IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 339.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

SpookyLuke glad you guys will be at Pincinnati! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

That's awesome!! now if we can get SpookyLuke and SpookyCharlie to come to PinBrew (the best damn pinball-centric brewfest ever), I'll pay their beer tab for the weekend Skypilot

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That's awesome!! now if we can get SpookyLuke and SpookyCharlie to come to PinBrew (the best damn pinball-centric brewfest ever), I'll pay their beer tab for the weekend Skypilot

We are always open to new shows and we try to get to as many as we can possibly handle! Gets tough as we work almost every weekend as well but don't be afraid to send an email and let us know what is going on where!

#1453 2 years ago

I have external subs on all my pins. I go by the "solder to the cab speaker, run to the speaker level in" method. Being this one has significantly more power running to the cab speaker, are people still using this method, or is there a better place to tap into on Spooky machines? Not really looking to use a Pinnovators solution or debate the quality of that product vs the old solder direct method, but do want to make sure I'm not looking for trouble by running an already amplified signal to my external. I'm assuming being speaker level inputs it will be fine, but wondering if anyone else has done it on a Spooky machine. Thanks!

#1454 2 years ago

I tried my usual solder to the cab speaker method like my other 3 pins to a 12” Klipsch with an RCA input and it didn’t work. Got some weird clicking noise. Perhaps I didn’t wire the RCA correctly to the speaker wire this time - odd - may try again.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I tried my usual solder to the cab speaker method like my other 3 pins to a 12” Klipsch with an RCA input and it didn’t work. Got some weird clicking noise. Perhaps I didn’t wire the RCA correctly to the speaker wire this time - odd - may try again.

You are running your other 3 to an RCA on the sub? That would be line level. I'm surprised that works at all. Most people that run direct to the cab speaker use speaker level inputs. Of course, that means your sub needs to have speaker level inputs which many do not. I've tried line level converters to use a cheap sub with only line level with no luck. I'm sure a Pinnovator would work in that case, but I'm really surprised you could run direct. Interesting.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You are running your other 3 to an RCA on the sub? That would be line level. I'm surprised that works at all. Most people that run direct to the cab speaker use speaker level inputs. Of course, that means your sub needs to have speaker level inputs which many do not. I've tried line level converters to use a cheap sub with only line level with no luck. I'm sure a Pinnovator would work in that case, but I'm really surprised you could run direct. Interesting.

Yeah - all 3 have their own sub now and I use this method without any issues. Tried hooking 2 pins to one sub but it didnt work...I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff, but that's how my Distributor told me to do it. My Klipsch's only have RCA inputs, so I just Strip the RCA cable and attach to the Speaker + and - with electrical tape and cover with 2 electrical caps. Looks rugged but it works just fine. I wish they sold a 10 ft speaker to one RCA cable - that would be ideal.

#1457 2 years ago

So is the updated code fixed yet? Also - if the new code video is available, I must have missed it.

#1458 2 years ago

I used the aux out port on the amp to connect my sub. Works perfectly.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I used the aux out port on the amp to connect my sub. Works perfectly.

didn't even know it had an RCA aux out on Halloween - so you can use a standard Subwoofer RCA cable - sweet. Thank you

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just received and paid my invoice for #138.

Invoices received for both of us here! [Nitro purchases]
137 Aurium CE
142 dnaman CE

#1462 2 years ago

154 Options/butternobutter email came today!

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

154 Options/butternobutter email came today!

Holy mackerel! Congrats! 182 is closer than not at this point. Fantastic!

#1464 2 years ago

SpookyLuke any guess as to when the Knife shooter rod will start shipping with the games going out? I'm not worried about not getting it or anything, I was just curious as to when expectations were, in house, for them. Same with the playfield insert, if anything is happening with that (Not as concerned either way on that one).

Thanks!

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

SpookyLuke any guess as to when the Knife shooter rod will start shipping with the games going out? I'm not worried about not getting it or anything, I was just curious as to when expectations were, in house, for them. Same with the playfield insert, if anything is happening with that (Not as concerned either way on that one).
Thanks!

I had one in my hand today! Testing to make sure they don't wear out! I also did make the insert change but am unsure how many were cut exactly before I did so. I know it has to be getting very close!

#1466 2 years ago

My invoice showed up today as well #143. May see it before new year.

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I had one in my hand today! Testing to make sure they don't wear out! I also did make the insert change but am unsure how many were cut exactly before I did so. I know it has to be getting very close!

