IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 338.
#12001 1 year ago

Does Spooky do beta testing with volunteers before releasing code? Sounds like that is the missing element that could save people many headaches down the road.

#12002 1 year ago

Did I read before I could go back to 1.08a? I still have it on my laptop. The videos are all choppy and voices don’t line up with the video. I was pretty happy with 1.08a. I love the idea of having new video clips. But not if it’s going to lag and be choppy. Also seeing weird gameplay anomalies like counting bodies with the green blood drops disappearing in the middle of the mode and not getting credit for the shots when the lights are out. Then the lights come back on. I don’t know if it’s a code issue or is the pc being pushed passed it’s ability? Anyway, has anyone successfully gone backwards? I’m just going to wait till it’s working properly. Or I’m willing to upgrade to a more powerful pc if I could get the proprietary stuff that Spooky puts on it to make it work for me. I’ll be the Guinea pig and pay for the pc myself if that’s what it takes.

#12003 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:Does Spooky do beta testing with volunteers before releasing code? Sounds like that is the missing element that could save people many headaches down the road.

This. Rosh took this approach when updating Houdini, and it was a massive success on both sides. I also think any beta testers should keep their trap shut about what they see until Spooky has a chance to rectify bugs in a patch release.

#12004 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Did I read before I could go back to 1.08a? I still have it on my laptop. The videos are all choppy and voices don’t line up with the video. I was pretty happy with 1.08a. I love the idea of having new video clips. But not if it’s going to lag and be choppy. Also seeing weird gameplay anomalies like counting bodies with the green blood drops disappearing in the middle of the mode and not getting credit for the shots when the lights are out. Then the lights come back on. I don’t know if it’s a code issue or is the pc being pushed passed it’s ability? Anyway, has anyone successfully gone backwards? I’m just going to wait till it’s working properly. Or I’m willing to upgrade to a more powerful pc if I could get the proprietary stuff that Spooky puts on it to make it work for me. I’ll be the Guinea pig and pay for the pc myself if that’s what it takes.

Yes i installed 1.08 today after having 1.09 on it over the weekend. Thought I had 1.08a…care to share the file with me?

#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I just emailed Matt if it's possible when the Don't Fear the Reaper Song is playing if that can be the only audio you hear till you are down to one ball. I really think most people here would love that song just playing without any other call outs and hearing other audio cutting in and out and ruining the moment. At that point you are just jamming trying to hit the balls without losing them. Thoughts?

No, I want to be able to hear important targets, jackpocks and such still.

#12006 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes i installed 1.08 today after having 1.09 on it over the weekend. Thought I had 1.08a…care to share the file with me?

Absolutely just have figure out how to send a file that big. Also have to validate the version. Probably won’t get to it until this weekend.

#12007 1 year ago

Dirty pool will 100% return. Pending time of the next release with a better notification of your current playfield multiplier. It's one of my all time favorite shots in pinball.

In terms of Beta Testers we do have them. May need to add a few more. I can't make any promises, but if you are interested, send me an email at [email protected]. Please include both your real name and pinside handle, and again I can't make any promises, so please don't take any offence if you are not added.

#12008 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Dirty pool will 100% return. Pending time of the next release with a better notification of your current playfield multiplier. It's one of my all time favorite shots in pinball.
In terms of Beta Testers we do have them. May need to add a few more. I can't make any promises, but if you are interested, send me an email at [email protected]. Please include both your real name and pinside handle, and again I can't make any promises, so please don't take any offence if you are not added.

Thanks and Ill say,
If you wanna be a beta tester, please know what you are talking about. Sure, Id love to be a tester and say I had early code, but I dont play enough to ask for that role. We dont need more noise, so please be serious. There are some clear people here who should be added...

I will keep 1.09 and submit anything i see as an issue.

Signed
Somewhat worried but believing!

