IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 340.
#10701 1 year ago

Quite silly .

Quoted from MegaFeenix:

It’s just about having Sigourney’s likeness in the game at least. The game could be a 10/10 and it’s a 8.5/10 without it as I see it. Also I don’t own it or have to justify my thousands of dollar purchase.

#10702 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm not sure how the reviews work and also not sure why there are separate reviews for CE/BSE/Standard. This game plays identical regardless of version, so there should only be one review option, in my opinion. I get why Stern Pro and Premium would be separated, but this makes no sense.
Also agree that these games are a nice change from the same old stuff.

I believe the pins are ranked by the highest rating of the individual models. So if the CE is higher than BSE, then it will use CE. I dont think the ratings system is capable of combining and averaging ratings, only combining the versions together on the list. Which i guess makes sense.. I mean if the standard version is terrible but the CE is insanely good, should it be averaged out? HWN is getting an unfair shake BUT if the code would have been better baked we wouldn't be talking about top 100, it would be top 25 for sure.

#10703 1 year ago

I can honestly say that I do not miss Ripley at all on my Alien. Since none of the actors are in the artwork, It works well without her. I would rather have the Alien table as-is then not at all because licensing could not make a deal her camp would agree with. Of course it would have been nice to use all assets, but outside of "Get away from her you *itch", I don't have too many quotes from her that I miss.

Quoted from MegaFeenix:

It’s just about having Sigourney’s likeness in the game at least. The game could be a 10/10 and it’s a 8.5/10 without it as I see it. Also I don’t own it or have to justify my thousands of dollar purchase.

#10704 1 year ago

Halloween I must admit I struggle with though. I love the artwork and the theme is perfect for me. But I just cannot seem to get into the gameplay layout and the game bores me easily. As many say, "it is not for everyone" and I guess I fall into that category. I plan to sell my Halloween CE but I am first waiting for the big code drop to see if that might sway me to keep it. I have not rated this game because I don't see the point in knocking or trolling a good game just because I personally do not enjoy it much.

#10705 1 year ago
Quoted from Drebay:

I can honestly say that I do not miss Ripley at all on my Alien. Since none of the actors are in the artwork, It works well without her. I would rather have the Alien table as-is then not at all because licensing could not make a deal her camp would agree with. Of course it would have been nice to use all assets, but outside of "Get away from her you *itch", I don't have too many quotes from her that I miss.

Did IQ's drop sharply while I was away? could be funny..

#10706 1 year ago

very true!

#10707 1 year ago

Happy Halloween everyone. Sure would have been special with new code today. But hopefully they make it worth the wait. Fingers crossed as it will be a make or break on if I keep this long term.

#10708 1 year ago

So I found out the hard way that spooky Backbox is wider than a standard game. Had the game on a dolly pushing it over my 1 small step like I always do and it wouldn't fit. I ended up chipping about a 1 inch by 1 inch chunk out of my game.

#10709 1 year ago

Another thing. It says don't cut the shrink wrap while game is on end. But I always put 2 legs on while it's on end. So how do I put the legs on without cutting the shrink wrap? I have to get it on end to put the legs on. How do I do this?

#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Another thing. It says don't cut the shrink wrap while game is on end. But I always put 2 legs on while it's on end. So how do I put the legs on without cutting the shrink wrap? I have to get it on end to put the legs on. How do I do this?

The shrink wrap keeps the head secured against the game. If the game is on its end and you cut the shrink wrap, the head will slam down.

However, you should be able to cut slits around the leg holes and attach the legs. Get the game on all four legs, then you should be fine to cut the shrink wrap.

#10711 1 year ago

Yep what he said ^^

Just (carefully) cut/slit the packaging around the leg holes and attach the legs first. Would emphasise "carefully", you dont want to put a nice new scratch on that butter cab.

#10712 1 year ago

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM SDTM!

NEW EPISODE: Halloween Pinball Machine Review

Halloween Pinball Review (Spooky Pinball, 2021) (SDTM, 2022)

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I found there actually to be 2 layers of shrink wrap . I cut the 1st layer off and the 2nd layer was still there securing the head tightly and I could then access the bolt holes as well.

#10714 1 year ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I had the same issue, the Judith switch was mounted too far forward so was triggering all the time, as it was pressing against the wood on the playfield, no amount of adjustment would fix it. I had to mount it back a bit.
Give this a try.

can u message me how u did it

#10715 1 year ago

My neighbor my have Michael. But he doesn’t have the Pin

9DDFD377-285A-4C4D-BAD9-50FC5889AD64 (resized).jpeg9DDFD377-285A-4C4D-BAD9-50FC5889AD64 (resized).jpeg
#10716 1 year ago

This actually had me lol out loud a few times. Great review! Here’s a screen shot of the score card. Nooooot baaaad!

