Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 339.
#11951 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is the unfortunate problem of releasing two games at once. Resources are split between two games instead of focusing on one.

I hadn't even thought about this. I have confidence in the spooky team to see this code to completion but it's a mess right now with the bugs and polish. My other spooky games are coded fine which is what gives me confidence it will get completed and we won't be abandoned like some other manufacturers*cough* JJP. *Cough*

#11952 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m having that exact problem. I “shortened”
The spring…more tension, but maybe not enough? What did you do exactly? Wife gets really pissed off when it doesn’t drop…lol. Hard hit from the left flipper is when it won’t drop…from the right flipper it drops.

I grabbed 4 or 5 loops of the spring with needle nose players and pulled them over the hook. I don’t get anymore drop target bricks. They always go down now.

#11953 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Have you seen the new 3D printed scoop mod that may fix this shot for you?
It just slides on.
It may be worth getting for your issue.

RM

RussMyers: where is the link man! I will print this bad boy right now. Faster printer! Print print!

#11954 1 year ago

Said it before on this Thread and the UM Thread...there are 3 other scoop deflectors right there on your PF. IF you are having issues with your main deflector, swap in one of the others.

Luckily, my scoop has always been on the hungry side of fair.

#11955 1 year ago

Ok, just for the record there are some cool things in this update. Different animations, better clarity on clips, some new light animations. Just need to clean up the bugs and initiate some ideas for Judith shot and some other things.

I know I sound like I'm complaining, but I expected more because they said there would be more.

It's still an amazing game just waiting for it's potential to be unleashed.

#11956 1 year ago

Another reminder to email [email protected] about the specific bugs that need fixed.

#11957 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I wouldn't. My wife asked if I could reload the old code.
Hopefully they fix some of these bugs soon

I asked this question a day or two ago. I’m assuming you can put the old code back in. I’m going to give it a try.

#11958 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Have you seen the new 3D printed scoop mod that may fix this shot for you?
It just slides on.
It may be worth getting for your issue.

RM

I have two on order.....

#11959 1 year ago

Did they remove the dirty pool shot? Ingot it this evening and didn't get anything and the house didn't open up?

#11960 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I think they added the second knocker as he is falling back. It is louder than the first one. I think it was done on purpose and like it.

There is only one gunshot in the movie, there should be no second knock. If the second knock is supposed to represent falling back(cant imagine why) then it should not be the louder of the two. Falling back should be a thud if they feel the need to make a sound. Not a second knock.

#11961 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is only one gunshot in the movie, there should be no second knock. If the second knock is supposed to represent falling back(cant imagine why) then it should not be the louder of the two. Falling back should be a thud if they feel the need to make a sound. Not a second knock.

House attack has nothing to do with the shooting scene. The gunshots don't come into play till boogeyman mode where all 6 shots are represented, with a knock for each shot you succeed at.

#11962 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I thought the first knock is the wire hanger attacking him and the second with him falling back. Just an opinion.

#11963 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

House attack has nothing to do with the shooting scene. The gunshots don't come into play till boogeyman mode where all 6 shots are represented, with a knock for each shot you succeed at.

When he gets shot, after shooting the ball over the bridge and him falling over the balcony, is one shot. Thats what Im talking about. Its now 2 i believe and doesnt fit.

#11964 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I thought the first knock is the wire hanger attacking him and the second with him falling back. Just an opinion.

The clip is her shooting Michael one time, one knock, he falls off the balcony.

#11965 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Did they remove the dirty pool shot? Ingot it this evening and didn't get anything and the house didn't open up?

I’m hoping it’s an oversight…I loved that shot!

#11966 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m hoping it’s an oversight…I loved that shot!

Twice I hit the center target and the knife is not blue anymore I think it's been removed. They need to bring that back

#11967 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Twice I hit the center target and the knife is not blue anymore I think it's been removed. They need to bring that back

Im pulling glass tomorrow to check, because that shot was sorta why i felt so good about my purchase, when seeing the video. When I made it for the first time, i was like ohh yea!!!

Bring it back, if its gone that is.

#11968 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Why remove that? If they did intentionally remove that, it’s puzzling. It’s not like it’s too easy and counts as a cheat. I’ve only achieved that twice, both accidental, where I dropped the center target and then split the other two and started the house battle. (My drops are stubborn and often stay up with direct hits. They fall easier with soft or glancing shots). I haven’t loaded the new code and it sounds like maybe I shouldn’t. So the new code described as adding lots more movie clips and content is still coming? Or is this the big code update?

