IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 338.
#10751 1 year ago

Is Jack-o-lantern multi ball where Don’t fear the reaper plays? I was wondering if it was really in the game but now I see why I’ve never heard it… sad to bury such a good song so deep I may never hear it

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Is Jack-o-lantern multi ball where Don’t fear the reaper plays? I was wondering if it was really in the game but now I see why I’ve never heard it… sad to bury such a good song so deep I may never hear it

Yea, that’s it. You have to start and end (don’t need to complete them) 3 different pumpkin modes.

#10753 1 year ago

Just curious…
How many of you have this game “bolted to the floor”? Was looking into “big Lebowski”, or Halloween. Thoughts…..

#10754 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:Just curious…
How many of you have this game “bolted to the floor”? Was looking into “big Lebowski”, or Halloween. Thoughts…..

I’ll never get rid of my baby

You’ve come to a place where in general we love/like the game

I fucking love it.

Big Lebowski looks amazing I’ve never played it so I can’t speak to it

Halloween is fucking awesome

#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Flip n Out isn't a Spooky distributor currently but I am sure they would like to be with the next release. As a result, they aren't going to bash anyone too hard. Just know that when you watch thier show. It is entertaining but filtered.

Dude you could twist anything ha ha how about maybe someone just gave their honest opinion

#10756 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Just curious…

I was really excited to play BL a few years ago at the Allentown Pinball Show. I love the movie but personally didn’t care for it. Each time I played it after that i thought less and less of it. Halloween’s layout is totally different than other games. I really like it but I also like AMH and RZ too which don’t get much love here on Pinside. I highly recommend playing both but know that probably is not an option due to where you live.

#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Just curious…

Huge fan of the film; the pin is a love letter to the movie, and its creators. Never leaving my house. My 10yr old already told me he gets it when I'm not around any longer. He's watched all the Halloween movies with me, and we talk about camera angles, effects (or lack thereof), and other creative stuff.

#10758 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I know it is 'cheating' but try a 5 ball game; you'll get it. Also I know this has been said before, but when this song comes on it cannot be cut-out by the call outs.

#10759 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Yea, that’s it. You have to start and end (don’t need to complete them) 3 different pumpkin modes.

Oh, that’s not as bad as I thought. I thought I read you had to complete all the pumpkin modes which would have been too tough.

#10760 1 year ago

If you think you can’t you never will! Gotta believe!

Quoted from mstang01:

Oh, that’s not as bad as I thought. I thought I read you had to complete all the pumpkin modes which would have been too tough.

#10761 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The ratings move all the time w new shineys, or whichever group decides to pump a game...
More of a tribute to the standards ( MM and AFM) imho...

It's also silly cause the previous ratings. When the LV model is just cosmetically different, but theres a huge gap in score difference, so because a handful of reviewers inflated their reviews of a special edition of the machine, it artificially rises the placement. Some cosmetic differences of the cab is enough to propel the scores to the stratosphere suddenly compared to the game's previous lower ratings?

#10762 1 year ago

I'm curious: Who here doesn't care about the Halloween theme but loves the pin?

#10763 1 year ago

A friend set up his NIB machine last night and is having balls get stuck on the upper playfield. There is not enough room for the ball to pass through the area pictured. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Stuck Ball (resized).jpegStuck Ball (resized).jpeg
#10764 1 year ago

We had ours setup last night in the garage and I was jump scaring people dressed up like Michael Myers. We get TONS of trick or treaters.

020964B4-F462-428D-9926-2660C04C8C0B (resized).jpeg020964B4-F462-428D-9926-2660C04C8C0B (resized).jpeg0B493D95-92F2-4D4D-8E6B-3AE0B593A9B8 (resized).jpeg0B493D95-92F2-4D4D-8E6B-3AE0B593A9B8 (resized).jpeg1E6C0305-4966-4F38-9C4B-D30CEFFDDD66 (resized).jpeg1E6C0305-4966-4F38-9C4B-D30CEFFDDD66 (resized).jpeg436429BA-9232-499D-9F40-C09C3914A648 (resized).jpeg436429BA-9232-499D-9F40-C09C3914A648 (resized).jpegAAA848C5-3B4E-403E-9E1D-7DCD56BFBC15 (resized).jpegAAA848C5-3B4E-403E-9E1D-7DCD56BFBC15 (resized).jpegD95DF066-B23B-42F5-940C-CA634BE4EA16 (resized).jpegD95DF066-B23B-42F5-940C-CA634BE4EA16 (resized).jpegECEA1777-4530-4BE8-A8A5-320374A365D2 (resized).jpegECEA1777-4530-4BE8-A8A5-320374A365D2 (resized).jpegEFEC5FFD-F38B-4DC2-92E0-AD1FF42FEFC7 (resized).jpegEFEC5FFD-F38B-4DC2-92E0-AD1FF42FEFC7 (resized).jpeg
#10765 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

In really bad at pinball so I don’t get Jack-o-lantern multi ball much, but when I do I’m lost. What’s the objective for that multi?

Jackpots...

