20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 339.
#13951 11 months ago

Has anyone added precision flippers to their game? If so, how do you like them?

I added them on R&M, they are a total game-changer for me on R&M.

#13952 11 months ago

Not yet but I’ve been swapping them out in nearly all of my games. They are great.

Quoted from McDoom:

Has anyone added precision flippers to their game? If so, how do you like them?
I added them on R&M, they are a total game-changer for me on R&M.

#13953 11 months ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Not yet but I’ve been swapping them out in nearly all of my games. They are great.

I’ve not played a game which has these - why are they so superior? I’ve seen a lot of Alien owners have installed them to replace the horrible stock flippers

#13954 11 months ago

I put precision flippers in Wonka, GNR, and Alien- They made a huge difference for me- the flippers on JJP games and Alien felt mushy and not snappy and responsive like sterns- These games "feel" much better with precision flippers. The bushings provide more stability. My shots in these games feel much more controlled- They certainly made a huge impact on GNR- night and day for me. I am looking at joining the Halloween Cult this weekend. I have only played HW on location - Once I hopefully get it home I would like to get a goof "feel" for these spooky flippers.

#13955 11 months ago

The flippers are more consistent and the halos make it easier to drop or live catch the ball. They also look realty cool.

The are Also supposed to help with flipper fade but the only game I have with noticeable fade is Halloween so I can speak to that because I haven’t swapped them out on that game yet.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve not played a game which has these - why are they so superior? I’ve seen a lot of Alien owners have installed them to replace the horrible stock flippers

#13956 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The house diverter not resetting after starting the sanitarium mode is a known problem right? It seems kind of random when it doesn't reset but it's happened quite a few times

I think so. It's happened to me multiple times, but not all the time.

#13957 11 months ago
Quoted from gregcube:

I think so. It's happened to me multiple times, but not all the time.

It's annoying, and it will stay open no matter what till game over when it does that which means it messes with many modes. That along with how messy Bob and Lynda mode is right now, forcing me to avoid it.... it's really annoying the buggy state things are in right now.

#13958 11 months ago

Hello All- does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new drop target airball protector? THank you

#13959 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hello All- does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new drop target airball protector? THank you

Reach out to Spooky or wait for an improved one being made by someone on this thread.

#13960 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

As mentioned, either get replacements from Spooky or see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/278#post-7554875

#13961 11 months ago

Add me to the list of people very eager for a code update now. I still like playing the game for sure, but there are some annoying bugs as everyone else has mentioned and it's somewhat dampening the experience. It's almost like I'm waiting for something to confuse the game when I'm running certain modes together.

When this game is complete, it really is gonna be stunning - but it's crying out for some bug fixes, those last couple of modes and the final bit of polish.

#13962 11 months ago

Yup - I really hope we see a day where this game is just solid. I too am still loving playing this game… just frustrating with this code. Agree with your points

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Add me to the list of people very eager for a code update now. I still like playing the game for sure, but there are some annoying bugs as everyone else has mentioned and it's somewhat dampening the experience. It's almost like I'm waiting for something to confuse the game when I'm running certain modes together.
When this game is complete, it really is gonna be stunning - but it's crying out for some bug fixes, those last couple of modes and the final bit of polish.

#13963 11 months ago

Code will get there. We don’t even have the final wizard mode done. Played tonight and still love the game. Just wish code and or updates were more frequent from Spooky but totally understand the whole process. I have faith this machine will be one of the greats at some point.

#13964 11 months ago

Clock is ticking they won’t be coding this forever…

Quoted from waletboy:

Code will get there. We don’t even have the final wizard mode done. Played tonight and still love the game. Just wish code and or updates were more frequent from Spooky but totally understand the whole process. I have faith this machine will be one of the greats at some point.

#13965 11 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Clock is ticking they won’t be coding this forever…

They’ve had some setbacks with the previous developer, and the clock did get reset .. but I think even that was 6 months ago.

#13966 11 months ago

Thats all Im saying - time is flying by and the clock reset wasnt on just 1 machine its code for 2 machines. So 6 months ish left on the clock - Lets GOOOO. I like where this Matt guy is heading - its just if he has enough time

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They’ve had some setbacks with the previous developer, and the clock did get reset .. but I think even that was 6 months ago.

