Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 340.
#12751 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There is no stealing the ball thing in Halloween. It's intended to be a ball save for you or hit it and it's a 2 ball multiball.
You need to remember it is in there when you drain and start playing the ball as soon as it drops after you drain your ball.

It's listed in the official rules flowchart on Spooky's website. That in MP players can steal the locked ball: https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

#12752 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There is no stealing the ball thing in Halloween. It's intended to be a ball save for you or hit it and it's a 2 ball multiball.
You need to remember it is in there when you drain and start playing the ball as soon as it drops after you drain your ball.

I agree that it doesn’t exist but pretty sure it says you steal it on the official rules sheet.

#12753 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I agree that it doesn’t exist but pretty sure it says you steal it on the official rules sheet.

Yep; says within official rules - maybe it's just not coded in yet. Would be brilliant if not only did it steal the ball, but launched a 3/4 ball MB at the same time

Screenshot_20230217_154530_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230217_154530_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12754 1 year ago

Yea the steal doesn't work as it says, also I still haven't seen evidence that the 2x scoring works either. Has anyone been able to confirm that? The game gives no indicator either or it. I've tried to keep track and it's hard to tell if the score is doubling or not.

#12755 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea the steal doesn't work as it says, also I still haven't seen evidence that the 2x scoring works either. Has anyone been able to confirm that? The game gives no indicator either or it. I've tried to keep track and it's hard to tell if the score is doubling or not.

For what it's worth, I think I'd be 100% ok with the stealing being removed or deprioritized if it meant some of the other changes were done, like Sanitarium and the House modes taking over the entire game. I rarely play 2-player games so it may mean more to others!

#12756 1 year ago

Hi all, so I'm encountering a couple of issues

Issue #1; When I first switched the machine on, the audio sounded really muffled and overly bassey.
Before I switched on, I made sure that everything on the subwoofer controlls inside the cab weren't mazed out (there don't appear to be markings on the controls though).
At one point I disconnected the hdmi lead from the screen and plugged back in; this sorted my issue; very clear sound (maybe the sound was only coming out of the sub before that?)
So I went in to tweak the sub knobs a bit to add a little more bass back in; same issue returned - muffly bassey sound. Un-replugging the hdmi cable didn't fix it.
Any ideas?

Issue #2; the screen looks washed out, so I tried using the buttons on the screen to adjust, but brightness and contrast don't really seem to do much? - I also set Gamma to ON

issue #3; now when switching on, I juat get a grey Utilty screen - now what? - can I just plug a keyboard to select exit?....

Issue #4; centre ramp bank of drop targets. Twice now, the left d target became stuck down and the 2nd and third not going down enough.
Upon lifting the PF I discovered that this was because the bottom left target had slipped out of the metal part which pushes the targets up when the coil fires to reset - this meane that the metal part then couldn't go down far enough to bring the center and right targets down.
Solved by popping the left target back in to place.
Only thing is, it's happened twice now ; any ideas on how ro stop that happening in future?; seems maybe the metal part which pushes the targets up has a little too much play in it which can let the left target slip out.

Many thanks for your help guys

#12757 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Hi all, so I'm encountering a couple of issues
Issue #1; When I first switched the machine on, the audio sounded really muffled and overly bassey.
Before I switched on, I made sure that everything on the subwoofer controlls inside the cab weren't mazed out (there don't appear to be markings on the controls though).
At one point I disconnected the hdmi lead from the screen and plugged back in; this sorted my issue; very clear sound (maybe the sound was only coming out of the sub before that?)
So I went in to tweak the sub knobs a bit to add a little more bass back in; same issue returned - muffly bassey sound. Un-replugging the hdmi cable didn't fix it.
Any ideas?
Issue #2; the screen looks washed out, so I tried using the buttons on the screen to adjust, but brightness and contrast don't really seem to do much? - I also set Gamma to ON
issue #3; now when switching on, I juat get a grey Utilty screen - now what? - can I just plug a keyboard to select exit?....
Issue #4; centre ramp bank of drop targets. Twice now, the left d target became stuck down and the 2nd and third not going down enough.
Upon lifting the PF I discovered that this was because the bottom left target had slipped out of the metal part which pushes the targets up when the coil fires to reset - this meane that the metal part then couldn't go down far enough to bring the center and right targets down.
Solved by popping the left target back in to place.
Only thing is, it's happened twice now ; any ideas on how ro stop that happening in future?; seems maybe the metal part which pushes the targets up has a little too much play in it which can let the left target slip out.
Many thanks for your help guys

This bios screen?