#10766 1 year ago

Contact Spooky support for a replacement and in the meantime shave that piece down and repaint so that the ball can travel through. This material is subject to temperature / humidity so it has a tendency to flex slightly

Quoted from Chetrico:

A friend set up his NIB machine last night and is having balls get stuck on the upper playfield. There is not enough room for the ball to pass through the area pictured. Any ideas on how to fix this?
[quoted image]

#10767 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:I'm curious: Who here doesn't care about the Halloween theme but loves the pin?

I didn't buy Halloween based on the theme I bought Halloween based on the hopeful immersion that was gonna come from the movie, the music the pin. Just the overall package.. I said it before but I was hoping to replicate Alien which Ive never actually seen much less played, but I feel like that it's such an immersive pin as well. I was hoping and I do believe Halloween has achieved that level of immersion.

#10768 1 year ago

There are waves. Drop center targets, Jackpots at hedge, jackpots at House, jackpots at Sanitarium when you complete all normal jackpots a roving super jackpot hurry up will light. Collect that and the mode re starts. Really cool multiball!!!

Quoted from Geeterman1:

In really bad at pinball so I don’t get Jack-o-lantern multi ball much, but when I do I’m lost. What’s the objective for that multi?

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Just curious…

I just sold my Big Lebowski. Three pins that I think absolutely nailed it on theme integration are Big Lebowski, Alien, and Halloween. Out of those 3 Alien is my favorite.

Halloween IMO is more difficult pin with harder shots than Big Lebowski. I've owned Halloween longer whenever a new code update happens I think it will enhance it further.

Lol I'm not much help but I'd definitely recommend getting time on both.

#10770 1 year ago

It's about time I begin leaving reviews for some games, this one included.

If you love the movie, you're going to love this game. The amount of BS this game gets continues to blow my mind. It's an absolute gem and is never leaving. I'm a big halloween fan though. So unique, such good art, so many shots, toys, multiple playfields, great music and call outs. No it's not perfect by any means but Spooky def gave us something that is original and faithful to the movie we all love.

and that topper - LOVE it.

#10771 1 year ago

This is a good question. I have had a couple people over who dont care for the theme and thought the game was fun but they do not love it. I think the theme matters A LOT on this game.

Quoted from arcyallen:

#10772 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

There's this function, it's called a search... You should use it... I bet you'll find your answer...

#10773 1 year ago

Here is a great photo from a few years back. I think it was 2018. These two have 4 pins between them.

FE04DA18-DE4D-411F-8542-76A778CA89D0 (resized).jpegFE04DA18-DE4D-411F-8542-76A778CA89D0 (resized).jpeg
#10774 1 year ago

My wife an I are both going to complete a review on pinside this weekend. I was hoping for the code update but it's ok we both enjoy the theme.

#10775 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, I may be one of the few on the club thread that really doesn't like the movie - but I have so enjoyed playing HW. The game layout is so unique, shots challenging and deep enough rule set keep me playing in an attempt to do better. I grew up on Gottlieb/Williams/Bally and have great memories of those games. While I own a few late model Stern games, I find the latest designs to be way too busy: Artwork, lighting, ramps, wire forms everywhere! The games seem to play eerily similar. Not dissing Stern but this is especially why I like HW and the other Spooky games, they're each so different!

#10776 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

I just sold my Big Lebowski. Three pins that I think absolutely nailed it on theme integration are Big Lebowski, Alien, and Halloween. Out of those 3 Alien is my favorite.
Halloween IMO is more difficult pin with harder shots than Big Lebowski. I've owned Halloween longer whenever a new code update happens I think it will enhance it further.
Lol I'm not much help but I'd definitely recommend getting time on both.

I definitely feel bits of immersion similar to Alien on Halloween, but some sounds like the ball save could be improved. The sound needs synced with the video before start of Hedge Multiball. The video quality looks like my Hulu stream when it first loads—kinda fuzzy. They’re on the right track here, but plenty of room for improvements.

#10777 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

If you focus on reaching that mode I think you'll get there. You just have to start three modes, so if you can start a mode each ball you only need to actually finish one in order have a ball left in play to start Don't Fear the Reaper. My only real tip is to focus on clearing those drop targets while the ball save is active.

#10778 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

I had the same exact issue. I took it out and used my trusty harbor freight heat gun to warm up the skinny spot and carefully give it some flex and then reinstall into the game. You may have to hold the plastic in place tightly so the screw doesn't wedge that gap closed. Haven't had an issue since.

#10779 1 year ago

Nice, you should leave an official review under the reviews section here so potential buyers can see this.

Quoted from delt31:

It's about time I begin leaving reviews for some games, this one included.
If you love the movie, you're going to love this game. The amount of BS this game gets continues to blow my mind. It's an absolute gem and is never leaving. I'm a big halloween fan though. So unique, such good art, so many shots, toys, multiple playfields, great music and call outs. No it's not perfect by any means but Spooky def gave us something that is original and faithful to the movie we all love.
and that topper - LOVE it.

