IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 338.
#1501 2 years ago

Waiting to hear back from about 15 people about their impressions on Halloween at Pintastic. Will report back!

#1502 2 years ago

So the lighting strips are all held on with zip ties?

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Waiting to hear back from about 15 people about their impressions on Halloween at Pintastic. Will report back!

Remember also especially on a horror themed game there is a very large difference between playing at a show and playing in a dark basement by yourself where you can really take it in.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Yes. Easy and replaceable. Can't see them. I'm happy to hear the light strip replacement went smoothly!

#1505 2 years ago

Most definitely, however…mine is going on location so the show feedback will be helpful for me.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember also especially on a horror themed game there is a very large difference between playing at a show and playing in a dark basement by yourself where you can really take it in.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Even though the code was a major concern, my reasoning had to do with more than just code.

Can you explain further?

#1507 2 years ago

LED strip talk reminds me....one of the few things I was leery of before playing it was the LED strips. In pics/video they looked like they would be kind of obnoxious and in your face. I am pretty sensitive to that, and usually end up replacing any bulbs I can see with frosted as they annoy and hurt my eyes. Turns out, I had nothing to be worried about with these. The smoked "shield" over them works really well at toning them down just enough to not be annoying at all while still being super effective. While I will still admit something more diffused would be even better (and if someone comes up with a nice mod I may be interested), but these are awesome as-is. Much more than I was expecting them to be. I went in expecting to dislike them and maybe even disable them, but I was completely wrong. I believe there is a setting to dim them, but I haven't even felt the need to try that.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LED strip talk reminds me....one of the few things I was leery of before playing it was the LED strips. In pics/video they looked like they would be kind of obnoxious and in your face. I am pretty sensitive to that, and usually end up replacing any bulbs I can see with frosted as they annoy and hurt my eyes. Turns out, I had nothing to be worried about with these. The smoked "shield" over them works really well at toning them down just enough to not be annoying at all while still being super effective. While I will still admit something more diffused would be even better (and if someone comes up with a nice mod I may be interested), but these are awesome as-is. Much more than I was expecting them to be. I went in expecting to dislike them and maybe even disable them, but I was completely wrong. I believe there is a setting to dim them, but I haven't even felt the need to try that.

Glad you posted this - they are EXTREMELY prominent in several of the photos and videos, and I had similar concerns. I've taken note of at least 3 other owners/players who have reiterated the same thing: they photograph somewhat poorly, but in person it looks awesome.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

The LED strip is adhesive, but secured with zip ties. Once installed, you can’t see them.

#1510 2 years ago

Only four more ratings for Halloween to be approved for the pinside top 100 (which is being updated in two days btw) If you have your game or have played the game please leave a rating and review! Curious to see what the consensus is this far.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Only four more ratings for Halloween to be approved for the pinside top 100...

Oh that should clear things up

#1513 2 years ago

Mine came in today! I got the butter cab and dear god is it beautiful. I got to play a couple games. I noticed it came loaded with 1.03. Now if I start a game it reboots every time. when we were playing it would reboot pretty often when you got it in the sanitarium scoop. I’ll reach out to spooky about the constant reboots. It’s unfortunately unplayable as of right now.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Mine came in today! I got the butter cab and dear god is it beautiful. I got to play a couple games. I noticed it came loaded with 1.03. Now if I start a game it reboots every time. when we were playing it would reboot pretty often when you got it in the sanitarium scoop. I’ll reach out to spooky about the constant reboots. It’s unfortunately unplayable as of right now.

I’m sure Spooky will get you going. Sucks, but congrats on the game!

#1515 2 years ago

Can you load previous code versions? Or is it like most things, only can go to a higher number?

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Can you load previous code versions? Or is it like most things, only can go to a higher number?

I'm honestly not sure if you can go back to a previous version. I noticed the power cable for the mobo looks like it was supposed to be screwed down. There were two holes right next to it but it wasn't. I thought it might be coming loose here and there so I screwed that down in the already existing holes. I got to launch a ball that time but it shuts down again. All the fuses I looked over looked fine as well. Head scratcher for right now. I sent an email out to the service so I'm sure I will hear something soon

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

That is not good to say the least. Must be a cable that came loose in shipping or a wire getting pinched and is shorting out. I will reach out to our service guy and ask him to take a look asap.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That is not good to say the least. Must be a cable that came loose in shipping or a wire getting pinched and is shorting out. I will reach out to our service guy and ask him to take a look asap.

