IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 339.
#1151 2 years ago

Growing a business is scary shit, especially in these times. One wrong step ...boom your bankrupt.
Watched a lot of my friends that got killed around the .com, collapse, during the housing collapse, COVID, even in my industry.

I've watched Spooky grow with baby steps. They have big visions, but they are trying their best to grow with the flow...smart IMHO.

#1 is the communicate. You may not like exactly what you want to here, but at the least they are honest. AP is trying to do the same thing. Sometimes decisions are "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

Pinball is a high-end niche. My other hobby is audio, and I dabbled in startup in speakers, another niche market. I own a Integration/Network/Security company.

Dog eat dog world out there...I like how Spooky has grown their business...quality and communication

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

It's not 'bitching and moaning' but having a discussion. I didn't realize the only thing allowed in this thread is cheerleading.

RZ and not questions regarding Halloween…just saying…do we seriously have to get the parents/moderators involved. Full on bashing isn’t for this thread…or so I thought. Maybe the moderators should input.

#1153 2 years ago

#1154 2 years ago

Ball got stuck on this wire sensor - took a closer look and their was a loose screw jammed in there somehow. Tried to get it out but it fell in. Couldn’t find it in the cab, so I hope it didn’t fall into the orbit lane or a spot where it could cause an issue...

849C13FC-B593-4FF9-92B6-459E885F6CB7 (resized).jpeg849C13FC-B593-4FF9-92B6-459E885F6CB7 (resized).jpeg
#1155 2 years ago

Cool video; thanks for sharing! I was worried you were going to cut that shrinkwrap while it was standing up!

#1156 2 years ago

What changes are in the game when you select adult mode true or false?

#1157 2 years ago

What changes are in the game when you select adult mode true or false?</blockquote

Boobies! That’s about all we found.

#1158 2 years ago

Really ? Is this the first LCD era pin with boobies displayed in all they’re glory ?

#1159 2 years ago

Rob Zombie has boobies on an LCD but they're DMD resolution.

#1160 2 years ago

At what part? I beat Bob and Linda mode and it played same clip for me..

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

At what part? I beat Bob and Linda mode and it played same clip for me..

Do you have adult mode turned on in settings?

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Do you have adult mode turned on in settings?

This. It is also a quick nipple too, doesn't linger.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

This. It is also a quick nipple too, doesn't linger.

I have done True in the settings on adult mode.

#1164 2 years ago

After spending MGC weekend getting to hang out with Squirrel, Bug, and DJ, (and of course getting to put a couple plays on the machine), I am more confident than ever that this machine, and Spooky in general are in VERY good hands. They truly are an amazing group of young adults full of passion, talent, and just plain goodness. I have literally watched these "kids" grow up at MGCs over the years, and I still picture them as those sweet little kids running around helping wherever they could. It's pretty awesome to see them grow into these roles.

As a big fan of the theme, this game looks and sounds absolutely amazing. During set-up I could hear certain sound cues and effects from across the hall and it put a smile on my face every single time. The layout is unique and so much fun to shoot. The code is definitely a work in progress, but they have said that from the start so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. That said, the framework that is there is really fun, and you can see it is heading in a great direction. Every major update has shown significant progress, and I have no doubt that will continue and this will end up being a very solid ruleset. I am already very happy with the total package, and can't wait until the night #120 comes home.

#inbugwetrust

-Chris

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

...I have no doubt that will continue and this will end up being a very solid ruleset. I am already very happy with the total package, and can't wait until the night #120 comes home.
#inbugwetrust
-Chris

I haven't been sweating it but this is great to hear (or read). #120, you don't seem too far off now!

#1166 2 years ago

I too had a great time talking to you guys and finally getting to play at MGC. The game is great!
You guys are a great bunch for sure too.

#480 cant come soon enough

tumblr_pt1abj3yJb1xbu7rco1_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_pt1abj3yJb1xbu7rco1_1280 (resized).jpg
#1167 2 years ago

Anybody get their invoice this week?

#1168 2 years ago

We are at a week since the Halloween code was taken down after bricking games, still down. Ultraman code was taken down for 10 days for the same thing, so maybe the wait is a little longer for hwn. Spooky- do you think the code will be put back up this week (1.02/ 1.03) ? My HWN will be here Wednesday so I will be super stoked to get the update! Just wondering the code ETA

#1169 2 years ago

Should already be back up. I'll take care of it.

Edit: ✔

#1170 2 years ago

Just checked -says 1.02 on the site...is that the latest ( I think thats what mine shipped with)?

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just checked -says 1.02 on the site...is that the latest ( I think thats what mine shipped with)?

Can you leave Luke alone and let the guy build my pin 160 is still not here yet

#1172 2 years ago

There are other owners of this game who successfully did the update last week.

#1173 2 years ago

Sounds like another one is coming really soon that is just basically a whole pile of bug fixes!

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sounds like another one is coming really soon that is just basically a whole pile of bug fixes!

A coder's work is never done...

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Ha, I’m on 1.01, and if I hear ‘You ever done anything like this before?’ one more time, I’m gonna punch a baby!

#1176 2 years ago

Any new invoices this week?

Jeff

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

And probably create a few new ones

Is there a preferred way to report bugs? On 1.03 I somehow got an almost never ending ball save on hedge multi-ball a couple times. It seemed like the save timer was constantly getting reset, like if I let a ball drain every few seconds I could have kept it going forever. If I see it happen again I'll try to nail down what might be happening.

