IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 340.
#10851 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You don't say... Of course I know that... IT'S NOT THAT HE'S SELLING ITS THE PRICE HE CHOSE TO SELL IT FOR. My apologies for screaming it out loud but I feel like I need to be clear on that point.

I get it's not optimum to have someone sell a game below typical market but.....He may just want to be rid of it as other inventory has priority. Or he may have "stolen" the game from someone who didn't like the title so a quick flip for a good price still provides a profit for him.

Regardless, a vendor or anyone else selling a game for less than typical is not really a big deal unless you are looking to flip or sell your game then it may cause a few people to reference the price of this one. But, it's an outlier of a price and easy to dismiss.

The cool thing is someone got a hell of a deal on a great game and maybe they will join the number of people here who have it "bolted to the floor" or maybe they'll flip it for closer to market price and make a few bucks, either way, who gives a shit?

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But what does that have to do with me reviewing Halloween on Halloween? So when I sell a game for too much people complain and now I’m getting heat for selling a game too reasonably? Maybe, just maybe, people like to complain and draw conclusions that make no sense to their original accusations.

Scum! How dare you give a good deal on a great pin!?

I challenge you to sell me a stranger things LE/premium or EHOH LE/premium at MSRP, that will really make their blood boil (pretty, pretty please actually do this).

#10853 1 year ago

#10854 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

He's a distributor of pinball machines... He sells machines, that's literally how he feeds his family.

...which is why I never watch his reviews. Not just him- I can't think of many, if any instances of an entity offering truly honest reviews of the products they sell.

The show appears to be good entertainment value but I'd never base purchasing decisions from their opinions.

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wife decorating for Christmas today. Tis the season, I’m a giver

My wife put up 2 trees and decorations as well today. My butt puckered as I realized my wallet is about to shrink.

#10856 1 year ago

Hey Zach did you fix that scoop yet? Super easy and makes a huge difference!

#10857 1 year ago

It's been 2 weeks of owning it, and I can safely say this game is amazing. I think I need another few weeks before I can put together a decent review, and I may wait until the new code drops anyway.

But quick impressions so far - it really is like playing through the movie, they've truly done the theme justice. I thought Alien was the best movie themed machine I've played but this maybe beats it. As soon as you press the start button and that slow piano riff kicks in you are drawn in, and I really like the way it starts off so slow and downbeat, and builds up as you start modes/MBs (again, very much like Alien). The callouts are superb too - some have criticized the Loomis ones but I think they are fantastic.

It shoots great - maybe I'm one of the lucky ones with no scoop/centre ramp issues but it all works 100% - I would say it's not really a fast/flowy pin, but you can chain some really nice shots together *if* you can nail the orbits (they are definitely tricky, but super smooth). The left side scoops are surprisingly hard to hit, so starting Hedge Multiball is certainly no gimme. I think the mini playfields are fantastic - nicely designed, not easy to hit the surprisingly high number of shots and they have a lot to do on them. Modes are very much typical Spooky - ie: lots of variation and utilize absolutely everything on the playfield. Between this, ACNC and R&M I honestly think no-one implements modes as well as these guys. I never get a mode on a Spooky game where it's simply "hit the lit shot", they are always really well done.

Any negatives so far? Couple of very minor things but perhaps the 2 main ramps certainly are a little on the clunky side, and not exactly buttery smooth, I think maybe because they have quite wide entrances which gives the ball opportunity to rattle a bit if the shot isn't 100% perfect. Code still just needs a little polish with regard to one or two bugs I've encountered, the sound mix (the volume levels are a bit uneven), and maybe just 1 or 2 wonky animations (generally I don't mind them at all) but we all know this is coming soon.

Really looking forward to seeing what the new code brings, cannot wait!

Absolutely top job on this Team Spooky.

#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Nope

#10859 1 year ago

bend. the hood. down. takes 2 secs.

#10860 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But what does that have to do with me reviewing Halloween on Halloween? So when I sell a game for too much people complain and now I’m getting heat for selling a game too reasonably? Maybe, just maybe, people like to complain and draw conclusions that make no sense to their original accusations.

Jeff is kind of a D bag. This goes way back with this dude. Butt hurt constantly. I don’t get why anybody would get upset about what some one says about a game or what someone sells it for. Who cares. Move on! If you like it you like it..if you don’t you don’t. You’re game. Do with it what you will. These forums are filled with a opinions. Everyones entitled to them. It’s America.

#10861 1 year ago

Just got shipment details on #1221! Looking forward to getting this setup!

