IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 338.
#13901 11 months ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

I second your friends opinion! I was going to do the mod until that very thought came to mind

Before he said that, it was a problem, once he said that, now its another problem.

What are the chances glass can shatter due to rattle?

#13902 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now Im torn.. i planned to do this, but my pinhead buddy who played my HOU Halloween with the lights off and the full experience happening, said the rattling glass added to the "scare" and physical/audible feedback. Dunno now ha. Thanks for the pics, ill most likely do this mod anyway. Maybe one hole to see if some of that feedback remains

There is some rattle still in the back glass. I don’t believe the back box has port holes. I am going to investigate and if there is none I may do the same but with smaller holes.

#13903 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Before he said that, it was a problem, once he said that, now its another problem.
What are the chances glass can shatter due to rattle?

I doubt that could ever happen, I've had sheets of pinball glass fall flat on their face in my garage and be fine

#13904 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

There is some rattle still in the back glass. I don’t believe the back box has port holes. I am going to investigate and if there is none I may do the same but with smaller holes.

Back box is ported on top so scratch that idea.

#13905 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

You do not have to remove the upper playfields but you do have to gain access to and remove a couple of screws that will then allow you to lift the front of each playfield up about an inch or so. This will give you better access to those two mounting posts under the Sanitarium playfield.
I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.[quoted image][quoted image]

Would also like to get on your list please.

#13906 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

You do not have to remove the upper playfields but you do have to gain access to and remove a couple of screws that will then allow you to lift the front of each playfield up about an inch or so. This will give you better access to those two mounting posts under the Sanitarium playfield.
I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.[quoted image][quoted image]

Please add me to the list as well!

#13907 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Can I be put on the list for the shield too please. Thanks, in advance.

#13908 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Add me to the list as well please. Thanks!

#13909 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.

Okay okay. If there is a list add me to it as well

#13910 11 months ago

Saw a ton of new posts and thought new code!!! but no - just an add me to the list explosion.

Sweet.

Spooky - any update?

#13911 11 months ago

Add me to the list of wanting a code update

#13912 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Add me to the list of wanting a code update

Okay yep, now i'm on two lists!

#13913 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Just drilled the 2 port holes for the sub and wow what a difference with the playfield glass not rattling. Just had my best game to date! Love this game!

Nice one!

I should have sold my “port mod” on the Pinside marketplace lolll

“RDs Port Mod! Only $99.99! (No postage required)”

Really one of the best mods you can do to your pre-Scooby Spooky. And the cost is $0.00 !

PS I haven’t had any rattling back glass issues - yours must be loose in there. Check the plastic channels are tight on the glass, maybe look at how it’s held in the head box and see where you can remove any slop. They should be pretty tight in there.

rd

#13914 11 months ago

Might be worth adding a couple of 2” x 2.5” ports.

6D7F004A-2779-4CFB-B4D2-52DDF34B8116 (resized).jpeg6D7F004A-2779-4CFB-B4D2-52DDF34B8116 (resized).jpeg
#13915 11 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Might be worth adding a couple of 2” x 2.5” ports.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t make any difference in the context of porting the whole cabinet. The holes are just venting the air pressure. In a tight enclosure, you can tune the ports by diameter and length to enhance the bass response.

That’s the next project.

Just got to clear a few other ones before that though!

rd

#13916 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t make any difference in the context of porting the whole cabinet. The holes are just venting the air pressure. In a tight enclosure, you can tune the ports by diameter and length to enhance the bass response.
That’s the next project.
Just got to clear a few other ones before that though!
rd

That’s true (I used to build sound system cabinets), you would have to try different lengths etc anyway as you said. Would tidy the hole up though.
Build a box around it like TNA, I keep thinking of doing something like that but there’s always something else going on, plus I’m not really playing it as waiting on the code to be finished. I have a Servo 15 sub waiting to be connected as well, I’m a lazy sod these days lol

#13917 11 months ago

Time to get a hole drill bit

Quoted from delt31:

Saw a ton of new posts and thought new code!!! but no - just an add me to the list explosion.
Sweet.
Spooky - any update?

Hoping soon, they were talking about testing the new code recently so hoping there is a release in the very near future.

#13918 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Just drilled the 2 port holes for the sub and wow what a difference with the playfield glass not rattling. Just had my best game to date! Love this game! While playing definitely had code issues with modes being stacked but I know once we get some updated code hopefully it will bring this game to the top!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've been thinking of drilling holes too, what size did you go with?

#13919 11 months ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Balls keep getting stuck when I pull the plunger. Doesn’t happen every shot, but not sure what’s going on or how to fix it. When I test the plunger, it seems fine.
Thoughts? See pic attached.
[quoted image]

Pull the glass and be observant. If the plunger tip is contacting the ball correctly and it's not bobbling in the shooter lane it might catching some air and hitting the bottom of that plastic knife. I had to remove mine.

#13920 11 months ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

2” holes.

#13921 11 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Pull the glass and be observant. If the plunger tip is contacting the ball correctly and it's not bobbling in the shooter lane it might catching some air and hitting the bottom of that plastic knife. I had to remove mine.

Think he got it fixed, the rollover switch in the shooter was wonky

#13922 11 months ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/113#post-6911181

Sorta anything 2” to 2.5” would be ok.

rd

#13923 11 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Definitely something I’ll keep an eye on. Thanks!

