20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 339.
#11851 1 year ago

What does the left ramp do in hedge multiball? I believe I was able to score the super jackpot last night by hitting each green blood target in front of each Michael and then hitting it in the Michael scoops one by one. Then the middle MIchael scoop went rainbow and I hit it and it said super jackpot. I'm just confused what the left ramp does since it's lit green and seems to play different movies scenes like the clothesline scene. What's the deal?

#11852 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What does the left ramp do in hedge multiball? I believe I was able to score the super jackpot last night by hitting each green blood target in front of each Michael and then hitting it in the Michael scoops one by one. Then the middle MIchael scoop went rainbow and I hit it and it said super jackpot. I'm just confused what the left ramp does since it's lit green and seems to play different movies scenes like the clothesline scene. What's the deal?

Doesn;t it show you were Micheal is hiding?

#11853 1 year ago

L ramp qualifies a jackpot at the hedge. After three hedge jackpots the center hedge will be qualified for the super jackpot

Quoted from Deez:

#11854 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The upper playfield going dead while I am shooting the spinners.

Did it time out?

Because the upper PF goes dead when you run out of time.

#11855 1 year ago

Yeah - no more boobs I noticed as well

Quoted from Beechwood:

So I got the new code loaded.
Some cool new things, but overall it is a hot mess. Bob and Linda just sitting there when I get the balcony shot the second time, waiting on a ball search. Oh, and the boob scene was cut off by some animated frames? The upper playfield going dead while I am shooting the spinners.
WTF? Was this update even tested.

#11856 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yeah - no more boobs I noticed as well

Turn Adult Mode back on?

#11857 1 year ago

My update turned off the adult mode...or maybe it wasn't on from the last update?

But I ran Bob & Lynda a few times and I think House was running each time and it was just a complete cluster fuck on the screen.

#11858 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Turn Adult Mode back on?

First thing I did after the update was turn it back on lol. I earned those boobs goddammit!!

#11859 1 year ago

This code is a mess. A few cool screen shots but appears untested.

#11860 1 year ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

This code is a mess. A few cool screen shots but appears untested.

My concern with this sudden code announcement, was to simply push it put before they announced Scooby. There are some improvements for sure, but then some head scratchers too.

And a reminder, Spooky said they be updating code for a year, but that was like 6 months ago.

#11861 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone else notice the dirty pool shot is gone after the update? Used to be if you knocked down the center drop target and then split them perfectly to the upper playfield without hitting the other 2 drops. Seems to do nothing now upon achieving it. Thought it used to award 5 million and automatically start house battle with Michael. Spooky Luke or bug can you confirm? Def One of my favorite things to achieve. Also, if anyone is still getting center ramp rejects try changing your divert flip offset and divert lock offset. Changed mine to be divert flip offset = -6 and the divert lock offset to 9. Really seemed to make that shot much more reliable. Basically just try to align the servo up there to coincide with the center ramp exit in either position for the house lock or the return to left ramp. Hope this helps.

You are correct. Seems to be missing.

My middle drop target isn’t dropping with hard direct hits. I’ve tightened up the spring…still does it. Any other ideas?

#11862 1 year ago

I sure did - I’ll check again

Quoted from guitarded:

Turn Adult Mode back on?

#11863 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

L ramp qualifies a jackpot at the hedge. After three hedge jackpots the center hedge will be qualified for the super jackpot

So it's the same as hitting the blood targets? I can just loop the left ramo three times to qualify all hedge jackpots?

#11864 1 year ago

Not sure what you mean by same as blood targets but yes a good strategy is to send everything up the L ramp and then towards the Hedge shots. You can get the SJ pretty quickly and easily that way

Quoted from Deez:

So it's the same as hitting the blood targets? I can just loop the left ramo three times to qualify all hedge jackpots?

#11865 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So I got the new code loaded.
Some cool new things, but overall it is a hot mess. Bob and Linda just sitting there when I get the balcony shot the second time, waiting on a ball search. Oh, and the boob scene was cut off by some animated frames? The upper playfield going dead while I am shooting the spinners.
WTF? Was this update even tested.

