IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 340.
#12601 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes. Earlier machines.

Not true. My 920 CE had issues right off the bat, you never know when the armor was powder coated vs final assembly. Its not a big problem and if your buying used, that pin may not be affected, but even if so, its easy to protect.

#12602 1 year ago

Mine is not wearing off yet but it is definitely getting smoother where my hands are on the left and right of the lockdown bar and if you look at it from an angle you can see it’s a shade different but it doesn’t look to be wearing off so maybe it the clear wearing down.

#12603 1 year ago

Has anybody gotten any random resets on this new code?

I have had 2 in the middle of game play in the last week.
One was in the middle of a 2 player game and one last night on a single player game first ball into game for only a minute.

#12604 1 year ago

I just played a game and it gave me the 2 Tilt warnings, then full on Tilt, even though I wasn't shaking the machine at all. Game then locked up with the Tilt graphic on screen and never went back to normal, so I had to turn the pin off to get it to work again. I have my tilt bob set very low, so I really have to shake the machine to get it to tilt, so I have no idea why that happened. It was during Jack O Lantern multiball.

#12605 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

I just played a game and it gave me the 2 Tilt warnings, then full on Tilt, even though I wasn't shaking the machine at all. Game then locked up with the Tilt graphic on screen and never went back to normal, so I had to turn the pin off to get it to work again. I have my tilt bob set very low, so I really have to shake the machine to get it to tilt, so I have no idea why that happened. It was during Jack O Lantern multiball.

I've encountered this same bug before, mine started launching balls non stop until i power cycled the game

#12606 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

If you put a USB drive into the slot in the head unit it will copy the log files onto it - email those to Matt and tell him what happened.

RM

#12607 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I've encountered this same bug before, mine started launching balls non stop until i power cycled the game

Matt is asking for log files when crap like this happens.

RM

#12608 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Matt is asking for log files when crap like this happens.
RM

good to know will pull them next time im on location with it

#12609 1 year ago

Silly question here.... I noticed this coil warming up after an inspection so I am changing it. Isn't the part number 23-800-ND on this coil for the no diode coil? If so, why does this coil have a diode? Am I reading this part number on the coil wrong?

IMG_4192 (resized).jpegIMG_4192 (resized).jpeg
#12610 1 year ago

Normal, just leave it

Quoted from NOrbit:

Silly question here.... I noticed this coil warming up after an inspection so I am changing it. Isn't the part number 23-800-ND on this coil for the no diode coil? If so, why does this coil have a diode? Am I reading this part number on the coil wrong?
[quoted image]

#12611 1 year ago

Quick question, I am replacing the board on my Halloween and wanted to know if someone could be kind enough to post a picture of the servos connection to be sure I replugged them correctly i.e. metal plug on the connector up or down.

Thanks

Chris

Edit: All cool, I figured the color code! We learn everyday

#12612 1 year ago

Replugged everything, but now the service button and menu does not work, do someone know which connection it would be on the pinotaur board?

Thanks,

Chris

#12613 1 year ago

I love the art on the backglass, but also wanted to try a “classic” 1978 title card translite on my Halloween. Had this made. I didn’t specify to keep the art closer to the middle with a border (better aspect ratio or something), but it’s still a decent result. I used to be afraid even to see the pumpkin on the title card when I was young. That Jack-o-lantern ain’t right. The problem is when the light is on behind it the original art shows through, even with it turned around. Maybe I can black it out with paper or some other trick. I’m sure some people will say ewww and others might like it! Variety is spicy, so they say!

8FE27133-EAAD-4C59-84A7-B5811EB90EC9 (resized).jpeg8FE27133-EAAD-4C59-84A7-B5811EB90EC9 (resized).jpeg997FC79B-929E-4F16-B0C5-71C20788244B (resized).jpeg997FC79B-929E-4F16-B0C5-71C20788244B (resized).jpeg

#12614 1 year ago

Neat idea and very retro vibe with that, but I would want to remove the topper as having the title like that twice is odd.

#12615 1 year ago

Has anyone had a flipper coil get locked on yet? My left main playfield flipper coil locked on today. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks in advance!

#12616 1 year ago

I would suspect a transistor on the heck board,I had to replace mine because of a mistake I made and AJ took care of me with a swap even paid for return shipping.

#12617 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Normal, just leave it

I would but I am on my third board... This coil got so hot the insulation on the wires melted. I ordered replacement coils just curious if anyone thinks this coil is mislabeled.

#12618 1 year ago
Quoted from NOrbit:

I would but I am on my third board... This coil got so hot the insulation on the wires melted. I ordered replacement coils just curious if anyone thinks this coil is mislabeled.

I don’t know but if you meter it you can find out, there is a coil resistance table here https://flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

#12619 1 year ago

Any idea where to buy the clear plastic above the drops?
I would just email them but they have already helped with so much on my game I don’t wanna be a bother I would just order it if I knew where to buy.