#11969 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

RussMyers: where is the link man! I will print this bad boy right now. Faster printer! Print print!

You order it from the creator Vimtoman (same guy who makes the House Mod, etc)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod/page/10#post-7272175

RM

#11970 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im pulling glass tomorrow to check, because that shot was sorta why i felt so good about my purchase, when seeing the video. When I made it for the first time, i was like ohh yea!!!
Bring it back, if its gone that is.

It is gone. I hit the shot twice since the code update and it did nothing like it used to.

Hopefully this update will pave the way for quicker easier update of more content. The videos do look much better, now to iron out the bugs!

#11971 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The clip is her shooting Michael one time, one knock, he falls off the balcony.

What? Laurie doesn't shoot Myers in Halloween. The House attack MB moment is the stabbing in the eye with the hangar

#11972 1 year ago

What? Laurie doesn't shoot Myers in Halloween. The House attack MB moment is the stabbing in the eye with the hangar

I think he meant Loomis shooting Michael, but I don’t think that occurs in House MB

#11973 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he meant Loomis shooting Michael, but I don’t think that occurs in House MB

That only happens in boogeyman wizard mode. You got to lock six balls, each one represents a shot and when you lock Loomis shoots and the kicker goes off as well at same time each time he shoots.

#11974 1 year ago

That only happens in boogeyman wizard mode. You got to lock six balls, each one represents a shot and when you lock Loomis shoots and the kicker goes off as well at same time each time he shoots.

I must be confused, carry on, but still only seems like it should be one knock.

#11975 1 year ago

Since the 1.09 update has anyone else noticed starting the game up seems to take longer? It's not a big deal, I just want to know if it's universal or unique to my HW. File size is 1/12 the size of RUSH and less than 1/3 the size of the latest RAM so I wouldn't think it would slow the initialization of HW.

#11976 1 year ago

Which I still have not seen!!

#11977 1 year ago

Right. The two knocks are from her stabbing michael, should only be one knock for the stab and then include a thud when he falls, not a knock. Try and queue the knock exactly when her arm extends forward.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:What? Laurie doesn't shoot Myers in Halloween. The House attack MB moment is the stabbing in the eye with the hangar

#11978 1 year ago

Default Spooky Amp Settings

Amp_settings (resized).jpgAmp_settings (resized).jpg
#11979 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Since the 1.09 update has anyone else noticed starting the game up seems to take longer? It's not a big deal, I just want to know if it's universal or unique to my HW. File size is 1/12 the size of RUSH and less than 1/3 the size of the latest RAM so I wouldn't think it would slow the initialization of HW.

I can lose 3 balls on Cactus Canyon before Halloween finishes booting. Thats turning all the machines at the same time.

#11980 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I can lose 3 balls on Cactus Canyon before Halloween finishes booting. Thats turning all the machines at the same time.

It is bad enough that my partner came to tell me there was something wrong with Halloween after she turned it on. I went to investigate but nope, just still loading.

#11981 1 year ago

Oh man, I only updated to 1.08a the other day. Straight after that Michael no.1 was flakey, just turned it on and get the bios screen
Less than a hundred plays and delivered weeks ago.
Not good at all, dropping like flies.

#11982 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Same here. All scores were gone

I did the update with the game in attract mode.Got a message saying all

Quoted from Morgoth00:

It is bad enough that my partner came to tell me there was something wrong with Halloween after she turned it on. I went to investigate but nope, just still loading.

I guess I was bored and just did a boot up time test on a few pins.
Hallloweens not that bad really.
Super Mario bros-2.5 seconds!
Cactus Canyon remake-30seconds
Toy Story-57seconds
Godzilla-51seconds
Halloween-99seconds

#11983 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I did the update with the game in attract mode.Got a message saying all

Toy Story-57seconds
Godzilla-51seconds
Halloween-99seconds

Nice work. Don't forget to add "All classic games, >3 seconds"

#11984 1 year ago

Yea classic games almost always were ready to go within turning them on unless it had some weird contraption that ran an initialization beforehand like the old Jurassic Park needing to test the T-rex at start each time.

#11985 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Super Mario bros-2.5 seconds!
Toy Story-57seconds
Godzilla-51seconds
Halloween-99seconds

I have my Rick and Morty and Ultraman hooked up to a Wi-Fi outlet so I can turn them on a few minutes before I even get up to play. $20 will solve the waiting problem.

#11986 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I have my Rick and Morty and Ultraman hooked up to a Wi-Fi outlet so I can turn them on a few minutes before I even get up to play. $20 will solve the waiting problem.

