Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 340.
#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

My Halloween CE redressed in Prismatic 'Illusion Root Beer'.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Nice choice.

#13702 1 year ago

Thats a great color choice for Halloween

#13703 1 year ago

Agreed. I really like that color on Halloween.

#13704 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

My Halloween CE redressed in Prismatic 'Illusion Root Beer'.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks amazing

#13705 1 year ago

Any news on the next code update? Weeks? Month?

#13706 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any news on the next code update? Weeks? Month?

Taps the vein. Give me

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What angle are the playfields set at?
rd

The reason I ask …

I don’t get noticeable flipper fade on any of my games.

Last big tournament I held, there was over 100 games put on each of 13 System 11s over 10 hours. 1500 individual 3 ball games in total. No big fade. Same goes for the “modern” tournaments I run with Sterns and Spookies.

Mind you - all my games are factory settings, no adjustments (except ACNC upper flipper up two notches)

I can’t see how you guys are getting flipper fade. Unless the adjustments are being upped too much, or the playfields are way too steep.

(Exception: LOTR LE - even with updated coils - but that game is famous for that. Which is why I no longer have it …)

rd

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The reason I ask …
Last big tournament I held, there was over 100 games put on each of 13 System 11s over 10 hours. 1500 individual 3 ball games in total. No big fade. Same goes for the “modern” tournaments I run with Sterns and Spookies.
Mind you - all my games are factory settings, no adjustments (except ACNC upper flipper up two notches)
I can’t see how you guys are getting flipper fade. Unless the adjustments are being upped too much, or the playfields are way too steep.
(Exception: LOTR LE - even with updated coils - but that game is famous for that. Which is why I no longer have it …)
rd

I stopped cradling after my LOTR LE nearly caught on fire when it fried a flipper coil and transistor lol
Long gone too!

#13709 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I stopped cradling after my LOTR LE nearly caught on fire when it fried a flipper coil and transistor lol
Long gone too!

Man …. My games on LOTR used to go so long, I used to stop after 30-40 mins and go do something for an hour and let the coils cool down. Still couldn’t hit the ring after all that. Dooooooh

rd

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The reason I ask …
rd

Honestly I’ve never experienced flipper fade either mind you I prob put an hour on a machine and either go to another or do something else. Even having people over and playing for hours when I had Club at my house nobody was complaining so idk. Obviously the coils get hot but not seeing much of a performance loss. If you can’t cradle what’s the point ?? Lol!

#13711 1 year ago

I've never experienced flipper fade either.

#13712 1 year ago

Never had it, but I don't maybe play as long or leave on my machines as long as some folks?

#13713 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

but I don't maybe play as long or leave on my machines as long as some folks?

Just having a game on will do nothing to the flipper coils. No power to them unless you’re playing.

I remember a post a while back - can’t remember what thread it was in - and some guy said after 5 minutes he couldn’t make the ramps on his Stern Iron Maiden.

Turned out he had the back legs cranked all the way out - the playfield was probably around 10 degrees high.

A lot of people don’t know that the newer games are around 6.5 ish playfield angle with the back legs screwed IN (aka not all the way out like we used to do) — totally different to older pins from the 90s and before.

Always pays to check playfield angle - it’s so easy with PinGuy. Always make sure it’s on the playfield setting and do the playfield. The glass is not attached to the playfield!

rd

#13714 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have never checked for bolt tightness but both my ACNC and HWCE suffer from flipper fatigue fast, just as my GhostbustersLE does. I will check to ensure that everything is secure but these are known titles to have hot coils so I will need cooling. My SDCE does not exhibit any flipper fatigue from our playing at this point. Just has the annoying high pitch sound which will be addressed in the next update.

I'm not talking about flipper fade. I'm just talking about somewhat weak flippers due to the coil moving around.

#13715 1 year ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

I'm not talking about flipper fade. I'm just talking about somewhat weak flippers due to the coil moving around.

oh okay, got it!

#13716 1 year ago

Just received the game today NIB from Spooky. Dumb question, but confused on how the bolt attaches from the head to the body of the pin?

See my attached pic. If that’s where it goes, does it screw in? Nothing is catching, so want to be sure.

