Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,959 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 340.
#14051 11 months ago

Weekend with no major plans.... new code would be nice

Got the 2" hole saw bit from a friend so will be finally getting the rattle down hopefully.

#14052 11 months ago

Drilled the two port holes in the bottom for the shaker. Improvement, still getting some rattle though which I think is from the back box as others mentioned.

It's definitely less severe rattle though.

#14053 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Drilled the two port holes in the bottom for the shaker. Improvement, still getting some rattle though which I think is from the back box as others mentioned.
It's definitely less severe rattle though.

This is what I mentioned too. I’m happy with the results of the two holes.

#14054 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

This is what I mentioned too. I’m happy with the results of the two holes.

That's what she said.

#14055 11 months ago

I opened the coin door and the back box speakers are still rattling. Maybe slightly improved. Sound bout the same but sub is louder with the door open hard to tell. I think the spacer on the sub helped cause it had that carpet material on the bottom half. Wonder if it's the speaker cover they used on the standard model? It's just screen type of material. Mine looks like it might be rubbing the speaker a bit on the left side facing the machine.

The bolts don't give you much room to add anything in the way of spacer. Not really looked into if you could shut the display panel door with spacer added to speakers either. Sucks the bolts are black on the tips and rounded off. Not sure where I'd find longer ones to match that. Don't want em looking ugly on your new game.

Wonder if on the back box speakers if adding some felt washers under the speakers could help to insulate it from the metal of the speaker panel? I'm close to trying something. Just really want to do the less permanent solutions first.

No offense to people who are drilling the holes, I just don't want to do that. Not even saying you are wrong seems reasonable the air would be pushing and causing the rattle. Just hate paying this type of money then having to put two holes in it.

#14056 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

Just hate paying this type of money then having to put two holes in it.

If you buy a new Scooby Doo they have installed the two holes for free. And it doesn’t rattle.

Sounds weird your headbox rattles though. I would investigate more - loose speaker panel, something like that. Do you have the headbox bolted down (to the cabinet) with the bolt that came with it?

rd

#14057 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Wow, thanka for the interest everyone!
These new shields are CNC-cut from transparent 3/16" polycarbonate.
These shields are rock-solid with no shimmy or vibration. IMO, this adds a dimension of 'solidness' to the game. The balls still deflect off the shield, of course, but you almost don't even see it because the shield isn't bouncing to show you.
And being so hefty, I think it's unlikely you'll ever have to change this shield out again.

Hi John, add me to the list.

Thanks

#14058 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you buy a new Scooby Doo they have installed the two holes for free. And it doesn’t rattle.
Sounds weird your headbox rattles though. I would investigate more - loose speaker panel, something like that. Do you have the headbox bolted down (to the cabinet) with the bolt that came with it?
rd

Yes it is bolted down with the bolts that came with it.

#14059 11 months ago

Haven’t played my Halloween in months so updated it and played a game . Good news is my ghost skill shot missed is gone. Bad news ball got stuck again! I don’t even know where that black thing came from . Something always wrong and also my pumpkin doesn’t light up too

0FB997D5-8AD7-4091-A959-F98D33B1C6D9 (resized).jpeg0FB997D5-8AD7-4091-A959-F98D33B1C6D9 (resized).jpeg

does anyone know what that black thing is from?

#14060 11 months ago

I know they are testing new code right now. Anyone here when they may release it?

#14061 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I know they are testing new code right now. Anyone here when they may release it?

October, I kid I kid.

#14062 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:I know they are testing new code right now. Anyone here when they may release it?

They don't tell us. We just sit here begging

#14063 11 months ago

They are waiting for us to iron out all the issues first, then you have really earned it. Could be a while

#14065 11 months ago

Id like to start asking when the next NEXT update will be coming out - just to be proactive with my requests.

#14066 11 months ago

As I have now fixed the rattling issues my machine is turned right up, was on mode 3 stacked with house just now and it has that creepy wobbling bass music. So I’m playing and in the Halloween zone when I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye but thought nothing of it then all of a sudden a figure appeared next to me and shit the life out of me, wife was back from work and paid me back for all the times I have crept up on her
Funny, well played I say. I told her she should have filmed it lol

#14067 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haven’t played my Halloween in months so updated it and played a game . Good news is my ghost skill shot missed is gone. Bad news ball got stuck again! I don’t even know where that black thing came from . Something always wrong and also my pumpkin doesn’t light up too
[quoted image]

Looks like target foam from a stand up target.