Quoted from ZMeny:

606E36DE-3455-4DC3-9FF9-88EC89D7B0E7 (resized).png606E36DE-3455-4DC3-9FF9-88EC89D7B0E7 (resized).png
#10717 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This actually had me lol out loud a few times. Great review! Here’s a screen shot of the score card. Nooooot baaaad!
[quoted image]

Thought it was fair and balanced and reasonable.

Added 17 months ago:

I retract this comment. Also won't waste my time ever viewing one of their "reviews" either. Just trash.

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The shrink wrap keeps the head secured against the game. If the game is on its end and you cut the shrink wrap, the head will slam down.
However, you should be able to cut slits around the leg holes and attach the legs. Get the game on all four legs, then you should be fine to cut the shrink wrap.

Thanks fellas for the quick response. Like you said I'm going to careful cut slits to get the legs on. I didn't realize I had the legs in this box. I thought the legs were under the wrap somewhere. This has been very difficult. Since the Backbox is so wide I had to go up 1 flight of stairs and then down 2 flights of stairs. It would not fit inside my backdoor.

#10719 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Nice review yet again! I think it pretty much hits the nail on the head - there's lots to enjoy if you aren't a Halloween fan - but if you are, you are in for something really special.

Agreed with most of the points, although ZMeny you should really try dialling in the scoop a little - I reckon it'll be a minor adjustment but greatly improve the game for you. Strange how people are having such vastly different experiences with the scoop and house ramp - like Greg, mine's been just fine out of the box.

Edit: Ok actually one thing I would say, the review was a bit light when it came to toys and innovation. I didn't really notice before I got the actual game here, but wow, there's a LOT on this machine! I mean *3* playfields, and they packed so much detail on each one... just the house one alone, it looks amazing with the faux wood/floorboard sculpts, but also has 2 spinners (with a incredibly crazy loop shot that hits both), a drop down target AND a ramp shot that goes across a balcony to get grabbed by a magnet and then have the ball fall off onto a wireform? Just describing it is amazing, but it's actually implemented here. It's so impressive, I think it really does deserve an A (or maybe A+) for innovation - I haven't seen anything like that anywhere before. Plus, can you imagine (when I'm actually good enough to get there) how cool the moment will be when you shoot Michael off that balcony? Absolutely cracking stuff...!

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Great review! I’m hoping that this long awaited code update can fix some of these issues!

#10721 1 year ago

They bring up a good point in the review how the pinball community has this group think of what is must haves and such.

#10722 1 year ago

Sounds like Zach needs to adjust his diverter on top of the center ramp and maybe swap out his center scoop deflector for one of the other 3 on the game.

#10723 1 year ago

I feel like Greg does about it I fucking love the game but it means more coming from him maybe people change their minds or at least give it a chance

I got my brother in CA to buy one because I got one and I was like dude this is really fucking good

#10724 1 year ago

I watch pretty much all the SDTM reviews shows when they come out. These guys are entertaining, but they are trying to sell pinball machines so the never score really bad. I am sorry to disappoint everyone but the review they did was pretty rough compared to other games. Here is a list of games reviewed by them. It puts Halloween in the bottom third. Greg's review was decent, but Zack's really pulled down the score.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/pinball-reviews

#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

My neighbor my have Michael. But he doesn’t have the Pin
[quoted image]

The green growth on the side of the house is most frightening to me!

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I watch pretty much all the SDTM reviews shows when they come out. These guys are entertaining, but they are trying to sell pinball machines so the never score really bad. I am sorry to disappoint everyone but the review they did was pretty rough compared to other games. Here is a list of games reviewed by them. It puts Halloween in the bottom third. Greg's review was decent, but Zack's really pulled down the score.

Wow I guess you can find something bad in anything I thought it was great
Greg’s review was decent ? Lol dude loves the game

#10727 1 year ago

Just two guys opinions here friends not the end all be all for rating games.

I’m just enjoying someone talk about the game - disagree somewhat but Greg seems to get this one. Maybe it wouldn’t been rated higher as Halloween 4?

#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just two guys opinions here friends not the end all be all for rating games.
I’m just enjoying someone talk about the game - disagree somewhat but Greg seems to get this one. Maybe it wouldn’t been rated higher as Halloween 4?

Now that's funny.

#10729 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Wow I guess you can find something bad in anything I thought it was great
Greg’s review was decent ? Lol dude loves the game

If you watch the show, you soon find out Greg loves almost any machine he reviews.

