IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 338.
#11151 1 year ago

Is 1.08a it?

We never actually got confirmation from Spooky that we were actually getting a major sw update like UM did that i am aware of, only that Spooky is going to work on code for the next year. That could simply be bug quashes...Along with a new programmer, without confirmation that Fawzma is still on board makes for a nervous nellie...

#11152 1 year ago

no . let’s not make stuff up . there are more updates coming . the final wiz isn’t even in the game yet .

Quoted from Roostking:

Is 1.08a it?
We never actually got confirmation from Spooky that we were actually getting a major sw update like UM did that i am aware of, only that Spooky is going to work on code for the next year. That could simply be bug quashes...Along with a new programmer, without confirmation that Fawzma is still on board makes for a nervous nellie...

#11153 1 year ago

Something friend and I have been noticing, but is the outlane save you buy from the blood store... do nothing? We buy the save and right away have seen it not do anything when the ball goes to an outlane. We have to test it more but we both have done this and feel like we've never seen the save actually kick in.

If you buy an outlane save, and your ball drains down the center normally, does it also erase your purchased outlane save? Trying to figure out why it feels useless to buy, we've never seen it do anything

Quoted from Roostking:

Is 1.08a it?

They said there was more coming and that Halloween was getting a year of updates still at least. And that we know there was all new animations being made for the game using new animators who worked on the new UM artwork. So it seems like whatever problems happened, slowed down the newest update which sounds like its a big one.

#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Something friend and I have been noticing, but is the outlane save you buy from the blood store... do nothing? We buy the save and right away have seen it not do anything when the ball goes to an outlane. We have to test it more but we both have done this and feel like we've never seen the save actually kick in.
If you buy an outlane save, and your ball drains down the center normally, does it also erase your purchased outlane save? Trying to figure out why it feels useless to buy, we've never seen it do anything

They said there was more coming and that Halloween was getting a year of updates still at least. And that we know there was all new animations being made for the game using new animators who worked on the new UM artwork. So it seems like whatever problems happened, slowed down the newest update which sounds like its a big one.

You have to make sure that the blood is lit in the outlane you drain on.

#11155 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

It’s not the prettiest solution, but I can bury shots from the left or right flipper. The pumpkin plant mod covers it, so you don’t really see it from the players perspective. Just a lil square piece of that rubber tape insulation for windows or doors from Home Depot.
[quoted image]

Why is there duct tape behind the black foam rubber piece?

RM

#11156 1 year ago

They said there was more coming and that Halloween was getting a year of updates still at least. And that we know there was all new animations being made for the game using new animators who worked on the new UM artwork. So it seems like whatever problems happened, slowed down the newest update which sounds like its a big.

There might be licensing issues they are waiting to hear back on. Remember a new animator was supposedly hired? That would mean the Assads have to approve everything new, and they must be busy counting their money

#11157 1 year ago

If you look carefully, it only saves the ball if it rolls through the lane with the lit blood. You can choose which lane is lit with your flippers. And yes, it'll disappear when (not if) you drain the ball down the center after purchasing. It only took me a couple hundred games to figure out why the purchase "didn't work". Just like when you buy the ball save, it's ONE ball save. Not unlimited, like you might reasonably assume.

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you look carefully, it only saves the ball if it rolls through the lane with the lit blood. You can choose which lane is lit with your flippers. And yes, it'll disappear when (not if) you drain the ball down the center after purchasing. It only took me a couple hundred games to figure out why the purchase "didn't work". Just like when you buy the ball save, it's ONE ball save. Not unlimited, like you might reasonably assume.

Oof, kind of feels like a waste of points at it's cost then, thought it gave you both lanes and then for it to only last for that single ball too.... too expensive blood wise.

#11159 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Hah good question. Maybe he tried that first? I might try the weather-striping before the insane proper metal scoop.

#11160 1 year ago

Oof, kind of feels like a waste of points at it's cost then, thought it gave you both lanes and then for it to only last for that single ball too.... too expensive blood wise.

At the moment I only buy points in the blood shop. Nothing else seems value added.

#11161 1 year ago

I only buy the extra ball

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

At the moment I only buy points in the blood shop. Nothing else seems value added.

#11162 1 year ago

Save for Double Scoring or Extra Ball for Max Value.

#11163 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Hah good question. Maybe he tried that first? I might try the weather-striping before the insane proper metal scoop.

I would try different shaped pieces of closed-cell foam w/ adhesive backing to see if it will work.

Maybe higher on the inside top of the scoop deflector, trying to force it to go straight down.

Worth trying.

RM

#11164 1 year ago

Yea, extra ball is also good but that's expensive. Kinda feel they could rebalance the blood point costs of some of the shop items, and possibly look at making the outlane saves worth your points cause they seem like a waste

#11165 1 year ago

Anyone else find random globs of hot glue around their game?