CA3DA347-CA3E-47A8-8BEE-BD7A87540299 (resized).jpegCA3DA347-CA3E-47A8-8BEE-BD7A87540299 (resized).jpeg
#13717 1 year ago

They forgot to install the blind nut, I had one like that. Hit them up and they will send it out

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

They forgot to install the blind nut

Or it fell out when he pushed the nut in …

Have a look down in the bottom of the cabinet … may well be down there.

rd

#13719 1 year ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Just received the game today NIB from Spooky. Dumb question, but confused on how the bolt attaches from the head to the body of the pin?
See my attached pic. If that’s where it goes, does it screw in? Nothing is catching, so want to be sure.
[quoted image]

Mine was missing as well. You can get a tnut from the hardware store. I contacted spooky and they sent me them anyway.

#13720 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Mine was missing as well. You can get a tnut from the hardware store. I contacted spooky and they sent me them anyway.

Reached out and they are getting me one. Glad to know I wasn’t crazy. I knew there had to be missing hardware haha.

#13721 1 year ago

Now I don't remember if I bolted mine.... lol oops

#13722 1 year ago

Michael Myers may never truly die but the code for this game seems to have. Code updates for a year but it is already mid April and I think we have seen one update?

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Michael Myers may never truly die but the code for this game seems to have. Code updates for a year but it is already mid April and I think we have seen one update?

I would agree the code needs an update but I have not seen any communication on when that will happen. Scooby-Doo seems to be the main focus.

#13724 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

We got code at end of Feb, so it's not been that long (heck there was more than 6 month gap last year). Scooby is no doubt taking up lot of their time with testing too since they seem to have some major stuff going on with that they need addressing ASAP.

I feel it's always going to take a bit between updates for Halloween since they got to do both Ultraman and Halloween updates at same time so it's double work almost and twice the testing needed also.

#13725 1 year ago

We got code at end of Feb, so it's not been that long (heck there was more than 6 month gap last year). Scooby is no doubt taking up lot of their time with testing too since they seem to have some major stuff going on with that they need addressing ASAP.
I feel it's always going to take a bit between updates for Halloween since they got to do both Ultraman and Halloween updates at same time so it's double work almost and twice the testing needed also.

I played Halloween last night. I'm no pro at pinball but I never seem to complete 2 modes or get hedge maltiball or Jack O maltiball. I wished the code was not so difficult

#13726 1 year ago

Well the New Code for Scooby-Doo just posted......

#13727 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I played Halloween last night. I'm no pro at pinball but I never seem to complete 2 modes or get hedge maltiball or Jack O maltiball. I wished the code was not so difficult

Any game that challenges you should make you a better player in the long run. You can always just set it to 5 ball play also.

#13728 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes I think it’s one of the hardest games I have owned and had some tuff ones!

Supermaltiball lol

Drinking this might help.

3F92A340-AF79-4427-BB9D-F6B99ABE198D.gif3F92A340-AF79-4427-BB9D-F6B99ABE198D.gif
#13729 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any game that challenges you should make you a better player in the long run. You can always just set it to 5 ball play also.

I might just do that if I can get my wife to agree to it.....

#13730 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

You don't have to complete modes to get to Jack-o multiball, just play 3 modes. It is worth the work to get there.

#13731 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

You don't have to complete modes to get to Jack-o multiball, just play 3 modes. It is worth the work to get there.

I did not know that....Thanks

#13732 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Oui, je pense que c'est l'un des jeux les plus durs que j'ai possédés et j'en ai eu quelques-uns !
Supermaltiball lol
Boire cela pourrait aider.
[quoted image]

Don't Play ACNC

#13733 1 year ago

I heard that has some tight shots, I need to buy one
I had TWD for a few years and don’t know what all the fuss was about lol

#13734 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Im not a pro either, and I still haven't seen Boogeyman mode, but the more I play I eventually hit something new milestone wise so I enjoy the difficulty that keeps me coming back to reach further. The more they add the better to as it just gives me more longevity with the game.

#13735 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I had TWD for a few years and don’t know what all the fuss was about lol

It is a tight shooter, and I went and installed standard post sleeve rubbers, up from the slim that it shipped with. I had only done that because the far left slim post rubber blew out rather quickly. I do need to put slim rubbers back on though to 'open it up' a bit. The other thing with ACNC is that it is almost all posts, so a lot of brick shots. Many other pins have stand-up targets to shoot for. That would have been nice but I love the pin and give it the attention that it deserves, I do play it frequently. Another fun pin IMO.

