20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 339.
#1301 2 years ago

What number are they currently at in shipping?

#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

What number are they currently at in shipping?

Seems to be a complete stall with no recent updates for a least a week or two just based on what's been posted here. At roughly 12.5 games a week of HW (Spooky said 25 a week total for now), pace is going to remain sluggish.

Jeff

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I thought it was back there but just wanted to confirm. Thank you!

Check inside the cabinet towards the front. I have a USB extender by the coin door so I can update from there.

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Check inside the cabinet towards the front. I have a USB extender by the coin door so I can update from there.

In theory that is correct, but I think they are trying to eliminate variables with the some of the updates failing. The most recent recommendations were to connect directly in the backbox. Personally, I don't think the USB extender is the issue, but it is always nice to eliminate as many variables as possible.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

In theory that is correct, but I think they are trying to eliminate variables with the some of the updates failing. The most recent recommendations were to connect directly in the backbox. Personally, I don't think the USB extender is the issue, but it is always nice to eliminate as many variables as possible.

This makes sense, but I was able to use the extender to update mine to 1.02 before.

#1306 2 years ago

I think you would still be able to do that. I'm sure that was the intended purpose of the extender.

#1307 2 years ago

Right. Just giving a data point. Looking forward to 1.03.

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Seems to be a complete stall with no recent updates for a least a week or two just based on what's been posted here. At roughly 12.5 games a week of HW (Spooky said 25 a week total for now), pace is going to remain sluggish.
Jeff

We definitely have had weeks where parts issues come into play but not the last 2 weeks. 22 games this week and 21 the week before. Not sure where the complete stall idea is coming from. Morgan was a bit late on invoicing because she was at the show all weekend. We said 18 months the same as Rick and morty. Which if you do the math 1750 games in 18 months is about 22 per week average. Obviously these are the toughest supply chain times of my lifetime but I still feel confident we will get it done. My goal is to end close to 40 per week. We will be constantly hiring, training, and improving throughout. I think with shipped games, licensor/team games, and what's done in the shop getting boxed up we are right about 200 games done total.

#1309 2 years ago

Also wanted to note on the flowchart we stuck to what's very attainable. Didn't want to embellish a ton and make it seem like we are making huge extravagant over promises. We have been really pushing the code hard and hopefully we just blow through it and keep on going.

#1310 2 years ago

Awesome news Luke! You guys are killing it. You're new and learning. As always take pinside with a grain of sand. Like I've heard before, a lot of flip phone users on here

#1311 2 years ago

Completely understand not wanting to over commit - but I’m confused by the hopefully part. Is the plan to expand the rules or refine what mostly exists today?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Also wanted to note on the flowchart we stuck to what's very attainable. Didn't want to embellish a ton and make it seem like we are making huge extravagant over promises. We have been really pushing the code hard and hopefully we just blow through it and keep on going.

#1312 2 years ago

I meant hopefully blow through the flowchart ahead of time and keep on adding. I'm sure tons of new concepts and rewards will come up along the way as well.

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We definitely have had weeks where parts issues come into play but not the last 2 weeks. 22 games this week and 21 the week before. Not sure where the complete stall idea is coming from. Morgan was a bit late on invoicing because she was at the show all weekend. We said 18 months the same as Rick and morty. Which if you do the math 1750 games in 18 months is about 22 per week average. Obviously these are the toughest supply chain times of my lifetime but I still feel confident we will get it done. My goal is to end close to 40 per week. We will be constantly hiring, training, and improving throughout. I think with shipped games, licensor/team games, and what's done in the shop getting boxed up we are right about 200 games done total.

You are fine, Jeff is nothing but negativity. I thought he should rethink his purchase and got banned lol. Keep up the awesome work!!

#1314 2 years ago

Love the updates SpookyLuke ! Seeing as this is my first Spooky game it’s cool to see where the pin has started and so excited to see how it will end up. Definitely enjoying the ride.

#1315 2 years ago

Great updates so far and Nice to hear the new audio clips! Recently my game has started auto launching a ball after I pull the plunger whenever I start my 2nd ball. This is now starting my to happen every game. Quite Odd.