Let me know if anyone can repeat this error on Bob & Linda. I'll also double check. Did you have any mode stacked? There were no changes to that mode beyond upscaling and extending clips.

As for the upper going dead that should only occured when Laurie's health reaches zero. It's a pseudo-timer to prevent that mode from taking over the game. It will automatically lower over time plus will lower 10% for hitting the red drop target. Light blue shots restore health. Damage done to Michael will carry over to the next time you start the mode.

Well look into how we can make this a bit more clear for the player.

Quoted from Deez:

What does the left ramp do in hedge multiball? ... What's the deal?

No change, just some additional clips added for the reveal. The targets and left ramp each reveal one hedge for jackpot. The sanitarium scoop reveals all of the remaining hedges for jackpots. Collect the three jackpots for the super-jackpot, which will add-a-ball.

#11866 1 year ago

Downloaded the 1.09 Update. I have code_H78 in my “Downloads” folder. Do I have to unzip it first before transferring it to my jump drive?

#11867 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Downloaded the 1.09 Update. I have code_H78 in my “Downloads” folder. Do I have to unzip it first before transferring it to my jump drive?

No

#11868 1 year ago

Do not unzip the file. The game will load the code once you plug in your usb and power the game on.

#11869 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Do not unzip the file. The game will load the code once you plug in your usb and power the game on.

What USB on the board? The one with the gold sticker?

#11870 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

There's one in the coin door on The left

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Any of them should work, or the extension cord that runs just inside the coin door.

#11872 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The sanitarium scoop reveals all of the remaining hedges for jackpots.

This is a nugget.

#11873 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Any of them should work, or the extension cord that runs just inside the coin door.

I have code_H78 downloaded to my USB drive. I tried all three USB ports and the game just boots up regularly. It’s not recognizing the USB stick

3D072837-24C5-41E0-921B-5932C7111BD4 (resized).jpeg3D072837-24C5-41E0-921B-5932C7111BD4 (resized).jpeg
#11874 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Let me know if anyone can repeat this error on Bob & Linda. I'll also double check. Did you have any mode stacked? There were no changes to that mode beyond upscaling and extending clips.
As for the upper going dead that should only occured when Laurie's health reaches zero. It's a pseudo-timer to prevent that mode from taking over the game. It will automatically lower over time plus will lower 10% for hitting the red drop target. Light blue shots restore health. Damage done to Michael will carry over to the next time you start the mode.

Could a timer like mechanic for Sanitarium be implemented as well since that mode takes over the game and screen/music when it's on and feels like only way to end it is to finish the mode or ball drain? Basically stuck having to keep attempting sanitarium over and over to get that stupid gate down and failing while can't really move on or try anything else as it shuts off so many other things.

I actively avoid the mode as if you fail to get the gate down to start the MB, it just can go on and on and it's just non stop trying to get back up to the sanitarium field, and with house being turned off when it's on, can't use the center ramp to get upstairs to drain down into the sanitarium. It can be a basic lock out as you just keep trying to get back to the sanitarium, while House and Hedge all have natural endings and don't lock you out till drain.

Or if there was some more opening up of the rest of the playfield to scoring and other play during Sanitarium perhaps? Like being able to score patient targets before even starting the MB for jackpots?

#11875 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I have code_H78 downloaded to my USB drive. I tried all three USB ports and the game just boots up regularly. It’s not recognizing the USB stick
[quoted image]

Reformat it, Fat32, 32bit. Then check the size.. Or, just re-download it. I had an incomplete download somehow that was messing with me.

#11876 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

[quoted image]

That's what mine was doing but then I realized I was using a 64gb flash drive. Switched to a 16gb and everything worked fine. Maybe something like that for you?

#11877 1 year ago

This happens on my game frequently while ‘bob and Linda’ and ‘House’ is stacked. If the balcony shot is qualified at the same time in both modes the ball will just sit on the magnet and the game never goes into ball search. It’s like the game gets confused when two outcomes are triggered by the same shot at the same time so it essentially freezes up.