#14068 11 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Looks like target foam from a stand up target.

Thanks I will investigate, thats what my machine is good at, constantly needs investigation!

#14069 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Maybe it is a piece of foam from your outlane which was attached to the apron to keep the ball from getting stuck on the tab. I don't think all machines had this

Screenshot_20230515_124128_Message+ (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230515_124128_Message+ (resized).jpg

#14070 11 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Maybe it is a piece of foam from your outlane which was attached to the apron to keep the ball from getting stuck on the tab. I don't think all machines had this
[quoted image]

Not all the way up there on the upper PF, it's most likely off the side of the balcony ramp. There is foam on it, I know for sure towards the back of side of the ramp as mine has come loose once before but not sure if it's also on the front side. Either way, it's likely not stand up target foam or the foam from the apron.

#14071 11 months ago

Well damn the wife was playing and broke the drop target protector. Guess I need to get on that big ole list for that nice new revised protector.

#14072 11 months ago

I want in on that protector as well please.

#14073 11 months ago

I too am seeing some cracks on our airball protector (UM) so if there is a list for this upgraded one, I'd like to be on it.

#14074 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Not all the way up there on the upper PF, it's most likely off the side of the balcony ramp. There is foam on it, I know for sure towards the back of side of the ramp as mine has come loose once before but not sure if it's also on the front side. Either way, it's likely not stand up target foam or the foam from the apron.

When you ship a pin, the apron is at the top and things fall, that is where it would end up to reappear later. I had a white stamp sized square cloth pad show up mysteriously on my UM upper playfield once *shrug*. Anyway, you got a few things to check out now.

#14075 11 months ago

Some new sound bytes for some direction probably would be nice, but wonder if they can even add anymore at this point, since it would need getting those actors to come back. Perhaps some movie sound bytes would work in their place?

Or maybe they have extra recordings they did during the production that they never used and can dig up?

#14076 11 months ago

Radio Silence.. no shows going on ... hope we're going to be seeing an update soon. Does Spooky do any pre-release testing with customers?

#14077 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Radio Silence.. no shows going on ... hope we're going to be seeing an update soon. Does Spooky do any pre-release testing with customers?

They say they beta test.

#14079 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They really should. I dont think im beta tester quality, but some people are in here.

Thoughts @spooky!

#14080 11 months ago

Some new sound bytes for some direction probably would be nice, but wonder if they can even add anymore at this point, since it would need getting those actors to come back. Perhaps some movie sound bytes would work in their place?
Or maybe they have extra recordings they did during the production that they never used and can dig up?

Some extra movie clips or call outs would be a real nice surprise.

Some more Annie or Lynda ones would be great. Actually is there a "speed kills" callout on the game? I'm not sure, but that could be used somewhere. Imagine hitting an orbit then a scoop to stop the ball - and getting a combo with that clip playing with the car screeching to a halt.

My favourite call out on the whole game is "TOTALLY JACKPOT!".... totally...

#14081 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Some extra movie clips or call outs would be a real nice surprise.
Some more Annie or Lynda ones would be great. Actually is there a "speed kills" callout on the game? I'm not sure, but that could be used somewhere. Imagine hitting an orbit then a scoop to stop the ball - and getting a combo with that clip playing with the car screeching to a halt.
My favourite call out on the whole game is "TOTALLY JACKPOT!".... totally...

Theres a treasure trove of sound clips they could use. Some might not be exactly the same as a "shoot the left ramp" callout for helping to direct players, but unique sound bytes for shots or attached to a mode is always appreciated

#14082 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They really should. I dont think im beta tester quality, but some people are in here.
Thoughts Spooky!

I agree; AP used to do this and I know they got great feedback. I’m sure there were some complaints but this is the best way to develop software and eliminate bugs before a release: big test pools

#14083 11 months ago

This whole update saga always reminds me of the sign “FREE BEER TOMORROW”

#14084 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I agree; AP used to do this and I know they got great feedback. I’m sure there were some complaints but this is the best way to develop software and eliminate bugs before a release: big test pools

They have testers for Scooby, so imagine there is some for UM/Halloween too

#14085 11 months ago

I received my Halloween in late 2021 and now have about 2,000 lifetime plays on it. (I can't provide an accurate number because the play count is reset with every software update. Fix this, Matt!)