I know that doesn't help with the initial disappointment. Sucks to be excited for something then have issues. We will make it right with ya.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I know that doesn't help with the initial disappointment. Sucks to be excited for something then have issues. We will make it right with ya.

It’s 10:00pm…there is no service like Spooky service…hands down. Now, go to bed @spookyluke.

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

no worries at all man. I know y’all will get me up and running.

#1521 2 years ago

Got to play at Pintastic. Very excited to get #198. It is tough to get the full experience while all the noise is going on around you. Shoots really well. From what I can tell for the 2 games I got on it, I won’t be disappointed. The biggest wait to play was Halloween since there was only 1. CCr a close second. About 20 Godzillas so easy to get games on that one. I think anyone would be happy any of the 3.

#1522 2 years ago

This is gonna look badass once the knife handle shooter arrives from spooky!

A64EC0E2-591D-46F8-9998-ED4C049556C6 (resized).pngA64EC0E2-591D-46F8-9998-ED4C049556C6 (resized).png
#1523 2 years ago

Update: Jediturtle chimed in so I think I’m all set - thanks man! Will advise how it worked out once it arrives.
Quick question. For my sterns and JJP, I use Klipsch subs by soldering speaker cable from the cab speaker and then using RCA at the sub since it has no speaker cable inputs and they all work great. Tried the same method with Halloween and it didn’t work and made some weird clicking sound. Today I am getting a Polk 10” sub with regular speaker cable inputs in the back. It has been mentioned that the amp in Halloween has more output than your typical pin. Will this method work ok and could some kind soul tell me where to hook up the + & - on the back of the Polk? I’m assuming I should just use any corresponding red & black input just like you would for any audio speaker.

7BE5CAEA-CDC8-4C37-99E8-34D247743E93 (resized).png7BE5CAEA-CDC8-4C37-99E8-34D247743E93 (resized).png

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Quick question. For my sterns and JJP, I use Klipsch subs by soldering speaker cable from the cab speaker and then using RCA at the sub since it has no speaker cable inputs and they all work great. Tried the same method with Halloween and it didn’t work and made some weird clicking sound. Today I am getting a Polk 10” sub with regular speaker cable inputs in the back. It has been mentioned that the amp in Halloween has more output than your typical pin. Will this method work ok and could some kind soul tell me where to hook up the + & - on the back of the Polk? I’m assuming I should just use any corresponding red & black input just like you would for any audio speaker.
[quoted image]

Why do people buy multiple subs when for $70 you can connect 5 pinball machines to one safely and easily?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/search?page=2&q=subwoofer+kit

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:Why do people buy multiple subs when for $70 you can connect 5 pinball machines to one safely and easily?

Thanks my man.I was just wondering about this .Sold!

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

This is gonna look badass once the knife handle shooter arrives from spooky!
[quoted image]

Nice !

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why do people buy multiple subs when for $70 you can connect 5 pinball machines to one safely and easily?

Maybe more than one game is being played at once or the pins are all not side by side or close enough together? I've bought most of my subs for less than $70 off of Craigslist or FB marketplace anyway but the pinnovators product does make sense for some situations.

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I understand where you are coming from Keith and that makes sense as well. To each their own - I have buddies over a lot and all pins are being played at the same time most days - would sound muddy if all were going through just 1 sub (IMO). I want each pin to have its own plus I got great deals on my 3 Klipsch 12” at $75 each brand new in the box.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I understand where you are coming from Keith and that makes sense as well. To each their own - I have buddies over a lot and all pins are being played at the same time most days - would sound muddy if all were going through just 1 sub (IMO). I want each pin to have its own plus I got great deals on my 3 Klipsch 12” at $75 each brand new in the box.

Fair enough.

#1530 2 years ago

Has anyone dealt with CoinTaker? I have a Collector’s Edition coming from them. Number 229.

