Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 340.
#51 2 years ago

It’s all good, my dad used to wrap cigarette packet foil around fuses in our plugs when they blew for 230v 13 amp appliances

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks, Luke! The 4A was still blowing so we went with a 5A slow burn it was solid all through league play this evening (with lots and lots of multiballs).
This game is a lot of fun, and it's been a big hit so far. What would it take to get y'all to come out for the launch party

We have been glued to the shop 7 days a week for a couple months but we could try! Ben heck did actually suggest we use a 5amp there so that will be just fine.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I get that, but in the end, you are revealing one Michael in multiple spots. Drop the "A" and it sounds right, and still gets the point across.

It's nit picky but I agree it just sounds strange with the "A"

#54 2 years ago

agree

#55 2 years ago

Not sure I’ve shown the movie clip at the beginning of Sanatarium multiball. I was playing alone, so I had to do a little one handed gameplay.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

...so I had to do a little one handed gameplay.

You kinky Bastard I like the cut of your jib

#57 2 years ago

Hope as the code progresses the movie clips get longer than 4 seconds.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hope as the code progresses the movie clips get longer than 4 seconds.

I’m sure they will. This is very early code.

#59 2 years ago

These short move clips are disappointing. Starting to think Spooky has limited video assets here.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Anyone know around what number they are on? I'm 953 lol

908 here.

#61 2 years ago

920 checking in!

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

920 checking in!

364 here. It’s my first machine. Can’t wait. Hopefully this year.

#63 2 years ago

#88, counting the minutes

FB_IMG_1630726187533 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630726187533 (resized).jpg
#64 2 years ago

#78 Here - maybe have it by Halloween- anyway, It’s ready when it’s ready.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m sure they will. This is very early code.

I’m in. 514 I believe. I’ve yet to see any gameplay that really captivates, including the Dead Flip stream. I’m thinking that the vibe on this game is so different as to not register as much to the person not actually playing the machine.

From what you’ve experienced - and said - what makes the immersion on this next level?

#66 2 years ago

Unfortunately, you're not going to get much of a game here because Halloween isn't much of a movie. It's a masterpiece of movie-making for sure, but there isn't a lot in the movie that translates well to a fast-paced pinball experience.

An what Spooky does offer will soon get repetitive and boring after a few weeks of play.

I will be very surprised if this game remains in anyone's collection beyond 2 months. Which is good news for those that didn't get one....they can grab a bargain when the market place is flooded with them.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Unfortunately, you're not going to get much of a game here because Halloween isn't much of a movie. It's a masterpiece of movie-making for sure, but there isn't a lot in the movie that translates well to a fast-paced pinball experience.
An what Spooky does offer will soon get repetitive and boring after a few weeks of play.
I will be very surprised if this game remains in anyone's collection beyond 2 months. Which is good news for those that didn't get one....they can grab a bargain when the market place is flooded with them.

What a downer, now I'm bummed

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You seem to be in the Halloween threads an awful lot for someone who isn’t interested in the game. We get it, you don’t like it. FFS

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Does it really matter though? Some of the most beloved machines of all time are based on themes that you wouldn't think would translate well to pinball or themes based on total bomb movies or very dated cultural artifacts.

The Addams Family is considered one of the top pins of all time. That theme doesn't seem all that suited to pinball imo.

Ultimately the theme has very little to do about gameplay. It's the shot design and the code.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You seem to be in the Halloween threads an awful lot for someone who isn’t interested in the game. We get it, you don’t like it. FFS

Exactly! You're obviously not buying the machine so what the hell are you even doing in this owners thread? There's already enough negativity on Pinside. Seriously, take your shit elsewhere.

#71 2 years ago

Just use the michael feature.

#72 2 years ago

Copied off Facebook, but look. #7 has Halloween lights all lit up, no more allowee!! Good catch Spooky

Screenshot_20210916-174857_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210916-174857_Facebook (resized).jpg
#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Copied off Facebook, but look. #7 has Halloween lights all lit up, no more allowee!! Good catch Spooky
[quoted image]

I addressed it this week! Try to make adjustments where i can. We never get to fix everything sadly but we get to some and if we don't do it on the run we will for the next title!

#74 2 years ago

Will we be able to see the topper knife through the backglass? I believe it was mentioned some lighting in there somewhere? Thanks for touching base with us from time to time!

#75 2 years ago

A lot of people who've purchased one of these will be huge fans of the movie - and personally, I think they absolutely nailed it with the theming. Plus it certainly is a cool and different layout, it looks absolutely stunning and (from what I've heard so far) even the callouts seems to pretty good at this early stage too. So saying people will offload them after 2 months is negative to the extreme.

Also, a few people seem to have concerns about movie clips, but I'd rather see them polish the display screens, modes, animations and the callouts/soundFX because that's what will drive the bulk of the gameplay. The movie clips only need to occur during the key moments (start/completion of modes, wizard modes etc). It really doesn't need to be playing a movie clip every minute. One of my favorite games at the moment is Avengers IQ, but damn the lack of decent animations and soundFX during gameplay just tarnish it that little bit.

Anyway I'm hyped as f*** for this machine, it looks awesome. I hope the owners such as dnapac keep drip feeding the odd video here and there, especially as the code matures, its been so great seeing the actual gameplay.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is coming from the Full Throttle guy?

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I will be very surprised if this game remains in anyone's collection beyond 2 months

And the award for douchtastic post of the week goes to ….

Lol!