Mine is about to lose the third and final holding spot on the left we broke the two on the right we play a lot

Thanks

#12620 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Any idea where to buy the clear plastic above the drops
Mine is about to lose the third and final holding spot on the left we broke the two on the right we play a lot
Thanks

Contact Spooky and they will send you one at no charge.

#12621 1 year ago

Can anyone help with the plunger issue I have? Just purchased this a week ago, got it set up and plunger does not hit the ball anywhere near well enough to get it moving. Should the plunger hit the ball or the metal object resting on it? Sorry for my lack or knowledge on proper terminology. Spring seems very weak compared to other pins I just bought.

Thank you. -Paul

3171B264-08AD-4702-A7F9-35C5EB977229 (resized).jpeg3171B264-08AD-4702-A7F9-35C5EB977229 (resized).jpeg
#12622 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Can anyone help with the plunger issue I have? Just purchased this a week ago, got it set up and plunger does not hit the ball anywhere near well enough to get it moving. Should the plunger hit the ball or the metal object resting on it? Sorry for my lack or knowledge on proper terminology. Spring seems very weak compared to other pins I just bought.
Thank you. -Paul
[quoted image]

That definitely needs adjustment. You will need to reposition the manual plunger housing so the plunger can hit the center of the ball. I am kind of amazed it can be shoved over that far. Are you sure the playfield is seated all the way in the cabinet?

#12623 1 year ago

Agree that’s about as far over I’ve ever seen

#12624 1 year ago

Ya that is not right,I hope the shooter housing was drilled correctly in the cabinet like I can’t believe that!

#12625 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Thank you. -Paul
[quoted image]

The rubber-covered end of your shooter rod should be directly in the center of those two metal forks barely not touching the ball at rest.

Those two metal forks are the auto-launcher, and should never touch the shooter rod.

It's like your playfield is not sitting in the cabinet correctly and/or the shooter rod assembly is skewed way too far to the left.

Can you take another picture zoomed out a bit but from the same overhead angle so we can see that whole corner of the cabinet, especially how the playfield hooks are in the lock bar bracket. We need to see more of that area.

RussM

#12626 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It's like your playfield is not sitting in the cabinet correctly and/or the shooter rod assembly is skewed way too far to the left.

My UM is like this IF I don't make sure the PF is snugged to the left whenever I have to lift it. There's a good 3 or 4 mm of play left to right on my PF inside the cab.

So pull the glass, or just shove it by the prop bars all the way to the left side (away from the shooter rod). Even when mines properly aligned sometimes the manual shooter will shift slightly ans interfere with auto launch. In those cases a little nudge on the shooter fixed it.

#12627 1 year ago

I lifted the playfield and set it back in. Here’s where I’m at. Should I try to pull it back?

49455A65-F2D8-4D19-A03F-A5B53EC2441D (resized).jpeg49455A65-F2D8-4D19-A03F-A5B53EC2441D (resized).jpeg5A5374B0-D56F-463D-BAEE-E00F6E057987 (resized).jpeg5A5374B0-D56F-463D-BAEE-E00F6E057987 (resized).jpegF0A11EFA-4CEB-440B-8F6F-8B48300967B0 (resized).jpegF0A11EFA-4CEB-440B-8F6F-8B48300967B0 (resized).jpeg
#12628 1 year ago

I had to loosen those screws by the ball launcher on that metal plate and adjust then tighten.

#12629 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

I lifted the playfield and set it back in. Here’s where I’m at. Should I try to pull it back?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you are going to have to reposition the shooter housing. Those screws on the inside of the plate surrounding the manual plunger will need to be loosened and then you should be able to slide it over and retighten them. It looks like you may be missing a couple of those screws for the bottom of the plate? Get it as centered as possible both left/right and up/down before you retighten. And snug them up good so it doesn't move again.

#12630 1 year ago

Snugged it left by bars. Should I pull PF back? Now the ball makes it onto the PF but seems weak. Should the ball make it up to the top and to the left side easily?

EA3C002E-C659-43D4-AE43-12314CBCA30D (resized).jpegEA3C002E-C659-43D4-AE43-12314CBCA30D (resized).jpeg
#12631 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Snugged it left by bars. Should I pull PF back? Now the ball makes it onto the PF but seems weak. Should the ball make it up to the top and to the left side easily?

Loosen the shooter housing. Manually position it so the plunger strikes the ball at the Center.
Tighten all bolts.

Then, pull the rubber and the C Clip holding the Shooter Rod in place and remove and clean all of the parts with alcohol, reassemble.

Should be good to go from there.

#12632 1 year ago

WTH this comes rolling down the PF after playing for a minute.

396B370C-6046-4A7F-995F-22E9984AA2AB (resized).jpeg396B370C-6046-4A7F-995F-22E9984AA2AB (resized).jpeg
#12633 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

[quoted image]

That plunger still needs to be moved over. You will not be able to fix this by just shifting your playfield to the side. The manual plunger should not hit or rub on the auto plunger (the metal fork) at all. It should be perfectly centered (as well as possible) on the ball with the playfield resting in its normal position.

