IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 339.
#12901 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

I thought this was a left ramp issue

They sent me 2 ramps. Left and center. Or maybe the ramp for the upper playfield. I would have to check again.

#12902 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are all #32.

My wife is 32B.

#12904 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

When I hit the green button it won’t open up
[quoted image]

Press start button. Not green coin door button.

#12905 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Play with the diverter servo settings. It will be trial and error. There should be a happy medium where you can make either left or right diverter shots from either flipper most of the time. I have never gotten it 100% perfect, but you can get it pretty good. I am so thankful for the menu setting as before that you had to physically tweak the diverter, either from the slop in the screw hole tolerance or rotating it an entire tooth. Now there is much finer adjustments possible much easier. But it takes a little time to dial in. What is perfect from the left flipper may not be good for the right flipper because of how the ball rides up the fairly wide ramp. It will likely never be perfect but it can get much better!

OK…I opened up the diverter a little to allow balls to the house!!!

Thanks for the tip as it is working…

Now the knocker goes off after every game as if it is a match even though it isn’t and the blood collection screen is staying on when the game is over…has anyone else encountered this???

#12906 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Now the knocker goes off after every game as if it is a match even though it isn’t and the blood collection screen is staying on when the game is over…has anyone else encountered this???

What version are you running?

#12907 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What version are you running?

#12908 1 year ago

The knocker thing I haven't seen, but others have had the blood screen bug. I never got it, could be related to the computer in the pin perhaps as they have gone through several types during production I think.

#12909 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Enjoy it. You can never have too many knockers in your life.

#12910 1 year ago

Unboxed CE #775 today. Gorgeous machine and no issues out of the box. Looking forward to the new code update. My first Spooky pin and this thing came as advertised. Don't see this one leaving the collection anytime soon. Cheers!Pinball (resized).jpgPinball (resized).jpg

#12911 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Unboxed CE #775 today. Gorgeous machine and no issues out of the box. Looking forward to the new code update. My first Spooky pin and this thing came as advertised. Don't see this one leaving the collection anytime soon. Cheers![quoted image]

Beautiful! I got mine a week ago.

Hey do your speakers pop like crazy when you turn it on? I turned down my amp volume and stuff but it’s like fireworks when I turn on.

#12912 1 year ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Beautiful! I got mine a week ago.
Hey do your speakers pop like crazy when you turn it on? I turned down my amp volume and stuff but it’s like fireworks when I turn on.

There's a brief "little pop" from the speakers i'd say when I power it up, but nothing of significance. It's barely noticeable, honestly. Game sounds fine once it starts.

#12913 1 year ago

Yea it pops when you first turn it on

#12914 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Yes, I've had the exact same bug happen to me. The knocker would go off after every game and the blood collection graphic and player one graphic stayed on screen after the game had ended. After I turning the game off and back on, the problem never returned.

D3B74FA1-AB28-40DD-8C58-AD854F7EE935 (resized).jpegD3B74FA1-AB28-40DD-8C58-AD854F7EE935 (resized).jpeg
#12915 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Yes, I've had the exact same bug happen to me. The knocker would go off after every game and the blood collection graphic and player one graphic stayed on screen after the game had ended. After I turning the game off and back on, the problem never returned.
[quoted image]

Ya, I turned it off for an hour and it went away!!!

Weird

#12916 1 year ago

OK, now most of my playfield lights are not working…any ideas???

#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

OK, now most of my playfield lights are not working…any ideas???

Playfield or the strip lights along the upper playfields?

#12918 1 year ago

The led strips and the centre ramp are pretty much all that is working

#12919 1 year ago

When I do a light test only the above mentioned lights come on

#12920 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

When I do a light test only the above mentioned lights come on

Check all connections. Usually the culprit.

#12921 1 year ago

Centre ramp blade, centre ramp hand, and bank 3 work…the rest not so much

#12922 1 year ago

Any chances that the new update is gonna get coop? Would be fun chasing Michael with friends.

#12923 1 year ago

I think I'm more excited for this next update than I was for 1.0.9 - I don't know for sure, but it seems like Matt is putting in some serious work for it.

