IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 338.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

This is my first NIB game. The art blades seem to be a nice, scuff resistant material. Is this unique to Spooky, or is it industry standard?

I think its pretty standard. They will scuff and tear. Get yourself some art blade protectors. Works great when lifting the playfield.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a serious problem with this…

Haha which is what?

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think its pretty standard. They will scuff and tear. Get yourself some art blade protectors. Works great when lifting the playfield.

Where is the best place to find these? I am hitting a wall doing a generic search at some pinball supplies websites. Might be searching the wrong terms though.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Where is the best place to find these? I am hitting a wall doing a generic search at some pinball supplies websites. Might be searching the wrong terms though.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1255 2 years ago

is 1.03 supposed to hit this week?

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

You don't need them. Just be careful when raising and lowering the pf.

#1258 2 years ago

Ah, right on. I was searching "art blades protector." Appreciate it.

As far as not needing them. Being a newb, I don't mind investing in them, since I haven't put the playfield up and down a thousand times yet. So I am sure I am at a higher risk than most.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think it's a wise investment. Good when working on the pins too to protect the armor. One little mess up and it will ruin your day... Just my opinion of course.

#1260 2 years ago

I bought the protectors ever since i dinged up my MET pro a little bit taking the playfield down to hastily. All I will say is lift the playfield up and down very slowly - keeping things level and take your time. I just installed Mirror Blades on my GNR ( F'n awesome) and boy are they a tight fit - this is when the protectors will come in very handy!

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think it's a wise investment. Good when working on the pins too to protect the armor. One little mess up and it will ruin your day... Just my opinion of course.

They are worth their weight in gold, especially if you have multiple machines with blades. No matter how careful you are, you will eventually snag or scuff one up...especially since some machines are tighter than others. And great point about protecting the armor too. The price seems steep at first for what they are, but it's a one time investment, and a pretty small one in the scheme of what we spend money on in this hobby. I'm glad to have them every time I need to lift a pf.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

+1...great piece of mind. I've nicked 2 or 3 of mine before saying " enough us enough" .

For me, when I'm working on something, often have to raise/ lower the pf several times until I've accomplished my task. If the repair is a PITA, it gets me frustrated....that's when the mistakes happen...can't unsee it once the damage is done...

Changing out blades once pays for these...a must have..

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Haha which is what?

That you have BOTH Halloween AND Ultraman, and I had to pick only one, which is not ready from the factory. Serious problem!!

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That you have BOTH Halloween AND Ultraman, and I had to pick only one, which is not ready from the factory. Serious problem!!

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here The only problem is choosing which one to play

20211110_151112 (resized).jpg20211110_151112 (resized).jpg
#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here The only problem is choosing which one to play [quoted image]

If you could only keep one, which one would it be?

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4283dcfe940b41a57ce5de757debc11f7891c22b-1636661759-1800"};
//]]>

The only problem is choosing which one to play [quoted image]

Not what I was implying, it’s problem enough you have to choose which one to play!

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

If you could only keep one, which one would it be?

As it stands, a million percent Halloween.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

As it stands, a million percent Halloween.

Are you a fan of both themes, or do you only have UM because you backed into one through the raffle?

I'm a fan of both themes and actually bought both, because I didn't know which I'd rather have. I thought they might pull a R&M and I didn't want to pay a premium after launch if I picked the "wrong" one for me. Little did I know I could pick up either/both for steep discounts.

Anyway, do you/did you have plans to keep both, or are you just riding them out to see which one you like better after they mature? Do you like HWN so much more because you're a fan of it and not UM, or are the games in that different of a place right now?