Right on! I can't wait for #312, I'm hoping for a nice April birthday present.

#1468 2 years ago

Got my new ramp on. Big improvement. Didn't help my game though. I still suck. Lol

#1469 2 years ago

Just received my options email. Christmas delivery is looking very good right now. So happy.

#1470 2 years ago

It's so great to see the order numbers increasing and more and more people getting their machines.

Keep cranking them out guys - I'm desperate to get mine!

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Invoices received for both of us here! [Nitro purchases]
137 Aurium CE
142 dnaman CE

Pretty damn excited!!!!

#1472 2 years ago

#72 shipped tonight. It's expected to be here Friday! Sooooo excited

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Pretty damn excited!!!!

Quoted from fsumassey:

#72 shipped tonight. It's expected to be here Friday! Sooooo excited

Congrats, and welcome to the faimly!!! Can't wait to hear what you guys think!

#1474 2 years ago

#121 being delivered Friday!

#1475 2 years ago

Lots of posts about shipping, i have #132. Is the game any good? . Not seeing a lot of commentary.

Is it progressing, those that have had it from early on?

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lots of posts about shipping, i have #132. Is the game any good? . Not seeing a lot of commentary.

It’s awesome. Code is early, but progressing nicely and Spooky is definitely listening and giving people what they want. Rarely have I heard anyone who’s played it say they didn’t like it. I don’t think I’ve seen a delivered game put up for sale…unless it was a price grab or NIB (which is a flipper IMO). Sounds like you’ll have your game soon!

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We need a streamer to get one. Then you will get to see it more.

#1478 2 years ago

I have loved playing mine. It is a real, "just one more game," situation whenever I do. Shots are fun. Call outs are great (especially about Lonnie....haha). I think the animations have come a long way and look cool. Movie clips are good. Can't wait for more of the code to be implemented.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We did, IE Pinball but he sold it after a week apparently! But I doubt many pins last long with him due to his high skill level.

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We did, IE Pinball but he sold it after a week apparently! But I doubt many pins last long with him due to his high skill level.

#1481 2 years ago

I've never really streamed but I have a rig where I can. I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I'll try to set something up and I'll let this thread know.

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

But I doubt many pins last long with him due to his high skill level.

I usually hold onto games for 12-18 months on average with many lasting longer than that. This was an exception.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I've never really streamed but I have a rig where I can. I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I'll try to set something up and I'll let this thread know.

JUST DO IT! SWOOSH!

#1484 2 years ago

Can I ask what was your reason for moving the game was prior to allowing the code to mature?

Quoted from iepinball:

I usually hold onto games for 12-18 months on average with many lasting longer than that. This was an exception.

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's my first Spooky game and I got CE #3 fairly early. Code is progressing slowly and is currently kinda buggy but I still really like the game. I do feel that ace pinball players will rip through the game quickly, but fortunately I suck at pinball so this will last me for a while. Very unique type of game hence I feel it fits nicely into a collection of pins, there isn't much else out there to compare it to. Theme integration I feel is excellent, and for once I find a game that doesn't make me hate it's mini playfields. As far as fixes and tweaking it's about on par with my Elvira HOH, little things here and there but Spooky support is really fast to respond so making the fixes have been simple and should be resolved by the time you get yours anyways. I'm a big fan of the game, I just don't normally post my thoughts about pins because I'm pure amateur when it comes to playing so I figure I'll miss too much hence I typically leave the comments to the better players. My main gripes are that I wish code was further along, especially since I have Godzilla sitting right next to it which seems much further along even at 0.8 code, and the topper which is really fragile and I find the noise it's motor makes is kinda horrible. I didn't plan on modding this machine but I may swap out the topper if someone makes an aftermarket one.

#1486 2 years ago

Theme integration is great, and the team behind the game is passionate about improvements. They also listen to the community. I won’t be selling mine.

However, if IE Pinball was running 1.02, I understand. There are modes (Sanitarium, House Attack) that will not let you progress. If you make 3 center ramp shots, you’re stuck unless you drain. If you start Sanitarium, you’re stuck unless you drain.

