IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 338.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

One of my Michaels is leaning far to the right, was wondering is it just a matter of pressing the connection point back down to straighten him out? I'm not sure how he connects to the rotator, so before I start pressing and tweaking I wanted to make sure I'm not breaking anything.[quoted image]

Is the screw just loose? There's a screw that should go in that hole into the servo.

#1402 2 years ago

One of my Michaels is leaning far to the right, was wondering is it just a matter of pressing the connection point back down to straighten him out? I'm not sure how he connects to the rotator, so before I start pressing and tweaking I wanted to make sure I'm not breaking anything.[quoted image]

try tightening the screw holding it to the servo.
Magicchiz

#1403 2 years ago

Also, why are they using the 4 way servo horn with these? It looks messy. If they need support, the clock hand or 2 way propeller-style horn would look a lot cleaner.
myers-servo-horn (resized).jpgmyers-servo-horn (resized).jpg

servo_horn (resized).jpgservo_horn (resized).jpg
#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your games as soon as you possibly can have them, especially when you have placed money down in good faith. . .
However, I can tell you from #14 there has been a number of good faith effort changes made by Spooky just from this #. . . just in the topper alone. . .
I think you will be happy in the long run to see the differences, in just the small number gap from ours, and the changes made based on recommendations to truly try to give you the best experience. . .

I think you're missing my point. I'm not in any "hurry" and figure I'll get mine when I get mine and I see why people are conflating the two. My "issue" if you even want to call it that, is what's going on? We had an initial flurry and some week to week consistency then... Nothing... For weeks, plural. Unless someone has posted somewhere that they've been invoiced and I just missed it which is entirely possible, we seem to be stuck. Then we get the SpookyLuke response (to my post) claiming they're churning out games but if that was the case, shouldn't someone in here have reported that? Something simply doesn't add up. What is it? People can dump on me for wanting to know if that makes them feel better but I think it's a legitimate question/concern.

Jeff

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think you're missing my point. I'm not in any "hurry" and figure I'll get mine when I get mine and I see why people are conflating the two. My "issue" if you even want to call it that, is what's going on? We had an initial flurry and some week to week consistency then... Nothing... For weeks, plural. Unless someone has posted somewhere that they've been invoiced and I just missed it which is entirely possible, we seem to be stuck. Then we get the SpookyLuke response (to my post) claiming they're churning out games but if that was the case, shouldn't someone in here have reported that? Something simply doesn't add up. What is it? People can dump on me for wanting to know if that makes them feel better but I think it's a legitimate question/concern.
Jeff

Definitely seems like things are at a hault production and shipping wise. I noticed that also. I am not complaining I will get my game when I get. I am number 481 so I wasn’t expecting it till next year.

I was hoping January by early projected manufacturing numbers, but now don’t think it will happen till April the earliest. Still not holding my breath. It’s worth the wait and my families first spooky pin.

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'll be honest, most people don't want deep rules. They say they want deep rules but what they really want are wide rules with lots of different things to do at any given time (maiden is a good example of this, being able to work on true modes, mummy stuff, super stuff, etc and each having it's own unique things to do). As dave said, most people just simply will not get to those final modes. The other thing is, if you're getting to those modes no problem each time, the game does have difficulty settings...but most people, even good players, just don't want to make the game harder. They just want to have more things to do.

Definitely this - that's why it would just be nice to see a few more Jack-O-Lantern modes, they are already selectable so it would just significantly cut down the repetition factor, and even the average players who aren't Keith Elwin get to see a bit more of the game. I think the code structure itself looks great! But just a couple more wouldn't hurt - of course it would increase the difficulty of getting deeper in to the game (to get to wizard modes etc). They just have to find that good balance of offering breadth but not make the game impossible, and still keep the rules nice and tight. Probably not many of us understand that - you can't just throw the kitchen sink in, you have to think of how it affects everything else on the game, progression etc. Personally I think at least 2 more modes would be awesome, but I'm not a designer I'm just greedy for more things to do early on.