#10862 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I may give this a go as I'd guess 95% of my left flipper shots get rejected. The problem is that by bending I'm guessing it will eventually bend back up and out of position.

#10863 1 year ago

Look at all the treats I found at the bottom of my cab after Halloween!
I was able to rebuild my right kicker as you can see the spring and pin went for a ride. Couldn't find any place to install the three screws.

IMG_20221016_171433 (resized).jpgIMG_20221016_171433 (resized).jpg
#10864 1 year ago

back. hand. the scoop.

Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I may give this a go as I'd guess 95% of my left flipper shots get rejected. The problem is that by bending I'm guessing it will eventually bend back up and out of position.

#10865 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

...which is why I never watch his reviews. Not just him- I can't think of many, if any instances of an entity offering truly honest reviews of the products they sell.
The show appears to be good entertainment value but I'd never base purchasing decisions from their opinions.

I think your being a little hard on them. Yeah they might naturally be a little biased I supposed, but they aren't on some kind of hustle or scam. I actually think they are pretty spot on, especially Greg. They seem honest and I'm going to give them a shot on my next pin.

#10866 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Big thanks guys. Completely helped. GC first game.

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wife decorating for Christmas today. Tis the season, I’m a giver

Early start!

I agree with most people about the art, it’s really impressive and original, not at all a photoshop cut/paste like it could have been. That said, I also agree with those who have minor squabbles about some details on the playfield. Some of the faces of the young ladies aren’t a home-run for me, and I can’t tell what the art is supposed to be on the standup targets. But again, nitpicky things. I give the cabinet art an A. It’s stellar. I give the playfield art an A-, still very, very good.

#10868 1 year ago

Zach and Greg are great. I was laughing throughout this Halloween review. You softies should watch Nick from Buffalo berate this pin. Nick is awesome too! People have opinions and my opinion is that following this thread for the past 2 months has been a waste of my time... Checking for code drops, seeing grown men cry, begging for reviews on unfinished code, finally getting news that it's going to be a little while for an update. I'll be back after a while as well.. Lol

#10869 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

My wife put up 2 trees and decorations as well today. My butt puckered as I realized my wallet is about to shrink.

That’s not where the credit card goes!

#10870 1 year ago

Had the same thing with my game. Was pissed at myself I waited so long after I saw what a difference it made.

BTW…You and Gregg do a kickass podcast. Thanks for you contributions to our pinball world! Also give Halloween a revised A+ DAMMIT!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Big thanks guys. Completely helped. GC first game.

#10871 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Quoted from lancestorm:

That’s not where the credit card goes!

It is the only place my wife can't find it lol.

#10872 1 year ago

I love how our opinions are constructive or supportive and yours are…just rude haha. Thanks for stopping by though!

Quoted from Vernisious:

Zach and Greg are great. I was laughing throughout this Halloween review. You softies should watch Nick from Buffalo berate this pin. Nick is awesome too! People have opinions and my opinion is that following this thread for the past 2 months has been a waste of my time... Checking for code drops, seeing grown men cry, begging for reviews on unfinished code, finally getting news that it's going to be a little while for an update. I'll be back after a while as well.. Lol

#10873 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Agreed. Reviews should be only one piece. Anyone who bases their entire purchase decision on what other people 'review' need to take more responsibility in their lives. People need to think critically for themselves...

#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You don't say... Of course I know that... IT'S NOT THAT HE'S SELLING ITS THE PRICE HE CHOSE TO SELL IT FOR. My apologies for screaming it out loud but I feel like I need to be clear on that point.

Well, you get an award for the first person on Pinside I've seen that was genuinely upset over a low price. If it makes you feel any better, buy mine which based on simple math should be a similarly screaming deal:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Excellent shape, plays great. The butter cabinet really makes it pop! I'm happy to take more pics or videos on request. Also open to trades for super clean pins made in the last tw...”
2022-10-27
Winooski, VT
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 1079 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10875 1 year ago

I'm new-ish to Spooky pins. what's the difference between a regular CE and one with a "Butter Cab"?

#10876 1 year ago

This is the top version and aggressively priced. The butter cabinet, I believe. is direct printed rather than a decal.

Quoted from qbass187:

I'm new to Spooky pins. what's the difference between a regular CE and one with a "Butter Cab"?

#10877 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

This is the top version and aggressively priced. The butter cabinet, I believe. is direct printed rather than a decal.

Ahh, ok. Mine is definitely decals. Is the result better looking than the decals... which I think is some of the best artwork going at the moment.

#10878 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I'm new-ish to Spooky pins. what's the difference between a regular CE and one with a "Butter Cab"?

