IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 340.
#12851 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

You mean why he says it twice? In the movie he’s trying to remember what plot she was in the cemetery after being asked so he repeated it to himself.

Ah cool beans - really need to rematch the film; haven't seen it in years!

#12852 1 year ago

So excited, will be watching that ultraman video.

#12853 1 year ago

Hello... is there someone out there that makes the stickers for the 3 drop targets? The stickers are of the masks in Halloween 3. Please text me. 701.224.0300 thank you.

#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m happy to mail these to those who would like a set.
These are the first run version. I may improve them. They are printed on a clear decal that is fairly thick, like mylar.
Easy to apply without taking the drops off. Just power on the game and press start to pop up the 3 targets. Power off. Place your finger behind each drop and hold them forward (press backward and they will drop!). Apply the decals near the top edge and center. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hello.. I see this message is a little old.. so I hope you still get this. Could I please get a set of the Halloween 3 stickers to put on my drop targets? Please text me at 701.224.0300. Thank you!

#12855 1 year ago

Has anyone else had the centre drop target issue and been able to resolve it?; the left drop target on my machine (in front of the centre ramp) after a few games gets stuck down and doesn't reset - this also stops the centre and right drop targets in the bank from being able to go all the way down.
Looking under the PF I can see that the cause of this is the let target slipping out of the reset mech/plate below, so the mech can't push the target back up and the mech also can't go all thr way back down (thus stopping the other two target from coming all the way down)

I can temporarily fix by popping the left target back in, but after a handful of games, I get same issue (annoying having to take the glass off and left the PF every time)

Is there a proper fix? (I've mentioned it directly to spooky and distributor)

I also realised the washed out screen is because of the viewing angle (looks fine of you bend down with eyes level to the screen, but from a playing angle it looks washed out; greys instead of blacks etc) - I'm guessing there's no way to deal with that?

Anyway, I see the next code update is imminent - so looking forward to to that

#12856 1 year ago

Not had any drop target issues yet so can’t help there, sorry.

As for the screen, yes if you lower your height it doesn’t look too bad. I gave up worrying about it once I adjusted as much as I could.
Two options, first take the screen out and angle it putting black foam where the gaps will be. Second one is somebody sells a screen upgrade which is supposed to improve it. Should be for sale on here somewhere.

Edit https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/05321-upgraded-ips-lcd-for-spooky-pinball-machines

#12857 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Not had any drop target issues yet so can’t help there, sorry.
As for the screen, yes if you lower your height it doesn’t look too bad. I gave up worrying about it once I adjusted as much as I could.
Two options, first take the screen out and angle it putting black foam where the gaps will be. Second one is somebody sells a screen upgrade which is supposed to improve it. Should be for sale on here somewhere.
Edit https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/05321-upgraded-ips-lcd-for-spooky-pinball-machines

The screen doesn't bother me too much really; it's not like it hinders gameplay or anything, but may look at the black foam option as suggested.
I see the replacement screen is like $265 or something, so I can defo live with the current one

#12858 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Has anyone else had the centre drop target issue and been able to resolve it?; the left drop target on my machine (in front of the centre ramp) after a few games gets stuck down and doesn't reset - this also stops the centre and right drop targets in the bank from being able to go all the way down.
Looking under the PF I can see that the cause of this is the let target slipping out of the reset mech/plate below, so the mech can't push the target back up and the mech also can't go all thr way back down (thus stopping the other two target from coming all the way down)
I can temporarily fix by popping the left target back in, but after a handful of games, I get same issue (annoying having to take the glass off and left the PF every time)
I also realised the washed out screen is because of the viewing angle (looks fine of you bend down with eyes level to the screen, but from a playing angle it looks washed out; greys instead of blacks etc) - I'm guessing there's no way to deal with that?

While you are waiting for Spooky to get back to you, here's what I would do.
Flip the playfield up, look ate the connectors for the 3-drop assembly - should be one for the reset coil and one for the switches.
Disconnect those and unscrew and pull the entire assembly out and look at it carefully.
Work the targets up and down and what is causing your issues may be apparent when it's all working right in front of you.

That may clear it up.

RussMyers

#12859 1 year ago

Good time to remove the assembly from the game and take a look at it from the bench,these are very simple mechs but maybe you will see the problem playing with it off the game!

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

While you are waiting for Spooky to get back to you, here's what I would do.
Flip the playfield up, look ate the connectors for the 3-drop assembly - should be one for the reset coil and one for the switches.
Disconnect those and unscrew and pull the entire assembly out and look at it carefully.
Work the targets up and down and what is causing your issues may be apparent when it's all working right in front of you.
That may clear it up.
RussMyers

Yes that!