84E18584-2547-42AD-989C-EAC9A1E88A40 (resized).jpeg84E18584-2547-42AD-989C-EAC9A1E88A40 (resized).jpeg
#12758 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

This bios screen?[quoted image]

Yep that's it - bit concerned about that and my sound issue

#12759 1 year ago

Yep that's it - bit concerned about that and my sound issue

I’ve had that, first thing to try is get a usb stick probably the one you used to update as it worked and get the reinstall software onto it from spooky where the update was. This has worked for me twice.

If it does not work you need a new mini pc, Spooky sent me one but I believe they sent Phil some. He knows well about this issue.

The sub controls are crap, level very sensitive and frequency well no difference. Watched a review on that amp.
On mine and others the sub is touching the grill/cab so as it works harder it bottoms out and sounds crap.

#12760 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’ve had that, first thing to try is get a usb stick probably the one you used to update as it worked and get the reinstall software onto it from spooky where the update was. This has worked for me twice.
If it does not work you need a new mini pc, Spooky sent me one but I believe they sent Phil some. He knows well about this issue.
The sub controls are crap, level very sensitive and frequency well no difference. Watched a review on that amp.
On mine and others the sub is touching the grill/cab so as it works harder it bottoms out and sounds crap.

Thanks for the heads up mate- will try the rebuild (will try plugging in a keyboard first and seeing if I can just exit out)

Luckily it's under warranty and if it needs the pc swapped out I'd get Pinball Heaven to do it (unless it's easy to fasten a new pc inside)

Re; the amp - do you know the model number?; I'd like to look it up and just see what each knob does - thanks again mate.

#12761 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For what it's worth, I think I'd be 100% ok with the stealing being removed or deprioritized if it meant some of the other changes were done...

Just do all the changes. Why are rules not implemented that have been known aboot since the beginning?

...Has anyone been able to confirm that? The game gives no indicator either or it.

We'll have to glass off test it I guess.

#12762 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:Yep that's it - bit concerned about that and my sound issue

From Spooky:

This is obviously not super specific, but go into the music test and start with this...

1) Main Volume - Turn it all the way up and then dial it back a quarter turn.
2) Bass - All the way down and turn it up a quarter turn.
3) Treble - All the way up and turn it down a quarter turn.
4) Crossover (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up an eight of a turn.
5) Subwoofer (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up a sixteenth of a turn. A very little bit.

These dials are listed from the back of the cabinet working towards the front. The most obvious issue is going to the the subwoofer up to high. From there you can adjust it by ear. You may have to stand up to listen as they sound a bit different if you are ducked down reaching into the machine.

#12763 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

From Spooky:
This is obviously not super specific, but go into the music test and start with this...
1) Main Volume - Turn it all the way up and then dial it back a quarter turn.
2) Bass - All the way down and turn it up a quarter turn.
3) Treble - All the way up and turn it down a quarter turn.
4) Crossover (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up an eight of a turn.
5) Subwoofer (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up a sixteenth of a turn. A very little bit.
These dials are listed from the back of the cabinet working towards the front. The most obvious issue is going to the the subwoofer up to high. From there you can adjust it by ear. You may have to stand up to listen as they sound a bit different if you are ducked down reaching into the machine.

Thank you so it's safe to reach in with the machine on and adjust the controls?

#12764 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just do all the changes. Why are rules not implemented that have been known aboot since the beginning?