#13967 11 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thats all Im saying - time is flying by and the clock reset wasnt on just 1 machine its code for 2 machines. So 6 months ish left on the clock - Lets GOOOO. I like where this Matt guy is heading - its just if he has enough time

100%

#13968 11 months ago

They said they will finish the game so if they have to extend the time on it I’m sure they will, hope Matt still has some hair left at the end of it!
I can’t wait as I don’t really want to get into it until it’s finished so hardly play it but still really like it.

#13969 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well also "more frequent updates", and it's going on 2 months now with a bunch of bugs from last update introduced. It's frustrating

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Exactly, playing the game or seeing others come over and play and then it's like... "oh that's not supposed to be like that, it's a bug", just feels like i'm playing a broken game. Last update added some great stuff but also there is just problems and lack of polish that keeps hurting the experience. Theres a great game here that just needs more tuning

#13970 11 months ago

Played last night and I ended up tilting, but the game never recovered and went into an infinite tilt loop. Had to power off and on. Normal after that. Will contact Spooky, and have video, but not posting here, lest vultures take it out of context..

#13971 11 months ago

Anyone been in communication with Matt lately? Maybe someone can ask him to check in on this thread and give an update?

#13972 11 months ago

Super quick update: the bulk of the work for the next updates (HWN & UM) is done, testing and tweaks are under way, and when that's finished, we'll be good to go for release.

Roostking send me that tilt video - [email protected] - and thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

#13973 11 months ago

HE LIVES

Quoted from m4tt:

Super quick update: the bulk of the work for the next updates (HWN & UM) is done, testing and tweaks are under way, and when that's finished, we'll be good to go for release.
Roostking send me that tilt video - [email protected] - and thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

#13974 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Someone send this guy a pizza like Kaneda sent spooky

#13975 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Awesome! Thanks for posting on the thread and looking forward to the code!

#13976 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

I’ve had that endless tilt too. No video though

#13977 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Someone send this guy a pizza like Kaneda sent spooky

I gave him a slice of birthday cake last week at Dannis 21st … that’ll keep him sorted for a while.

rd

#13978 11 months ago

Will have to buy some cake to celebrate new code day, washed down with copious amounts of lager

Nice one m4tt

#13979 11 months ago

For a vegan, gluten free cake it actually held up pretty well - I think I speak for everyone there, when I say we were skeptical... I don’t remember you baking it or handing out slices though RD?

#13980 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

You got it. Any logs I can gather?

#13981 11 months ago

Hi all,
Has anyone ever had the game constantly add a ball, after a ball has already been started? It's very frustrating.

At first, it would always add two balls at the start of each turn. I updated the code and now it does it after a few seconds of plunging the ball.

All switches test normal and register (thought maybe a trough or shooter lane switch was bad). Any suggestions?

#13982 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

For a vegan, gluten free cake it actually held up pretty well - I think I speak for everyone there, when I say we were skeptical... I don’t remember you baking it or handing out slices though RD?

You musta been looking the other way ….

rd

#13983 11 months ago
Quoted from vilant:

All switches test normal and register (thought maybe a trough or shooter lane switch was bad). Any suggestions?

Check the connections for the Opto in the Ball Trough?

#13984 11 months ago

Finally joined the club- Got a good deal on a one owner CE- So far I am enjoying the hell out of this game- Only 2 issues which it seems others have- I do have the infinite tilt and my topper light does not work. I tried switching the speaker light to the topper light input and was all good there- I am guessing I need a 5V addressable led strip to replace? I checked connections and everything seemed good- What a great game- my first spooky until SCOOBY Comes this fall-

#13985 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Finally joined the club- Got a good deal on a one owner CE- So far I am enjoying the hell out of this game- Only 2 issues which it seems others have- I do have the infinite tilt and my topper light does not work. I tried switching the speaker light to the topper light input and was all good there- I am guessing I need a 5V addressable led strip to replace? I checked connections and everything seemed good- What a great game- my first spooky until SCOOBY Comes this fall-

Congratulations on a fantastic purchase!

#13986 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check the connections for the Opto in the Ball Trough?

There's 6 whisker style switches in the ball trough on mine, and they all tested normal. Is there supposed to be a 7th? Nothing there at the end. Never was

2023-05-0617.42.105717850252088402253.jpg2023-05-0617.42.105717850252088402253.jpg
#13987 11 months ago
Quoted from vilant:

There's 6 whisker style switches in the ball trough on mine, and they all tested normal. Is there supposed to be a 7th? Nothing there at the end. Never was[quoted image]

Looks like you have too many balls my man. My game only has 6, hence the 6 trough switches.