Regarding the order numbers - there's a big difference between impatience and concern. If I had ordered #72, and people were getting higher numbers actually delivered, I'd be wondering what's happened to mine too.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Heh, yeah the poster artist didn't even notice himself till someone pointed it out. It's a nice accidental touch

It’s not an intentional face in the hand. It’s called Pareidolia

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

40 minutes to talk about it and about 20 minutes to complete with efficient gameplay. (As proven by IE pinballs most recent stream) No one is hating on the code, we would just like to more mode content in future updates. Something to strive and work for and yeah…maybe a mode that is so difficult to get to that 90% of players will never get to it. This is the reward for people who take playing seriously. Pinball machines are not toys…they are GAMES and they ought to reward highly skilled players. The standing code v is a great start but I defy anyone to argue in favor of ending here.

How exactly would you substantiate this claim? Sounds like a load of bologna to me. People who are unsuccessful at playing for completion on deeper pins do not typically clamor for content they will never reach. However, There are a lot of amazing pinball players in the world and there are quite a few with a presence on here pushing companies for more.

It is a game in the end and some of do take pinball seriously but just aren’t good enough to get to many modes or finish the game. In the end it is an expensive toy. Just make code settings in the options to cover all player types. Not all of us can be pinball wizards like you.

#1409 2 years ago

It’s only a toy if you play it like one. Code settings? Like…set the game to be LESS game? Every pin should be designed with everyone who plays them in mind. And people who take pinball seriously can get to the end of games. There is no such “wizard” that’s asinine. It is a game of skill and practice makes perfect.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It is a game in the end and some of do take pinball seriously but just aren’t good enough to get to many modes or finish the game. In the end it is an expensive toy. Just make code settings in the options to cover all player types. Not all of us can be pinball wizards like you.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Still waiting on #72 here. I've seen some later #s get theirs for some reason. Wondering if they're having some issues. I have no problem waiting if I'll get a better product though!

Here's my timeline for #82 (non-butter):

10/21 - Butter/No-Butter email
10/27 - Invoiced and paid
11/2 - Notified that the game was ready
11/4 - Picked it up at Spooky

If you got a butter cabinet maybe that factors in if you replied to the emails and paid the invoice right away.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s not an intentional face in the hand. It’s called Pareidolia

Like the kid's face in Indy's hatband on Williams Indiana Jones backglass.

#1412 2 years ago

I'm # 159 and haven't even gotten my options email. I'm really starting too wonder if I'll get my game this year or not. Don't get me wrong I'm all about quality but the lack of consistency on production is killing us all in anticipation bc all I want too do is play this game.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I'm # 159 and haven't even gotten my options email. I'm really starting too wonder if I'll get my game this year or not. Don't get me wrong I'm all about quality but the lack of consistency on production is killing us all in anticipation bc all I want too do is play this game.

Man I doubt you will see it this year. Would have been a cool Christmas present. Won’t even be a New Year’s Eve or day either.

#1414 2 years ago

I gotta say, I'm usually super patient and forget about things i've ordered till they arrive. But for some reason I'm really getting anxious to play this, I check this thread constantly for more info about orders, code updates etc, I love seeing peoples delivery and setup pics. I think by the time I get mine maybe I'll be already bored of it ha ha.

From day 1, I assumed I'd be waiting until maybe Feb/March, but the wait for this one seems to be harder to take than most of my other machines.

Just to compound my anxiety, I order an Alien LV, which I am also constantly hitting the refresh button for on the owners thread for a tiny tidbit of information on the machine. I know, I just need to chill...

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Here's my timeline for #82 (non-butter):
10/21 - Butter/No-Butter email
10/27 - Invoiced and paid
11/2 - Notified that the game was ready
11/4 - Picked it up at Spooky
If you got a butter cabinet maybe that factors in if you replied to the emails and paid the invoice right away.

