IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 338.
#10801 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I didn't buy Halloween based on the theme

Says the guy with the Michael Myers avatar. You crack me up!

#10802 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

I have learned to take Pinside negativity toward certain games with a pinch of salt.
Nevertheless, HW got such a bad rap I admit my expectations were low when last Saturday a local pinball club managed to borrow HW for a pre Halloween event.
Three games later I reassessed my opinion: The theme integration is brilliant. As some people here have already mentioned, it’s refreshing to have such a different layout. It’s really, really cool trying to work yr way up to the attic. Anyone who loves the movies should try out this pin.

#10803 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean… no! (?) it doesn’t accept every single shot you throw at it (who would want that?). It is about 10,000% more able to start modes than the Williams IJ mode hole. So yeah not a flaw

Agreed, the scoop is not a problem

#10804 1 year ago

GalaxyCon was doing live fan meetups online I believe

#10805 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Agreed, the scoop is not a problem

It is really too bad Zach didn't tweak his scoop shot before reviewing. It really skewed his score. Mine was and is not hard to hit. Also, how can anyone give the art anything less than the A range... that's crazy!

#10807 1 year ago

Enjoying the game play but three gripes. 1st, a wico pinball dolly will not fit under without installing longer legs. 2nd, the dual speakers in the head have a plastic grill that is very thin and flexible (standard edition), so if this game was on location someone could easily poke their finger through and bust the speakers. 3rd, the drop targets stick halfway and usually require two shots, adjustable by shortening the springs.

#10808 1 year ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

Enjoying the game play but three gripes. 1st, a wico pinball dolly will not fit under without installing longer legs. 2nd, the dual speakers in the head have a plastic grill that is very thin and flexible (standard edition), so if this game was on location someone could easily poke their finger through and bust the speakers. 3rd, the drop targets stick halfway and usually require two shots, adjustable by shortening the springs.

Stern games will do this too if the levelers are in all the way at the front. You can raise the front and back the same amount to elevate the cab a little and the pitch won’t change overall.

#10809 1 year ago

Someone showed their halloween with a small TV mod showing the film. Do you know who has this mod or where I can get it?

#10810 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Someone showed their halloween with a small TV mod showing the film. Do you know who has this mod or where I can get it?

https://tinycircuits.com/products/tinytv-diy-kit

#10811 1 year ago

How hard is it to install that TV? Is it plug and play?

#10812 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is really too bad Zach didn't tweak his scoop shot before reviewing. It really skewed his score. Mine was and is not hard to hit. Also, how can anyone give the art anything less than the A range... that's crazy!

Agreed, this pin is awesome, they nailed it...It's a different layout, which I love.

I am enjoying it more than I liked R&M, and that pin was really sweet, I have had not a single problem with my HWCE, Spooky's build quality is awesome.

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

How hard is it to install that TV? Is it plug and play?

You have to get the videos from somewhere, and the kit comes with conversion software to convert the video into whatever format that little TV uses. It is also unpainted, so you have to deal with that.

Further, it's got a rechargeable battery you recharge with a micro USB cable - I'm sure it could be plugged permanently into the game with a stepdown converter, but I haven't bothered yet.

#10814 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This was yesterday afternoon. I've had worse Halloweens...
[quoted image]

If he was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really him?

#10815 1 year ago

My question is does it connect to anything or do you have to turn it on/off each time?

#10816 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

My question is does it connect to anything or do you have to turn it on/off each time?

Does not plug in without modification

#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

There's a USB charging port on top where a cable could be routed to a USB internal outlet. There is an on/off switch on the side. It also comes with a remote to turn on/off, change channels, adjust volume.

#10818 1 year ago

ZMeny your review is way off base. I have seen all of your reviews and you are predisposed to not like it. ART: Leaves on the plastics are muddled so its a B??? Serious my man. Adjust your scoop and enjoy, or go back to your vanilla Sterns and stop reviewing games that you don't have the fortitude to explore. Greg was spot on, but Zach you like the McDonalds of pinball.

Greg, you rock!

#10819 1 year ago

So I ordered one of those mini TVs, but because I'm on a Mac, my computer won't let me convert the MP4 file to TVS via the converter on their website (https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TSV-Converter-Tutorial/), and I can't find any other compatible converters.

Anybody willing to convert it for me? It's a 4.5 minute abridged silent version of a certain black and white movie that Laurie and Tommy Doyle watch on TV. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here. FWIW, I actually own the movie.

#10820 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:So I ordered one of those mini TVs, but because I'm on a Mac, my computer won't let me convert the MP4 file to TVS via the converter on their website (https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TSV-Converter-Tutorial/), and I can't find any other compatible converters.
Anybody willing to convert it for me? It's a 4.5 minute abridged silent version of a certain black and white movie that Laurie and Tommy Doyle watch on TV. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here. FWIW, I actually own the movie.