I know I won't be keeping both, but I figure I can play them both and see which one grabs me after they develop a bit. In the meantime, hopefully they'll rebound in price before I have to unload one.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are you a fan of both themes, or do you only have UM because you backed into one through the raffle?
I'm a fan of both themes and actually bought both, because I didn't know which I'd rather have. I thought they might pull a R&M and I didn't want to pay a premium after launch if I picked the "wrong" one for me. Little did I know I could pick up either/both for steep discounts.
Anyway, do you/did you have plans to keep both, or are you just riding them out to see which one you like better after they mature? Do you like HWN so much more because you're a fan of it and not UM, or are the games in that different of a place right now?
I know I won't be keeping both, but I figure I can play them both and see which one grabs me after they develop a bit. In the meantime, hopefully they'll rebound in price before I have to unload one.

Honestly I think you can get what you paid for them now. You have the games in hand. It is the pre-order spots that are going for a discount. With Xmas coming up it would be easy to sell for full price. Just something to think about.

#1270 2 years ago

Rules flowchart is up. Code is still 1.02. Maybe tomorrow…

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The code seems pretty close although HWN is a little ahead of UM, implementation wise.

I am a huge movie HWN fan, and I had never even heard the name Ultraman before it was announced. Both cabs layout/artwork are stunning and perfect.
UM being super bright/campy/cheesy, not really my thing.
HWN theme/music/sounds being exactly my thing- and a dream theme.
I am waiting to see how UM code progresses.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lol@multiba
Great flowchart spooky!

#1273 2 years ago

The flowchart is great, but (multiba)ll... that's awesome!

#1274 2 years ago

LOL Nice one Spooky!

256083471_611077249928530_7427141373233582351_n (resized).png256083471_611077249928530_7427141373233582351_n (resized).png
#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

LOL Nice one Spooky!
[quoted image]

That is amazing! I love it.

#1276 2 years ago

Lol it make my day
Like the way these guys are, nice one Spooky

I think i will print it for my Gaming Room, it will be nice on the wall

By the way there is one little mistake here. STATGES

Capture d’e?cran 2021-11-12 a? 00.29.37 (resized).pngCapture d’e?cran 2021-11-12 a? 00.29.37 (resized).png

But who cares ?

#1277 2 years ago

ok so they are not gonna add more pumpkin modes? bc im truly hoping they do

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It only takes one time but it will happen and then you will buy them. Definitely worth while

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It only takes one time but it will happen and then you will buy them. Definitely worth while

I agree, it’s the best investment, I never lift the playfield when they are not on.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Yep I think I'd also like to see maybe 2 more. I love my mode based games, and having a couple more just ups the difficulty a little to get through to the wizard mode, gives the game bit more longevity and also reduces repetition as you have more to select from.

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep I think I'd also like to see maybe 2 more. I love my mode based games, and having a couple more just ups the difficulty a little to get through to the wizard mode, gives the game bit more longevity and also reduces repetition as you have more to select from.

I was hoping for atleast 10-12 honestly as most newer games have atleast 10. And I'm sure they will definitely add more as time marches on ,to keep the game from being too shallow. I never want too sell this game as it's a dream theme and all its missing is DEEP CODE. #159 cant get here soon enough

#1282 2 years ago

There needs to be much more to this game, honestly. Good players will blow through this ruleset in 15/ 20 mins. We need some mini wiz modes / super wizard mode / victory laps modes / side quests and even more regular modes in general.

Also…midnight slasher movie pins scream for a midnight madness mode!!! Midnight Massacre!!!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

#1283 2 years ago

Agreed - hoping they are looking at this as just the beginning

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There needs to be much more to this game, honestly. Good players will blow through this ruleset in 15/ 20 mins. We need some mini wiz modes / side quests even more regular modes in general.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e538f588720ec4c16ec7ed05c20bdc620c776e2d-1636685352-1800"};
//]]>

The only problem is choosing which one to play [quoted image]

I’d imagine a very different vibe playing those .I was actually thinking UM as I loved the cheesy surfer music and clips .Then slapped myself as I’ve wanted a true horror pin since in this hobby .Your a lucky man !

#1285 2 years ago

Halloween CE #241 Here, thought I posted that here.
Patiently waiting

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There needs to be much more to this game, honestly. Good players will blow through this ruleset in 15/ 20 mins. We need some mini wiz modes / side quests even more regular modes in general.