#10780 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you focus on reaching that mode I think you'll get there. You just have to start three modes, so if you can start a mode each ball you only need to actually finish one in order have a ball left in play to start Don't Fear the Reaper. My only real tip is to focus on clearing those drop targets while the ball save is active.

You can also just let the modes time out!

#10781 1 year ago

Got the game this morning and was loving it. After about 10 games the top upper flipper started working. Any idea how to fix this?

#10782 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Got the game this morning and was loving it. After about 10 games the top upper flipper started working. Any idea how to fix this?

Its only active if a ball is up there.

#10783 1 year ago

My parents sent me this from the newspaper today

6CC49121-B72F-409B-ADE6-5752AACA728A (resized).jpeg6CC49121-B72F-409B-ADE6-5752AACA728A (resized).jpeg
#10784 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

My upper playfield was doing that. Go into switch test and use a piece of paper to test the opto, if it's good, check the black tab on the pop up target. I had to use a piece of electrical tape on mine as the black originally on it wasn't blocking the light properly.

is this the tab

0C32E2A4-CDD3-44E7-AE91-D9CC4CA2A4BB (resized).jpeg0C32E2A4-CDD3-44E7-AE91-D9CC4CA2A4BB (resized).jpeg
#10785 1 year ago

is this the tab clownpuncher

#10786 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's also silly cause the previous ratings. When the LV model is just cosmetically different, but theres a huge gap in score difference, so because a handful of reviewers inflated their reviews of a special edition of the machine, it artificially rises the placement. Some cosmetic differences of the cab is enough to propel the scores to the stratosphere suddenly compared to the game's previous lower ratings?

Not to derail the Halloween thread, but I think the Alien LV versions are much later builds so probably have far less issues than the SVs that would have been rated earlier. When you can concentrate on reviewing the game and gameplay without commenting on how often the game is broken, that is going to make a huge difference.

Anyway back to Halloween - I got to Jack O Lantern MB for the first time last night it's freaking amazing! Love this game, I think the next code update is gonna launch this into the stratosphere for me!

#10787 1 year ago

I have learned to take Pinside negativity toward certain games with a pinch of salt.
Nevertheless, HW got such a bad rap I admit my expectations were low when last Saturday a local pinball club managed to borrow HW for a pre Halloween event.

Three games later I reassessed my opinion: The theme integration is brilliant. As some people here have already mentioned, it’s refreshing to have such a different layout. It’s really, really cool trying to work yr way up to the attic. Anyone who loves the movies should try out this pin.

#10788 1 year ago

I am on the Spooky site trying to download the latest code. I am getting a "must have access to google drive" WTF is that?

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I am on the Spooky site trying to download the latest code. I am getting a "must have access to google drive" WTF is that?

They must store their code on Google Drive. Maybe they have not opened it up to everyone ?

#10790 1 year ago
Quoted from Bclouser:

is this the tab clownpuncher

Hard to tell from the picture. Compare it to the other drops. It's easier to see the tabs that break the opto on the center drop targets.

#10791 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

Plastic needs a trim. Sand it down and touch up area, you’ll be good.

1E261DA7-2A3A-43AC-9D38-80B0474755DF (resized).jpeg1E261DA7-2A3A-43AC-9D38-80B0474755DF (resized).jpeg
#10792 1 year ago

Getting ready to purchase Halloween. Is there really a scoop rejection flaw as Zach was describing? If so, is there a fix? Thanks!

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Getting ready to purchase Halloween. Is there really a scoop rejection flaw as Zach was describing? If so, is there a fix? Thanks!

The scoop is a little on the small side. It works great for some and not so good for others. I think the problem is actually ball hop from the flippers. If the ball comes in hot, with a little air, it will start to knock the scoop out of shape making it a difficult shot to make. This has not happened to me. The fix is to bend the scoop down every so often or to replace it with a beefier scoop. I bought the beefier scoop but never needed it. It really isn’t a big deal either way.

#10794 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its only active if a ball is up there.

You are right. I didn't notice those first several games. Thanks.

#10795 1 year ago

Just have to bend the hood down. Mine was perfect out of the box

Quoted from Sweetwillie:

#10796 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

I mean… no! (?) it doesn’t accept every single shot you throw at it (who would want that?). It is about 10,000% more able to start modes than the Williams IJ mode hole. So yeah not a flaw

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

There are also 3 other deflectors on the left side of the PF. Shouldn't really be an issue to swap one out if your deflector is causing rejects.

My UM has not had any real issues reagrding the middle scoop, though.

#10798 1 year ago

I've had no issues, usually a straight shot to the scoop from the left flipper or a backhand from the right will go in. Of course not every shot will, that's expected and given how this scoop is designed mechanically, I do believe the angle of the deflector could vary and some people will have more difficulty than others. That said, as others have mentioned, I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to make some fine adjustments (maybe bending it slightly) and have it working as it should.

#10799 1 year ago

This was yesterday afternoon. I've had worse Halloweens...

John Carpenter 10.31.2022 (resized).pngJohn Carpenter 10.31.2022 (resized).png

#10800 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This was yesterday afternoon. I've had worse Halloweens...
[quoted image]

Cameo?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.