Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 340.
#11651 1 year ago

Don’t want to repeat - but what many have summarized is accurate - much better video clips and more of them. Dare I say we have enough right now and I much rather you guys focus on these legacy terrible animations like sanitarium and the mode where she’s stabbing him with knitting needle - wow that stop animation is bad.

Some sound during hedge mb was raised but please please please spooky increase the Halloween theme during it! It’s literally the main theme of the game and it’s not nearly loud enough. It’s probably the quietest music in the game right now which is crazy.

God that ball save is so epic. Def great improvements, if limited but I’m excited to see what’s next. Maybe just the volume for mb can be a quick hot fix?!

#11652 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Fair enough, would recommend the update documentation not saying anything like this then:
****PLEASE READ****
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR MACHINES WITH THE ORIGINAL UP BOARD
IF YOU HAVE A NEWER MACHINE WITH A COMPUTER THAT HAS A CASE DO NOT USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
NEW IMAGES FOR THOSE COMPUTERS SEE END OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR MORE DETAILS

This refers to the restore - that process is different for the two PC models. Updates are the same. I just updated an up-board model no problem.

#11653 1 year ago

One link is for an update and the other is restore. Only use restore if your machine doesn’t boot at all.

#11654 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don’t want to repeat - but what many have summarized is accurate - much better video clips and more of them. Dare I say we have enough right now and I much rather you guys focus on these legacy terrible animations like sanitarium and the mode where she’s stabbing him with knitting needle - wow that stop animation is bad.
Some sound during hedge mb was raised but please please please spooky increase the Halloween theme during it! It’s literally the main theme of the game and it’s not nearly loud enough.
God that ball save is so epic. Def great improvements, if limited but I’m excited to see what’s next. Maybe just the volume for mb can be a quick hot fix?!

Agreed! Main theme song needs to be louder!

#11655 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

What are you talking about…??? It’s the same update process regardless… Man you are really hung up on this and board thing…

The main update link goes to a .pkg file. The update documentation says if you're using an old board to use the extracted contents of a separate .zip file (which includes a bunch of files and folders) and to not use the .pkg file. I'm hung up on the board thing because they have made it convoluted for me to just update this game. If I'm okay with just using the .pkg file, why does the documentation say something different?

Quoted from metallik:

This refers to the restore - that process is different for the two PC models. Updates are the same. I just updated an up-board model no problem.

Quoted from waletboy:

One link is for an update and the other is restore. Only use restore if your machine doesn’t boot at all.

Thank you for the clarification sans snarky remarks. Would be cool if spooky would clarify that on the webpage, though.

#11656 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The main update link goes to a .pkg file. The update documentation says if you're using an old board to use the extracted contents of a separate .zip file (which includes a bunch of files and folders) and to not use the .pkg file. I'm hung up on the board thing because they have made it convoluted for me to just update this game. If I'm okay with just using the .pkg file, why does the documentation say something different?

Yes I agree could be explained better! I was just trying to help out!
Thank you for the clarification sans snarky remarks. Would be cool if spooky would clarify that on the webpage, though.

#11657 1 year ago

Those are all restore instructions.. the problem is spooky doesn't really have update instructions on that page, just notes on how to use the thumbdrive. The update instructions would be:

- download the .pkg file
- copy it to the root of a USB stick formatted FAT32 or NTFS
- insert the stick into a free slot on the motherboard (or possibly a USB extension cable inside the coindoor)
- power on the game. After fully booting it will begin the update automatically.

#11658 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Those are all restore instructions.. the problem is spooky doesn't really have update instructions on that page, just notes on how to use the thumbdrive. The update instructions would be:
- download the .pkg file
- insert the stick into a free slot on the motherboard (or possibly a USB extension cable inside the coindoor)
- power on the game. After fully booting it will begin the update automatically.

Oh, sweet! I thought it had to be unzipped too. My Mac wasn’t allowing it. Looks like I should be able to play tonight after all.

#11659 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

- download the .pkg file

^^ This is all most people will need.

We'll get those update instructions streamlined, and break out the full restore instructions under a heading like "Above didn't work? You might need to try the following:"

#11660 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Agreed! Main theme song needs to be louder!

There's music and voice adjustments in the settings now, try turning voices down and music up a bit, see how you like it.

#11661 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

The good thing about having programmers in New Zealand as well, is that it's tomorrow afternoon here =) so I'm still on the clock and already looking at stuff like video clips we can hear but not see, as well as a couple of other things people have emailed through to me. Keep those coming to [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.

FANTASTIC work so far! I am very glad you are on the Spooky team. Looking forward to seeing where you take it from here. Keep up the great work!

#11662 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's music and voice adjustments in the settings now, try turning voices down and music up a bit, see how you like it.

I saw that but the main theme is much lower than all the other music so we're left with all the music now being really loud, drowning out the other modes. Spooky needs to just increase the volume of the Halloween theme.

#11663 1 year ago

It's starting to look a lot tidier now - absolutely LOVE that ball save and the new replay animation is crazy good.

Video clips also much better, and there's quite a few new ones so that's really nice.