#1531 2 years ago

I work just about every day unless vacationing ,so that is perfect for us as it’s mostly just me and my kids playing one at a time or me solo .Have had some neighbors over but not enough to warrant separate units .It’s great there’s so many companies making great products for this hobby .Good Times for this hobby !

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Paukieboy:

Has anyone dealt with CoinTaker? I have a Collector’s Edition coming from them. Number 229.

Last time I checked Cointaker doesn't sell Spooky games. Are you in the right thread?

#1533 2 years ago

#121 reporting in! Looks beautiful and plays great. Only issue was a missing peg for the topper but heard it’s already on its way to me, how’s that for service!

Code has some bugs, most notably the health bars for Michael and Laurie persist on screen for what seems like forever , modes selection started before I hit the scoop (not often though), and the sanitarium MB seems to start whether or not I hit the far exit (I.e starts regardless of how the ball exits sanitarium). As a software engineer, they feel to me easy to tackle, but the easy ones are sometimes the hardest too.

Overall, it’s a hit with the family and super excited to see the game mature!

EBAF9FA4-A1C4-4F3F-8A74-60549EEAE760 (resized).jpegEBAF9FA4-A1C4-4F3F-8A74-60549EEAE760 (resized).jpeg
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Last time I checked Cointaker doesn't sell Spooky games. Are you in the right thread?

I have a $1k deposit with Melissa for a Halloween Collector’s edition. Hopefully it’s legit, I’m anxious to get it! She said I’m probably a couple of months out.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from Paukieboy:

I have a $1k deposit with Melissa for a Halloween Collector’s edition. Hopefully it’s legit, I’m anxious to get it! She said I’m probably a couple of months out.

1k?!?!?!

If true, cointaker is fronting half of the deposit for you.

#1536 2 years ago

This sounds suspect on a number of levels. Cointaker is not a Spooky distrib and the deposit for a CE was $2k

Quoted from Paukieboy:

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Paukieboy:

Not Halloween. Wrong game. Prob alien

#1538 2 years ago

The HW at Pintastic looked great (except for the topper that was falling apart). I didn't wait in the line to play since I have one on order, but from what I watched it looked fun. Based on trajectory from Acnc and RM, I am very excited to see what's in store for HW.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This sounds suspect on a number of levels. Cointaker is not a Spooky distrib and the deposit for a CE was $2k

Maybe they’re buying up the ones dumped for a loss .

#1540 2 years ago

I was thinking of doing it with a couple late numbers .

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I was thinking of doing it with a couple late numbers .

Ya, it's really baffling to see people selling for a significant loss of 500 or so. I could see selling at cost if want to get something else instead, but even for people that don't think they will keep the game long term they might as well just take delivery, give it some playtime then sell it.

#1542 2 years ago

I doubt it, how would they profit from that? There have been no spots sold for $1k loss. Even if there were there wouldn’t even be $1 to be made for Cointaker

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Maybe they’re buying up the ones dumped for a loss .

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I doubt it, how would they profit from that? There have been no spots sold for $1k loss. Even if there were there wouldn’t even be $1 to be made for Cointaker

If they purchased a spot for 1500 and asked for 1000 down (I think that’s they’re norm) then get Spooky’s balance plus 1k then they’re up 500.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There have been no spots sold for $1k loss.

spooky_loss (resized).jpgspooky_loss (resized).jpg
#1545 2 years ago

So, you’re proving me correct then. That says $1060. That’s a $940 loss and one single game haha

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So, you’re proving me correct then. That says $1060. That’s a $940 loss and one single game haha

The actual cost of the spot was $1,000. The extra $60 was payment for a swift kick in the junk. .

#1548 2 years ago

Unboxing #79 now and looking to be some nasty damage. Hoping it looks worse than it is...

Box had a tip in tell that looked all good

16374443005813098349420910983907 (resized).jpg16374443005813098349420910983907 (resized).jpg16374443257784679043166965069900 (resized).jpg16374443257784679043166965069900 (resized).jpg16374443388231993485321663768049 (resized).jpg16374443388231993485321663768049 (resized).jpg
#1549 2 years ago

Oh man, damn. So sorry to see this.

#1550 2 years ago

Is there insurance through the carrier? Do you have to unbox it in front of the guy to be made whole? Or are you just screwed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/31?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.