The Butter cab is direct printed on the cabinet and is stunning. It was a $1000 option

#10879 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The Butter cab is direct printed on the cabinet and is stunning. It was a $1000 option

"Glossy and smooth like a brand new car" is how I'd describe it.

#10880 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Agreed. Reviews should be only one piece. Anyone who bases their entire purchase decision on what other people 'review' need to take more responsibility in their lives. People need to think critically for themselves...

I completely agree with this.

I'm relatively new to pinside but I used to spend a lot of time on RGP and then got out of the hobby for a while. Maybe I didn't notice it as much over there but here, the opinions are so rigid and my way or the highway I'm not sure if I should be amused or concerned. People get their panties in a twist over irrelevant crap or a difference of opinion on something that is very subjective and I'm waiting for them to drop dead of a heart attack from the stress it seemingly causes.

Hell, I traded an AIQ premium plus cash for my Halloween. It seems the vast majority on here would say I'm an idiot, crazy or some other such thing, especially the Elwin humpers. But the fact of the matter is that it is the best trade I have ever made, FOR ME, bar none. I enjoyed AIQ for about 2 weeks and then the more I played it the more flaws (in my mind) I saw and I hated it more with each ball served up. This game I love. I love the theme, the different shots and the difference between it and other games.

I guess my point is reviews are a good thing to read and evaluate if someones high points or complaints are meaningful to you. You can use it to pinpoint things in a game and then determine if you can live with it or not. If reviews were the end all, be all then every game would be the exact same thing.

#10881 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:bend. the hood. down. takes 2 secs.

Are you guys just muscling it down? I feel like I’m going to break it.

#10882 1 year ago

use a small adjustable wrench.

Quoted from Geeterman1:

Are you guys just muscling it down? I feel like I’m going to break it.

#10883 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I guess my point is reviews are a good thing to read and evaluate if someones high points or complaints are meaningful to you. You can use it to pinpoint things in a game and then determine if you can live with it or not. If reviews were the end all, be all then every game would be the exact same thing.

I love Greg and Zach putting out the reviews and all their pin content. I find it entertaining and informative.

The problem I had was when Zach rated it low for enjoyability, citing the scoop rejects making him so angry. I knew if he took a minute to adjust it, that would probably would have been a higher score. (I know because mine never rejects a clean scoop shot.)

But in the end it is all good. Looking forward to the next review ZMeny !

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I love Greg and Zach putting out the reviews and all their pin content. I find it entertaining and informative.
The problem I had was when Zach rated it low for enjoyability, citing the scoop rejects making him so angry. I knew if he took a minute to adjust it, that would probably would have been a higher score. (I know because mine never rejects a clean scoop shot.)
But in the end it is all good. Looking forward to the next review ZMeny !

I've been reading this scoopgate stuff since the release lol. I don't have my Ultraman yet, but I planned to install that taller scoop hood that others have linked from Marco's site. I feel it should allow the ball to get deeper/farther back to allow it to drop more often than it rejects. I have certainly had some rejects on the Ultraman on route near me.

#10885 1 year ago

My scoop works well from both flippers, it’s just the way it bounces up from the subway I don’t like but it doesn’t jump out.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

My scoop works well from both flippers, it’s just the way it bounces up from the subway I don’t like but it doesn’t jump out.

Have you tried a piece of deadening foam or something?

#10887 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've been reading this scoopgate stuff since the release lol. I don't have my Ultraman yet, but I planned to install that taller scoop hood that others have linked from Marco's site. I feel it should allow the ball to get deeper/farther back to allow it to drop more often than it rejects. I have certainly had some rejects on the Ultraman on route near me.

I haven't seen this link to a different scoop. It might be worth investigating for me as I get rejects but not sure if it's the scoop or me. It seems like the ball hits the scoop hard from the left flipper and won't go in cleanly. I guess that's why you'd bend it but I'd rather have a better scoop if the option is available

#10888 1 year ago

I haven't seen this link to a different scoop. It might be worth investigating for me as I get rejects but not sure if it's the scoop or me. It seems like the ball hits the scoop hard from the left flipper and won't go in cleanly. I guess that's why you'd bend it but I'd rather have a better scoop if the option is available

It's kinda like this one. And this one may work fine, as well. I has a vertical section before the bend which allows the ball to get farther back. You have to drill a center hole between the 2 original holes and it'll fit fine after that.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04

#10889 1 year ago

I know we are talking about the sale price of the game but can I ask an unrelated question? I had to replace my board a while back and that fixed my issues but left me without a few flashers. The most notable is the jack-o-lantern. During the flasher test there are many lights that do not illuminate. I called Spooky and they had me check the connections for 0 and 1 and they seem fine. When I plug and unplug the GI lights and a few others turn on and off as they should. I am looking to get lights to the slings, jack-o-lantern and a few others that really make the game pop. Does anyone know where the controls or maybe a specific fuse lives for some of the flashers? The fuses are all lit up on the board that (I think) indicates they are working as they should. I don't see any additional fuses and all of the cables seem to be fitted correctly. Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Now back to our regularly scheduled debate over resale pricing.