The other issue I saw was the Laurie/Michael health meter sometimes staying on top even after a game has ended.

#1178 2 years ago

Howdy everyone! Thank you for all the patience and kind words on the code direction and rules. We definitely still have a long way to go on both!

First off, working on a really cool code direction flow chart that I'm really excited for everyone to see.

Secondly, to help me keep track of what the most pressing code bug issues are, please feel free to send any and all of your bug reports to my private inbox here on Pinside! (Yes I realize what I just got myself into). We're also in talks of creating a specific bug report email as well. But I figure we'd start here!

Thanks to everyone who came and hung out with us at MGC, it was a blast!

#1179 2 years ago

If that email is not:

[email protected]

Then…we’ll, that’s a failed opportunity.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think a valuable lesson Bug and myself learned is how important getting information to the customers is. I think that we believed most people would wait to play it and see how it progresses to decide. However an early negative review or podcast can really go a long way toward making customers nervous. Many times these reviews are simply mislead or speculation. I think when we complete this flow chart and show how cool the code plan for the game is that will put many minds at ease. I even saw one comment that the game "only had 6 modes of different difficulty". He had no idea there were 4 other main modes aleady in plus a couple side modes with more coming. 2 wizard modes coming with a really cool game long strategy that ties into each or the blood collection system with a strategic reward store. That is entirely on us and we will do a better job of making sure we get that information out there. I think this latest code is actually really solid for this early on and it can become something special for sure. Lesson learned and we will continue to improve and be proactive with these things I'm the future. We have already hired a 2nd full time programmer and it's one of our main company goals to get farther ahead on code and designs in the future. We will be investing in that.

Quoted from SpookyBug:

Howdy everyone! Thank you for all the patience and kind words on the code direction and rules. We definitely still have a long way to go on both!
First off, working on a really cool code direction flow chart that I'm really excited for everyone to see.
Secondly, to help me keep track of what the most pressing code bug issues are, please feel free to send any and all of your bug reports to my private inbox here on Pinside! (Yes I realize what I just got myself into). We're also in talks of creating a specific bug report email as well. But I figure we'd start here!
Thanks to everyone who came and hung out with us at MGC, it was a blast!

#1180 2 years ago

Does Spooky have a similar big reporting tool like AP. Seems a setup like that would really help. Keep up the great work, can't wait for 920!!

#1183 2 years ago

#77 will be here tomorrow. Ill post pics if any one cares...or if not.

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Yesssss let's see it!

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any new invoices this week?
Jeff

What are the invoices up to at this point - every time I hear a number being shipped I feel like it’s lower than I thought it would be

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

What are the invoices up to at this point - every time I hear a number being shipped I feel like it’s lower than I thought it would be

#108 is the highest I have heard of so far.
List is current-
https://tinyurl.com/Halloween-tracking

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Yep please give us some pics - it's great seeing everyone get their machines. Helps us to share in the delivery excitement (those of us with much higher build numbers).

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

List is current-

Not that it’s important, but #4 is AYCE Gogi. Means “All you can eat”

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

List is current-

I'm 1050

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Yes. Show us your goods

#1191 2 years ago

forgot to mention how nice the pumpkin speaker covers look on the CE - Up close they sparkle many different colors and its a nice contrast to the Gold Vein.

676A88CA-6658-4283-8FBE-D39ABF2AABB5 (resized).jpeg676A88CA-6658-4283-8FBE-D39ABF2AABB5 (resized).jpeg
#1192 2 years ago

#67 arrived today

20211109_181628 (resized).jpg20211109_181628 (resized).jpg
#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

forgot to mention how nice the pumpkin speaker covers look on the CE - Up close they sparkle many different colors and its a nice contrast to the Gold Vein.[quoted image]

Not to put ya on the spot, but how are you feeling about Halloween? Plan on keeping?

#1194 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not to put ya on the spot, but how are you feeling about Halloween? Plan on keeping?

I’m happy with it and keeping it. Very unique and fun game. Plays much faster than I thought and the subways have grown on me! Wish the left side had some more variety and that’s my really only negative. It’s a beautiful looking game and It’s gonna get a lot cooler as the code progresses. Not going anywhere - Well done Spooky team!

#1195 2 years ago

Good to hear - hope you didn’t get pressured in to it. But from your posts you don’t sound like the type.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one to play!

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’m happy with it and keeping it. Very unique and fun game. Plays much faster than I thought and the subways have grown on me! Wish the left side had some more variety and that’s my really only negative. It’s a beautiful looking game and It’s gonna get a lot cooler as the code progresses. Not going anywhere - Well done Spooky team!

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Congrats, as I know you were pondering a bit...anxious for mine, and things will only get better.....

#1197 2 years ago

I am watching a YouTube video with same clips that are in our in our pinball machine. Why are our clips sooooo low resolution compared a regular YouTube video???

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1198 2 years ago

The Shape has arrived!

Once again scheduled delivery for the afternoon and RL showed up at 9am lol. But I was ready this time...

20211110_093740 (resized).jpg20211110_093740 (resized).jpg
#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The Shape has arrived!
Once again scheduled delivery for the afternoon and RL showed up at 9am lol. But I was ready this time...
[quoted image]

That armor coating looks better each time I see it!!!

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The Shape has arrived!
[quoted image]

Congrats!

Butter cab?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/24?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.