#12924 1 year ago

OK, according to the light test the first 3 lights work. The problem starts with the middle drop target and none of the lights in the chain work after that….I couldn’t find any loose connections so now I’m stuck…

#12925 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

OK, according to the light test the first 3 lights work. The problem starts with the middle drop target and none of the lights in the chain work after that….I couldn’t find any loose connections so now I’m stuck…

The insert light boards are daisy chained together. Kind of like old Christmas lights. If one light fails, the rest down the line will not work. Follow the insert led wires and find where the lights quit working. Swap out that board with a spare that came with the game in the coin box.

#12926 1 year ago

Thanks Jakers!!!

Working good now!!!

#12927 1 year ago

New code just dropped! Woohoo! Thanks Spooky.

#12929 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

New code just dropped! Woohoo! Thanks Spooky.

Lets hear how it goes! Middle of a power outage over here off course

#12930 1 year ago

Hey everyone, here's the change log, as always, please email me at [email protected] with any bugs or issues you find, thanks to everyone who has already sent me stuff!

What’s new in v1.10

Sanitarium mode
- added new menu option SANITARIUM TIMER
- EASY: 30 second timer, targets increase time, access middle playfield via center ramp > upper playfield
- MEDIUM: 30 second timer, only right ramp gets to middle playfield
- HARD: no timer and only right ramp gets to middle playfield

Tombstone Multiball
- Tombstone Multiball is now a featured 2-ball multiball. Orange shots award jackpots. Tombstone target awards super jackpot and increases jackpot values.
- Tombsone Multiball is stackable with other modes and multiballs.
- 2x scoring when Tombstone Multiball is running.
- qualifying shots for Tombstone Multiball will spawn hurry-up orange shots at the knife handles to qualify upcoming expert mode. Right now they just award points.
- lights for this are red now so they show through orange plastic protectors
- skipping the "Young Michael" video doesn't release the captured ball like it sometimes used to

- Eye of the Needle aka Dirty Pool shot is back! Shoot between the drop targets and up the ramp for 2x scoring and to instantly open the House
- when in House MB, you can hold a ball in the Sanitarium scoop for bigger jackpot scores
- when in Sanitarium MB, you can hold a ball on the balcony for bigger jackpot scores
- on screen instructions should display better, but these are still a work-in-progress, so bear with us
- new film clips added to many places
- moved the "active stack" info to the top left of screen
- menu option to turn extra balls off (option to turn off ballsave coming soon)
- when in pay-to-play mode, credits wont be used past four players (pesky kids won't be such an issue any more)
- double flipping no longer force skipping film clips that don't hold up play
- "speed kills" is louder
- ball search now behaving better, putting it on hold while you watch film clips, especially the long ones
- extra knock removed when Michael gets stabbed with the coat hanger
- Bob and Lynda "nail filing" video now plays properly with sound
- save ball timers start at the end of mode introduction videos
- screen should all look right now after entering initials for a high score
- fixed the tilt screen sometimes showing the scores UI
- fixed the menu screens sometimes bleeding drops!
- exiting the menu restarts the machine properly, shouldn't be any extra text hanging around on screen
- your USBs will now be freed up from "empty" log files being copied every time you put them in. Now they'll only appear if something actually went wrong. So if you see one, please email it to [email protected], thanks!
- crash screen (hopefully you never see this!) has much more useful information, if you can take a photo and send it to [email protected] that would be amazing. Lots of extra code robustness added, and better error handling throughout the game
- cleaned out the menu option "servo settings" that didn't do anything
- lots more behind the scenes improvements and optimizations
- replay text can be turned off with menu option

Improvements AFTER this update is installed:
- Mac users can update as easily as everyone else going forward (see new details on the update page https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/hwn-um-update-process/ for how Mac users can install updates in the meantime)
- Machine settings will be saved across updates in future (unless they've been moved or changed in some way)

#12931 1 year ago

Gonna load it up now!!

#12932 1 year ago

Enjoy everybody!

#12933 1 year ago

Pumped to add this

#12934 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Enjoy everybody!

Installing it now! Thanks for the hard work over there!

#12935 1 year ago

Maybe I missed it, but how do we actually start tombstone multi ball?

#12936 1 year ago

I'm getting an error when I try to update the code, says try a new usb stick, this is the same one I used to do the last update.

Anyone else running into this?

#12937 1 year ago

Wow!! Got Goosebumps when don’t fear the reaper played!!The volume is much higher now just makes the mode 10x better.

A long time owner I must say it was a very weird feeling playing a full game with no bugs or issues.
Absolutely best update to date for this game.Actually could say the code is smooth as butter now.
Great job Spooky!

