IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 338.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Congrats!
Butter cab?

So remind me: what is the butter cab again?

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So remind me: what is the butter cab again?

Clearcoated direct print cabinet. $1000 add-on.

#1203 2 years ago

Has anybody contacted Spooky about the ramp fix?

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I did when I mentioned I was missing part of the topper. I have a package showing up from them today and hope it’s included as I am getting some rejects every now and then.

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I did when I mentioned I was missing part of the topper. I have a package showing up from them today and hope it’s included as I am getting some rejects every now and then.

Same. Mentioned it in a separate service email and have a package arriving today.

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

They are sending me 2 redesigned ramps when my knife shooter handle is ready..

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

They said they are sending me redesigned ramp

#1208 2 years ago

Aimed at the Stern apologists.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Clearcoated direct print cabinet. $1000 add-on.

That's right. I guess I need to see it in person to "get it". That sure is a lot of money

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am watching a YouTube video with same clips that are in our in our pinball machine. Why are our clips sooooo low resolution compared a regular YouTube video???
[quoted image]

Probably memory constraints. Look at Stern games video footage…lots of video artifacts that make things look pretty bad. R&M video looked perfect, but that was running on PROC.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I have a ramp, power cord and LED strip on the way.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's right. I guess I need to see it in person to "get it". That sure is a lot of money

If you’re going CE I think you’ll want buddah! If you have access to a WOZ EC I think it will be very similar to that. In person it looks incredible imo!

#1213 2 years ago

New clean ramp design now shipping with game, versus old design. Nice work spooky!

20211110_124139 (resized).jpg20211110_124139 (resized).jpg20211110_124218 (resized).jpg20211110_124218 (resized).jpg

#1214 2 years ago

HUGE improvement - very nice...hope it a quick and painless install.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Butter looks awesome, but honestly the decals are so glossy, I don't regret not getting it. You can see your hand in the decal reflection! So unless you want the bragging rights....

20211110_131017 (resized).jpg20211110_131017 (resized).jpg

#1216 2 years ago

Received #83 yesterday for location. Kudos to team Spooky on another title, the butter cabinet is absolutely phenomenal (as always). The powder coating reminds me of JJP Smaug. I have to say though this was probably the most difficult NIB setup I have had so far (and really wasn't terrible, just frustrating).

All of the leg bolts had to be ratcheted out the whole way as they would always get hard to turn by hand, not sure if the brackets or the screws were not good. Upon putting the legs on I had one bolt that refused to go in, had to take the leg off and put the bolt in several time to kinda re-thread it. Obviously beyond Spooky's control.

Removing the foam from the pumpkin, the green wire had broken off the flasher bulb, so I had to trim the insulation and re-solder it back to the lug. This area really needs to have some protection from air balls, being exposed like that seems to be a recipe for disaster.

The lock down bar was actually locked on top of the glass on the left side. Super glad it didn't break in transit. I inspected the glass channels, sides and back. But the left side of the glass always hung an 1/8 of an inch lower than the right, keeping the lockdown bar from fitting correctly. Maybe the cabinet is not square? Or maybe the glass is odd. Took a sheet of glass off a Stern and put it in and it worked fine. Also, the glass from HW fit fine in the Stern as it goes up further away from the lockdown bar. That's a first.

The QC testers left a ball installed in the game. Caught me by surprise when raising the playfield.

And putting the playfield down is super difficult , feels like something is binding somewhere, hell if I could tell where though. Hate forcing it into place, but that what we had to do (having the casters on the back of the playfield is strange).

Really hope good things are planned for the code as there are a few very noticeable bugs and seems to have a long way to go... and will have to look into the modified ramp (it was not installed on our machine, fair amount of rejected shots). We shipped with 1.03 code. Can you guys ask Scott to make a techno Halloween song for the game to get it pumped up?

Overall, it's a good looker and a fun shooter.