On my game, the score UI and collected blood drops are remaining on the screen after the game is over (and so are overlaid on the attract screen) - I don't think that's supposed to happen?

20221209_143044 (resized).jpg20221209_143044 (resized).jpg
#11664 1 year ago

I'm getting this error when trying to download the update file from Google drive.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11665 1 year ago

I love the Michael breathing noises thru the game. So spooky.

#11666 1 year ago

Very interesting that we have an avatar now by our score. Is this completely random? I wonder if this is a precursor to some sort of character select? I only got two quick games in, but had Loomis one game and Annie once. Even if it's just a random add with nothing more to it, I like it!

As others have said...freaking killer ball save screen. My only suggestion would be make the text smaller and maybe a less stark/generic font. But it's awesome. And I think I caught a glimpse of another "adult mode" moment of Judith getting stabbed? Good stuff.

#11667 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I'm getting this error when trying to download the update file from Google drive.
[quoted image]

Same error. Is there a backup link? Mac didn't work and forced to use PC

#11668 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I saw that but the main theme is much lower than all the other music so we're left with all the music now being really loud, drowning out the other modes. Spooky needs to just increase the volume of the Halloween theme.

The audio in general is all over the place in the game, you put down voices then they are too quiet, but you got random clips that are LOUD. The Loomis call outs are especially all out of wack with their volume and tone levels.

#11669 1 year ago

Really happy witht the new code that ball save animation is fantastic.

#11670 1 year ago

I know I already commented - what a good update.

#11671 1 year ago

Well… shit. I tried 2 different thumb drives (8G and 16G), both in FAT32 format, and it doesn’t like either of them. Any specific drives you’d recommend to get the job done? I appear to be in the market. Also... when buying a thumb drive - is it possible to know if it was formatted on a PC vs Mac? I have 2 Macs in the house and a ChromeBook. This house has several doors, but no Windows.

3A3813B5-47CA-4273-8308-5D3B6046D99E (resized).jpeg3A3813B5-47CA-4273-8308-5D3B6046D99E (resized).jpeg

#11672 1 year ago

No one else had any issues after the update?

#11673 1 year ago

Hey was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with their Halloween Pin. Seem to have a problem with the upper playfield house drop target randomly not engaging or trying to reset multiple times. Here's a video of it trying to reset multiple times and as I said it's not just trying to reset sometimes it doesn't pop up again when it should?

#11674 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Well… shit. I tried 2 different thumb drives (8G and 16G), both in FAT32 format, and it doesn’t like either of them. Any specific drives you’d recommend to get the job done? I appear to be in the market…
[quoted image]

Since the the first update posted was wrong,did you download the file a second time ?
If so the computer changes the file name,which won’t work if it’s has extra numbers added to it.

#11675 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Since the the first update posted was wrong,did you download the file a second time ?
If so the computer changes the file name,which won’t work if it’s has extra numbers added to it.

No extra numbers. I deleted the first update before downloading the correct one.

#11676 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Hey was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with their Halloween Pin. Seem to have a problem with the upper playfield house drop target randomly not engaging or trying to reset multiple times. Here's a video of it trying to reset multiple times and as I said it's not just trying to reset sometimes it doesn't pop up again when it should?

I think it pops back up because it is red and your not supposed to hit it til you hit enough spinners. Once you complete spinners it changes to purple.

#11677 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’ve never had any luck on Mac.
Even though they say it should work.
Just have to use a pc it always work for me using a PC.

#11678 1 year ago

Look like the website is down. Quota exceeded!

Patience is a virtue, they say ;o)

#11679 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think it pops back up because it is red and your not supposed to hit it til you hit enough spinners. Once you complete spinners it changes to purple.

Watch the video with sound. It’s constantly trying to push it back up even though it’s in the up position.

I’m a newb to all of this but there is an opto laser that gets blocked when that drop target is down. The drop target has a rubber cover on the bottom to block the laser and can come off (mine did). In my case I had the opposite issue, my opto never noticed when the drop target was down cause the laser shot through the drop target. Maybe in your case the rubber cover fell off but got itself stuck in the opto and now your machine thinks the drop target is always down when it’s not?

#11680 1 year ago

Well… shit. I tried 2 different thumb drives (8G and 16G), both in FAT32 format, and it doesn’t like either of them. Any specific drives you’d recommend to get the job done? I appear to be in the market. Also... when buying a thumb drive - is it possible to know if it was formatted on a PC vs Mac? I have 2 Macs in the house and a ChromeBook. This house has several doors, but no Windows.
[quoted image]

This is what I’ve been using without issue.

SanDisk 16GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-016G-B35 https://a.co/d/gPnqwCM

#11681 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

This is what I’ve been using without issue.
SanDisk 16GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-016G-B35 https://a.co/d/gPnqwCM

Thanks! Did you have to format it, or was it good to go right out of the box?

#11682 1 year ago

I like the ball save, clever. Can we get the video cleaned up? Looks really low-res and zoomed in?