I don't really like to use other pins as examples (I want Spooky to do their own thing as much as possible), but generally its like one set of modes -> mini wizard 1, then another set of modes OR maybe incidental mode completion -> mini wizard 2,then maybe final wizard mode when a last set is done, and a secret wizard mode for completion of everything the pin has to offer (eg, Iron Maiden Run to the Hills, Ghostbusters Are you a God etc).

Look at Avengers - as far as rules go its absolutely mammoth. You do your gem quests, but all the time you are also assembling your Avengers as you go. Then you have a mini wizard mode for collecting Avengers, plus a mini wizard mode for playing 3 gems (one has to be Soul Gem). Then you go through next level, collect avengers again, keep doing quests -and you get to Black Order Multiball... Then again you go through and get to Battle Thanos. At the same the time you are still doing computer modes, multiballs, challenges... To get through all that takes a looooong time it's epic.

To implement that sort of thing you do need quite a lot of modes, plus quite a bit of incidental stuff, side missions etc.

EDIT: just removed my mini-wizard comment - there are indeed mini wizard modes, I just wasn't reading the flowchart correctly (doh).

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We need some mini wiz modes / side quests even more regular modes in general.

I see two mini-wizard modes (Jack-O-Lantern multiball and The Night He Came Home) and a main wizard mode (Boogeyman). I'd of course love more, but that's not bad.

#1288 2 years ago

I guess I don’t view Jack o lantern multi as a mini wiz as completing three modes is not really an incredible feat. ‘Boogeyman’ and ‘the night he comes home’ may suffice if the modes are well coded and require completion to light victory laps on both and qualify a final super wizard mode. Additional early modes would be excellent as well. That way you can have more variety in how you get to the end of the game. I have to say i also wish that the player would either play as MM OR a potential victim and not both. Aiding MM as well as his victims pulls you out of the suspense of the game imo.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I see two mini-wizard modes (Jack-O-Lantern multiball and The Night He Came Home) and a main wizard mode (Boogeyman). I'd of course love more, but that's not bad.

#1289 2 years ago

That balcony drop target is so powerful! It has blasted the ball off the upper deck three times now down onto the main playfield, when it tries to immediately pop back up underneath the ball when the stairway ramp isn't qualified. It's like the movie's balcony fall re-creation

Also the slings on this are intense sometimes, it will ricochet back and forth between slings so many times and then come flying straight up at your face and smack the glass. You can't help but flinch. Talk about jump scares! Lol

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

LOL Nice one Spooky!
[quoted image]

Haha that's a classic!! Gotta love these guys lol

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Agreed. I would love to see more mini modes as well. Something simple would be ramp shot/or orbit shot over and over again to spell out Totally.

Would also like to see something along the lines of smashing pumpkins or collecting pumpkins. Another Wizard Mode is "I shot him six times"

Also, what about a mode to take Michaels Mask off? Just trying to think of a couple other scenes from the movie that could work.

#1292 2 years ago

Is there a spare 12V connector in the backbox or cabinet? I was thinking of adding lit flipper buttons, I just need the molex and spare connector.

https://www.pinballlife.com/britemods-store.html

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Agreed. I would love to see more mini modes as well. Something simple would be ramp shot/or orbit shot over and over again to spell out Totally.
Would also like to see something along the lines of smashing pumpkins or collecting pumpkins. Another Wizard Mode is "I shot him six times"
Also, what about a mode to take Michaels Mask off? Just trying to think of a couple other scenes from the movie that could work.

Great ideas bud. Fingers crossed they add more as I'm gonna be getting mine soon and I plan on keeping it long term. Still haven't got my options email and morgan said I should be getting it anytime.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I guess I don’t view Jack o lantern multi as a mini wiz as completing three modes is not really an incredible feat. ‘Boogeyman’ and ‘the night he comes home’ may suffice if the modes are well coded and require completion to light victory laps on both and qualify a final super wizard mode. Additional early modes would be excellent as well. That way you can have more variety in how you get to the end of the game. I have to say i also wish that the player would either play as MM OR a potential victim and not both. Aiding MM as well as his victims pulls you out of the suspense of the game imo.