48E1080C-D11E-46A2-BB75-C2DC8BCAB064 (resized).jpeg48E1080C-D11E-46A2-BB75-C2DC8BCAB064 (resized).jpeg96FF8111-FDA3-4B09-9D9E-628D3B5F70D5 (resized).jpeg96FF8111-FDA3-4B09-9D9E-628D3B5F70D5 (resized).jpeg
#11166 1 year ago

Yea, extra ball is also good but that's expensive. Kinda feel they could rebalance the blood point costs of some of the shop items, and possibly look at making the outlane saves worth your points cause they seem like a waste

I like the Outlane Saves at 3.

As for the single lane being lit...
It's a classic pinball setup to have a single lane bonus that toggles with the flippers; Specials, Ball Saves, Extra Balls.

#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

You hope that's glue.

J/k. But, no. Nothing like that at all.

#11168 1 year ago

My Sanitarium drop target is permanently down. I can start the mode by shorting the scoop but the drop is out of commission. I reflowed what looked like dicey solder joint on the coil, didn’t help. Didn’t see a visible connector to check. Anyone have this prob before? Any help is much appreciated

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Shaker is close to amp so you need splitters like this, then whatever lead you need to your external sub.[quoted image]

Played my machine and very happy with the build quality of the machine. There are a couple things I want to adjust, and one is the sub. I am trying these spacers to see if it will get the speaker off the mesh on the subwoofer.

https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Speaker-Spacers-Extender-Extending/dp/B077QYL8K3/ref=sr_1_1

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My Sanitarium drop target is permanently down. I can start the mode by shorting the scoop but the drop is out of commission. I reflowed what looked like dicey solder joint on the coil, didn’t help. Didn’t see a visible connector to check. Anyone have this prob before? Any help is much appreciated

Does it reset in coil test?

Can you manually reset it with your finger?

RM

#11171 1 year ago

Resets with my finger. Didn’t have time to get into test while I was at my location today. Anything I should be looking for if it doesn’t reset in test?

Quoted from RussMyers:

Does it reset in coil test?
Can you manually reset it with your finger?
RM

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That target reset is Solenoid Number 6 on the pinotaur board, wire color Yellow/Red - look for the connector on the board and see if it looks OK; pull off and reseat

If the Drive Transistor has failed open, that would cause it to never fire even in test

RM

UM HWN COILS (resized).jpgUM HWN COILS (resized).jpg
#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sounds like an issue I had a while back.
The switch on the coil vibrated loose one of the tiny screws holding the switch.
It looked normal but was not being contacted when the drop Target was down.

#11174 1 year ago

What’s the word on a code update, almost 3 weeks post-Halloween?

#11175 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Smiths Grove is haunted! That isn't glue, it is ectoplasm from a class 9 ethereal vortex anomaly!

Don't doubt it, I never believed in ghosts until I did.

#11176 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What’s the word on a code update, almost 3 weeks post-Halloween?

Soon.

That always seems to be the answer.

#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Soon.
That always seems to be the answer.

:/

I'm inferring that the latest changes are waiting on approvals from Trancas, but they must have been completed a while back. It would be good to squash some of the bugs that are out there. I know the Spooky guys must be champing at the bit to get this out

#11178 1 year ago

I doubt it's approval really, and more to do with what sounds like changes in programmers or moving assets around. There has to be a new game in the works to reveal soon as they are at the end of Halloween and UM's run. The small TNA rerelease feels like a stop gap while they try to get the next game ready. It's a business and they need to have something on the line to produce and sell so it's clearly just guessing, but feels like they are perhaps all hands on deck with trying to get the new game ready for reveal/launch. I wouldn't be surprised if resources got shifted and delayed Halloween code.

Hope it's soon cause this is getting annoying, almost 4months now for new code?

#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

That was my first solution. Just a few pieces and it was working pretty well. Tested the rubber and it became extremely reliable. I used duct tape on my TNA and it def helped as well. Just needed a lil bit of padding to help with rejects. Think you could def do just the rubber and be fine with Halloween. I also removed the Mylar around the scoop.

#11180 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

That was my first solution. Just a few pieces and it was working pretty well. Tested the rubber and it became extremely reliable. I used duct tape on my TNA and it def helped as well. Just needed a lil bit of padding to help with rejects. Think you could def do just the rubber and be fine with Halloween. I also removed the Mylar around the scoop.

Got it. Worth a try on my friend's HWN.

I went with the replacement deflector from Marco in my UM - you have to grind down the bottom edges a bit and drill a 3rd hole to make it fit, and the replacement is a PITA to do, but it sinks the balls beautifully now.

RM

#11181 1 year ago

So Spooky, expect the code update by end of year or sometime early next year?

#11182 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nada (resized).jpgNada (resized).jpg
#11183 1 year ago

did somebody step on a duck?!

#11184 1 year ago

They are getting nothing. But they aren't liking it.

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Good question. I have been so patient waiting for the next update but now I'm truly just moving on and accepting they may update or they may not update.but lesson learned. I'm more excited about the new GNR update right around the corner

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes, that is correct.

#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Good question. I have been so patient waiting for the next update but now I'm truly just moving on and accepting they may update or they may not update.but lesson learned. I'm more excited about the new GNR update right around the corner

I have no doubt that an update will happen. People are already making excuses for Bond code so it just proves even the top dog on the block can slow roll the code while companies like Spooky catch flack for it.