Especially if documented rules that have been posted for a while. Perhaps Matt or somebody could shed some light

#12765 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up mate- will try the rebuild (will try plugging in a keyboard first and seeing if I can just exit out)
Luckily it's under warranty and if it needs the pc swapped out I'd get Pinball Heaven to do it (unless it's easy to fasten a new pc inside)
Re; the amp - do you know the model number?; I'd like to look it up and just see what each knob does - thanks again mate.

Pc problem is well know, if you are pc savvy other things you can try.
Really annoying but the pc is easy to swop out if you have too.

#12766 1 year ago

Especially if documented rules that have been posted for a while. Perhaps Matt or somebody could shed some light

My scores always seems higher with 2 balls...classic placebo

#12767 1 year ago

Thank you so it's safe to reach in with the machine on and adjust the controls?

Yes, just watch out for large knives.

#12768 1 year ago

Yep; says within official rules - maybe it's just not coded in yet. Would be brilliant if not only did it steal the ball, but launched a 3/4 ball MB at the same time
[quoted image]

My bad, I never seen that in the rules. Must have been an idea they didn't implement They must have forgotten to change that. lol

#12769 1 year ago

6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.

Fresh off some games on Friday night and I'm more pissed at this game than ever. I don't want to see sanitarium graphics while I'm playing Bob and Linda demise. I don't want to be almost through a mode and house mode takes over like the pumpkin mode never existed. I don't want to have to wait for the ball to fall down two playfields because I know I'm getting zero points by hitting anything. I don't want to hit 3 drops every ball before anything happens.

I get it, the games are sold, and you have one guy working on cleaning up two games. But this just isn't fun. That's the huge red flag here, it's just not fun. Sure, one out of fifty games things click and it's amazing. But the ratio is off. I don't want to shoot around for 2 minutes hitting shit and getting no points. THE KINETIC SATISFACTION IN PINBALL IS KEEPING THE BALL GOING, HITTING THINGS, AND GETTING POINTS FOR HITTING THINGS.

UGH, I tried so hard to love this game but I have to say I paid $10,900 (with tax and shipping) for a pin that gives me less enjoyment then my $3k Elvira and the party monsters.

Can I trade this for a Scooby Doo even up?

#12770 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.

Yeah its sad. Started out really fun & imaginative but FFS no movement forward.
If there was anything to trade for it would be long gone even with hope in the future.

#12771 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah its sad. Started out really fun & imaginative but FFS no movement forward.

It still could be great, but it would take a ton of attention and programming to get there and I'm not sure they will sink the resources into it to make it great. That is the downfall of two pins on one platform, it divides the resources.

#12772 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Fresh off some games on Friday night and I'm more pissed at this game than ever. I don't want to see sanitarium graphics while I'm playing Bob and Linda demise. I don't want to be almost through a mode and house mode takes over like the pumpkin mode never existed. I don't want to have to wait for the ball to fall down two playfields because I know I'm getting zero points by hitting anything. I don't want to hit 3 drops every ball before anything happens.
I get it, the games are sold, and you have one guy working on cleaning up two games. But this just isn't fun. That's the huge red flag here, it's just not fun. Sure, one out of fifty games things click and it's amazing. But the ratio is off. I don't want to shoot around for 2 minutes hitting shit and getting no points. THE KINETIC SATISFACTION IN PINBALL IS KEEPING THE BALL GOING, HITTING THINGS, AND GETTING POINTS FOR HITTING THINGS.
UGH, I tried so hard to love this game but I have to say I paid $10,900 (with tax and shipping) for a pin that gives me less enjoyment then my $3k Elvira and the party monsters.

Plenty of people that think it's a good game the way it is and will be a great one eventually, think you're just frustrated at the difficulty of it. They put three drops in the middle of the playfield for a reason, make it challenging and risky like your being chased by MM. The other issues you have are with the stacking and what your prefer to see when multiple modes are stacked, you don't have to start Sanitarium if you want to focus on Bob & Linda. Yes it sucks having to watch the ball drain from upper playfield through middle playfield to get back up to upper but the incentive is to play better and stay up there to finish MM off when in house mode..