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Received #83 yesterday for location. Kudos to team Spooky on another title, the butter cabinet is absolutely phenomenal (as always). The powder coating reminds me of JJP Smaug. I have to say though this was probably the most difficult NIB setup I have had so far (and really wasn't terrible, just frustrating).
All of the leg bolts had to be ratcheted out the whole way as they would always get hard to turn by hand, not sure if the brackets or the screws were not good. Upon putting the legs on I had one bolt that refused to go in, had to take the leg off and put the bolt in several time to kinda re-thread it. Obviously beyond Spooky's control.
Removing the foam from the pumpkin, the green wire had broken off the flasher bulb, so I had to trim the insulation and re-solder it back to the lug. This area really needs to have some protection from air balls, being exposed like that seems to be a recipe for disaster.
The lock down bar was actually locked on top of the glass on the left side. Super glad it didn't break in transit. I inspected the glass channels, sides and back. But the left side of the glass always hung an 1/8 of an inch lower than the right, keeping the lockdown bar from fitting correctly. Maybe the cabinet is not square? Or maybe the glass is odd. Took a sheet of glass off a Stern and put it in and it worked fine. Also, the glass from HW fit fine in the Stern as it goes up further away from the lockdown bar. That's a first.
The QC testers left a ball installed in the game. Caught me by surprise when raising the playfield.
And putting the playfield down is super difficult , feels like something is binding somewhere, hell if I could tell where though. Hate forcing it into place, but that what we had to do (having the casters on the back of the playfield is strange).
Really hope good things are planned for the code as there are a few very noticeable bugs and seems to have a long way to go... and will have to look into the modified ramp (it was not installed on our machine, fair amount of rejected shots). We shipped with 1.03 code. Can you guys ask Scott to make a techno Halloween song for the game to get it pumped up?

Yep, me too.

Yep, me to..

I also had to pull out the switch to the scoop on the second playfield and adjust.

#1218 2 years ago

How did you adjust this switch on the second/sanitarium playfield?

Also, what was happening that made you have to adjust it? I am thinking I need to as well.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

The PF binding when lowering is probably due to the coinbox alignment rails being installed wrong so the service rail hits on top of the coinbox. I have talked with multiple owners with the same issue. Spooky told me I would have to remove the coinbox rail and slide to the right and rescrew it to be next to the blue box, so the coinbox can slide over to the right and clear the left service rail. My Hwn left service rail is tight against the coinbox, but clears. My UM was not so fortunate.

20211015_153010 (resized).jpg20211015_153010 (resized).jpg20211110_141551 (resized).jpg20211110_141551 (resized).jpg
#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yep, me too..

Both harness wires were snapped off mine as well.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

How did you adjust this switch on the second/sanitarium playfield?
Also, what was happening that made you have to adjust it? I am thinking I need to as well.

Ball would go into scoop and sit there. It worked in switch test. There is a metal bracket in there that the ball rests in when it goes into the scoop, I had to be bent it back up a little for it to activate the micro switch properly.

It actually looks like it can easily get bent down over time with ball dropping into scoop so I would not be surprised if most people will have to adjust it later in the pinball machines life.

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The PF binding when lowering is probably due to the coinbox alignment rails being installed wrong so the service rail hits on top of the coinbox. I have talked with multiple owners with the same issue. Spooky told me I would have to remove the coinbox rail and slide to the right and rescrew it to be next to the blue box, so the coinbox can slide over to the right and clear the left service rail. My Hwn left service rail is tight against the coinbox, but clears. My UM was not so fortunate.

I thought that too as it doesn't fit too well, removed the whole coin box and still have the issue.

#1223 2 years ago

Anyone else figure out how to remove the pumpkin? Doesn't seem to want to come off. I want to see if I can rotate the socket wires to the backside so they don't get smashed from scoop shots. Seems like it was assembled backwards

20211110_135702 (resized).jpg20211110_135702 (resized).jpg
#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Butter looks awesome, but honestly the decals are so glossy, I don't regret not getting it. You can see your hand in the decal reflection! So unless you want the bragging rights....
[quoted image]

I tried to tell people the same thing. Ive seen both side by side and "looks wise". the decals look "sharper" and "glossier." Rubbing your hand on them they feel "sticky" whereas the butter feels well like butter. If rubbing your machine is your thing then well....butter is the way to go!

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Probably memory constraints. Look at Stern games video footage…lots of video artifacts that make things look pretty bad. R&M video looked perfect, but that was running on PROC.

P-ROC has nothing whatsoever to do with the high-def video seen in modern games. P-ROC just provides the interface between a computer and the hardware items (switches/lamps/coils/etc).

#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone else figure out how to remove the pumpkin? Doesn't seem to want to come off. I want to see if I can rotate the socket wires to the backside so they don't get smashed from scoop shots. Seems like it was assembled backwards
[quoted image]

the pumpkin is just glued to the base of the bulb. just push down and turn to remove, just as you would any bulb.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

The pumpkin is attached to the lightbulb. Just remove the bulb and the pumpkin comes with it.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

The way the pumpkin is mounted needs redesigned. Hopefully that is on Spooky’s “to do” list.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I tried to tell people the same thing. Ive seen both side by side and "looks wise". the decals look "sharper" and "glossier." Rubbing your hand on them they feel "sticky" whereas the butter feels well like butter. If rubbing your machine is your thing then well....butter is the way to go!

Lmao

#1230 2 years ago

Thank you Spooky for the new ramp design - easy install and is a nice upgrade. replacement topper pieces arrived as well - Both look outstanding.

