quality for location . Should I just get one for home play only or skip it .

I had #1140 BSE. Only issue I had was I had to shorten the springs on the 3 bank drop target. I had 550 plays when I traded it. I think later run games were better. Lots of deals out there on this title.

#16294 3 months ago

Home environment for sure. Looks amazing in a home game room with lights off! If you have any issues Spooky customer support is top notch.

#16295 3 months ago

There was a few issues on early models that they did fix up on later versions, they changed a few things like replaced the one ramp, and some additions made to areas the ball was getting stuck or going in the wrong places it shouldn't. The only common reliability issue seen on most later machines still is that the servos of the little Micheals on the hedges over time can strip or go bad and need replacing. But it's basically like 10 bucks to replace all of them with metal servos if they do fail and shouldn't give you problems anymore. I'm still on my original plastic servos the game came with and no issues with them, but it's the most common issue, which is fairly minor.

#16296 3 months ago

920, no problems.

Still on my original servos too, and have the metal replacements ready to go!

#16297 3 months ago

I am #376 but I pushed my order back so it was near the end of the run. I have only had to raise the playfield a few times in over a year and that was just to adjust the springs on the drops. Two of my servos took a crap but I am too lazy to change them right now. It has been extremely reliable.

#16298 3 months ago

#312 here, so sorta early. I've had no problems at all, other then breaking my airball deflector over the drop targets. Well that, and the powdercoating needing to be replaced because of the fingerprint oils issue.

#16299 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am #376 but I pushed my order back so it was near the end of the run. I have only had to raise the playfield a few times in over a year and that was just to adjust the springs on the drops. Two of my servos took a crap but I am too lazy to change them right now. It has been extremely reliable.

What did you do to adjust the springs? New ones? I have times when the drop targets do not go down when hit and it is the only issue I have had with mine. Solid machine!

#16300 3 months ago

My home use HWN has been solid. I am still on my original servos too. I only lifted the playfield one time and that was to take a look at the drop target bank. For me, some black dust had just built up on the targets and they weren't sliding cleanly through the mech like they needed to. I also replaced the deflector shield with an upgraded one. Really, the game has been a tank, but I know not everyone has had the same luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 16,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 336.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/326?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.