#12009 1 year ago

I would even add that as a beta tester, there is increased risk of encountering bugs that could, for example, fry a coil. I don't think that's happened, but understand that the risk is higher. Of course, we'll take care of ya if anything goes wrong, but it's worth being aware of.

#12010 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I would even add that as a beta tester, there is increased risk of encountering bugs that could, for example, fry a coil. I don't think that's happened, but understand that the risk is higher. Of course, we'll take care of ya if anything goes wrong, but it's worth being aware of.

I believe that's what happened to me.

#12011 1 year ago

Definitely give AJ a call and let him know! He'll help you out.

#12012 1 year ago

I too would like the 1.08a if anyone is willing to share. Thanks

This will be hosted for everyone to access if you can provide me a download.

Quoted from jk2171:

#12013 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I too would like the 1.08a if anyone is willing to share. Thanks
This will be hosted for everyone to access if you can provide me a download.

https://spooky-pinball.s3.amazonaws.com/hwn/1.08a/code_H78.pkg

#12014 1 year ago

Is this the download and install with thumbdrive method or the create a new sd card image?

#12015 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is this the download and install with thumbdrive method or the create a new sd card image?

the former

#12016 1 year ago

So I didn't realize that the First Kill mode is in the game as a placeholder in the pumpkin mode menu.

Kind of bummed if the new mode and Judith tombstone gameplay was tied to the pumpkin modes, which is already packed. Kind of was hoping there would be just general gameplay attached to the target since it's so rarely used. It's not an easy target to hit, so not sure I would waste my pumpkin mode choice on a tombstone focused mode?

Hope I'm wrong and the tombstone/first kill stuff is perhaps achieved in another manner?

My issue is that you have only limited amount of pumpkin modes you will pick during a match, and I'm going to usually pick the ones that are easiest to score and complete, and already we got more modes than a player usually on average will complete in a play, so adding another mode to the pumpkin seems a bit much?

#12017 1 year ago

I’m sure the wiz mode will require you playing or completing all of the pumpkin modes so you might want to start practicing that now. I’ve has many games when I finished all of the modes except stalker…that one kicks my ass.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So I didn't realize that the First Kill mode is in the game as a placeholder in the pumpkin mode menu.
Kind of bummed if the new mode and Judith tombstone gameplay was tied to the pumpkin modes, which is already packed. Kind of was hoping there would be just general gameplay attached to the target since it's so rarely used. It's not an easy target to hit, so not sure I would waste my pumpkin mode choice on a tombstone focused mode?
Hope I'm wrong and the tombstone/first kill stuff is perhaps achieved in another manner?
My issue is that you have only limited amount of pumpkin modes you will pick during a match, and I'm going to usually pick the ones that are easiest to score and complete, and already we got more modes than a player usually on average will complete in a play, so adding another mode to the pumpkin seems a bit much?

#12018 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m sure the wiz mode will require you playing or completing all of the pumpkin modes so you might want to start practicing that now. I’ve has many games when I finished all of the modes except stalker…that one kicks my ass.

The game doesn't need a third wizard mode if another was already on the way. The previous complaints were about lack of use and gameplay attached to the tombstone outside of the skillshot. The other lock option to hit it 5 times was something rarely done, so the tombstone becomes a risky shot not worth bothering with.

We got so many locked modes and then already a new wizard mode after boogey, a third wizard really needed? I would rather see more general playfield use and gameplay given to the game as assets there.

#12019 1 year ago

The other lock option to hit it 5 times was something rarely done

I do this with just about every Ball 1 and 2 if I miss it on the skillshot. Big points in 5 shots AND a defacto extra ball. Totally worth it to find that shot.

#12020 1 year ago

I’m talking about the final wiz mode that has not been programmed yet, that is mos definitely needed as there is an insert for it haha

The game doesn't need a third wizard mode if another was already on the way. The previous complaints were about lack of use and gameplay attached to the tombstone outside of the skillshot. The other lock option to hit it 5 times was something rarely done, so the tombstone becomes a risky shot not worth bothering with.
We got so many locked modes and then already a new wizard mode after boogey, a third wizard really needed? I would rather see more general playfield use and gameplay given to the game as assets there.

