20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 339.
#11601 1 year ago

looks good now. The file size is much bigger now.

#11602 1 year ago

File is bigger now downloading and will try again!

#11603 1 year ago

how much bigger, mine says 818mb

#11604 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how much bigger, mine says 818mb

Same

#11605 1 year ago
FB605A25-4490-41B5-8D04-5E4D1191D789 (resized).jpegFB605A25-4490-41B5-8D04-5E4D1191D789 (resized).jpeg
#11606 1 year ago

Round 2…..

1CCF6220-EF3F-4F98-B483-1F34B5E08907 (resized).jpeg1CCF6220-EF3F-4F98-B483-1F34B5E08907 (resized).jpeg
#11607 1 year ago

1.09 installed!

D485EC75-0BF4-48A7-AF79-82A7E1F507EF (resized).jpegD485EC75-0BF4-48A7-AF79-82A7E1F507EF (resized).jpeg
#11608 1 year ago

At least I can play Star Gazer while I wait.

20221208_180123 (resized).jpg20221208_180123 (resized).jpg
#11609 1 year ago

I’m getting 781 should I trust it?

#11610 1 year ago

lets see some menu expansion!

#11611 1 year ago

Here you go!

3A23B6D1-683E-4BA9-8E12-B4EBEC83E1FA (resized).jpeg3A23B6D1-683E-4BA9-8E12-B4EBEC83E1FA (resized).jpeg
#11612 1 year ago

I see 781 mb as well

Quoted from Wariodolby:

#11613 1 year ago

is there a usb slot at the front of the machine to update?

#11614 1 year ago

Best ball save animation/video I've ever seen. This update is already a win.

#11615 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There is an extension that runs to the front right. If you ever have issues with it I'd try direct to the mini-PC / upboard, but I've updated every game using that extension cord without issue.

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Got the same; haven't tried it yet.

#11617 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes

#11618 1 year ago

I used USB by coin door no issues! New code is awesome!

#11619 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11620 1 year ago

That Ball Save animation.....<Chef's Kiss>

#11621 1 year ago

Very good update

#11622 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Once the 1.09 is UP up would one of you kind souls have the ability to upload the extracted folders to dropbox/google drive? I'm on a Mac, and I get an error message when I try to unzip the file. I even tried a separate program and it still won't unpack it. I'll try it again when 1.09 is up, but I suspect I'm going to have the same issue.
The universe will reward you with "Don't Fear the Reaper" on ball 1 and a GC score.

*EDIT - issue resolved. I didn't realize that it doesn't need to be unzipped*

#11623 1 year ago

Sounds like I might get to go home...maybe out for a drink.

#11624 1 year ago

Ok put some games in, so far, not a massive change it feels, but lot of little things.

- The new movie clips are very nice, all the clips are better quality, better colors and brighter even. Bunch of new clips in many of the modes.
- New animations added here and there, good stuff
- Ball Save animation is fantastic

Cons still lingering for me:
- Lot of the old animations and such are low quality, like the game over animation is really rough, and when you load into Jack O lantern mode select, it's pixelated blurry mess on loading, that hasn't changed.
- No audio level changes, Loomis sound clips are all over the place in audio levels and background distortion, this still is something that annoys.
- Sanitarium got worse? Maybe I forgot but now even with stacked modes you get nothing visible while Sanitarium is on. The game is playing clips in the background, you hear the audio, but there is no video. For example getting balcony on Bob and Linda, you get the audio for the nail file scene, but Sanitarium mode animation remains.
- Sanitarium mode animation untouched: this is the worst thing in the game, it needs to go.

#11625 1 year ago

791mb loaded 1.09 just fine here. New movie clips, existing movie clips look smoother, new modes, new settings... it's all there! Will keep us busy enjoying it until the next update. SpookyLuke small thing and not 100% sure it was unintentional. When my game was over, the new UI at the bottom stayed there and covered any of the screens coming up like the Fang Club here. Thanks for staying up tonight to get the code out to us. Lots of great refinements!!

PXL_20221209_021816594 (resized).jpgPXL_20221209_021816594 (resized).jpg
#11626 1 year ago

Well be starting on more enhancements tomorrow.

#11627 1 year ago

Your good to go

Quoted from Wariodolby:

#11628 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like I might get to go home...maybe out for a drink.

Or 3. You've earned it!

#11629 1 year ago

First game and it went into neverending hedge mb. Mine had never done that before. Do I need to reinstall the code?