Quoted from lpeters82:

No change, just some additional clips added for the reveal. The targets and left ramp each reveal one hedge for jackpot. The sanitarium scoop reveals all of the remaining hedges for jackpots. Collect the three jackpots for the super-jackpot, which will add-a-ball.

#11878 1 year ago

Sanitarium and House just should not take up AV precedent in a stack. They should have smaller versions of the animations that play over the pumpkin mode AV. They should ONLY take over once the multiball is started. This is really such a simple conclusion to this problem and I’m very surprised that it has not been implemented. Even the bad animation for Sanitarium wouldn’t look so bad if it were running small and in the lower right hand corner.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Could a timer like mechanic for Sanitarium be implemented as well since that mode takes over the game and screen/music when it's on and feels like only way to end it is to finish the mode or ball drain? Basically stuck having to keep attempting sanitarium over and over to get that stupid gate down and failing while can't really move on or try anything else as it shuts off so many other things.
I actively avoid the mode as if you fail to get the gate down to start the MB, it just can go on and on and it's just non stop trying to get back up to the sanitarium field, and with house being turned off when it's on, can't use the center ramp to get upstairs to drain down into the sanitarium. It can be a basic lock out as you just keep trying to get back to the sanitarium, while House and Hedge all have natural endings and don't lock you out till drain.
Or if there was some more opening up of the rest of the playfield to scoring and other play during Sanitarium perhaps? Like being able to score patient targets before even starting the MB for jackpots?

#11879 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This happens on my game frequently while ‘bob and Linda’ and ‘House’ is stacked. If the balcony shot is qualified at the same time in both modes the ball will just sit on the magnet and the game never goes into ball search. It’s like the game gets confused when two outcomes are triggered by the same shot at the same time so it essentially freezes up.

This may sound strange, but I'm very smart and successful. But I can't figure out with certainty when I'm stacking modes. I can't look up long enough to see the display and keep the balls in play. It's like a chore instead of fun.

We need to simplify the game play a little to feel like we are in the movie instead of just lost...

#11880 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sanitarium and House just should not take up AV precedent in a stack. They should have smaller versions of the animations that play over the pumpkin mode AV. They should ONLY take over once the multiball is started. This is really such a simple conclusion to this problem and I’m very surprised that it has not been implemented. Even the bad animation for Sanitarium wouldn’t look so bad if it were running small and in the lower right hand corner.

Have you emailed Matt on the issue?

#11881 1 year ago

Could a timer like mechanic for Sanitarium be implemented as well since that mode takes over the game and screen/music when it's on and feels like only way to end it is to finish the mode or ball drain?

Absolutely, a lot of the modes need timers, or shots to be moved after a set amount of time since people tend to get stuck on certain shots.

#11882 1 year ago

Or just let it run but not take over the UI until the multiball begins.

Quoted from SpookyBug:

Absolutely, a lot of the modes need timers, or shots to be moved after a set amount of time since people tend to get stuck on certain shots.

#11883 1 year ago

This has been a known issue since the game shipped, didn’t think I had to.

Quoted from waletboy:

Have you emailed Matt on the issue?

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Here's what is weird. I get the stacking modes for scoring etc. But it's Halloween, the movie. Do we watch two or three scenes at the same time? Makes no sense except for scoring.

I want to beat Micheal, one mode at a time. Like the movie.

#11885 1 year ago

Then don’t stack anything, you have the ball. Use it as you like. Also, this is not Halloween the movie. This is Halloween the pinball machine. Huge difference.

Quoted from Beechwood:

Here's what is weird. I get the stacking modes for scoring etc. But it's Halloween, the movie. Do we watch two or three scenes at the same time? Makes no sense except for scoring.
I want to beat Micheal, one mode at a time. Like the movie.

#11886 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Then don’t stack anything, you have the ball. Use it as you like.

You assume I am good at pinball

#11887 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

...But it's Halloween, the movie. Do we watch two or three scenes....

Ok we need to get off this non-sensicle
Idea that we are watching a movie, because we aren't, we're playing a game.
No one wants a linear game where you have to play all the modes on order etc.