Send me a link

#10821 1 year ago

So I ordered one of those mini TVs, but because I'm on a Mac, my computer won't let me convert the MP4 file to TVS via the converter on their website (https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TSV-Converter-Tutorial/), and I can't find any other compatible converters.

That’s a cool idea! I may have to steal that.

Or maybe the Silver Shamrock commercial…

#10822 1 year ago

I mean…this is what I WANTED to say haha. Art a ‘B’ is insanity. I’ve been a fan of Edmiston for awhile now because of his work with Waxwork and Deathwaltz and when I saw the work he did for this pin I lost my shit. It was over, total must buy. Best art package in pinball…possibly ever.

Quoted from Beechwood:

ZMeny your review is way off base. I have seen all of your reviews and you are predisposed to not like it. ART: Leaves on the plastics are muddled so its a B??? Serious my man. Adjust your scoop and enjoy, or go back to your vanilla Sterns and stop reviewing games that you don't have the fortitude to explore. Greg was spot on, but Zach you like the McDonalds of pinball.
Greg, you rock!

#10823 1 year ago

I already have that B&W one converted. 2 GB for whole movie.

#10824 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Best art package in pinball…possibly ever.

I would put the Ultraman Art Package up against it all day. Both are stunning machines.

#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Or maybe the Silver Shamrock commercial…

I like the way you think

#10826 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Greg, you rock!

B+

You think the A+ cabinet art really matches that of anything on the playfield/plastics?

#10827 1 year ago

Are their cliffy protectors for halloween?

#10828 1 year ago

Different strokes, I love the backglass on UM but the rest doesn’t really grab me.

Quoted from guitarded:

I would put the Ultraman Art Package up against it all day. Both are stunning machines.

#10829 1 year ago

A- then… cabinet is too good and the rest isn’t poor enough to bring down a whole letter imo

Quoted from ZMeny:

B+
You think the A+ cabinet art really matches that of anything on the playfield/plastics?

#10830 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

B+

Curious if you have rated any other pin art overall with an A?

#10831 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Greg, you rock!

B+ is a good and fair score. If you disagree on art go up to your game and look at that upper backdrop plastic for the living room in the house.

#10832 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

B+

Much of the playfield is done by the same artist. There is some random bits here and there that are generic art like the upper playfield bits, and random leaves and such, but there is a bunch of the cabinet artists' work on the field too. Some of that background stuff is not as great that's for sure, but they also made sure to use that lesser art on the further away and more obscured content, while the stuff in your face is the sweed Edmonson art

#10833 1 year ago

Must admit a B+, although still a decent rating is perhaps a little harsh for this machine it's absolutely gorgeous, and along with some of Yeti's and Franchi's work its one of the best looking pins I've ever seen. I certainly agree one or two areas do drag it down a little - I find the knives and blood drops on the playfield a little too "cartoonish" compared to everything else, and I definitely agree that the inserts if they are to change colour so drastically should probably be clear (but honestly it does make the playfield look amazing when the machine isn't even switched on!). Plus, yes the upper house playfield has a couple of wonky bits - but to me these minor quibbles just takes it from an A+ to maybe an A. But then - I guess art is always subjective and will vary between the reviewers for sure.

I have this sitting next to DP and GB, 2 of (IMO) the most beautiful pins ever created (seriously I can never see anything topping GB it's so unique and so well done) and it really does look amazing in that company. I think Edmiston definitely has a very promising career in pinball artwork, and I for one would love to see his art on another machine.

#10834 1 year ago

He gave a B+. Doesnt seem way off base for art, which is subjective anyway..

#10835 1 year ago

Art is always subjective. The bottom line for me is pinball art is in a really good place right now, so everything is held to a super high standard.

#10836 1 year ago

even subjectively, Edmistons art on Halloween is top tier.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Art is always subjective. The bottom line for me is pinball art is in a really good place right now, so everything is held to a super high standard.

#10837 1 year ago

This is a great deal. I thought I got a good deal buying mine from the first owner for $8,200.00

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/145576

#10838 1 year ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

This is a great deal. I thought I got a good deal buying mine from the first owner for $8,200.00

What a joke. I retract my comment regarding my opinion of their review. It's pretty trash to review a game then try to dump it well below market value. It's like saying "look, we had to review the game and I had to lie about my review and the positive things I said about it but here's the machine ridiculously underpriced so you know my review as a lie"...

At least I know now not to listen to anything they have to say about any game moving forward. I probably should have known that before...

