Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 340.
#1351 2 years ago

Update: seems this screw was the culprit for the loud grinding sound as it was moving and rubbing against the plastic. Loosening the screw helped.

7ECF1047-9887-4821-AF9F-DEDA5509EBF1 (resized).jpeg7ECF1047-9887-4821-AF9F-DEDA5509EBF1 (resized).jpeg
#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are fine, Jeff is nothing but negativity. I thought he should rethink his purchase and got banned lol. Keep up the awesome work!!

Oh FFS... I'm not the only one asking about progress but somehow you've decided to single me out. You're in the 900s... Good luck...

Jeff

#1353 2 years ago

Howdy folks! Got a video here for everyone going over the Halloween Rules Flowchart.

The flowchart is also available on the website under game support for anyone looking for it. Hope you all enjoy!

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good to hear it isn't a tough install. I'm still very much a novice with tweaks and repairs. I made the mistake of first getting into pinball when my son was a newborn and now I have a second newborn lol. So I've never had much time to focus on dialing in my machines.
Hoping mine might come with the new ramp, it's being delivered next Tuesday, but not expecting it to be.

What number are you? I live in San Tan Valley, I am 481

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Update: seems this screw was the culprit for the loud grinding sound as it was moving and rubbing against the plastic. Loosening the screw helped.
[quoted image]

That screw will be the first thing that goes.

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That screw will be the first thing that goes.

I Put a little dab of brown paint on that screw to blend it in the best I could

879123EF-CEFB-44A4-A1E4-1FE21DE277EE (resized).jpeg879123EF-CEFB-44A4-A1E4-1FE21DE277EE (resized).jpeg
#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What number are you? I live in San Tan Valley, I am 481

Cool, mine is #79. Looks like a few AZ people/locations on pinside were getting this one. Think I saw someone put up their spot before though.

I was a bit confused that some people also getting the standard cab with numbers after mine took delivery, before mine had even shipped, so it is clear the numbers aren't being shipped in order, but ultimately waiting an extra week or two won't kill me. I've just been impatient and excited lol

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Cool, mine is #79. Looks like a few AZ people/locations on pinside were getting this one. Think I saw someone put up their spot before though.
I was a bit confused that some people also getting the standard cab with numbers after mine took delivery, before mine had even shipped, so it is clear the numbers aren't being shipped in order, but ultimately waiting an extra week or two won't kill me. I've just been impatient and excited lol

That’s odd. I played Halloween at Electric Bat Arcade. I was going to wait and be surprised when I got it but I couldn’t resist. Surprised you haven’t gotten yours yet. Post when you do. I still have a wait.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Anyone else see the face hidden in this image? The metacarpophalangeal joints seem to make the eyes nose and mouth.

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone else see the face hidden in this image? The metacarpophalangeal joints seem to make the eyes nose and mouth.

I didn't until you pointed it out. Weird.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't until you pointed it out. Weird.

Heh, yeah the poster artist didn't even notice himself till someone pointed it out. It's a nice accidental touch

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Creepy

879D2D00-6661-4CAB-A012-01A4B5FA03D9 (resized).png879D2D00-6661-4CAB-A012-01A4B5FA03D9 (resized).png
#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Howdy folks! Got a video here for everyone going over the Halloween Rules Flowchart.
The flowchart is also available on the website under game support for anyone looking for it. Hope you all enjoy!

Nice job Bug!

#1364 2 years ago

I’m hoping during the upcoming Jack-o-lantern multiball mode seeing as it’s for a bit of fun ‘Don’t fear the reaper’ will be playing

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I Put a little dab of brown paint on that screw to blend it in the best I could[quoted image]

Great idea. Looks much better.

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Awesome thanks Bug! I haven't played the machine yet, but from the descriptions, it sounds like you guys have differentiated the Jack-O-Lantern modes really well. Modes on some machines can just be a case of "shoot the lit shots" - it's much better when they utilise the whole playfield creatively, not just repeatedly hitting the ramps and orbits.

#1367 2 years ago

Cool flowchart, great video going over it. Haters whining about shallow rules please note that it took a 40 minute video to go through them all, LOL. Awesome work. Looking forward to getting mine VERY soon and then getting to experience the rules evolve first hand. Keep up the great work! #inbugwetrust!

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Cool flowchart, great video going over it. Haters whining about shallow rules please note that it took a 40 minute video to go through them all, LOL.

Yes, I did notice that and also LOLd.

I do note that very often, the people complaining the loudest about “need more code” on certain machines are the people that can’t finish what’s there now.