Summary for #72
10/6 - Butter/No-Butter email - I did get the butter.
10/14 - Invoiced and Paid
11/4 - Emailed to ask if I missed anything. They said I was good to go and they would let me know when it was done.

I believe #83 got their machine and it was butter too. Just a headscratcher. Like I said I have no problem waiting just to make sure everything works great

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, why are they using the 4 way servo horn with these? It looks messy. If they need support, the clock hand or 2 way propeller-style horn would look a lot cleaner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will clip mine if its like that when I take delivery. Just like I did with my RC cars back in the day.

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I will clip mine if its like that when I take delivery. Just like I did with my RC cars back in the day.

The other servo arms are included in the parts bag

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Nice!

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Summary for #72
11/4 - Emailed to ask if I missed anything. They said I was good to go and they would let me know when it was done.
I believe #83 got their machine and it was butter too. Just a headscratcher. Like I said I have no problem waiting just to make sure everything works great

That is NOT cool at all. You have been waiting over a month after paying

#1420 2 years ago

Edit: Luke gave the proper answer below.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

If I was a betting man, I would bet butter vendor is probably struggling to keep up.
Can’t rush beauty.

If I was a betting man I would say this will be spookys last day 1 sell out after all tbis

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I gotta say, I'm usually super patient and forget about things i've ordered till they arrive. But for some reason I'm really getting anxious to play this, I check this thread constantly for more info about orders, code updates etc, I love seeing peoples delivery and setup pics. I think by the time I get mine maybe I'll be already bored of it ha ha.
From day 1, I assumed I'd be waiting until maybe Feb/March, but the wait for this one seems to be harder to take than most of my other machines.
Just to compound my anxiety, I order an Alien LV, which I am also constantly hitting the refresh button for on the owners thread for a tiny tidbit of information on the machine. I know, I just need to chill...

Yes exactly and what number are you bud.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yes exactly. And what number are you bud?

#1423 2 years ago

So spooky confirmed 126 was shipped today. I’m 128 and went for the butter. Just couldn’t pass on it considering the theme and art is so good. Comparison pics also helped. After seeing standard in person I was actually a little bummed on the lack of pop especially after getting non butter for spooky other games and always being impressed. Although can't go wrong with either of these since the art is so good.

Butter cabinet is the one with more color saturation - closer to the camera.

BF4B62B3-1613-4C56-A415-B28719048372 (resized).jpegBF4B62B3-1613-4C56-A415-B28719048372 (resized).jpegD600E9F6-11A7-43A2-8FD3-E1191C1BD9E0 (resized).jpegD600E9F6-11A7-43A2-8FD3-E1191C1BD9E0 (resized).jpeg

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

That's awesome, but why put on the arm worst suited for the job when Spooky is assembling it?

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Summary for #72

This must be some kind of mistake. I'll handle it. We have no shortage of direct print cabinets.
Edit: Your game will ship tomorrow. Employee mistake.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This must be some kind of mistake. I'll handle it. We have no shortage of direct print cabinets.
Edit: Your game will ship tomorrow. Employee mistake.

You’re amazing Luke! Thank you so much! <3

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

You’re amazing Luke! Thank you so much! <3

No thank you for being patient! My apologies this happened. Usually I can track down something like this pretty fast. Completely absurd error. Easy fix though!

#1428 2 years ago

Picked up #120 today, and saw plenty of them sitting by the door ready to ship out. No "delay gate" conspiracy theory happening here.

#1429 2 years ago

Yes exactly. And what number are you bud?

I'm #379 so I have a fair bit to go yet. Plus it's gotta go on a boat to Australia, so unless they have invented jet powered container ships, I'm gonna have to be pretty patient.

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Picked up #120 today, and saw plenty of them sitting by the door ready to ship out. No "delay gate" conspiracy theory happening here.

See lol! I swear it's pretty normal! We been shipping around 20 per week and it looked like we might run out of pinotaurs for a couple weeks but it sounds like that got solved! Which is awesome because that will really let us stretch our legs and keep upping numbers.