Well...we call Secure Control Room in JP a mini-wizard and that's only three modes to qualify..

I totally (ha) get what you are saying though. But I'm glad to see it there. It's a nice half way point mode, kind of along the lines of Hand of the King or Cherry Bomb and stuff like that. Maybe a little easier to get to than some of those, but a nice way to mix it up and a good goal for newer players.

It seems Boogeyman will be the final, hard to get "ultimate" wizard mode since it requires not just playing, but completing all of the main modes. Sounds tough to get to, which is good.

#1295 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten invoiced this week. Bc it sure has been quiet

#1296 2 years ago

Thoughts on how to expand the ruleset.

+’schoolyard bully mode’ that is only available in the blood bank after three items are collected. Shoot red shots to slow bullies down, green shots moves you out of the schoolyard, hit middle Michael Hedge to escape his grip as final mode shot.

+’Totally frenzy’ 5x scoring two ball multi only awarded on the third ball when you utilize the staged ball at the grave. All switch hits trigger various “Totally” callouts for as long as both are in play. Add the Meyers grave staged ball to the mode for 10x scoring as long as all three balls are in play. All ramps and switches score 100k except scoops which score -100k

+’Rise Again’ super wizard mode only awarded after completion of both regular wizard modes. Light roaming shots to make all three Michaels appear from the hedge. Have to trap balls to see which hedge to shoot on an LCD animation. Have one chance to hit the correct hedge for massive super jackpots. Any other switch hit resets the roaming shots and you have to start over. Timed mode, if you fail to kill him ball drains and the game ends (UNLESS you have a ball staged ball at the grave, then game rolls over but you are in:

+’Beyond the Grave victory laps mode’ awarded when you complete/survive the super wizard mode and play beyond it by use of the staged ball at the grave. Game starts over at the beginning but you play with permanent 10x scoring for as long as your alive. New song plays and callouts/ switch hit clips are different as an added suprise. Extra ball is lit after completing two modes to reward a game well played and to keep it rolling. ( ‘schoolyard bully mode’ is a requirement to play this mode as well. If you get this far and havnt played the mode you’ll here “he’s gonna get you he’s gonna get you” when the ball drains from the Meyers grave after ‘rise again’ then you’ll see the clip of Michael grabbing the kid and the game over screen)

*’Midnight Massacre’ awarded only when you are playing at midnight. An image of a creepy clock appears on screen at 11:58 as a ghost image that gets more opaque as time move toward midnight when the goes completely dark. Red GI and expression lights fade up. Screen comes back a vintage television set with static sounds then cycles through monster /sci fi movies like the kids are watching on Halloween in the movie. Animation of the kids in front watching the tv like mst3k. Stab blood targets for jackpots in three ball multi. Mode ends when only one ball remains. Game can be set to play this mode at noon as well for ‘midday madness’ so you can play it more often haha.

If you like any of these ideas get behind em, screenshot and repost em and make some noise. Spooky is listening.

Never underestimate how good people are at pinball. I can count 15 guys I know personally off the top of my head that can blow through rulesets like no one’s business. Karl (IE Pinball is not the only cat who can blow through this current ruleset twice in one game) Also half the fun in pinball to me and many others is learning, explaining and uncovering less obvious elements of rulesets to pin head friends. We are nerds at heart and nerds appreciate something they sink their teeth and brains into. End rant. Thanks for reading!

#1297 2 years ago

Can someone please chime in and let me know where the USB goes to do an update?

#1298 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211112-112721_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211112-112721_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1299 2 years ago

I thought it was back there but just wanted to confirm. Thank you!

#1300 2 years ago

Make sure you have a .050 Allen in your kit in case the topper arm is loose during shipping. Alot of Allen kits don't have that size.

20211110_114005 (resized).jpg20211110_114005 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/26?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.