Just an observation.

rd

#1369 2 years ago

40 minutes to talk about it and about 20 minutes to complete with efficient gameplay. (As proven by IE pinballs most recent stream) No one is hating on the code, we would just like to more mode content in future updates. Something to strive and work for and yeah…maybe a mode that is so difficult to get to that 90% of players will never get to it. This is the reward for people who take playing seriously. Pinball machines are not toys…they are GAMES and they ought to reward highly skilled players. The standing code v is a great start but I defy anyone to argue in favor of ending here.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Cool flowchart, great video going over it. Haters whining about shallow rules please note that it took a 40 minute video to go through them all, LOL. Awesome work. Looking forward to getting mine VERY soon and then getting to experience the rules evolve first hand. Keep up the great work! #inbugwetrust!

How exactly would you substantiate this claim? Sounds like a load of bologna to me. People who are unsuccessful at playing for completion on deeper pins do not typically clamor for content they will never reach. However, There are a lot of amazing pinball players in the world and there are quite a few with a presence on here pushing companies for more.

Quoted from rotordave:

I do note that very often, the people complaining the loudest about “need more code” on certain machines are the people that can’t finish what’s there now.
Just an observation.
rd

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’m hoping during the upcoming Jack-o-lantern multiball mode seeing as it’s for a bit of fun ‘Don’t fear the reaper’ will be playing

With Rick and Morty everyone got a surprise topper for free. . . I wouldn't put it past Spooky to spring it on us at the end to plunk down a little extra cash and licensee the rights to the song. . .

I doubt the cost per game would be too drastic and it could be a nice little extra for waiting for our CE shooter rods. . . I bet they have an extra "goodie" in store for us even if this isn't the exact thing. . .

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How exactly would you substantiate this claim? Sounds like a load of bologna to me.

Duuuudeee … just hang around on Pinside long enough and you’ll see.

The dudes that go on and on and on and on about code are generally not the guys getting to the end of the game.

One guy in the XMen thread (a big user here) kept going on and on and on for YEARS about how there should be a Wizard mode for completing both Heroes and Villains. (Which is pretty impossible to do, for most people). Then one day he let it slip that he’d only ever completed 2 of the 7 (?) villain modes!!

You see it all the time.

Need more content.

Need more modes.

Then you’ll see them post “wow just got my highest score! 80 million! Whooo!!”

Most of these games have got PLENTY of shit in them. The fact (like it or not) is that most people aren’t good enough players to see it all.

- COUNTERPOINT TO MY OWN ARGUMENT -
I can understand why they feel they need more content. Because if you only progress so far in a game, you only see the same 3-4 things all the time. That gets OLD. Fast.
Hence - they feel they need more code. Maybe some games need more user chooseable modes, this would give most people more variety. Some games that come to mind, R&M and JP and IM, they have no real mode selection. Unlike say GOTG or AS or AC/DC where you can choose a different mode every time.

Hey - my 10c.

rd

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some games that come to mind, R&M and JP and IM, they have no real mode selection.

Iron Maiden you can technically choose your mode order, it's just really hard to get it to land exactly on the one you want so you just keep hitting the spinner trying to avoid Icarus.

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

20 minutes to complete with efficient gameplay. (As proven by IE pinballs most recent stream)

Karl is one of the best competitive pinball players on the planet.

He can finish most games in 20 mins.

Unless it’s Big Buck Hunter.

Let’s see if an average player can finish the game.

rd

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden you can technically choose your mode order, it's just really hard to get it to land exactly on the one you want so you just keep hitting the spinner trying to avoid Icarus.

You can’t choose it from a menu.

Pops/spinner change mode order on lots of games.

Not really what I was meaning. But I think you knew that.

rd

#1375 2 years ago

I don’t buy games that I can complete within a few dozen plays. At this current code version I am very confident that I will roll this game very early on (which is OK for now, as I know that Spooky intends to expand the ruleset) I prefer to have something to work towards over time. That being said deep rulesets aren’t everything. I sold EHOH after six months because I was regulary playing through the entire game and selling the house on a regular basis. The problem with that game is that it’s an easy shooter, which i also don’t like. Deep rules, difficult to master shots and unique layouts are what I’m after. Halloween has two of these for sure. Just waiting on the third aspect to send this game into the stratosphere.

The most perfectly well rounded game as far as depth, rules and shots is IMDN imo. I obsessively played my premium every day for two years while my other games collected dust. I just want to own games that push me to be a better player and I prefer to play for completion over score. Just a personal preference

Quoted from rotordave:

- COUNTERPOINT TO MY OWN ARGUMENT -
I can understand why they feel they need more content. Because if you only progress so far in a game, you only see the same 3-4 things all the time. That gets OLD. Fast.
Hence - they feel they need more code. Maybe some games need more user chooseable modes, this would give most people more variety. Some games that come to mind, R&M and JP and IM, they have no real mode selection. Unlike say GOTG or AS or AC/DC where you can choose a different mode every time.
Hey - my 10c.
rd

#1376 2 years ago

I'll be honest, most people don't want deep rules. They say they want deep rules but what they really want are wide rules with lots of different things to do at any given time (maiden is a good example of this, being able to work on true modes, mummy stuff, super stuff, etc and each having it's own unique things to do). As dave said, most people just simply will not get to those final modes. The other thing is, if you're getting to those modes no problem each time, the game does have difficulty settings...but most people, even good players, just don't want to make the game harder. They just want to have more things to do.