#13736 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Well the New Code for Scooby-Doo just posted......

Must mean we are next.... right?

#13737 1 year ago

Must mean we are next.... right?

I would hope we are. I know ultra man needs some love too....

#13738 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yes you do need to buy one and yes the shots are tight, but its worth the fight! Love mine. It's one of pinballs best kept secrets and the price still reflects it (for now)

#13739 1 year ago

There are different teams working on Scooby and Halloween / UM. This has been discussed ad nauseam.

#13740 1 year ago

Taps the vein. Give me

Just downloaded the current code, not sure which it is but a pin I really liked before I’m loving now. Def the coolest game in my room

#13741 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Here is what my button was doing mid game.
[quoted image]

I've started to experience the same problem, did you get a recommendation on a fix?

#13742 1 year ago

Spooky hired one guy to finish the Halloween ultraman code, Scooby-Doo or there future games has nothing do with how long it takes for Halloween code.

#13743 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Spooky hired one guy to finish the Halloween ultraman code, Scooby-Doo or there future games has nothing do with how long it takes for Halloween code.

Spooky still is involved in game decisions, they have to determine what the coder actually can and can't do. The game design is still with the spooky crew so all decisions pertaining to modes, scoring, how things are supposed to work will fall to the folks at Spooky and not be up to the programmer. Also the spooky team is going to be the ones testing everything, approving, dealing with licensors and any asset approvals. The spooky crew is not hands off, the coder can only do so much on his own. The new modes, changes to modes, the creation of the final wizard mode, etc, all these would be with the designers and team as a whole. Any game changes, modifications, etc, again they require a team effort.

Programmers are not designers nor have full control or say on a game. They do a ton of the heavy lifting for sure, but having one guy take charge on it does not mean resources aren't divided cause one person does not make a pinball machine.

#13744 1 year ago

Unless you work for spooky I’m not really sure you can speak with any authority on how they operate. Many coders in pinball are involved in the design of the the game.

Spooky still is involved in game decisions, they have to determine what the coder actually can and can't do. The game design is still with the spooky crew so all decisions pertaining to modes, scoring, how things are supposed to work will fall to the folks at Spooky and not be up to the programmer. Also the spooky team is going to be the ones testing everything, approving, dealing with licensors and any asset approvals. The spooky crew is not hands off, the coder can only do so much on his own. The new modes, changes to modes, the creation of the final wizard mode, etc, all these would be with the designers and team as a whole. Any game changes, modifications, etc, again they require a team effort.
Programmers are not designers nor have full control or say on a game. They do a ton of the heavy lifting for sure, but having one guy take charge on it does not mean resources aren't divided cause one person does not make a pinball machine.

#13745 1 year ago

Double post.

#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from AmishPinball:

I've started to experience the same problem, did you get a recommendation on a fix?

I put the lighted flipper buttons on it as I have those on all my games. I’ve found that CGC and Spooky stock buttons are kinda cheap. I played Scooby at TPF and the action button on the lock down bar was sticking like this also. You have to spin it to get it to let go. Sucks mid game when you are having a good one. I could have asked for another set and I’m sure they would have sent them. I expect they would send another set of the same. The Britemods brand have a premium feel to them and looks cool in the amber/orange. CGC are even crappyer quality.

#13747 1 year ago
34656074-8B11-423F-940D-CA49E742E62B (resized).jpeg34656074-8B11-423F-940D-CA49E742E62B (resized).jpeg
#13748 1 year ago

I tend to agree - mainly because the last update left us with multiple issues that to me arent small. Sounds are off and the main one being the ball getting stuck on magnet not releasing until ball search. In these cases I’d hope for a MUCH quicker release.

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

#13749 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I tend to agree - mainly because the last update left us with multiple issues that to me arent small. Sounds are off and the main one being the ball getting stuck on magnet not releasing until ball search. In these cases I’d hope for a MUCH quicker release.

Although the last update was a big improvement overall the issues like you mention have stopped me from playing it, I’m holding out for the end game.
It’s a game I will be keeping so hoping they finish it soon as at the moment I’m playing it for shooting practice.

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I just played for more than an hour and never experienced an issue with the magnet. What exactly is the issue ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/275?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.