#13988 11 months ago

I take that back. My game has 7 and it looks like you have 8.

#13989 11 months ago
Quoted from vilant:

There's 6 whisker style switches in the ball trough on mine, and they all tested normal. Is there supposed to be a 7th? Nothing there at the end. Never was[quoted image]

Look on the lock bar received with the lock bar off and the sticker will say what the count of balls in the game are supposed to be.

#13990 11 months ago

I've just scanned the group images and someone shared this picture long ago. 7 Balls it is. The trough shows 6 and then one is stacked at position 1.

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#13991 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've just scanned the group images and someone shared this picture long ago. 7 Balls it is. The trough shows 6 and then one is stacked at position 1.[quoted image]

Yup. What I’m most curious about is how he ended up with 8? I think he’s had the game for a while now.

#13992 11 months ago

Lol, there were 8 in there. I have no idea how the eff that happened. Wasn't me....either one if my kids added one or AMH is jealous

#13993 11 months ago
Quoted from vilant:

Lol, there were 8 in there. I have no idea how the eff that happened. Wasn't me....either one if my kids added one or AMH is jealous

At least it’s an easy fix!

#13994 11 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Yup. What I’m most curious about is how he ended up with 8? I think he’s had the game for a while now.

Well, technically I have 8 in mine as well as I dropped one next to Scooby's barrel, at the habitrail to prevent the ball from dropping out of the top rail on the way through. As long as it doesn't drop into the game I am good to go. I will eventually request the plastic guides that they have come up with but no rush and I will likely add something to the shipment.

#13995 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Well, technically I have 8 in mine as well as I dropped one next to Scooby's barrel, at the habitrail to prevent the ball from dropping out of the top rail on the way through. As long as it doesn't drop into the game I am good to go. I will eventually request the plastic guides that they have come up with but no rush and I will likely add something to the shipment.

But we are in the Halloween thread.

#13996 11 months ago

So with aiming for highest scores, it's pretty much best to start your pumpkin modes from the back to the front it feels. The "harder" modes give more points per shot so it's just best to immediately go backwards in the movie haha.

Jamie fights back is not very difficult and worth lot of points, then go straight to stalker mode which a person can earn a TON of points.

Folks newer to the game I see often will start in order with Death in the Drivers seat but the points you get even for completing it are not that great.

I don't know if anyone can confirm or Spooky knows this, but do completed pumpkin modes award the scoring bonuses that the rule spreadsheet shows? There is no indicator of this so it's hard to say. That's only reason I could see for a person to adopt the strategy of going with the easy modes first, to get the bonus scoring going. But then Bob and Lynda comes up as 2nd mode on easy and it takes quite a few shots and doesn't feel "easy"

#13997 11 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

But we are in the Halloween thread.

Haha! Yes of course, my bad. I flip between the two threads as I have each. That said, My HWCE came with a loose ball in the pin, so when I added the proper count of balls, I had one too many. There, that brings me back on track.

#13998 11 months ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

I've noticed my flipper coils are loose & seems to be a large factor in weak flippers. I've tried to tighten multiple times but no luck. I guess my coil stops are bent or something? Has anyone else run into this?

Just following up in case anyone else has run into this. My coil stops weren't bent. I added spring (wavy) washers & my flipper coils are much tighter with less wiggle. My flippers feel more snappy. Easy/cheap fix if anyone else has the same issue. https://www.pinballlife.com/spring-washer.html

#13999 11 months ago

I bought one of the earlier CE runs. The powder coating on the lockdown bar and rails have the worn down spots. I contacted Spooky and the graciously sent me new ones. With the new company they are using, do I still have to clear coat them? TIA

#14000 11 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I bought one of the earlier CE runs. The powder coating on the lockdown bar and rails have the worn down spots. I contacted Spooky and the graciously sent me new ones. With the new company they are using, do I still have to clear coat them? TIA

Folks recommend doing it especially if you got the armor and haven't put it on yet, giving them a coating of clear wouldn't hurt. I've had no issues with the newer coating but some say they still have eventual issues, so it probably is worth just giving them extra protection before installation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/280?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.