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have no doubt that an update will happen. People are already making excuses for Bond code so it just proves even the top dog on the block can slow roll the code while companies like Spooky catch flack for it.

Everyone buys games like Jurassic Park and Godzilla from Stern KNOWING the code won't be complete(ish) until 12-18 months from game release.

RM

#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:Everyone buys games like Jurassic Park and Godzilla from Stern KNOWING the code won't be complete(ish) until 12-18 months from game release.
RM

Every manufacturer (except JJP?) seems to do this. Software is complex, things go wrong; it’s not hard to miss projections. That said, we had a pretty good run of code updates for a while; now it’s been what, 3-4 months ? I think some of that is our (my?) assumption that there would be constant updates after the talk about working on the code for a full year+

But I’m psyched about the possibilities ! Just hoping it comes sooner than later

#11190 1 year ago

We don't know if Fawzma is still with Spooky

#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

What lesson are you learning here? Spooky has been overly communicative here with regards to code updates. They have committed multiple times to additional work going into the game beyond even the next update that'll get here when it gets here. It's been like 4 months since the last update... Relax. I've been waiting YEARS for JJP to update POTC...

#11192 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Every manufacturer (except JJP?) seems to do this. Software is complex, things go wrong; it’s not hard to miss projections. That said, we had a pretty good run of code updates for a while; now it’s been what, 3-4 months ? I think some of that is our (my?) assumption that there would be constant updates after the talk about working on the code for a full year+
But I’m psyched about the possibilities ! Just hoping it comes sooner than later

JJP does this as well only they usually don't go back and actually finish games so it's even worse with them...

#11193 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Everyone buys games like Jurassic Park and Godzilla from Stern KNOWING the code won't be complete(ish) until 12-18 months from game release.

It's actually a very clever financial strategy. If you buy a game with complete code, you're more likely to move it on quicker, because you've played it to death and there's nothing else coming to make it better. So, games flood the marketplace and Stern (or whomever) lose a few new sales as people sweep up the discounted deals.

But, release a game incomplete with the constant promise of a 'code update' every few months, will keep the game much longer in your collection, allowing Stern (or whomever) time to shift all their new games to maximize profitability.

It's the classic strategy of 'dangling a carrot in front of a Donkey'. Sorry to say, but if you're falling for it... then you're the Donkey.

Coding a pinball machine isn't that hard or time-consuming. And no way in hell should it take any programmer a year to code just 1 pinball game. HWN is a very simple game of pinball compared to anything JJP is producing, so 6 months to finish the game code completely is all it should take (I could probably do it in 3).

Now you see how the strategy works. Your HWN isn't going anywhere because the code is coming... soon. Eeee-aww.

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Coding a pinball machine isn't that hard or time-consuming. And no way in hell should it take any programmer a year to code just 1 pinball game

How many games have you programmed?

Which ones?

I am guessing your total is Zero...but go ahead and amaze me.

#11195 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

HWN is a very simple game of pinball compared to anything JJP is producing, so 6 months to finish the game code completely is all it should take (I could probably do it in 3).

giphy (12).gifgiphy (12).gif
#11196 1 year ago

OMG, you gotta laugh.

#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It's actually a very clever financial strategy. If you buy a game with complete code, you're more likely to move it on quicker, because you've played it to death and there's nothing else coming to make it better. So, games flood the marketplace and Stern (or whomever) lose a few new sales as people sweep up the discounted deals.
But, release a game incomplete with the constant promise of a 'code update' every few months, will keep the game much longer in your collection, allowing Stern (or whomever) time to shift all their new games to maximize profitability.
It's the classic strategy of 'dangling a carrot in front of a Donkey'. Sorry to say, but if you're falling for it... then you're the Donkey.
Coding a pinball machine isn't that hard or time-consuming. And no way in hell should it take any programmer a year to code just 1 pinball game. HWN is a very simple game of pinball compared to anything JJP is producing, so 6 months to finish the game code completely is all it should take (I could probably do it in 3).
Now you see how the strategy works. Your HWN isn't going anywhere because the code is coming... soon. Eeee-aww.

You forgot that the guy selling that finely coded game...is buying another one.

If anything, they're simply putting out beta code for us beta testers (aka newish pin buyers) to test and report back to them. For free.

#11198 1 year ago

We are so close to greatness, the code just needs that polish to come through.

#11199 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

What lesson are you learning here? Spooky has been overly communicative here with regards to code updates. They have committed multiple times to additional work going into the game beyond even the next update that'll get here when it gets here. It's been like 4 months since the last update... Relax. I've been waiting YEARS for JJP to update POTC...

I have learned too take future content with a grain of salt. It makes me appreciate what I have and expect Nothing from them. Either you like the game or not but it's not like spooky has a track record of some MAJOR UPDATES that completely changed the game . The game is what it is and I'm glad I like it.

#11200 1 year ago

We'll have an update coming, plus additional updates in the future. Obviously this update is taking a lot longer then expected, which is disappointing and frustrating for everyone...including us. On a positive note, I literally just finished compressing some new video assets. We've also recompressed the original videos to optimize the video quality on the displays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/224?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.