#12634 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

WTH this comes rolling down the PF after playing for a minute.
[quoted image]

Looks like a post broke off somewhere. My guess would be one of the upper playfields if it made it on to your main playfield. I would see if any posts or other attachment points are loose on the two upper playfields.

#12635 1 year ago

Should the cover my hand is on be screwed to the playfield bars behind? It’s just laying on top and scratching the PF.

5940121B-23FB-4710-9C4E-354507CF24A0 (resized).jpeg5940121B-23FB-4710-9C4E-354507CF24A0 (resized).jpeg74BEBC2E-35B1-47BE-8566-601FF5F99D0B (resized).jpeg74BEBC2E-35B1-47BE-8566-601FF5F99D0B (resized).jpeg
#12636 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Should the cover my hand is on be screwed to the playfield bars behind? It’s just laying on top and scratching the PF.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The entire apron is just laying there? Yes, that definitely needs to be attached. Where did you get this machine? I can't imagine it was NIB from the factory?

#12637 1 year ago

If I traveled from GA to IN with the game like it is normally shipped, sitting upright on it’s back could the bars have bent a little forcing the sheet metal screws out and causing PF to be shifted to far toward the top of PF? I appreciate your guys’ help troubleshooting this.

#12638 1 year ago

Looks like an earlier CE possibly. The seller should have known about the shooter issues if so, cause that's way off and you can see it's shredding the rubber on the shooter tip

#12639 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The entire apron is just laying there? Yes, that definitely needs to be attached. Where did you get this machine? I can't imagine it was NIB from the factory?

This was “basically new” from Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA.

#12640 1 year ago

Looks like the rubber tip needs replacing once you get the shooter rod properly aligned. I imagine this has been going on for a while.

Rod_Tip (resized).jpgRod_Tip (resized).jpg

#12641 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Looks like an earlier CE possibly. The seller should have known about the shooter issues if so, cause that's way off and you can see it's shredding the rubber on the shooter tip

#12642 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

This was “basically new” from Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA.

Did you play it first? Or was it a "blind buy"? Because that was either messed up already, or took some major abuse in travel.

#12643 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did you play it first? Or was it a "blind buy"? Because that was either messed up already, or took some major abuse in travel.

I played it and asked “is the plunger this weak”? He said “yes on this game.” He’s a Spooky dealer. We packed it very well and it was strapped to the inside of an enclosed uhaul trailer. I’m not familiar with pins but I’m not an idiot when it comes to moving things.

#12644 1 year ago

I’m starting to think the bars for the playfield would appear to be bent away from the playfield (closer to the coin insert), therefore the shooter rod is farther away from ball and the shroud is farther from the bars. Can’t imagine this happened in my travel.

#12645 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

I played it and asked “is the plunger this weak”? He said “yes on this game.” He’s a Spooky dealer. We packed it very well and it was strapped to the inside of an enclosed uhaul trailer. I’m not familiar with pins but I’m not an idiot when it comes to moving things.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply you are an idiot in any way. Just trying to figure out what happened that the machine is in this condition. I hate to make assumptions about the dealer, but...yikes. He is 100% wrong that the plunger is supposed to be weak on this game. It should make a full orbit with no problem. And any good dealer would have seen this issue immediately and known how to fix it. As for how the apron became completely loose...no idea. I hope it didn't harm your playfield too much. Best of luck getting it all fixed up. I would personally beware of this dealer in the future.

#12646 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry, I did not mean to imply you are an idiot in any way. Just trying to figure out what happened that the machine is in this condition. I hate to make assumptions about the dealer, but...yikes. He is 100% wrong that the plunger is supposed to be weak on this game. It should make a full orbit with no problem. And any good dealer would have seen this issue immediately and known how to fix it. As for how the apron became completely loose...no idea. I hope it didn't harm your playfield too much. Best of luck getting it all fixed up. I would personally beware of this dealer in the future.

I didn’t take it that way. No worries. Being my first go round I was extremely careful packing 3 games I bought. Halloween being the most expensive. He seems to me to be very reputable as he had alot of great high quality, collector pieces and allegedly has a busy online store, dealing Stern and several other brands. Trying to figure out if those bars could bent a bit from travel and even enough to take sheet metal screws out of the shroud. Seems odd.

#12647 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Nah the shooter on this game is quite solid and has a ton of power at full pull so like to be gentle on it cause it will fling the balls right back at you through the left orbit

#12648 1 year ago

Nah the shooter on this game is quite solid and has a ton of power at full pull so like to be gentle on it cause it will fling the balls right back at you through the left orbit

This makes me think these bars were bent and the playfield was too far towards backbox before I took possession of the game. Not to mention the rubber being marred up.

#12649 1 year ago

I can't believe anyone would sell a machine that doesn't plunge cleanly. Literally the easiest thing to remedy on a machine.

#12650 1 year ago

With a standard shooter, I 100% agree, but the knife shooter has issues. It is badly out of balance, and mine is physically shorter than the standard one. Maybe the length issue was corrected, but I would never say the OEM knife one is solid and has tons of power (at least in my case).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.