#10890 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Have you tried a piece of deadening foam or something?

No nothing yet, sorting out a sub spacer first as the speaker could not move but moving plenty of air and sound now much better even though not bolted down properly. Just waiting for longer bolts to use with the existing t-nuts.
Was thinking some thin steel plate would work good and protect subway as that takes a hammering.

#10891 1 year ago

#10892 1 year ago

FOR ME, bar none. I enjoyed AIQ for about 2 weeks and then the more I played it the more flaws (in my mind) I saw and I hated it more with each ball served up. This game I love. I love the theme, the different shots and the difference between it and other games.

I really enjoy Keith's other games, but AIQ didn't do much for me. The figure 8 shot from upper flipper was great, and I enjoyed shooting the playfield, but rules and theme didn't grab me much at all. You may have overpaid a tad but not bad trade.

#10893 1 year ago

Received a new tombstone coil
Small relay coil with a diode on it
The new one I received the diode is turned around
I’m assuming I just turn the wires around

Was wondering if anyone can confirm which side has the thin wire

Should be on the non banded side?is what I believe at the moment
It’s the only thing stopping me from playing my game

E6B4EE89-E16C-4048-A1C9-C6E983190AD7 (resized).jpegE6B4EE89-E16C-4048-A1C9-C6E983190AD7 (resized).jpeg
#10894 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Received a new tombstone coil
Small relay coil with a diode on it
The new one I received the diode is turned around
I’m assuming I just turn the wires around
Was wondering if anyone can confirm which side has the thin wire
Should be on the non banded side?is what I believe at the moment
It’s the only thing stopping me from playing my game
[quoted image]

I think you just may have figured out why the coil burned up in the first place.

#10895 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think you just may have figured out why the coil burned up in the first place.

First one was fine for 300 plays
Just want to make sure before wiring up

#10896 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

First one was fine for 300 plays
Just want to make sure before wiring up

It might still work if it was wired backwards. It all depends how the circuit was wired. I think, in this situation, the diode is working as a safeguard. You are correct, normally the bigger wire is on the striped side of the diode (if the wires running to it are different gauges). I am not it front of my game or else I would verify for you. I am sure this coil / diode assembly is pre built. I am thinking it may have been assembled wrong and made it into your game. It would be handy if Spooky released the manual / schematics so they can be referenced for these types of problems. They aren’t back in the office until Monday.

#10897 1 year ago

I received my new PC for HWCE today, installed and everything is right in the world... the birds are singing and skies are blue. Now I get to complete a whole bunch of high scores in the coming daze. 5 days from issue to repair but most of those were shipping times. BOOM! Out go the lights!

#10898 1 year ago

Wired up all is working fine

#10899 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

A friend set up his NIB machine last night and is having balls get stuck on the upper playfield. There is not enough room for the ball to pass through the area pictured. Any ideas on how to fix this?
[quoted image]

Ive been through this, Pinkitten helped out. You have to take a heat gun and heat up the corner and bend it open then put it back in the machine, dont need to sand it down
take it out, apply heat here, bend it open then put it back

IMG_6346 (resized).jpegIMG_6346 (resized).jpeg
#10900 1 year ago

Ultraman owner jumping over here to brainstorm a mod idea:

I think the Michael Myers' swinging out from the behind the hedges is a fun effect, and it has a purpose w/ the multiball jackpots. However, I'm a little disappointed that when you're standing playing the game, the hedges don't actually "hide" the characters. What if someone designed additional hedges(?)* that could go between the main hedges and act as a hiding place for the Michaels? You'd end up seeing less of the ball coming down the wireform, but I think the effect of the Michaels appearing out of nowhere would be a really cool improvement.

The dotted line in my sketch represents the additional building (w/ a dog house style cutout for the character to come out from).

This feels like it wouldn't be too difficult for someone with access to a 3d printer? Not looking to make money off of these, just wanted to see if others thought it could work or had ideas how to execute.

(*on ultraman, the hedges are buildings, so adding more buildings makes a little more sense than adding more hedges...but I'm sure there's something we could add there.)

IMG_4577 (resized).jpgIMG_4577 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.