#11630 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Ok put some games in, so far, not a massive change it feels, but lot of little things.
- The new movie clips are very nice, all the clips are better quality, better colors and brighter even. Bunch of new clips in many of the modes.
- Lot of the old animations and such are low quality, like the game over animation is really rough, and when you load into Jack O lantern mode select, it's pixelated blurry mess on loading, that hasn't changed.
- No audio level changes, Loomis sound clips are all over the place in audio levels and background distortion, this still is something that annoys.
- Sanitarium got worse? Maybe I forgot but now even with stacked modes you get nothing visible while Sanitarium is on. The game is playing clips in the background, you hear the audio, but there is no video. For example getting balcony on Bob and Linda, you get the audio for the nail file scene, but Sanitarium mode animation remains.
- Sanitarium mode animation untouched: this is the worst thing in the game, it needs to go.

They said it was a lot of behind the scenes stuff to make future code updates easier so others promised should still be coming. Not a code guy but I think they had to rebuild the code mostly, don't think Fawzma is in the mix anymore but could be mistaken.

#11631 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

They said it was a lot of behind the scenes stuff to make future code updates easier so others promised should still be coming. Not a code guy but I think they had to rebuild the code mostly, don't think Fawzma is in the mix anymore but could be mistaken.

Probably why the update took so long if they had to rebuild so much. Feels a bit patch work right now with these new great assets and still old ones. Also the new UI seems buggy, with it staying on in places it maybe shouldn't, covering certain parts of the screen and so on.

#11632 1 year ago

I also had the sling coil lock on. Not sure what's happening.

#11633 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Noticed the same in the Bob and Linda mode. Heard the mail file but no video when in stacked mode.

#11634 1 year ago

I like the update. Had some weird stuff happen on the balcony while playing death in the driver's seat. The videos look great now. Saw a couple new ones plus one of Judith Meyers that popped up kinda randomly.

#11635 1 year ago

Cool update - ball save screen is cool. I like the pumpkin . Video clips - great job guys

Dear god can we change the sanitarium animation???

#11636 1 year ago

Well seems like some major bugs.
I was playing house multiball stacked with Bob and Lynda and I hit the right drop target and got the ball onto the upper playfield and the flipper was inactive during multiball so I couldn't hit the jackpot shot. This then happened a second time. On the third time I cleared the drops and the flipper worked fine but when the ball drained into the pumpkin the whole game shut down and went into mode select in the middle of multiball letting the other two balls drain to select a mode.

That was my first ball on my first game

#11637 1 year ago

Remember to report any bugs or issues to [email protected]

#11639 1 year ago

I'm afraid to turn it back on. I can smell something burning.

#11640 1 year ago

Mine updated perfect! Love the new animations and all the new video assets!!! Only played a couple games…more tomorrow! Thanks Spooky!

#11641 1 year ago

Like what Ive seen already..thank you!!

#11642 1 year ago

Definitely going into a good direction so far. I really like it. I'm sure the bugs will be taken care of.

#11643 1 year ago

Yea Sanitarium mode just seems to kill stacked modes, you can't see anything going on in any of them if it's on, just you can hear everything you should be seeing so it's really awkward

#11644 1 year ago

The good thing about having programmers in New Zealand as well, is that it's tomorrow afternoon here =) so I'm still on the clock and already looking at stuff like video clips we can hear but not see, as well as a couple of other things people have emailed through to me. Keep those coming to [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.

#11645 1 year ago

So when are the people who have old style boards going to get the update? The "restore instructions" link still goes to the writeup for 1.08a (and as such doesn't have a link for the zip file for old boards).

#11646 1 year ago

Worked great! Surprisingly with all the little things added feels like the biggest update we’ve gotten.
Who’s ever adding all those little video clips here and there,your nailing it !!

#11647 1 year ago

First game, bought 2x playfield and crushed mode 6 for some good points. Also managed to get the SJ in Reaper multiball. No change to flippers, still going from overpowered to soggy but fans help a bit. New clips look great. Had the intro for hedge mb stepped on by mode scenes. Still can't get a f'n sanitarium SJ.

New-11 (resized).pngNew-11 (resized).png
#11648 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So when are the people who have old style boards going to get the update? The "restore instructions" link still goes to the writeup for 1.08a (and as such doesn't have a link for the zip file for old boards).

Download the update, put it on a USB by itself, plug into the game and boot. It should update after booting. No need to do the full restore unless your game isn't booting at all.

#11649 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Download the update, put it on a USB by itself, plug into the game and boot. It should update after booting. No need to do the full restore unless your game isn't booting at all.

Fair enough, would recommend the update documentation not saying anything like this then:

****PLEASE READ****
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR MACHINES WITH THE ORIGINAL UP BOARD
IF YOU HAVE A NEWER MACHINE WITH A COMPUTER THAT HAS A CASE DO NOT USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
NEW IMAGES FOR THOSE COMPUTERS SEE END OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR MORE DETAILS

#11650 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

What are you talking about…??? It’s the same update process regardless… Man you are really hung up on this and board thing…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/233?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.