#12861 1 year ago

The screen doesn't bother me too much really; it's not like it hinders gameplay or anything, but may look at the black foam option as suggested.
I see the replacement screen is like $265 or something, so I can defo live with the current one

I would love it to look right, just seen you can get an OLED screen for under £200, importing that other one is not cheap!
The foam idea might work out well and is cheap.

#12862 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

From the changes to UM it looks like 1.10 or whatever it will be for Halloween is gonna be a much more impactful update than 1.09 was. So if things are the exactly the same and from whats been hinted at, it's sounding like:
- So like already been said coming, a timer on Sanitarium MB start, 30 seconds or it ends. Upper playfield is open to allow you to drain down to have another route to get back to the sanitarium playfield to make it easier. These will be on by default in the settings, you can alter it to be without the upper playfield, or to play hard mode which is how the game currently like.
- Judith target, so from the UM stream version of this shot. Hitting the target will light up targets on the play field which you can collect for points it sounds like. You also need to collect a number of these new shots to qualify for the new pumpkin mode "first kill" which has been teased with the last code update and is shown in the pumpkin menu.
- Releasing the ball from the Judith lock now will be an official MB with actual jackpot targets once the ball is released, and this can be done during other modes apparently too.
- It looks like during house attack MB, you have a chance to lock a ball in the scoop, and in doing so it will double jackpot values, so that sounds like theres going to be lot more scoring coming up.
Those seem like the changes coming if it's 1 with Ultraman. These are all great sounding changes, giving quicker play, more scoring opportunities, and bigger points. The changes to Judith shot sound great

Sounds awesome...Can't wait

#12863 1 year ago

After going through the video. Next update seems like a winner. Definitely adds some more strategy with a good dose of risk/reward. The 2x jackpots holds, a true Judith multi, and 2x playfield now working through the drops, should really make for some interesting decision making.

Thank the lord for sanatorium timer.

Now here’s an idea I floated Matt that sounded fun to me. As noticed the dirty pool was missing on 1.09. But that meant you could loop it, of course with no real reward. But I have made 4 in a row. Seems like would be a satisfying place to put a progressive loop shot. Of course it would just switch back to normal after another switch was triggered. I don’t I always like a good loop and it’s not like that should be too spamable.

Very excited to load this up, with my luck it will be Wednesday right after my PSVR2 shows up. Lol

#12864 1 year ago

The new stuff sounds like it will give us some new video/art assets probably? Assume Ultraman has some new ones with the new Science Team stuff shown off which would be Judith target on Halloween. Assume new assets are also gonna be needed for the all new First Kill mode, excited for that... imagine the first person Micheal stalking through the house clips?

The update coming sounds like it's really gonna change things up which I'm happy about, making a more complete feeling game with some definite speed up and more scoring potential which always excites. New mode to come also is exciting.

So we still got the last wizard mode to look forward to with 'The Night He Came Home', wonder where that comes in

#12865 1 year ago

After 2000+ games my lower hedge michael servo finally died. Is there some secret to disconnecting the servo wire from this adapter piece? I can't seem to get it unplugged for the life of me. Otherwise it looks like a pretty easy swap.

PXL_20230220_183403836 (resized).jpgPXL_20230220_183403836 (resized).jpg
#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

After 2000+ games my lower hedge michael servo finally died. Is there some secret to disconnecting the servo wire from this adapter piece? I can't seem to get it unplugged for the life of me. Otherwise it looks like a pretty easy swap.
[quoted image]

Once you get some slack on the wires it'll come apart pretty easily. If I recall correctly there's a zip tie you can cut to get slack. Otherwise follow the wire underneath the playfield and you'll be able to free up some of the extra wire.

#12867 1 year ago

The LCD has contrast, brightness and gamma adjustments on the back of it, you can play around with those settings and get a dramatic improvement.

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

The LCD has contrast, brightness and gamma adjustments on the back of it, you can play around with those settings and get a dramatic improvement.

Yes.

Refer to this key post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/68#post-6773927

rd

#12869 1 year ago

The viewing angle is poor, at least mine is, let’s be real it isn’t a high end display.
But the suggested settings definitely didn’t look great on mine, in fact really crushed blacks and lost lots of detail. I’ve used meters and calibrated many displays, so I feel I have some idea on what things should look like. I did dial it in and it looks better. It might be my height 6’4”, but it’s still washed out unless I crouch.