#12773 1 year ago

Nope, that is not it. As an owner I hate to say it but this game is a complete mess. The layout is great but the code is not cohesive at all. Not fun and from the sounds of it they are simply working on bug clean up.

#12774 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.

Different strokes I guess
I love mine IMO this has “kinetic” satisfaction in spades
Sucks you don’t like something you bought for sure
I guess some of these things don’t bother me

Like the video ,the floating stuff is goofy but I don’t HATE it
Like,it doesn’t bother me

Spooky games are different, including scooby do
The day they make masses approved Burger King pinball,I’ll stop buying them

I have EATPM,and that’s not really a fair comparison,the first Elvira is a classic and is more fun then a lot of pinball machines

Game is super fun to me ,some just don’t get it I don’t think

#12775 1 year ago

Waiting for the ball is part of the game
Spooky games are different then other games
Scooby do is different when you play it your going to hate it
When spooky stops doing innovative things with the games I will stop buying them for sure
These games are not for everyone

#12776 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Nope, that is not it. As an owner I hate to say it but this game is a complete mess. The layout is great but the code is not cohesive at all. Not fun and from the sounds of it they are simply working on bug clean up.

I would ride it out until final code. Too early and not financially good point in the market to move this game yet unless you want to take a decent loss.
If code improves you have a better chance at trading for a better title for you.

#12777 1 year ago

One suggestion I would make to anyone really mad at the game because it IS a difficult game,is to make the tilt way more liberal and watch your scores climb and get to the longer games more frequently

#12778 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I would ride it out until final code. Too early and not financially good point in the market to move this game yet unless you want to take a decent loss.
If code improves you have a better chance at trading for a better title for you.

If you buy machines for the money I wouldn’t bother IMO
Always felt that way but these days with games so expensive and so many treating them like stocks it’s hard to let that go I get it

If I’m worried about what a game is worth after I have it I would look for bargains on marketplace from unsuspecting sellers not 10k NIB games

#12779 1 year ago

Perplexed by the posts saying HWN is hard… but my other pin is R&M so I guess it’s all relative.

#12780 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Perplexed by the posts saying HWN is hard… but my other pin is R&M so I guess it’s all relative.

Right

#12781 1 year ago

The frustration is somewhat warranted. I have been 90% positive up to this point but it’s time for some serious attention to this game. It’s a dream theme for me but it’s time to get the code corrected. Because of the theme, mine is bolted but I really can understand others moving on from this one. I would Love to know where Charlie stands on all of this.

#12782 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes it sucks having to watch the ball drain from upper playfield through middle playfield to get back up to upper

You don't HAVE to do that. You have the Orbit Exit out of the Middle PF and you can also take the super risky path down the hidden ramp, as well.

I regularly use the orbit exit. though. Speeds things up and keeps me out of Modes /and Spacium / Blood Store.

But the Code needs serious help to be considered a complete game let alone a polished one.

#12783 1 year ago

I would say be patient for a few more days ….

rd

#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

#80 here. I’ve had my game 15 months or so. You raise some valid points, and I can’t argue with you. The theme and art mean this one is a keeper for me, so I’m in it for the long haul. I just have to keep the faith that Spooky will fix some of the issues.

#12785 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Plenty of people that think it's a good game the way it is and will be a great one eventually, think you're just frustrated at the difficulty of it. .

This old chestnut, Pinside day 1 ignorant argument.

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

It is not too hard of a game. I am not sure if anyone has said that. The code is disjointed and not fun to play in my opinion. Each to their own though I guess.

#12787 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This old chestnut, Pinside day 1 ignorant argument.

Don't pretend that there aren't plenty of positive posts in this thread or the reviews, game may be polarizing and still need future code but claiming it's a mess is just way off base.

#12788 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't pretend that there aren't plenty of positive posts in this thread or the reviews...