They take so long to boot up these days it’s not even worth waiting anymore.

#11987 1 year ago

The dirty pool shot is def gone. Tested it with the glass off and I can’t get it to start anymore. If you guys are having drop target issues I found replacing them all with these have been much more reliable. They were recommended by Luke from spooky. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html

#11988 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Any tweaks to flipper control? My flippers start way overpowered and get super hot after long sessions, hotter than any other game I've ever had. There are EOS switches but adjusting them seems to do nothing - are you using these to cut power to the high-current winding?

Please add flipper power settings to the next release. The first game after turning the machine on I think I'm going to snap the drop targets off. And shots to the Sanitarium tend to fly right back out.

Did any of the releases increase the default flipper power from what it was originally?

#11989 1 year ago

Was just playing and I think the bob and Linda bug happens no matter if the mode is stacked with house or not. It seems like the very last shot in the mode just sits on the dump ramp magnet no matter what until it goes into ball search. This is on the very last shot to finish the mode and not to be confused with the nail file video shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Not trying to be a jerk, just want to get to the bottom of these bugs.

#11990 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:Was just playing and I think the bob and Linda bug happens no matter if the mode is stacked with house or not. It seems like the very last shot in the mode just sits on the dump ramp magnet no matter what until it goes into ball search. This is on the very last shot to finish the mode and not to be confused with the nail file video shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Not trying to be a jerk, just want to get to the bottom of these bugs.

I got it to drop with a ball search I believe, so maybe mode actuay helps it?!

#11991 1 year ago

I noticed another bug from 1.09 I think....used to, if you drained early but still had ball save, you'd hear the PJ Soles custom call outs "Hey, get back in there", etc. Now, those are gone too.

#11992 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

The dirty pool shot is def gone. Tested it with the glass off and I can’t get it to start anymore. If you guys are having drop target issues I found replacing them all with these have been much more reliable. They were recommended by Luke from spooky. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html

This is a bummer, please Spooky bring this back with next update SpookyLuke

#11993 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I noticed another bug from 1.09 I think....used to, if you drained early but still had ball save, you'd hear the PJ Soles custom call outs "Hey, get back in there", etc. Now, those are gone too.

Are you sure? She didn't always say that, its kind of random

#11994 1 year ago

When Jack O Lantern Multiball/dont fear the reaper is going, judith myers murder audio should not get activated when balls fly into the lock area. Really wrecks that moment

#11995 1 year ago

I just emailed Matt if it's possible when the Don't Fear the Reaper Song is playing if that can be the only audio you hear till you are down to one ball. I really think most people here would love that song just playing without any other call outs and hearing other audio cutting in and out and ruining the moment. At that point you are just jamming trying to hit the balls without losing them. Thoughts?

#11996 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Has anyone emailled m4tt about dirty pool no longer working?

RM

#11997 1 year ago

Are you sure? She didn't always say that, its kind of random

That was just one I could remember. I know there were a few different ones, but none have fired now, if you drain with Ball Save still on.

#11998 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I just emailed Matt if it's possible when the Don't Fear the Reaper Song is playing if that can be the only audio you hear till you are down to one ball. I really think most people here would love that song just playing without any other call outs and hearing other audio cutting in and out and ruining the moment. At that point you are just jamming trying to hit the balls without losing them. Thoughts?

I’d like some key callouts like jackpots… but would love if the song got louder and took over the experience.

#11999 1 year ago

Nahhh I think I’d like hear the game as well…shot sfx, jackpot and super jackpot callouts etc. Would be a real weird vibe for all the sounds to go down just so you can jam along to BOC. It’s a game, not a jukebox after all.

I feel like I should as here as well that Matt was kind enough to leave us his personal email for bug reporting and that’s what it should be used for. If everyone and their mother starts emailing him about everything they want to see in the game he’ll never get to the bugs. Let’s not drive this guy crazy.

Quoted from waletboy:

#12000 1 year ago

Speaking of SFX…I’m having an issue with those haha. I sent in service ticket but I figure I’ll post here as well.

When I’m in multiball I get a flurry of repetitive sound effects. They interrupt eachother and do not appear to be triggered by actual game play. For each one of the multiballs it’s a different sound. One is a swiping sound one is a woooosh sound and the third is like a clattering wood / shackles kind of sound.

I have no random sounds triggering in single ball play and oddly enough if I trap up all my balls it seems to stop for awhile and then come back after a bit of playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/240?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.