Reminds me a VA panels in tvs, where you need a sweet spot for optimal viewing.

There can be significant differences in calibration from factory. Unless it’s a Sony, I’ve seen 2 displays from the same batch completely different in contrast and color. So use the recommended settings as a guide and work from there.

TLDR; color calibration varies from display to display.

#12870 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:The viewing angle is poor, at least mine is, let’s be real it isn’t a high end display.
But the suggested settings definitely didn’t look great on mine, in fact really crushed blacks and lost lots of detail. I’ve used meters and calibrated many displays, so I feel I have some idea on what things should look like. I did dial it in and it looks better. It might be my height 6’4”, but it’s still washed out unless I crouch.
Reminds me a VA panels in tvs, where you need a sweet spot for optimal viewing.
There can be significant differences in calibration from factory. Unless it’s a Sony, I’ve seen 2 displays from the same batch completely different in contrast and color. So use the recommended settings as a guide and work from there.
TLDR; color calibration varies from display to display.

I don’t have a R&M, but I believe there’s an upgrade for that game - probably something similar exists for this one - maybe even the same exact display.

#12871 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t have a R&M, but I believe there’s an upgrade for that game - probably something similar exists for this one - maybe even the same exact display.

There is but someone bought it and said it was not much better than just adjusting the stock monitor.
Here’s what I used.

65 contrast
brightness 35
Gamma on

#12872 1 year ago

I had this problem and disassembled the mech multiple times. The solution that finally worked for me was to bend the coil stop a little greater than it’s current 90 degree angle in a vice (just a little) this pushed the coil tighter to the mech and prevented the slop in the assembly from letting the fingers slide out of the drop targets.

#12873 1 year ago

Here is one thing I'd check with your triple drop target bank. It is possible for the return lever to slip inside of the drop target, which would affect the ability for the drop target from raising back up.

20230221_093148 (resized).jpg20230221_093148 (resized).jpg

#12874 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is one thing I'd check with your triple drop target bank. It is possible for the return lever to slip inside of the drop target, which would affect the ability for the drop target from raising back up.
[quoted image]

Hi yes, as I mentioned above, this is exactly what is happening. 3 times now I've popped the target back in to place and every time after a few games I end up with the same problem
Looking forward to having friends over in a couple of week and being able to show the game off, but it's going to be a nightmare* having to switch off the machine, take the glass off and sort it out in the middle of a party (in a small flat) and wish there was a quick fix I could apply without having to remove the whole mech to investigate/diagnose.
*first world problems an'that....

Granted, I've only had the game a few days or so, but I'm genuinely loving the game and look forward to not having this issue at some point (that and the new code...!

#12875 1 year ago

Hello Halloween Owners,

I just purchased CE 154. I haven’t got a lot of plays yet but I am loving it thus far!!!!

#12876 1 year ago

Congratulations on an amazing game that’s going to be even better!

#12877 1 year ago

Speaking of displays, I replaced mine with this and it’s MUCH better than the stock display….

SCREENARAMA New Screen Replacement for NV156FHM-N4M, FHD 1920x1080, IPS, Matte, LCD LED Display with Tools https://a.co/d/9MJhoIj

HDMI Controller Driver Board for 11.6'' 13.3'' 14'' 15.6'' 1920x1080 30 Pin eDP (not for 1366x768) LCD Screen https://a.co/d/cnaP8cd

The display is actually for sale now for $12 less than when I bought it last fall.

399CCEFF-2CF3-4E6F-B5CE-6438C2A46CEB (resized).jpeg399CCEFF-2CF3-4E6F-B5CE-6438C2A46CEB (resized).jpeg946B369D-FEAF-4FFC-B67E-78B8BC063F81 (resized).jpeg946B369D-FEAF-4FFC-B67E-78B8BC063F81 (resized).jpeg
#12878 1 year ago

Any rumors on the actual date of the new code 1.10?

#12879 1 year ago

One Spooky pair!

467BE070-FD31-4A79-A01E-413F74A250D7 (resized).jpeg467BE070-FD31-4A79-A01E-413F74A250D7 (resized).jpegE52D36D6-7856-4F7B-B602-6A0A8405EBF6 (resized).jpegE52D36D6-7856-4F7B-B602-6A0A8405EBF6 (resized).jpeg
#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One Spooky pair!
[quoted image][quoted image]

What number are you and did you go pick it up? Congrats! Waiting for #32. Hopefully ships out tomorrow.