#12021 1 year ago

I would like if they add maybe 2-3 smaller things to achieve in the game to widen the breadth, and maybe add to the other stuff, like with a multiplier. Could probably come up with some ideas.

#12022 1 year ago

I would love to see the tombstone used in more ways. It is such a cool and unique target. the sanitarium playfield should also be utilized in more or different ways. letting the ball just drain there during house mode is not fun.

#12023 1 year ago

Would someone be kind enough to maybe upload some video of the new code update or PM me some videos? I'm on the fence on installing it since it seems like a new update might be just around the corner to fix some of the items in the new update.

#12024 1 year ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Would someone be kind enough to maybe upload some video of the new code update or PM me some videos? I'm on the fence on installing it since it seems like a new update might be just around the corner to fix some of the items in the new update.

Here's some from a FB live video
https://fb.watch/hpQx1ncl3m/?mibextid=RUbZ1f

#12025 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I would love to see the tombstone used in more ways. It is such a cool and unique target. the sanitarium playfield should also be utilized in more or different ways. letting the ball just drain there during house mode is not fun.

They did add the targets to damage and heal during house mode in the sanitarium field, but it feels faster and easier to just let it drain and go back up the stairs haha.

Sanitarium mode/field in general are the areas I think need more tweaks or could be used in more areas. Tombstone is same way, it kind of feels useless hitting the tombstone unless you want to try and focus on the ball lock which to me is not worth the effort

#12026 1 year ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

I would just wait till the next update.

#12027 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would just wait till the next update.

+1. It will give us a good idea what a quick turn around is going forward.

#12028 1 year ago

Update, my game is still down. Received a package from Spooky today but only recieved 1 of the 3 items. This has happened multiple times now with them. Seems like they could save on shipping and send everything at once, or possibly someone is not filling orders correctly.
I am trying to not let this cause a bad taste for Spooky but this and the state of the code we recieved is just frustrating to say the least.
In all honesty though I have only played 1 ball on the new code. So maybe it's not as bad as I read.
Here's to hoping the new board gets replaced without a hitch.
Thanks for listening to me rant.

#12029 1 year ago

It’s a good update just missing some things from before - sounds like they had to take a few steps backward to make some huge leaps forward

Quoted from finnflash:

Update, my game is still down. Received a package from Spooky today but only recieved 1 of the 3 items. This has happened multiple times now with them. Seems like they could save on shipping and send everything at once, or possibly someone is not filling orders correctly.
I am trying to not let this cause a bad taste for Spooky but this and the state of the code we recieved is just frustrating to say the least.
In all honesty though I have only played 1 ball on the new code. So maybe it's not as bad as I read.

#12030 1 year ago

I have the ability to pick one up tomorrow and wanted to know if I pull the trigger is there still a way for me to gt that House mod I see on other people's Halloween? Is there a website I can go to or a pinside store I need to visit?

#12031 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I have the ability to pick one up tomorrow and wanted to know if I pull the trigger is there still a way for me to gt that House mod I see on other people's Halloween? Is there a website I can go to or a pinside store I need to visit?

Yep. Just message Vimtoman

#12032 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Yep. Just message Vimtoman

Thanks! How about the decals I see people using on the center drop targets?

#12033 1 year ago

Thanks! How about the decals I see people using on the center drop targets?

Message Pinkitten

#12034 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Message Pinkitten

Perfect! Any other awesome mods I should consider as I do not see too many wen I do a search on the web.

#12035 1 year ago

I’m so excited, did my first solder job today on anything ever. My sanitarium drop target died so I reached out to mpdpvdpin since I know he recently had the same issue. He said the switch was probably bad so I called spooky and AJ had me try a couple things that didn’t work and agreed it was probably a bad switch. So tonight I got the new part and soldered it in myself. It ain’t pretty but it works!