#1231 2 years ago

Man, lots of bugs with 1.02. I sent many to Bug, but there are a few that prevent you from progressing. Sanitarium mode won’t leave the drop target down, so the mode never ends. The house mode won’t time out, and if stacked with Bob and Linda, there’s nothing you can do but drain to get out of the mode.

Hopefully the next update with address these bugs. I thought 1.01 was pretty stable.

#1232 2 years ago

I posted this in the IPS thread, but thought some of you might want to see. You've seen true level, well here is true black. I just finished my IPS monitor swap. Before and after pic.

Halloween is now my second favorite game, threatening LOTR for top spot, and if you know me, that is saying alot! I love this theme so much.

Playing it at home, in the quiet darkness, alone, is WAY better than playing it on location.

20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I posted this in the IPS thread, but thought some of you might want to see. You've seen true level, well here is true black. I just finished my IPS monitor swap. Before and after pic.
Halloween is now my second favorite game, threatening LOTR for top spot, and if you know me, that is saying alot! I love this theme so much
[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you settings on the original? Not saying the replacement doesn’t look better, just want to compare apples to apples.

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What are you settings on the original? Not saying the replacement doesn’t look better, just want to compare apples to apples.

Settings on original are factory/spooky settings.

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Settings on original are factory/spooky settings.

Ah. If you drop the brightness and increase the contrast to 100% on the original, it makes a big difference…not by my machine, but much better than the original photo/settings.

#1236 2 years ago

Just a photo from my library of my settings.

3F36E675-C611-431E-91A6-713655DA0A0B (resized).jpeg3F36E675-C611-431E-91A6-713655DA0A0B (resized).jpeg
#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just a photo from my library of my settings.
[quoted image]

Another thing to note is I am taking my pictures from identical spots on identical screen images, *from up high*, in my post. Your image is from down low level with the monitor. If I got down low on the stock one it looks better. But us tall guys gotta rock the IPS to avoid the wash
(I'm 6'2")

Step into the player position, hit the start button, put the camera up to your eye, wait for the graphic lightning not to flash, and snap the pic. I am curious

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Another thing to note is I am taking my pictures from identical spots on identical screen images, *from up high*, in my post. Your image is from down low level with the monitor. If I got down low on the stock one it looks better. But us tall guys gotta rock the IPS to avoid the wash
(I'm 6'2")

Guess it’s good to not be tall

#1239 2 years ago

Lighting is different, but the blacks are similar and a higher view…

A3587D7B-323E-4464-BF8C-AF486408BC69 (resized).jpegA3587D7B-323E-4464-BF8C-AF486408BC69 (resized).jpeg

7AA0156F-4F5F-490E-9F69-D175BA0BCD8F (resized).jpeg7AA0156F-4F5F-490E-9F69-D175BA0BCD8F (resized).jpeg
#1240 2 years ago

Got word that my #79 shipped out today. Should arrive with time to get it setup for my birthday. Can't wait to check it out

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Got word that my #79 shipped out today. Should arrive with time to get it setup for my birthday. Can't wait to check it out

Congrats !Nice Birthday present there .

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks nice and warm outside. Your Cornish Rex must love that weather. Ours lives in winter and hates it!

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, your cat looks JUST like the dude in Nightmare Before Christmas!

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks nice and warm outside. Your Cornish Rex must love that weather. Ours lives in winter and hates it!

It’s getting colder! Winter weather advisory back home…we are on vacation for the next few days. Sinder (the Cornish Rex) is 12…getting to be an old cat. And yes, he too hates cold and loves warmth.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Man, lots of bugs with 1.02. I sent many to Bug, but there are a few that prevent you from progressing. Sanitarium mode won’t leave the drop target down, so the mode never ends. The house mode won’t time out, and if stacked with Bob and Linda, there’s nothing you can do but drain to get out of the mode.
Hopefully the next update with address these bugs. I thought 1.01 was pretty stable.

I’ve been playing 1.03 beta and it’s way better. It should be available soon.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, your cat looks JUST like the dude in Nightmare Before Christmas!

This is our dog “Oogie boogie”

B93A8C91-AF7D-4571-8FA6-186B140D3C26 (resized).jpegB93A8C91-AF7D-4571-8FA6-186B140D3C26 (resized).jpeg
#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’ve been playing 1.03 beta and it’s way better. It should be available soon.

Awesome, that’s what I figured. I know they’re all over it.

#1248 2 years ago

I moved Halloween over by its brother

20211110_193804 (resized).jpg20211110_193804 (resized).jpg
#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I moved Halloween over by its brother
[quoted image]

I have a serious problem with this…

#1250 2 years ago

This is my first NIB game. The art blades seem to be a nice, scuff resistant material. Is this unique to Spooky, or is it industry standard?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/25?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.