#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One Spooky pair!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s two good lookin pins right there!!!

#12883 1 year ago

I thought the douche canoe was #32

#12884 1 year ago

There’s more than one douche canoe in this lake haha

Quoted from finnflash:

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Not douche canoe and it wasn’t funny the first time nor this. Just a jealous POS decided to add that. And he also thought the shrink wrap spooky uses would stick to the cabinet decals and pull them off.

#12886 1 year ago

You seem like a good enough guy with absolutely no self awareness but I can assure you that no one is jealous of anyone here.

Your Constant Reminder of the number 32 is like fingers down a chalk board at this point.

It just so happens that 32 and Scooby Doo and well the canoe thingy all rhyme so…… here we all are!?!

Relax, you will get your pinball machine

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not douche canoe and it wasn’t funny the first time nor this. Just a jealous POS decided to add that. And he also thought the shrink wrap spooky uses would stick to the cabinet decals and pull them off.

#12888 1 year ago

Damn it man……No more 32!!!!!!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are all #32.

#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

You know the warning noise and flashing lights when the ball is about to come up from the subway?
On my right side (Dr Loomis) I get that warning noise/flashing lights one or two times after the ball already came up. It doesn't do this every time but it's common enough that it happens every game and it's only on the right side.
Any idea on how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

How many Halloween owners are experiencing this?

I called Spooky and AJ sent me replacement optos. I installed them and it didn't make the issue go away. I did notice the way the holes are drilled on the playfield makes them not line up perfectly. I adjusted one opto by removing a screw so I could rotate it towards the other one; that maybe helped a little but the issue is still there.

IMG_20230220_141755 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_141755 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_141910 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_141910 (resized).jpg
#12890 1 year ago

Excited for the update, I was feeling a bit down on the game after 1.09 release and the delay, but seems like the game is gonna start really coming together play wise with the next update.

#12891 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Damn it man……No more 32!!!!!!

This whole 32 thing reminds me of when the same guy was waiting for his stranger things topper

#12892 1 year ago

I’ve noticed that most of the middle ramp rejects on my machine are when I need to get to the house…anyone know the fix for this???

Also, whoever keeps the spreadsheet I am the new owner of CE 154.

I am loving the game but would like to resolve the middle ramp issue

#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

I’ve noticed that most of the middle ramp rejects on my machine are when I need to get to the house…anyone know the fix for this???

Play with the diverter servo settings. It will be trial and error. There should be a happy medium where you can make either left or right diverter shots from either flipper most of the time. I have never gotten it 100% perfect, but you can get it pretty good. I am so thankful for the menu setting as before that you had to physically tweak the diverter, either from the slop in the screw hole tolerance or rotating it an entire tooth. Now there is much finer adjustments possible much easier. But it takes a little time to dial in. What is perfect from the left flipper may not be good for the right flipper because of how the ball rides up the fairly wide ramp. It will likely never be perfect but it can get much better!

#12894 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Play with diverter setting as said, also make sure the machine isn't pitched to high

#12895 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Play with the diverter servo settings. It will be trial and error. There should be a happy medium where you can make either left or right diverter shots from either flipper most of the time. I have never gotten it 100% perfect, but you can get it pretty good. I am so thankful for the menu setting as before that you had to physically tweak the diverter, either from the slop in the screw hole tolerance or rotating it an entire tooth. Now there is much finer adjustments possible much easier. But it takes a little time to dial in. What is perfect from the left flipper may not be good for the right flipper because of how the ball rides up the fairly wide ramp. It will likely never be perfect but it can get much better!

Where do I find the diverted servo settings???

#12896 1 year ago

When I hit the green button it won’t open up

B9A42F3F-BE7F-4617-B35A-C59BD2BCF0CB (resized).jpegB9A42F3F-BE7F-4617-B35A-C59BD2BCF0CB (resized).jpeg
#12897 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Pretty sure it was resolved by CE154 but they changed ramp designs on my CE61 and sent new ramps. The originals had screws at top of ramp causing rejects.

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Pretty sure it was resolved by CE154 but they changed ramp designs on my CE61 and sent new ramps. The originals had screws at top of ramp causing rejects.

I thought this was a left ramp issue

#12899 1 year ago

Is it like always rejecting or sometimes going into house/upper area no problem? Cause even tweaked and working, it's a hard shot that if not just right and with power, is going to reject.

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

When I hit the green button it won’t open up
[quoted image]

It’s under feature settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/258?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.