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Great updates so far and Nice to hear the new audio clips! Recently my game has started auto launching a ball after I pull the plunger whenever I start my 2nd ball. This is now starting my to happen every game. Quite Odd.

I think probably the switch needs to be adjusted. Must be feeding in to the shooter lane and activating the switch but then settling slightly up and going inactive then reactivation when you pull the plunger back maybe. If not send a video to service and I'm sure he can make quick work of helping ya Monday.

#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think probably the switch needs to be adjusted. Must be feeding in to the shooter lane and activating the switch but then settling slightly up and going inactive then reactivation when you pull the plunger back maybe. If not send a video to service and I'm sure he can make quick work of helping ya Monday.

Sounds good - thanks Luke. I need practice on my multiballs anyway so it will serve me well over the weekend and we’ll figure it out next week. Cool weather this weekend in Chicago so perfect time for some pinball.

#1318 2 years ago

Still struggling with code updating here.

I’ve got 1.02 off the website, put on a key, started the game…
10-15 seconds after re-start the game says ‘updating finished’ restart game.

The game did not bring this time but the code update seems awfully fast to have done anything…

The game wont show anywhere what version I have…

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

2DBE0077-7F38-4A54-B92E-DD79FE854450 (resized).png2DBE0077-7F38-4A54-B92E-DD79FE854450 (resized).png
#1320 2 years ago

Should state the version when you go into the settings menu…are you not seeing it there?

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Should state the version when you go into the settings menu…are you not seeing it there?

I just tried updating again, the game is bricked now.
Reinstalling original code for the 4th time.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just tried updating again, the game is bricked now.
Reinstalling original code for the 4th time.

Do you mean xbox360 red ring of death bricked or the game just won’t load with new code?

#1323 2 years ago

Hey all! I played this game on location and absolutely LOVED it. For those of you who own is, do you consider it a good purchase? Are you glad you did it? Because I'm seriously considering getting one.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Hey all! I played this game on location and absolutely LOVED it. For those of you who own is, do you consider it a good purchase? Are you glad you did it? Because I'm seriously considering getting one.

No regrets here. Was concerned a little bit before it arrived, but now that I’ve played it I like it a lot. And it’s Only going to get better over time.

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

No regrets here. Was concerned a little bit before it arrived, but now that I’ve played it I like it a lot. And it’s Only going to get better over time.

How has the reliability been? Some of the comments above about updating code have me concerned. The one on my location seems to spend a lot of time broken.

#1326 2 years ago

Where is there one on location? I’m not too far from Dedham.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

How has the reliability been? Some of the comments above about updating code have me concerned. The one on my location seems to spend a lot of time broken.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where is there one on location? I’m not too far from Dedham.

I'm in Florida this week. The one I'm playing is at Arcade Monsters near Orlando, unfortunately.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Nothing out of the norm of any NIB pin. Every machine I have ever bought needs a little tweaking once set up, and I own Stern, JJP, and now Spooky. I had 0 issues doing the update. Popped in the USB, turned the game on and it was updated in 2 minutes. Replaced the ramp with the new version - that took 2 minutes. Also had to re-attach a target that came loose - no big deal. Playfield is immaculate, and overall build seems solid. Only issue I am having now is that I’m currently getting multiballs on my 2nd ball plunge - will need to call in next week to see which switch I need to make an adjustment to. Overall beautiful game.

#1329 2 years ago

Did only Ultraman come with the USB extension cable?
This is a mod I performed on my R&M and TNA myself.
Kinda cool to see Spooky grabbed that and included it.

20211113_055408 (resized).jpg20211113_055408 (resized).jpg
#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Did only Ultraman come with the USB extension cable?
This is a mod I performed on my R&M and TNA myself.
Kinda cool to see Spooky grabbed that and included it.[quoted image]

In my Halloween as well. Great and cheap addition.

#1331 2 years ago

Anybody could please provide pics of where the code version is shown?
I have tried updating the code in my friend's game 5 times, it bricked everytime except for 1 time but he did not notice any changes in the game and we could not find the version installed or any signs of it.

The game is still running original code now, as it was restored using the software provided by spooky.
Not impressed to say the least.

#1332 2 years ago
20211113_101533 (resized).jpg20211113_101533 (resized).jpg
#1333 2 years ago

Installed the new ramp. Roughly 10,000x better. No rejects.