I wish I knew what Spooky Pinball did to this community for people trash and shit on this game so much. Same goes for Ultraman. No idea if this game will ever get the credit and recognition it rightfully deserves but it'll be a damn shame if it doesn't.

#10839 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

What a joke. I retract my comment regarding my opinion of their review. It's pretty trash to review a game then try to dump it well below market value. It's like saying "look, we had to review the game and I had to lie about my review and the positive things I said about it but here's the machine ridiculously underpriced so you know my review as a lie"...
At least I know now not to listen to anything they have to say about any game moving forward. I probably should have known that before...
I wish I knew what Spooky Pinball did to this community for people trash and shit on this game so much. Same goes for Ultraman. No idea if this game will ever get the credit and recognition it rightfully deserves but it'll be a damn shame if it doesn't.

Not sure what you are talking about. Got this one in on trade so I’m selling it. Don’t worry, I still have mine and Greg still has his. If we decide to sell ours though we can message you if you’d like?

#10840 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think you may be taking this a bit too personally. I don't agree with Zach's review either, but he's certainly at liberty to sell the machine for whatever price he wants. Wasn't it a trade anyway? I also think it's too low though Zach

#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think you may be taking this a bit too personally. I don't agree with Zach's review either, but he's certainly at liberty to sell the machine for whatever price he wants. Wasn't it a trade anyway? I also think it's too low though Zach

Of course he's at liberty to sell anything at whatever price he choses, that's not my issue. Regarding taking it personally, perhaps but this is yet another example of the way this game is viewed and IMHO it's ridiculous so I felt compelled to respond. You can think I'm taking it personally and I can see why you'd think that but I'm not, no worries though.

#10842 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Of course he's at liberty to sell anything at whatever price he choses, that's not my issue. Regarding taking it personally, perhaps but this is yet another example of the way this game is viewed and IMHO it's ridiculous so I felt compelled to respond. You can think I'm taking it personally and I can see why you'd think that but I'm not, no worries though.

He's a distributor of pinball machines... He sells machines, that's literally how he feeds his family.

#10843 1 year ago

My daughter is still painting the Vimtoman house mod and vines. $80 for both and that includes return shipping in continental USA. Many happy Halloween owners.

0C4F027F-82A8-42FB-9619-F976E9CCAED9 (resized).jpeg0C4F027F-82A8-42FB-9619-F976E9CCAED9 (resized).jpeg561913AE-E05F-470D-A690-71B331D19F6B (resized).jpeg561913AE-E05F-470D-A690-71B331D19F6B (resized).jpegE5812A98-F66E-4B01-9542-AB801C9EA6AA (resized).jpegE5812A98-F66E-4B01-9542-AB801C9EA6AA (resized).jpeg
#10844 1 year ago

#10845 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure if he thought he could sell it fairly quickly for more money, then he would…‍

#10846 1 year ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:This is a great deal. I thought I got a good deal buying mine from the first owner for $8,200.00

He sells a lot of games at fair prices but I saw this and was like woah that’s really cheap my mind immediately thought shit I should I just buy another one? Ha ha

Someone got a great deal I know someone who just got 8500 for his off of pinside and it wasn’t hard to sell

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You don't say... Of course I know that... IT'S NOT THAT HE'S SELLING ITS THE PRICE HE CHOSE TO SELL IT FOR. My apologies for screaming it out loud but I feel like I need to be clear on that point.

But what does that have to do with me reviewing Halloween on Halloween? So when I sell a game for too much people complain and now I’m getting heat for selling a game too reasonably? Maybe, just maybe, people like to complain and draw conclusions that make no sense to their original accusations.

#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But what does that have to do with me reviewing Halloween on Halloween? So when I sell a game for too much people complain and now I’m getting heat for selling a game too reasonably? Maybe, just maybe, people like to complain and draw conclusions that make no sense to their original accusations.

I have a feeling this game will be much like the walking dead. Once code catches up it's going to be fire!

Nothing personal Zach, but I've always been team Greg and I respect his review more

Oh, and to those bashing Zach for his selling price... If I sell mine too cheap I'll tell you to go pound sand as well. My game, my decision.

Hey, it's only pinball.

#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

He sells a lot of games at fair prices but I saw this and was like woah that’s really cheap my mind immediately thought shit I should I just buy another one? Ha ha
Someone got a great deal I know someone who just got 8500 for his off of pinside and it wasn’t hard to sell

Yep, Zach's flew off the shelf at 7,299. He easily left 1k of profit on the table. Thought he was smarter than that..lol

#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yep, Zach's flew off the shelf at 7,299. He easily left 1k of profit on the table. Thought he was smarter than that..lol

Wife decorating for Christmas today. Tis the season, I’m a giver

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/217?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.