#13924 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Now you have me wondering what ridiculous figures I can replace Michael with…

I, too, would like to see something different with the hedge Michaels. Leave one in place but swap out the other two with something else.

A thought I had was to replace one with a child-Michael in his clown costume (as he was dressed when he killed his sister in the beginning of the movie). Replace another Michael with maybe a miniature Dr. Loomis.

I fear someone would have to design and print little replacement figures. I haven't had much luck finding them on the market.

#13925 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I, too, would like to see something different with the hedge Michaels. Leave one in place but swap out the other two with something else.
A thought I had was to replace one with a child-Michael in his clown costume (as he was dressed when he killed his sister in the beginning of the movie). Replace another Michael with maybe a miniature Dr. Loomis.
I fear someone would have to design and print little replacement figures. I haven't had much luck finding them on the market.

I like the clown idea. I also have thought that it would be cool to add Michael with the ghost sheet and glasses

#13926 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:I, too, would like to see something different with the hedge Michaels. Leave one in place but swap out the other two with something else.

Great idea! I guess the 3rd one could be Michael in the sanitarium gown, since that’s the only other outfit I can think of in the 1st film

#13927 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great idea! I guess the 3rd one could be Michael in the sanitarium gown, since that’s the only other outfit I can think of in the 1st film

As mentioned above, the ghost sheet Michael!

#13928 11 months ago

Love the idea of replacement hedge Michael’s

#13929 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

As mentioned above, the ghost sheet Michael!

Missed that. Wait, what glasses?

#13930 11 months ago

Modders ASSEMBLE!

Quoted from John_C:

#13931 11 months ago

To keep with the theme of the movie and the scene with the hedges, I think an Annie and Laurie replacement could be in order. 'Poor Laurie, chased another one away.'

#13932 11 months ago

Boogeyman feels like a finale with what it covers, so wonder what the Night He Came Home final wizard mode would even entail.

#13933 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Please add me to the list as well

#13934 11 months ago

Please sir, can I have some more code?

CPw9_Z0WsAM7N5g (resized).jpgCPw9_Z0WsAM7N5g (resized).jpg
#13935 11 months ago

Please sir, can I have some more code?
[quoted image]

Second helping here please

#13936 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Missed that. Wait, what glasses?

Scene with Bob and Linda towards the end

Ghost.jpg (resized).jpegGhost.jpg (resized).jpeg
#13937 11 months ago

Are people still clear coating over their new powder coated rails and lockdown bar? Or has the new powder coat issue been corrected?

Thanks!

#13938 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Are people still clear coating over their new powder coated rails and lockdown bar? Or has the new powder coat issue been corrected?
Thanks!

I did mine just to be sure and for peace of mind. Plus, to be honest my lock down bar and rails had kind of a rough finish to it and I actually prefer the glossier/smoother feel of the clear coat. Another one of the owners machines here in Oz I saw did have dark patches beginning to appear on the powder coat, so I'm super glad I took the time to do mine, and it wasn't a painful process either.

#13939 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Thanks!

I clear coated the replacement hinges, rails and speaker panel before installing them. I had clear coated the original lock down bar which didn't need replacement. Pleased with the results.

#13940 11 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Scene with Bob and Linda towards the end
[quoted image]

Of COURSE! Take away my Halloween club badge

#13941 11 months ago

I got a CE in the 600's and so far I've had no problem with my armor fading. It was supposedly around after when they changed the way they were doing the powder coat, but so far it's been solid and I never cleared it.

#13942 11 months ago

I got a CE in the 600's and so far I've had no problem with my armor fading. It was supposedly around after when they changed the way they were doing the powder coat, but so far it's been solid and I never cleared it.

Same. My machine was in the late 300’s which would have been before they made the change. I haven’t cleared and it’s still fine with no fade. I also didn’t unbox it for 5 months. Not sure but maybe it gave the powder coat time to cure?

#13943 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Thanks!

Safer to just do it. That particular product requires a topcoat. It needs to be sealed. Spooky was using the correct product near the end of production but it was put on sparingly. A second coat of SprayMax is a good idea.

#13944 11 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Same. My machine was in the late 300’s which would have been before they made the change. I haven’t cleared and it’s still fine with no fade. I also didn’t unbox it for 5 months. Not sure but maybe it gave the powder coat time to cure?

Think it helps that I have very dry skin too lol

#13945 11 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I'm in the mid-400's and mine became a MESS! They replaced the armor & lockdown (to which I promptly cleared w/2K) but the coindoor, apron, hinges, legs & back box have all degraded and I'm waiting on replacements for them. I will be clearing all of them as well. for how well 2K works and how relatively easy it is to do (even for someone who is a novice at this type of stuff) it's crazy NOT to do it, in my opinion.

#13946 11 months ago

Mine is CE 920 and it started to show the dark spots within 20 plays. I cleared it.

#13947 11 months ago

Weird, have had mine for a year and even with hundreds of plays, the coating has been solid

#13948 11 months ago

Weird, have had mine for a year and even with hundreds of plays, the coating has been solid

Yeah, but remember you have dry skin...

#13949 11 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Yeah, but remember you have dry skin...

No lotion for these bad boys

#13950 11 months ago

The house diverter not resetting after starting the sanitarium mode is a known problem right? It seems kind of random when it doesn't reset but it's happened quite a few times

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/279?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.