IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 340.
#11401 1 year ago

Can't wait for this code update, I'm loving this pin

#11402 1 year ago

Can't wait to see whats new

#11403 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Those movie clips are gonna be looking much nicer, and there may even be some new ones. Keep an eye out for them

Can’t wait! Is it super easy to update code on Halloween? Can someone give me the skinny walk thru?

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Awesome!! Just give me Scooby Doo and I can die a happy man!!

I think SD is a perfect pinball theme. It’s got campy, cool monsters. It’s got great art. The characters are pretty nicely defined. The code has potential with individual monster modes, basically taking the player thru season 1 beginning with the black knight ghost. Collect Scooby snacks, unmask villains. Seems like a broad enough theme too. Throw in some custom flirty banter between Fred and the ladies and it’s a done deal. Can we?

#11405 1 year ago

Seriously … you gotta love the internet!

Who’s ever said that this is the final update?

Hint: nobody …

rd

53DA0293-ED8C-4624-914E-A06783332F57 (resized).jpeg53DA0293-ED8C-4624-914E-A06783332F57 (resized).jpeg
#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who’s ever said that this is the final update?

I read it on the Internet. So,

Fact Check: True.

#11407 1 year ago

I'm so hyped to see the update on this quite frankly, awesome game! Amazing news thank you Spooky!

#11408 1 year ago

Don't fear the reaper song should be played during multi ball. Most people will never hear that great song playing on halloween.

#11409 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Can’t wait! Is it super easy to update code on Halloween? Can someone give me the skinny walk thru?

I have tried 2 usb sticks and it will not update, luckily it reverts back to where it was.
I’m going to plug it directly into the mini pc next as everything seems ok with the usb sticks, SanDisk 32gb fat32 correct file name.

With machine off plug the usb stick into the usb lead by the tilt mech, turn on and will auto update hopefully!
https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#11410 1 year ago

Why? All you have to do is start three modes. That’s child’s play.

Quoted from mzhulk:

Don't fear the reaper song should be played during multi ball. Most people will never hear that great song playing on halloween.

#11411 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I thought this at first, but the change in mood is so dramatic and cool (plus makes more sense where it is vs hedge multiball from a storyline standpoint), I think it’s perfectly placed. I do agree it’s not heard enough, but that’s mostly because of my crap playing

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Some things are best in small amounts, Guns and Roses multiballs could learn from that.

Putting it as a jukebox option like TNA would be cool.

#11413 1 year ago

I love Reaper exactly where it is. Its a nice reward as I progress through the game. I hate the see-it-all-in-one-ball programming that was prevalent for several years.

#11414 1 year ago

Did Spooky announce Scooby Doo? Could that be possible after posting about how awesome it would be last night?

#11415 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did Spooky announce Scooby Doo? Could that be possible after posting about how awesome it would be last night?

Yes, there’s a trailer posted. 100% legit WITH actual voice actors from the cast

#11416 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, there’s a trailer posted. 100% legit WITH actual voice actors from the cast

So cool!

#11417 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Teaser:

#11418 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I second this. Is there a tutorial page or video on how to install the updates on this machine, especially for us non computer literate people?

#11419 1 year ago

Has there been any mention of what is in the upcoming code update?

#11420 1 year ago

I really can't wait to see what they put out. There was some talk of new clips and updated animations along with the bug fixes. If that does happen it's gonna be incredible.

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Has there been any mention of what is in the upcoming code update?

From what's been said before, so likely in the new update, is updated video assets to be better quality. Some new video clips being added apparently. Also new animations being added and replacing some of the original "outdated" looking animation. The final wizard mode is maybe coming here, it's been teased before and still missing so this might be when we finally see it. They also had talked about new gameplay attached to the Judith Myers target.

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from Total-Insanity:I second this. Is there a tutorial page or video on how to install the updates on this machine, especially for us non computer literate people?

There have been many posts covering the process but none has been made a key post

#11423 1 year ago

I think besides the right formatting and using windows, you just plug the usb stick in the port by the tilt bob in the harness. And after that turn on the game.

There was also mention of an expert mode, not sure what that will be though.

#11424 1 year ago

And don’t forget the added functionality of the sanitarium playfield throughout the game.

Also…I’m still hoping my midnight madness mode makes it in.

MIDNIGHT STABNESS!

Let’s goooooo, amped for the update. This game rules and I don’t give AF what anyone has to say about it.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

From what's been said before, so likely in the new update, is updated video assets to be better quality. Some new video clips being added apparently. Also new animations being added and replacing some of the original "outdated" looking animation. The final wizard mode is maybe coming here, it's been teased before and still missing so this might be when we finally see it. They also had talked about new gameplay attached to the Judith Myers target.

#11425 1 year ago

Has anyone done anything for protection in the shooter lane? I’m just worried over time it will damage the wooden rail. Williams games have a metal plate there. Did anyone add one to their machine and if so how is it working out?

#11426 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Has anyone done anything for protection in the shooter lane? I’m just worried over time it will damage the wooden rail. Williams games have a metal plate there. Did anyone add one to their machine and if so how is it working out?

You generally don't have to worry about that with Spooky games but just putting a piece of mylar down can give your enough protection.

#11427 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And don’t forget the added functionality of the sanitarium playfield throughout the game.
Also…I’m still hoping my midnight madness mode makes it in.
MIDNIGHT STABNESS!
Let’s goooooo, amped for the update. This game rules and I don’t give AF what anyone has to say about it.

Remind me what was said about the sanitarium playfield?

#11428 1 year ago

Yea never saw anything about new Sanitarium functions

#11429 1 year ago

We won’t know the extent or details until we see the code. But ways to integrate the Sanitarium playfield dominated this thread for awhile and Spooky chimed in about saying they had future plans for Sani

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Remind me what was said about the sanitarium playfield?