9097D704-77C7-4ECB-89E1-2E9F20B9F6B7 (resized).jpeg9097D704-77C7-4ECB-89E1-2E9F20B9F6B7 (resized).jpeg
#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Installed the new ramp. Roughly 10,000x better. No rejects.
[quoted image]

I haven't gone to install mine yet, but how many screws are needed to put it in? Mine came with 5, but it only seemingly needs 2.

#1335 2 years ago

Just two screws at the bottom. Easy off, easy on. You don’t need to remove anything.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just two screws at the bottom. Easy off, easy on. You don’t need to remove anything.

Good to hear it isn't a tough install. I'm still very much a novice with tweaks and repairs. I made the mistake of first getting into pinball when my son was a newborn and now I have a second newborn lol. So I've never had much time to focus on dialing in my machines.

Hoping mine might come with the new ramp, it's being delivered next Tuesday, but not expecting it to be.

#1337 2 years ago

I bet it has the new one. Thought I saw another recently delivered with it on already.

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good to hear it isn't a tough install. I'm still very much a novice with tweaks and repairs. I made the mistake of first getting into pinball when my son was a newborn and now I have a second newborn lol. So I've never had much time to focus on dialing in my machines.
Hoping mine might come with the new ramp, it's being delivered next Tuesday, but not expecting it to be.

Awesome, congratulations on multiple fronts! Even if you get an old ramp, you could probably hold your breath and change out the new one without a problem. All you need is a screwdriver. Remove four screws, remove the ramp, install new ramp, install two screws, and play! Nothing to remove.

Now, tweaking the demogorgon in Stranger Things about put me in the asylum...

#1339 2 years ago

89 (standard cabinet) officially in the house and having a blast so far. Game really is a stunner in person. Initial issues out of box:

1. Topper - Motor sound when the hand is moving is so loud it practically drowns out the sound of the game. Is there an easy fix?

2. Middle Ramp- Way too many rejects, ball struggles to hit the top. Is game pitch too steep @ 7? Is there an option to increase flipper power on Spooky games?

3. Judith Myers ghost insert- Weird. Is this how it is on all games?

IMG_4732 (resized).jpegIMG_4732 (resized).jpeg
#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

2. Middle Ramp- Way too many rejects, ball struggles to hit the top.

Send a picture. If it’s the old style, you’ll need a new ramp.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

89 (standard cabinet) officially in the house and having a blast so far. Game really is a stunner in person. Initial issues out of box:
1. Topper - Motor sound when the hand is moving is so loud it practically drowns out the sound of the game. Is there an easy fix?
2. Middle Ramp- Way too many rejects, ball struggles to hit the top. Is game pitch too steep @ 7? Is there an option to increase flipper power on Spooky games?
3. Judith Myers ghost insert- Weird. Is this how it is on all games?
[quoted image]

Congrats on your arrival!

My Topper does not make this noise

Center ramp is fine on mine with a good shot from left flipper. Right is harder. I am at 6.5

Yes ghost insert is like that on all so far.

#1342 2 years ago

I have just enough room to play with a friend!

73400DF9-7177-4759-8E87-73A0FB6C8732 (resized).jpeg73400DF9-7177-4759-8E87-73A0FB6C8732 (resized).jpegDD7619EA-3467-47E3-B801-0F547F087968 (resized).jpegDD7619EA-3467-47E3-B801-0F547F087968 (resized).jpeg
#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I have just enough room to play with a friend!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great setup!

#1344 2 years ago

There is no modified middle ramp

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sorry, I meant the left ramp.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Is there a setting for flipper power?

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What angle is your playfield at?

rd

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I dont think it's coded yet, didn't see it in 1.03 when I looked.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Should be default coded to the best setting for power and longevity. Cranking power up only leads to fade. If you are having trouble with your center ramp it's most likely the triple drops in the center to low or 2 high. They have a huge affect of ramp performance. It is also a 3 story high shot so it needs to be aimed and hit at full power! Not gona be one ya catch on the fly as often. If you email service some photos we could identify if anything else might be misplaced or causing rattle. Hope this helps!

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What angle is your playfield at?
rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.