#11888 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Reformat it, Fat32, 32bit. Then check the size.. Or, just re-download it. I had an incomplete download somehow that was messing with me.

Got it!! I just reformatted and it worked!!

#11889 1 year ago

My man, if you are good enough to accidentally stack modes you are also good enough to intentionally not. Like..you wanna play an individual mode? Well don’t shoot the center ramp five times and start house…or…stay out of the sani playfield and if you end up there don’t shoot anything haha. Kind of an absurd take here haha

Quoted from Beechwood:

You assume I am good at pinball

#11890 1 year ago

Also still a bit glaring is just a callout/screen for House Multiball start. It's great when the ball goes across the balcony, the knocker fires and the video clip plays - but then the music kicks in, the ball falls off the balcony and multiball starts with no callout. Everyone who plays it thinks that once you shot across the balcony it's actually the end of the mode and it's finished... but then all the additional balls start getting launched and they are a bit surprised as to where the MB came from.

#11891 1 year ago

I mean Star Wars DOES have a setting for one mode at a time but I hate it

#11892 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I'll add it to the quick fix list.

Could a timer like mechanic for Sanitarium be implemented as well since that mode takes over the game and screen/music when it's on and feels like only way to end it is to finish the mode or ball drain?

This almost made this update. It's about 90% implemented and will be selectable in the menu. Pending the difficulty you will also be able to reach the sanitarium from the center ramp, which should help with not feeling locked into that multiball qualification.

#11893 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My update turned off the adult mode...or maybe it wasn't on from the last update?
But I ran Bob & Lynda a few times and I think House was running each time and it was just a complete cluster fuck on the screen.

Same experience for me too. It acted like it was overwhelmed and was just playing random audio and video clips. Everything was out of sync.

#11894 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

[quoted image]

When I have updated my Ultraman, it never recognized the update USB on boot, but if I plugged the USB in after it the game was fully booted and waited maybe a minute or two, it would start the update process.

RM

#11895 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This almost made this update. It's about 90% implemented and will be selectable in the menu. Pending the difficulty you will also be able to reach the sanitarium from the center ramp, which should help with not feeling locked into that multiball qualification.

How quick will updates roll out now?

#11896 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yusssss

#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My man, if you are good enough to accidentally stack modes you are also good enough to intentionally not. Like..you wanna play an individual mode? Well don’t shoot the center ramp five times and start house…or…stay out of the sani playfield and if you end up there don’t shoot anything haha. Kind of an absurd take here haha

It just doesn't make sense to have Michael on top of the car during death in the drivers seat and trying to beat the mode while you are trying to hit the spinners on house mode to beat him as well in a different mode while trying to hit specific lit shots to beat him in yet another mode. I have Michaels coming from everywhere and I am not sure how to beat him when there are 3 multiple objectives I have to accomplish. Maybe it is just me, but I find it super confusing and not enjoyable.

Sorry but the way it stands right now it is just not fun.

#11898 1 year ago

Shoots what is lit. If everything is lit, shoot everything until there’s nothing. Youre welcome.

Quoted from Beechwood:

It just doesn't make sense to have Michael on top of the car during death in the drivers seat and trying to beat the mode while you are trying to hit the spinners on house mode to beat him as well in a different mode while trying to hit specific lit shots to beat him in yet another mode. I have Michaels coming from everywhere and I am not sure how to beat him when there are 3 multiple objectives I have to accomplish. Maybe it is just me, but I find it super confusing and not enjoyable.
Sorry but the way it stands right now it is just not fun.

#11899 1 year ago

Can you rollback to the old code until these bugs get ironed out? New code with the vids and audio out of sync, vids being interrupted with other vids and animation clips is annoying. Bob ghost standing in the doorway, audio but no vid. Few others also. Also saw a vid freeze as well. Michael has Bob stabbed to the wall. Never seen these issues with past codes. I’d just rather wait until it’s good to go. Thanks!

#11900 1 year ago

Micheal with Bob stabbed to wall is a known issue. That when we hear nail filing going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.