#1377 2 years ago

Deep, wide…yes to both haha. I hear what your saying and it makes sense. IMDN for example…I never got to the final super wizard mode RTTH but I’ll be damned if I didn’t have a hell of a lot of fun TRYING. That dangled carrot really keeps me shooting. I just want something there at the end if I absolutely kill it. Imagine having the nastiest game in your life and then…nothing happens. That sucks. I’ve completed most of the games I’ve owned outside of TSPP and IMDN but…they’re two of my favorites. Possibly based on the fact that I just couldn’t beat it.

Quoted from aeonblack:

I'll be honest, most people don't want deep rules. They say they want deep rules but what they really want are wide rules with lots of different things to do at any given time (maiden is a good example of this, being able to work on true modes, mummy stuff, super stuff, etc and each having it's own unique things to do). As dave said, most people just simply will not get to those final modes. The other thing is, if you're getting to those modes no problem each time, the game does have difficulty settings...but most people, even good players, just don't want to make the game harder. They just want to have more things to do.

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I agree. Breadth is actually better than depth, in my opinion.

#1379 2 years ago

Examples of games that have breadth but not depth?

Quoted from spandol:

I agree. Breadth is actually better than depth, in my opinion.

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They say they want deep rules but what they really want are wide rules with lots of different things to do at any given time

Nailed it.

I think we could even K.I.S.S and say “they want to see variety”

rd

#1381 2 years ago

Per the ruleset video:

In Spooky Pinball's Halloween, you play as evil serial killer Michael Myers. In modes based on scenes and themes from the iconic movie, you pursue your goal of murdering innocent characters.

Except for in a handful of modes. In those, you play as a different character and pursue your goal of escaping evil serial killer Michael Myers.

This seems odd.

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Examples of games that have breadth but not depth?

Off the top of my head, I don’t know of any that exists. I like both, but at the start, I want many paths to take, that keep you heading down the main road. Love JP rules. So many different things to go for at any time, but all needed to get further down the road.

#1383 2 years ago

For me JP is a perfect example of depth and breadth. Using the trucks direction to move through the map and completing paddocks with fun hidden gems (games xtra ball at Trex and the spinosaurus battle). Perfect paddock awards and Fossil collection with perks for fossil sets. Invalid frenzy at smart middle is amazing. Control room modes and mini wiz are fantastic and fun to stack. Really fun to take different paths to the wizard modes on this game but you have to stay focused on the qualifiers for Escape Nublar wiz and WDRTH super wiz. A near perfect game just like IMDN.

Quoted from spandol:

Off the top of my head, I don’t know of any that exists. I like both, but at the start, I want many paths to take, that keep you heading down the main road. Love JP rules. So many different things to go for at any time, but all needed to get further down the road.

#1384 2 years ago

It does seem odd. If you were playing the film out gameplay ought to be linear and voiceless (and you run the risk of having a sterile repetitive game) If you are playing as a character it ought to be the victim escaping or the killer hunting. The only way to successfully do both would be in a co-op multiplayer scenario where 1-3 players are victims and one player is the killer. The killer would play a different ruleset and their modes / qualifiers would be dependent on the victims progress and achievements in gameplay (and vice versa). Victims goals could be shots to team up, run/ hide, attack, collect weapons for defense. The killers goal would be breaking up team ups, stealing multiballs, dismantling progress by adding qualifying shots to modes for the victims etc. Final mode for killer would be a multiball that ends the game for the victims and awards their remains balls to the killer to continue his spree. I have an entire ruleset written for Friday 13th that utilizes some of these. The game also has 1 player as victim and 1 player as killer. The depth would likely suffer due to the immense coding that would have to occur across the various gameplay scenarios though.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Per the ruleset video:
In Spooky Pinball's Halloween, you play as evil serial killer Michael Myers. In modes based on scenes and themes from the iconic movie, you pursue your goal of murdering innocent characters.
Except for in a handful of modes. In those, you play as a different character and pursue your goal of escaping evil serial killer Michael Myers.
This seems odd.