I know future updates will squash these bugs, but they’re unfortunate and put a damper on an otherwise great experience.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Theme integration is great, and the team behind the game is passionate about improvements. They also listen to the community. I won’t be selling mine.
However, if IE Pinball was running 1.02, I understand. There are modes (Sanitarium, House Attack) that will not let you progress. If you make 3 center ramp shots, you’re stuck unless you drain. If you start Sanitarium, you’re stuck unless you drain.
I know future updates will squash these bugs, but they’re unfortunate and put a damper on an otherwise great experience.

I understand what you mean about the House Attack mode, but with Sanitarium, I thought if you get the multiball going, it ends that mode. Am I remembering incorrectly?

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can I ask what was your reason for moving the game was prior to allowing the code to mature?

Even though the code was a major concern, my reasoning had to do with more than just code.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don't understand this. The current code is broken with Sanitarium and House Attack? I recall playing those on location with no issues so maybe the new code broke it? Weird.

#1490 2 years ago

To end Sanitarium, you have to go through the scoop… but the drop target won’t stay down.

Quoted from delt31:

I don't understand this. The current code is broken with Sanitarium and House Attack? I recall playing those on location with no issues so maybe the new code broke it? Weird.

1.01 was great. No huge issues. 1.02 introduced some serious bugs.

I don’t want to bash code, though. I really like the game and it will get better. As an early adopter, I expected this. All part of the journey.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Even though the code was a major concern, my reasoning had to do with more than just code.

I'd be interested in hearing the reasons. Unless it's personal.

#1492 2 years ago

Not every machine will appeal to every person. This is no exception. I'm absolutely loving mine so far, and love the direction the code is heading in. Even at the current level of depth, there is still plenty to do. Six "traditional" modes (pumpkin..all very unique) plus three major goals leading to unique multiballs is not what I would call shallow in the slightest. The way those two paths will interconnect in scoring opportunity is great. Knowing they are adding a half-way point mini-wizard mode for pumpkins, and two wizard modes (one requiring everything be completed, not just started), tells me the depth level will be just fine. Maybe not an ultra-deep Elwin or Lyman adventure, but every bit the depth of most modern games.

I have rarely played a machine that sucked me into the theme and atmosphere as much as this one does. It's just a huge treat for fans of the film. The layout is unique and a lot of fun to shoot. The upper playfields are way better than most, and nothing else feels like them at all. I pulled off a triple butt pretzel earlier which felt absolutely amazing. That little ramp to the sanitarium is stellar. It's up there in a blink. The fact that I can backhand a ramp I can't even see if super satisfying. The sound package is awesome. The deep, intense sound when starting Sanitarium in particular is freaking insane. And of course the art package is second to none.

I'm pretty much in love with mine. Is it perfect? Nope...none are. It needs tweaks here and there. The code is still a work in progress heading in the right direction. I have faith it will get continue shaping up to be an amazing overall package. #inbugwetrust

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

To end Sanitarium, you have to go through the scoop… but the drop target won’t stay down.

1.01 was great. No huge issues. 1.02 introduced some serious bugs.
I don’t want to bash code, though. I really like the game and it will get better. As an early adopter, I expected this. All part of the journey.

yeah I get it and I agree with people needing to chill a little but these seem to be big bugs if it's restricting you from actually completing legacy modes. Essentially game breaking.

Curious to get Spooky's thoughts on this. I would think a hotfix would be released to at least address these no?

#1494 2 years ago

Tsskinne do you possibly have time to stream the new code this Sunday during the Godzilla launch?

#1495 2 years ago

To each their own, is what i say....Hell, I love my Led Zeppelin Premium and many on here thinks it's a shitty game. My Halloween isn't going anywhere either. There's a Pin out there for everyone's style.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Ahh ok, I’ve only watched a video other than this of you playing Iron Man where you finished it really fast and said it was for sale the same day or something

#1497 2 years ago

Thx for the feedback guys. Sounds great

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ahh ok, I’ve only watched a video other than this of you playing Iron Man where you finished it really fast and said it was for sale the same day or something

Assuming you can make the perfect sets of shots, Iron Man is SUPER fast to complete almost all of the major objectives. The gatekeepers are Drones (eight freakin' sets of them, was it??) and completing Jericho (4 shots to everything on the playfield? Oh joy.).

#1499 2 years ago

Most previous Spooky titles have been ball busting. That's not the case with Halloween / Ultraman. I'm a pretty average player and on a good game I can start all of the modes, but not finish them.

#1500 2 years ago

The lower LED strip went out. Spooky sent a replacement, easy install. Took me maybe 20 minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. The most time consuming part was the new zip ties.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/30?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.