You love a strawman that's for sure.
There are plenty of positive posts aboot the game, from me, doesn't mean the code isnt a mess.
Shitcanning Fawzma, Hiring new guy to "completely rebuild the code from the ground up," replacing animations, day 1 rules not coded a year later....does that sound fiiiine?
ed.gifed.gif

#12789 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't pretend that there aren't plenty of positive posts in this thread or the reviews, game may be polarizing and still need future code but claiming it's a mess is just way off base.

You are certainly biased. The playfield layout has so much potential. It is only limited by this rotten code. As it has been pointed out, you don't seem to see any negatives. I wish I shared your point of view but the ratings contrast you.

#12790 1 year ago

It’s a different type of pinball machine. I love it for that. I think you need to have many or have owned many to appreciate it. I do really enjoy it and I don’t think it’s for the casual player. It’s not Rush, Fishtales, demolition man, ect. It’s totally different. It’s a very good game in collection. I personally am not disappointed. Very different game but in a good way

#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

You are certainly biased. The playfield layout has so much potential. It is only limited by this rotten code. As it has been pointed out, you don't seem to see any negatives. I wish I shared your point of view but the ratings contrast you.

I like the game and you don't, you have just as much bias as me. How do the ratings contrast me? it's #63 in the top 100 and has an average 8.084 out of 10 with the current code. I'm not claiming it's a top 10 game and just said something negative about it in my reply to Beechwood.

#12792 1 year ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

It’s a different type of pinball machine. I love it for that. I think you need to have many or have owned many to appreciate it. I do really enjoy it and I don’t think it’s for the casual player. It’s not Rush, Fishtales, demolition man, ect. It’s totally different. It’s a very good game in collection. I personally am not disappointed. Very different game but in a good way

Would you consider the code a mess in it's current state?

#12793 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't pretend that there aren't plenty of positive posts in this thread or the reviews, game may be polarizing and still need future code but claiming it's a mess is just way off base

Last game I played, I locked and later released a Judith ball. Should be in 2x scoring but that's broken. Trapped one ball on the right flipper and shot the other ball into the scoop. Game went into "pick a mode" and the flippers died, draining the ball I had trapped.

17 months after release and the code is very, very much a mess.

#12794 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Last game I played, I locked and later released a Judith ball. Should be in 2x scoring but that's broken. Trapped one ball on the right flipper and shot the other ball into the scoop. Game went into "pick a mode" and the flippers died, draining the ball I had trapped.
17 months after release and the code is very, very much a mess.

Sounds like you have more going on than messy code if your game got confused in that instance. Never had that happen on my game but could be code related I guess.

#12795 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Would you consider the code a mess in it's current state?

Yes, the code is a complete mess in my opinion. Needs to be completely started from scratch but that will not happen. I am not selling the game and do not plan to. If I was I would pretend the code was fine. I'm being realistic, it sucks. It is not cohesive. It is not fun. It is like they had no plan. I wish I had your rosey view as you have been all positive. Go spooky!

#12796 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Sell it and quit whining. Simple

#12797 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Yes, the code is a complete mess in my opinion. Needs to be completely started from scratch but that will not happen. I am not selling the game and do not plan to. If I was I would pretend the code was fine. I'm being realistic, it sucks. It is not cohesive. It is not fun. It is like they had no plan. I wish I had your rosey view as you have been all positive. Go spooky!

I specifically asked Sebastian88 what they thought, you have been more than clear about your opinion already.

#12798 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I specifically asked Sebastian88 what they thought, you have been more than clear about your opinion already.

And I have said you are a fan boy without a realistic opinion. I bought the pin, I think the layout is fantastic, I hope more than anything they fix the code but am realistic that it is not going to approve much.

#12799 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

And I have said you are a fan boy without a realistic opinion. I bought the pin, I think the layout is fantastic, I hope more than anything they fix the code but am realistic that it is not going to approve much.

Call me a fan boy and I call you a hater. You brought up the ratings earlier, go actually read them all and you'll see you're in the minority.

#12800 1 year ago

I, for one, don’t care if your a “fan boy” or a “hater” as long as your passionate about the Spooky team making sure this game gets all that it deserves and in a reasonable time frame.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.