#1385 2 years ago

You certainly don't complete fellowship, two towers, and then return of the king only to switch to playing as sauron

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It does seem odd. If you were playing the film out gameplay ought to be linear and voiceless (and you run the risk of having a sterile repetitive game) If you are playing as a character it ought to be the victim escaping or the killer hunting. The only way to successfully do both would be in a co-op multiplayer scenario where 1-3 players are victims and one player is the killer. The killer would play a different ruleset and their modes / qualifiers would be dependent on the victims progress and achievements in gameplay (and vice versa). Victims goals could be shots to team up, run/ hide, attack, collect weapons for defense. The killers goal would be breaking up team ups, stealing multiballs, dismantling progress by adding qualifying shots to modes for the victims etc. Final mode for killer would be a multiball that ends the game for the victims and awards their remains balls to the killer to continue his spree. I have an entire ruleset written for Friday 13th that utilizes some of these. The game also has 1 player as victim and 1 player as killer. The depth would likely suffer due to the immense coding that would have to occur across the various gameplay scenarios though.

That killer/victim multiplayer idea sounds like a coding nightmare but would be incredible if pulled off. I’ve always thought a vs. multiplayer scenario where you’re legit playing against each other where your shots negate the other player’s progress would be great.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That killer/victim multiplayer idea sounds like a coding nightmare but would be incredible if pulled off. I’ve always thought a vs. multiplayer scenario where you’re legit playing against each other where your shots negate the other player’s progress would be great.

A linked game like NBA Fastbreak sounds great in your scenario above!

#1388 2 years ago

The end of ball screens would be sick too. Like instead of just seeing a bonus rack up it would show all players scores and how they’re affected by the last ball. Weapons lost/gained, Team up (ball locks) lost or gained, successful escapes/ kills as well as a numerical score for each player victim or killer. Kind of like a debriefing for where you stand at the next ball. Would be complex, strategic and addictive co-op gameplay if pulled off right. If someone develops a FH13 and doesn’t utilize this I’ll peel the skin off my own face haha

Quoted from Chisox:

#1389 2 years ago

Game would be connected via wifi so you can connect with other players in groups just like on Xbox one / PlayStation as well. Game could have a cam and players could have avatars that appear on in game animations. That’s a huge component

Quoted from Porkfritter:

A linked game like NBA Fastbreak sounds great in your scenario above!

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s a game mechanic seen more recently in stuff like Dead by Dawn (which also has Michael), a whole bunch of Roblox games, even some adult board games. Great idea

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

With Rick and Morty everyone got a surprise topper for free. . . I wouldn't put it past Spooky to spring it on us at the end to plunk down a little extra cash and licensee the rights to the song. . .
I doubt the cost per game would be too drastic and it could be a nice little extra for waiting for our CE shooter rods. . . I bet they have an extra "goodie" in store for us even if this isn't the exact thing. . .

Sounds great if it is a possibility but that's a whole lot of assumption/expectation. You do know that great expectation often leads to great disappointment.

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Sounds great if it is a possibility but that's a whole lot of assumption/expectation. You do know that great expectation often leads to great disappointment.

But sometimes your Tinder date really does look like the picture...

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s a game mechanic seen more recently in stuff like Dead by Dawn (which also has Michael)

You mean Dead by Daylight?

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But sometimes your Tinder date really does look like the picture...

After 7 beers.....

#1395 2 years ago

DBD FTW!

#1396 2 years ago

It has been a hot minute since anybody has posted any info about receiving a Spooky options and or invoice email. I am hoping the emails start flowing again. Seems like we have been stuck in the mud for awhile.

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It has been a hot minute since anybody has posted any info about receiving a Spooky options and or invoice. I am hoping the emails start flowing again. Seems like we have been stuck in the mud for awhile.

Still waiting on #72 here. I've seen some later #s get theirs for some reason. Wondering if they're having some issues. I have no problem waiting if I'll get a better product though!

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It has been a hot minute since anybody has posted any info about receiving a Spooky options and or invoice. I am hoping the emails start flowing again. Seems like we have been stuck in the mud for awhile.

Thank you... Every time I bring it up I get dumped on so clearly I'm not the only one who is concerned and believes something is up.

Jeff

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Still waiting on #72 here. I've seen some later #s get theirs for some reason. Wondering if they're having some issues. I have no problem waiting if I'll get a better product though!

Quoted from jeffro01:

Thank you... Every time I bring it up I get dumped on so clearly I'm not the only one who is concerned and believes something is up.
Jeff

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your games as soon as you possibly can have them, especially when you have placed money down in good faith. . .

However, I can tell you from #14 there has been a number of good faith effort changes made by Spooky just from this #. . . just in the topper alone. . .

I think you will be happy in the long run to see the differences, in just the small number gap from ours, and the changes made based on recommendations to truly try to give you the best experience. . .

#1400 2 years ago

One of my Michaels is leaning far to the right, was wondering is it just a matter of pressing the connection point back down to straighten him out? I'm not sure how he connects to the rotator, so before I start pressing and tweaking I wanted to make sure I'm not breaking anything.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/28?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.