Sorry, just wanted to share and also highlight for anyone that may have a similar issue.

#12036 1 year ago

Perfect! Any other awesome mods I should consider as I do not see too many wen I do a search on the web.

John_C made some awesome Ford 1979 station wagon replicas

#12037 1 year ago

Nice, happy to help! Always a great feeling to successfully fix something yourself.

Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m so excited, did my first solder job today on anything ever. My sanitarium drop target died so I reached out to mpdpvdpin since I know he recently had the same issue. He said the switch was probably bad so I called spooky and AJ had me try a couple things that didn’t work and agreed it was probably a bad switch. So tonight I got the new part and soldered it in myself. It ain’t pretty but it works!
Sorry, just wanted to share and also highlight for anyone that may have a similar issue.

#12038 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The code is fine, lot of nice new touches. Only real missing thing is the dirty pool shot which is a bit of a rare shot. The main issues folks have had are some presentation glitches here and there.

#12039 1 year ago

I'd hit up Cento Creations in the pinside shops for the stairway & sidewalk ramp decal mods. They really look like they should have been there from the factory.

#12040 1 year ago

The code is fine, lot of nice new touches. Only real missing thing is the dirty pool shot which is a bit of a rare shot. The main issues folks have had are some presentation glitches here and there.

Well I'm glad no one else had the issues I had with the code. But hopefully fixed soon

#12041 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Well I'm glad no one else had the issues I had with the code. But hopefully fixed soon

Don't think it's code that caused that coil problem, just sounds like bad luck

#12042 1 year ago

Don't think it's code that caused that coil problem, just sounds like bad luck

Just seems odd first ball on new code after 3 months of playing

#12043 1 year ago

Is Matt still responding to emails? I haven’t heard back from last one and only want to send him one if I find a bug.

#12044 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just seems odd first ball on new code after 3 months of playing

I uploaded to 1.08a only last week, straight after that my no.1 Michael servo was playing up and a few days ago my mini pc went to bios.
Just a coincidence I’m sure, sucks though when it was all good before. Spooky back up is great so I’m not worried.

#12045 1 year ago

Still on 1.08a and getting balls stuck on the magnet in House and Jack o Lantern about 30% of the time after I hit a super jackpot…they never release even when the ramp drops. Magnetized balls?!?

Edit: took a few links out of the spring that pulls the dump ramp down. Working pretty well now! Anyone having this issue should give this a shot.

Also, I think the Bob n Linda / House bug has to do with the house drop staying down even it shouldn’t be and allowing balls to be shot to the balcony which the game will recognize SOMETIMES haha

#12046 1 year ago

How do I disable extra balls I can't find it in the settings like I normally would? Thanks

#12047 1 year ago

Stupid question. Does any one else’s Spooky title screen look like this? The yellow logo in the bottom left corner? Even on 1.08a it is laggy and choppy.

0319723D-2A01-49B9-9773-394633DD7BE3 (resized).jpeg0319723D-2A01-49B9-9773-394633DD7BE3 (resized).jpeg
#12048 1 year ago

Playing on the new code and discovered what may be a bug.

Whenever starting "Laurie Slashes Back" and the ball plunges, the dump ramp will drop. I don't recall if this action was in previous code versions.

Does anyone else's machine do this?

#12049 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Playing on the new code and discovered what may be a bug.
Whenever starting "Laurie Slashes Back" and the ball plunges, the dump ramp will drop. I don't recall if this action was in previous code versions.
Does anyone else's machine do this?

Yup. Matt knows. It does that on a couple of the pumpkin modes…kinda goes into a short ball search.

#12050 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How do I disable extra balls I can't find it in the settings like I normally would? Thanks

Wait... You can get an extra ball??? Fuck my lack of skills!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/241?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.