Personally, I welcome pins that play a little different to the norm. I’m tired of all the Sterns, they all play much the same after a while. Now they’re all even looking much the same.

From the videos I’ve seen, there is good progress in making Halloween have some sort of suspense or tension - something that not many other pins have been successful in doing.

Vive la difference! Bring it on.

rd

#78 2 years ago

A little different video. The attract mode light show. So sweet!

I may have rushed it…give it a few more minutes…it’s not high quality yet.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I addressed it this week! Try to make adjustments where i can. We never get to fix everything sadly but we get to some and if we don't do it on the run we will for the next title!

Thank you!!! This fix def NEEDED to be done.

#80 2 years ago

We've got @rotordave's official endorsement! What more do we need!?

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

We've got rotordave's official endorsement! What more do we need!?

Prayers?

Lol

rd

#82 2 years ago

Just played 2 rounds on a demo at Game Exchange in Denver. I’m more of fan of the 90s Bally/Williams games. The table has a lot of great shots, and the screen wasn’t as distracting as some of the other new games. Call outs were very directional as you have to complete steps to advance, which I think was kind of cool. However, long term, I would probably get annoyed with this. Didn’t make it to the 3rd/upper most playfield. The 2nd level was kind of lame. Overall, I would have like to play it some more, but maybe it is better as a coin op for my taste. Having already stated my taste in games earlier, I will add that this one stands out a bit more than the newer Stern games as far as features vs price value. I do own a couple Newer stern pins… and to be honest, I would probably trade one for this one.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What a downer, now I'm bummed

Don't be. He has a virtual Halloween pin he makes, so his hate is expected, and disregarded.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Vonbaronmattso:

Just played 2 rounds on a demo at Game Exchange in Denver. I’m more of fan of the 90s Bally/Williams games. The table has a lot of great shots, and the screen wasn’t as distracting as some of the other new games. Call outs were very directional as you have to complete steps to advance, which I think was kind of cool. However, long term, I would probably get annoyed with this. Didn’t make it to the 3rd/upper most playfield. The 2nd level was kind of lame. Overall, I would have like to play it some more, but maybe it is better as a coin op for my taste. Having already stated my taste in games earlier, I will add that this one stands out a bit more than the newer Stern games as far as features vs price value. I do own a couple Newer stern pins… and to be honest, I would probably trade one for this one.

Appreciate the honest feedback. I'm not very good at pinball, so the the minus in your book will probably keep players like me happy for awhile. We'll see.. I got FOMO because I love TnA and R&M (Never seen the other 3 titles, sadly) and I'm not some huge Halloween movie fan, so hopefully the adult themed, different style layout and supporting Spooky is enough. As a novice, I bet it does .

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Prayers?
Lol
rd

Yes let us pray for all those repetitive Pinball’s out there, praise the Lord. Hallelujah.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You sound like someone who would wash my car.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

We've got rotordave's official endorsement! What more do we need!?

We have RotorDave’s collection to enjoy.

We are praying to get our machines before the Australians.

Amen to Spooky and the team.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

We are praying to get our machines before the Australians

You know we will.

rd

#90 2 years ago

I must say, I dig the attract light show. And I’m really coming around to the led light strips having Individuel lights. Like that candy that was colored dots on paper. New and refreshing.

#91 2 years ago

Are there plans to fix the 'multiba' or are the playfields dry and delivered?

FB_IMG_1631917430992 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1631917430992 (resized).jpg
#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Thoes guys are but that is definitely hard to miss, you would think...

Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Qc maybe took a day off...lol ..thoes guys are passionate about this games so I'm sure this gets fixed right away!

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

Qc maybe took a day off...lol ..thoes guys are passionate about this game so I'm sure this gets fixed right away!

#94 2 years ago

Ya, I’m sure it’ll be addressed…now ours just became rare…like an early TZ with the green lock light… .

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

considering the lettering already intentionally extends past the oval in the art - it's safe to assume they knew what they had. The same style is used in several other of the mode inserts too.

Insert plastics are only so big... and they would have to reduce the font quite a bit to make it fit for the existing words

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

considering the lettering already intentionally extends past the oval in the art - it's safe to assume they knew what they had. The same style is used in several other of the mode inserts too.
Insert plastics are only so big... and they would have to reduce the font quite a bit to make it fit for the existing words

I'm wondering if the font wasn't meant to be the same size, smaller, as the other hedge inserts? I bet it was and fit within the insert when planning...An oops happened and somehow the larger font was used.

With that said, anyone with a low # that doesn't want this issue to deal with. I have 920 and will help you out with your OCD!

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ya, I’m sure it’ll be addressed…now ours just became rare…like an early TZ with the green lock light… .

Unpopular opinion, but I think it won't be fixed. They have certain sized inserts (don't think they make them custom). And since they had the Ultraman license first, and the Baltan Bash insert fits on the same insert that Hedge MB is supposed to, I don't see it being changed. Would've been better to center the text and maybe reduce the size to fit.

#98 2 years ago

Game is being streamed right now on Twitch by The Mutilator

https://www.twitch.tv/bloodsheddeathbath

Enjoy

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Unpopular opinion, but I think it won't be fixed. They have certain sized inserts (don't think they make them custom). And since they had the Ultraman license first, and the Baltan Bash insert fits on the same insert that Hedge MB is supposed to, I don't see it being changed. Would've been better to center the text and maybe reduce the size to fit.

Eh. They probably won't enlarge the insert, but on future runs, the art can be adjusted. Probably already is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/2?hl=steve_d71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.