#12938 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm getting an error when I try to update the code, says try a new usb stick, this is the same one I used to do the last update.

Does your file name have a (1) or some other number in it?
I had to delete it for this one.

#12939 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Make sure the old update was deleted or renamed on your pc.
The file you put on the usb has to read exactly code_H78.pkg double check your pc didn’t add a 1.

#12940 1 year ago

Whooo hoo, thanks!!!

#12941 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wow!! Got Goosebumps when don’t fear the reaper played!!The volume is much higher now just makes the mode 10x better.

Sweet! I was bummed when I didn’t see anything about this in the update since it was at the top of my wishlist.

#12942 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Sweet! I was bummed when I didn’t see anything about this in the update since it was at the top of my wishlist.

Cant wait to upload and play tomorrow!

#12943 1 year ago

This update is a huge improvement. No weird bugs at all. Lots of polish. Things are looking up. So far so good here!

#12944 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

This update is a huge improvement. No weird bugs at all. Lots of polish. Things are looking up. So far so good here!

Good to here. We're already starting on the next updates.

PS: There is a lot of new strategy with this update and choosing what you want to stack with that Tombstone Multiball (2X Playfield).

#12945 1 year ago

Thank you Team Spooky! This continues to solidify the choice that so many of us made to buy the game and to support Spooky with another purchase (SD). I'm elated to know that even more is coming with HW!

I still get contacted occasionally to see if I would sell my ACNC. No chance.

#12946 1 year ago

Great update!

I did encounter something odd, it happened both times I was in Bob/Linda mode. After completing the drop targets, going to the 3rd playfield, knocking the drop target down, and getting across the top passover, it seems like the upper playfield diverter was stuck to allowing me to get back on the 3rd playfield. If you are up there, and shoot across the passover, nothing happens. The game has to go into ball search, to drop the ball down. I got it to consistently do it, every time I was up there after the first trip across the passover area.

#12947 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

A long time owner I must say it was a very weird feeling playing a full game with no bugs or issues.
Absolutely best update to date for this game.Actually could say the code is smooth as butter now.
Great job Spooky!

Awesome. I got my recently and finally got Don’t Fear the Reaper today before the code update. Hope I can get it again now!

Halloween was my first pin and am obsessed.

#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Great update!
I did encounter something odd, it happened both times I was in Bob/Linda mode. After completing the drop targets, going to the 3rd playfield, knocking the drop target down, and getting across the top passover, it seems like the upper playfield diverter was stuck to allowing me to get back on the 3rd playfield. If you are up there, and shoot across the passover, nothing happens. The game has to go into ball search, to drop the ball down. I got it to consistently do it, every time I was up there after the first trip across the passover area.

That was in the old version too

Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: There is a lot of new strategy with this update and choosing what you want to stack with that Tombstone Multiball (2X Playfield).

Well we thought it was 2x this whole time so we're used to the strategy

#12949 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Great update!

This happened to me on my last game tonight. Had to wait for the ball search to get the ball back in play.

#12950 1 year ago

Got a few games in on 1.10

-Started bob/linda. Was playing and 5 seconds later another ball was auto launched for no reason.
-When draining and Loomis end speech starts, if you double flipper button to skip to the new ball, the new Loomis speech starts which overlaps on top of the previous speech.
-Pumpkin carving noise kept playing when draining and Loomis end speech starts on top of it.
-The loomis speech "Michael Myers is in hell!" is super lower than the rest of his callouts which seems like it should be the opposite?
-Hit dirty pool standup and then ricochet, but then shot back up through dirty pool shot hole and then a new ball launched for no reason.
-Was in Laurie Slashes Back mode and hit left standup at left ramp and heard knocker fire once with a weak hit. Not sure what replay default was, I was still below 30mil

Wishlist-
-allow freeplay to stay enabled through code updates
-Was diverter adjustment removed?
-Still requesting a skippable ball hold after pumpkin menu selection, until mode instructions appear on screen and mission rules are established by player.
-When shooting the pumpkin to panic restart a multiball, there are no balls on the field and a new ball launches normally which you are watching fire around the orbit screaming half way down the playfield, as the one you left in the pumpkin slips quietly away into the drain out of sight, ending your newly restarted multiball that you haven't even touched yet. ~5 second ball save for that scenario please?

I love this pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/259?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.