#10730 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is what happens when owners leave reviews on pinside. Alien just shot up from #48 to #1. How did it jump so fast? The LV ratings finally crossed the threshold to be considered. Halloween Blood Sucker and Standard each need about 17 reviews in order to be rolled into the ratings. Once that happens…you’re gonna see Halloween in the top ten. Maybe even at number one for awhile. Potential buyers will re consider the title, more buyers will be looking for it, there will be less for sale and the prices will level out or surpass the original price. There is no reason that HWN should be high in the sixties. So, If you haven’t reviewed all models please do. For Spooky, the owners and mostly for the pinheads who won’t consider ownership it because it’s “poorly rated” and will be harder for them sell down the line. These people do exist believe it or not and there’s a lot of them.
[quoted image]

The ratings move all the time w new shineys, or whichever group decides to pump a game...

More of a tribute to the standards ( MM and AFM) imho...

#10731 1 year ago

Happy Halloween !
I’m giving out candy while watching the original film.
Going to play some Halloween pinball after I turn out the front lights.
Still can’t believe that Spooky made the machine.
It’s a dream come true!

86AB9618-65C0-4176-8AC3-A49864CF4676 (resized).jpeg86AB9618-65C0-4176-8AC3-A49864CF4676 (resized).jpeg
#10732 1 year ago

Eric the Stone is streaming Halloween tonight.

https://m.twitch.tv/batcavepinball

#10733 1 year ago

Nice to see someone in this thread from Cincy - feel free to come play sometime

Quoted from lancestorm:

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Needs to power wash that siding.

#10735 1 year ago

If you watch the show, you soon find out Greg loves almost any machine he reviews.

Not true but who cares
I don’t even care what anyone thinks this game is fucking sick

You don’t have to like it man

#10736 1 year ago

Might need to update my profile pic

07D1A6D3-FD62-4E90-8E1F-A96C1A0A501A (resized).jpeg07D1A6D3-FD62-4E90-8E1F-A96C1A0A501A (resized).jpeg

#10737 1 year ago

Just noticed my knife and hand on the topper is not working. Seems to be in the same position for awhile. Any ideas what might have happened?

#10738 1 year ago

Happy Halloween!

7F07C4F3-B33F-42BC-ABDD-CA501EDF26B1 (resized).jpeg7F07C4F3-B33F-42BC-ABDD-CA501EDF26B1 (resized).jpeg
#10739 1 year ago

Respectfully... I pick up you are torn about the game. No worries.. but the passive aggressive dislike you have really isn't necessary. You see a negative review, we see not the sh show outsiders say it is and some much deserved love. Don't be that guy. We appreciate your opinion, but you seem to lean toward the negative, we love it here.

#10740 1 year ago

Handed out tons of candy. Now watching MNF and playing Halloween on Halloween. What a life!

Happy Halloween everyone.

#10741 1 year ago

These guys are entertaining, but they are trying to sell pinball machines so the never score really bad.

Trying to sell a game they already mentioned was sold out??

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Just noticed my knife and hand on the topper is not working. Seems to be in the same position for awhile. Any ideas what might have happened?

This may be a silly question, but is it still connected to the mechanism? Mine came off at one point, but I didn’t notice until I hopped up on a stool to confirm. I just popped it back on and tightened the hex screw, and was back in business.

#10743 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

And they don't even sell Spooky pinball machines. So I don't think they were biased on this one.

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

One more thing is to check to see if the mechanism activates if you hit a flipper button while in attract mode. The knife should move as “Loomis” speaks.

#10745 1 year ago

Feature Settings: Typo in spelling "Pumpkin Modes Compelte Jack Start". Complete spelled wrong.

#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Respectfully... I pick up you are torn about the game. No worries.. but the passive aggressive dislike you have really isn't necessary. You see a negative review, we see not the sh show outsiders say it is and some much deserved love. Don't be that guy. We appreciate your opinion, but you seem to lean toward the negative, we love it here.

Not me, I like my game. I just had a Halloween party and it was a big hit. I just get tired of people bashing people with a different take on the game. It seems that anyone without a completely positive view are getting raked over the coals. People with different opinions should have a voice too. That is how we make the industry better.

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

This is a interesting point. That was true in the beginning but non payment defaults has given every Spooky distributor Halloween stock again. Flip n Out isn't a Spooky distributor currently but I am sure they would like to be with the next release. As a result, they aren't going to bash anyone too hard. Just know that when you watch thier show. It is entertaining but filtered.

#10749 1 year ago

In really bad at pinball so I don’t get Jack-o-lantern multi ball much, but when I do I’m lost. What’s the objective for that multi?

#10750 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

And they don't even sell Spooky pinball machines.

Which means, they might be!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/215 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.