#11430 1 year ago

I would hope for some sanitarium mode changes. It feels like it just takes over the game when it's on and goes too long. Would like at least a timer put on it perhaps or some way for it to not be the whole game once on

#11431 1 year ago

Anyone else wondering where the scooby Easter egg is in this game?
I love that kind of stuff and wonder how to activate it.

#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Anyone else wondering where the scooby Easter egg is in this game?
I love that kind of stuff and wonder how to activate it.

Does spooky put Easter eggs in each game about the next one?

#11433 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does spooky put Easter eggs in each game about the next one?

Not that I know of, but they mentioned that they were surprised nobody found the one they put in HWN/UM. I think it was in the scooby thread

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Not that I know of, but they mentioned that they were surprised nobody found the one they put in HWN/UM. I think it was in the scooby thread

Maybe it's an artwork easter egg? Everyone tear your games apart looking for them jk

#11435 1 year ago

Does everyone think the demand for this machine will go up once this new code hits this Thursday? This is my first new box machine and may never let it go. I wonder if this will drive the price up a bit.

#11436 1 year ago

If it’s good yes

Quoted from waletboy:

Does everyone think the demand for this machine will go up once this new code hits this Thursday? This is my first new box machine and may never let it go. I wonder if this will drive the price up a bit.

#11437 1 year ago

I was shocked the number of these were for sale. I really enjoy it and think the playfield is an awesome layout. With the limited number of these made I'm sure their will be demand for them. Their customer service is outstanding. My wife and I are pin poor right now and are trying to find a way to buy Scooby-Doo.

#11438 1 year ago

Hoping this stuff is in the new code:

- Don't run ballsearch if a flipper is held up. Or, if you must, don't include the flippers in a ballsearch. Makes it impossible to cradle a stuck ball after recovery.

- Qualify the main-mode wizard mode upon starting each main mode, not finishing. Just too much of a PITA getting supers in Sanitarium and Hedge, becomes a roadblock. Give better scoring in wiz mode for each main mode SJ or something..

- Allow replaying of House before starting the wiz mode. It's the best multiball and sucks to be locked out of it once it gets played.

#11439 1 year ago

Here’s something I think needs to be added at some point, a voice over that says “Choose your mode” and also something announcing that you are in the shop. I know when these things come up, but literally every other person who has played my game has got confused when it gets to that point. Also, don’t have a ball release while a video clip is playing. That has caught everyone but myself off guard and they have lost a ball. Otherwise, you’d need like a 2 second ball save. The premise is there it just needs to be cleaned up a flow more smoothly.

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Yep. Major code updates throughout recent pinball history have changed public opinion and raised values. GB, GOTG, BM66, Hobbit, EHoH…lots of examples. One catch, all those pins are more “user friendly” to casual players, and aren’t as scary/dark. Nevertheless, if this update has considerable content, expanded code and bug fixes, this pin is going to benefit. I think the biggest impact will be for us diehard owners who love this pin. It’s about to get even better!

#11441 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

- Don't run ballsearch if a flipper is held up. Or, if you must, don't include the flippers in a ballsearch. Makes it impossible to cradle a stuck ball after recovery.

Do other games do this?

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Here’s something I think needs to be added at some point, a voice over that says “Choose your mode” and also something announcing that you are in the shop. I know when these things come up, but literally every other person who has played my game has got confused when it gets to that point. Also, don’t have a ball release while a video clip is playing. That has caught everyone but myself off guard and they have lost a ball. Otherwise, you’d need like a 2 second ball save. The premise is there it just needs to be cleaned up a flow more smoothly.

Agree with all of this

#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

If you’re not letting it go then why does price matter.

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

If you’re not letting it go then why does price matter.

Said may never...Most of us run out of space and have to move machines to get new ones.

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Said may never...Most of us run out of space and have to move machines to get new ones.

I’m in that boat too. Never thought I’d sell my Bride of Pinbot but I did to get Halloween. Could do the same down the road.

#11446 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

- Qualify the main-mode wizard mode upon starting each main mode, not finishing. Just too much of a PITA getting supers in Sanitarium and Hedge, becomes a roadblock. Give better scoring in wiz mode for each main mode SJ or something..
- Allow replaying of House before starting the wiz mode. It's the best multiball and sucks to be locked out of it once it gets played.

If they add in the final wizard mode, then I do like the idea of being able to get to Boogeyman mode by having started the three main modes at least.

Or at least that would be a good reason to make getting to Boogey easier and then make the final wizard mode getting supers on every mode or such to start and really worth the work.

#11447 1 year ago

Can’t wait for the new code. That being said, I’ll be keeping my Halloween regardless of the update. I like horror, monster and space themes. Having an adult mode is a big bonus. Halloween isn’t my go to game but it checks a lot of boxes for me. I am out on the new Spooky. I am happy they got the new license but not interested in it personally. I am thinking Scooby isn’t going to have an adult mode and will likely be on the easier side to appease a greater audience. I will patiently be waiting for the next release.

#11448 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife and I are pin poor right now and are trying to find a way to buy Scooby-Doo.

Can you really be “pin poor” with 10 pins at home?

#11449 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Can’t wait for the new code. That being said, I’ll be keeping my Halloween regardless of the update. I like horror, monster and space themes. Having an adult mode is a big bonus. Halloween isn’t my go to game but it checks a lot of boxes for me. I am out on the new Spooky. I am happy they got the new license but not interested in it personally. I am thinking Scooby isn’t going to have an adult mode and will likely be on the easier side to appease a greater audience. I will patiently be waiting for the next release.

Hear hear. Except I’m interested in Scooby. But the other stuff 100%

#11450 1 year ago

2 more days! (Almost)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.