I have found that balls coming from the right lower flipper will strike the edge of the left orbit lane guide. Over time, this has had the effect of deforming the guide to the point that the trajectory of the ball is altered.

Gaining access to the lane guide in order to try and straighten it involves removing the two posts holding the end of the guide in place. But to get to those, you have to remove the left wire form, the plastics underneath it, and the left side of the ball deflector. A bit tedious, to be sure.

I've had partial success bending the lane guide back into its original shape but it isn't long until the guide starts deforming again.

Short of straightening the lane guide every few months, what might be a permanent solution to this issue? Maybe a thin post at the edge of the lane guide to prevent those edge-on ball strikes?

Left_Lane_01 (resized).jpgLeft_Lane_01 (resized).jpgLeft_Lane_02 (resized).jpgLeft_Lane_02 (resized).jpg

#14086 11 months ago

Deleted.

#14087 11 months ago

Deleted.

#14088 11 months ago

Dammit! I love "deleted due to too much cannabis" posts, I can't believe I missed these!

#14089 11 months ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Dammit! I love "deleted due to too much cannabis" posts, I can't believe I missed these!

They leave me hungry for more!

#14090 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I received my Halloween in late 2021 and now have about 2,000 lifetime plays on it. (I can't provide an accurate number because the play count is reset with every software update. Fix this, Matt!)
I have found that balls coming from the right lower flipper will strike the edge of the left orbit lane guide. Over time, this has had the effect of deforming the guide to the point that the trajectory of the ball is altered.
Gaining access to the lane guide in order to try and straighten it involves removing the two posts holding the end of the guide in place. But to get to those, you have to remove the left wire form, the plastics underneath it, and the left side of the ball deflector. A bit tedious, to be sure.
I've had partial success bending the lane guide back into its original shape but it isn't long until the guide starts deforming again.
Short of straightening the lane guide every few months, what might be a permanent solution to this issue? Maybe a thin post at the edge of the lane guide to prevent those edge-on ball strikes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe push the target over to the right, that would stop edge strikes and also maybe something wedged between the guide and the post behind it to stop it moving.
Failing that less weed to be more accurate lol (joking)

That looks pretty mashed up, mine still looks new but will keep an eye on it now. Plays only in the low hundreds though I think.

#14091 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

That’s one way to make the left loop easier. Lol

#14092 11 months ago

Another day, no new code.....

sadss (resized).jpgsadss (resized).jpg
#14093 11 months ago

Michael has been very naughty and not coming out to play, screws aren’t holding tight so trying a bit of Loctite. Might have to find something to screw into if that doesn’t work. These are the original metal version and not copies so hope they last a while.
This is a new wire form spooky sent me as the one they fitted wasn’t right and I had to bend the hell out of it to make it fit so no rush lol

6691F63C-6C62-4C85-8AA0-91D798E59410 (resized).jpeg6691F63C-6C62-4C85-8AA0-91D798E59410 (resized).jpeg
#14094 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I, too, have about 2000+ games on my machine. I just noticed my lane guide is also looking pretty banged up now.

#14095 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Why does that target say Meat Loaf? Far as I know he isn't in Halloween.

#14096 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

Why does that target say Meat Loaf? Far as I know he isn't in Halloween.

lol wtf is that real?

GASP, spooky making Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell the Pinball confirmed

#14097 11 months ago

lol wtf is that real?

Whoa! But please no way!

#14098 11 months ago

lol wtf is that real?

Maybe it's a clue that they are doing Rocky Horror Picture Show eventually.

#14099 11 months ago

So the Loctite didn’t work (wishful thinking), cut some cable clips and now they are solid. Great I thought, had my covid jab today so thought best not to swap the wire form so decided to take the servo out that was dead and replace it for weekend use. Pretty quickly realised the hedge screws hold the servo down pretty good

I laughed!

Anyway here is my wasted effort lol

Game is killing me, so bloody hard which is how I like them.

Also now I have stopped the rattles and turned the sub up I can feel air coming out around the lockdown bar when playing!

FC4A1BD4-93F1-445B-BC19-C6A5A41BD8AE (resized).jpegFC4A1BD4-93F1-445B-BC19-C6A5A41BD8AE (resized).jpeg

#14100 11 months ago

lol wtf is that real?

haha, that's a funny Easter egg, is this the first anyone has caught it? it most definitely says it on my target too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,959 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/282?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.