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

See lol! I swear it's pretty normal! We been shipping around 20 per week and it looked like we might run out of pinotaurs for a couple weeks but it sounds like that got solved! Which is awesome because that will really let us stretch our legs and keep upping numbers.

This is amazing news. I just may have a Christmas miracle then at # 159. There is nothing that would make it more special. I'm beyond excited to get this game and play it all night

#1432 2 years ago

Every time the doom and gloomers come out they are promptly shut up. Cut these boys some slack. They are doing a phenomenal job. There is nothing “up”. Let them do their thing and put out the best product possible. I would rather have a longer wait time then have a game rushed out the door. Patience will be rewarded. I’m #955 and could care less when it comes. Why!! Because I know it will come and i know it will most definitely be worth the wait.

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ha! Delay gate. Awesome

#1434 2 years ago

Glad to see people are getting their games! Now Start practicing the skill plunge (Just like Metallica if set up properly)! Almost a full shot and don’t touch the flippers - ball will guide right up to the Judith Myers Tombstone and get locked. Cool stuff!

#1435 2 years ago

This is amazing news. I just may have a Christmas miracle then at # 159. There is nothing that would make it more special. I'm beyond excited to get this game and play it all night

A friend and I are:
137 Aurium CE
142 dnaman CE

and no word yet on balance of payment etc...

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend and I are:
137 Aurium CE
142 dnaman CE
and no word yet on balance of payment etc...

We are a day short next week with the Holiday but we will definitely be well into the 130s. Will be close. Should be the following week for sure as long as Pinotaurs come in on the date they are supposed to!

Really exciting to see how fast our crew is growing and we have been adding some wonderful people!

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Glad to see people are getting their games! Now Start practicing the skill plunge (Just like Metallica if set up properly)! Almost a full shot and don’t touch the flippers - ball will guide right up to the Judith Myers Tombstone and get locked. Cool stuff!

Oooh, I need to try this. I have been too focused on the "Dirty Pool Shot" skill shot for the highest point value. I am pretty reliable on that thought.

My two hardest shots at this point are the left orbit and the lowest Michael Myers Hedge.

I will take any tips for those.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are a day short next week with the Holiday but we will definitely be well into the 130s. Will be close. Should be the following week for sure as long as Pinotaurs come in on the date they are supposed to!
Really exciting to see how fast our crew is growing and we have been adding some wonderful people!

Ok awesome luke. So # 159 is definitely a possibility by Christmas then.

#1439 2 years ago

I hope so since I'm 160

#1440 2 years ago

News on V1.03? You can’t progress past Sanitarium with the current code.

I like the current direction, though!

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You mean Dead by Daylight?

Yes! my mistake

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Ooohhh...I was wondering if that was possible. Only got a few plays on mine so far and haven't gotten it to bounce in on a full plunge. Will play with strengths. I'm sure it will be highly dependent on pitch/level and rubber type/age. Glad to hear it's doable!

Also very glad to see you happy with your game after having some doubts before receiving it. Hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thanks Luke! Great to hear that the Team is making much progress.

#1444 2 years ago

I just heard from Nitro that invoices are going out this week for his first alotment of machines. That would be for any Nitro ordered Halloween pin #145 or lower.

#1445 2 years ago

# 108 Invoice paid 11-1 must be waiting on shipping.

#1446 2 years ago

SpookyLuke glad you guys will be at Pincinnati! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

#1447 2 years ago

#79 just arrived! Will be painful waiting for this weekend to have time to get it setup

20211116_142958 (resized).jpg20211116_142958 (resized).jpg
#1448 2 years ago

Man you better get your 159 by Christmas. Well I really hope the pace keeps up or 1225 will never happen. Lol. Maybe Christmas next year?

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

#79 just arrived! Will be painful waiting for this weekend to have time to get it setup
[quoted image]

Dude! Get that out of the box before I get on a flight and do it for you!

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

[quoted image]

Nothing better then that waiting for you at home. Great feeling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/29?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.