The one thing i'm really disliking on this game is the audio. I wish Spooky could just mix and master everything, so we don't have to fiddle with speech vs music etc.. It's a pita and I'd rather be playing than fiddling with audio controllers, especially when things aren't even mixed properly within the code.

#11683 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well seems like some major bugs.
I was playing house multiball stacked with Bob and Lynda and I hit the right drop target and got the ball onto the upper playfield and the flipper was inactive during multiball so I couldn't hit the jackpot shot. This then happened a second time. On the third time I cleared the drops and the flipper worked fine but when the ball drained into the pumpkin the whole game shut down and went into mode select in the middle of multiball letting the other two balls drain to select a mode.
That was my first ball on my first game

This is present in the old code as well. Those are my favorite modes to stack bc of the similar shots on the upper playfield. Usually my flipper is fine, but once you make the upper playfield jackpot shot the ball gets stuck on the magnet and you cannot finish the mode ending shot at the pumpkin. Haven’t had it crash ever , but wondering if anyone else has that issue. Haven’t updated the code yet, but sounds like it still might be an issue.

#11684 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Watch the video with sound. It’s constantly trying to push it back up even though it’s in the up position.
I’m a newb to all of this but there is an opto laser that gets blocked when that drop target is down. The drop target has a rubber cover on the bottom to block the laser and can come off (mine did). In my case I had the opposite issue, my opto never noticed when the drop target was down cause the laser shot through the drop target. Maybe in your case the rubber cover fell off but got itself stuck in the opto and now your machine thinks the drop target is always down when it’s not?

concur (resized).jpegconcur (resized).jpeg

#11685 1 year ago

Thanks! Did you have to format it, or was it good to go right out of the box?

Always do a “quick format” on your zip before using it.

Right click on the drive icon.

Takes 15 seconds or so.

rd

#11686 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Always do a “quick format” on your zip before using it.
Right click on the drive icon.
Takes 15 seconds or so.
rd

I'm on a Mac. This is (I think) the issue I'm running into...

#11687 1 year ago

I'm on a Mac. This is (I think) the issue I'm running into...

I use a Mac for my UM. Need to use the iso when provided and build the iso on the usb. Haven’t checked if they posted an updated iso yet.

#11688 1 year ago

It's a mac issue. Much like "ejecting a drive"

#11689 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yeah I know that but it's constantly trying to go back up like the opto doesn't know where it is

#11690 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its not popping back up it most likely things the drop target is down so its trying to reset it.
Go in to switch test most and see if that switch is being triggered constantly
If so take a look underneath thr PF. Either an opto of switch not working correctly.

#11691 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I use a Mac for my UM. Need to use the iso when provided and build the iso on the usb. Haven’t checked if they posted an updated iso yet.

Thanks! Could you explain that to me like I'm a child? What's the "iso" and how do I "build the iso on the usb?"

#11692 1 year ago

Thanks! Could you explain that to me like I'm a child? What's the "iso" and how do I "build the iso on the usb?"

I just looked. The iso isn’t available yet. I know for UM, posting of the iso lagged the zip by a week or so. So I just patiently waited. When it’s available PM me and we can hop on FaceTime and I can walk you through what I do on the mac. If you are really desperate you can try to make a friend with someone who owns a windows machine.

#11693 1 year ago

Loaded and loving the new UI guys. Weirdly makes it feel more complete.

#11694 1 year ago

Cant really say this about my other newer games but after this game finds all the right owners.I just don’t see anyone selling it ever,unless they really need the money.
Just something special about playing this game at home.

#11695 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

.I just don’t see anyone selling it ever,unless they really need the money...

How much are they going for?
If I could het a grand loss only it would be an easy sale. But everyone's diff'rent

#11696 1 year ago

You will get your chance. Why is your machine not listed for sale?

Quoted from TheLaw:

If I could het a grand loss only it would be an easy sale. But everyone's diff'rent

Quoted from TheLaw:

#11697 1 year ago

Good morning, is there an alternate download site available? I'm getting a Quota Exceeded error message.

IMG_20221209_071540 (resized).jpgIMG_20221209_071540 (resized).jpg
#11698 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

This is present in the old code as well. Those are my favorite modes to stack bc of the similar shots on the upper playfield. Usually my flipper is fine, but once you make the upper playfield jackpot shot the ball gets stuck on the magnet and you cannot finish the mode ending shot at the pumpkin. Haven’t had it crash ever , but wondering if anyone else has that issue. Haven’t updated the code yet, but sounds like it still might be an issue.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. The game didn't crash. It just went into the mode select screen which shut off the flippers allowing my multiball to drain. The mode was actually finished but multiball was still active.

#11699 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Good morning, is there an alternate download site available? I'm getting a Quota Exceeded error message.
[quoted image]

I’m getting the same. I’m just going to try again in morning. I’m not aware of any other site.

#11700 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I’m getting the same. I’m just going to try again in morning. I’m not aware of any other site.

If anyone wants the 1.09 code I still have the file saved on my Desktop. I successfully installed it last night. Just send me a PM, and I'll put it up in a Dropbox or Google Drive link to download.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 49.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.