Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 340.
#10551 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Everyone involved with licensing these days says that it has changed dramatically in the last few years.
In the old days (pinball wise) they’d pay a set fee for the licence then go for it.
These days, everyone is squeezing every last cent out of everything - all the music companies and actors and voices are all holding their hands out, and get bucks paid on every unit that rolls off the factory floor. And approval rights too.
Which is why you see half assed licences like Sterns Jurassic Park, where the only thing they buy is the name and the logo, they have to pay extra bucks for the theme song, and then they have to make everything else up themselves. Gomez even made up the Jeep … sorry, off road vehicle … sculpt so they didn’t have to pay any car companies.
Evidently the Jaws licence consists of the Jaws title fonts, the rights to use the shark, and that’s about it.
rd

This is where it depends how much material is being added to the new code. The assets would all need to be reviewed for sure, but the code itself would be meaningless typically. The code is just bunch of logic and alphanumeric gobbleteegook that the licensor would not understand. But it's all gonna hinge on how long they have had the assets done and in for review. I would imagine if they did intent for a Halloween release, most of that stuff is already in the bag hopefully and if anything they are doing final code polish to prepare its release

This code has been in the works now since July? So perhaps they even have it all done and ready to go....

#10552 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you quit whining Rooster we might get it!
And I just updated my game to last code.
Game gets better all the time. It’s really fantastic FUN

I know. I didnt mean to come across like that!!! Hell I can barely figure out the current haha.

Its really the first time ive been in the "major code update" arena and pumped. No offense hopefully!!!

#10553 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I know. I didnt mean to come across like that!!! Hell I can barely figure out the current haha.

That reminds me of the frequent pinsider who was always bellyaching about “no final Wizard mode!” in XMen - then one day let it slip he had only ever completed 2 of the 7 Villain modes (you’d need to complete all 7 villains and also all 8 hero modes plus both of the current massive mini Wizard modes to get to a final “I’ve done it all” Wizard mode)

One of the great days on Pinside when that came out.

rd

#10554 1 year ago

And i hope whomever that was is still very embarrassed to this day haha.

Quoted from rotordave:

That reminds me of the frequent pinsider who was always bellyaching about “no final Wizard mode!” in XMen - then one day let it slip he had only ever completed 2 of the 7 Villain modes (you’d need to complete all 7 villains and also all 8 hero modes plus both of the current massive mini Wizard modes to get to a final “I’ve done it all” Wizard mode)
rd

#10555 1 year ago

Thank you J_Striker !

Cheers,

Chris

#10556 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Ok Ill not be that guy haha!!

#10557 1 year ago

I finally watched Halloween Ends…

2DD768CB-8A67-45A3-B864-D1A5EF72BF74 (resized).png2DD768CB-8A67-45A3-B864-D1A5EF72BF74 (resized).png
#10558 1 year ago

Received mine last week, apart from the wrong decal being fitted everything has worked out of the box apart from the sub sounding terrible.
I tried tweaking it but no improvement.
Anyway today I had a good look inside and a look at the amp connections for polarity error but all good then turned my attention to the sub. One screw with the braid was hanging out, had to hold the spike nut thing underneath to help tighten up and noticed the speaker suspension surround was jammed tight against the cab and grill. Slightly being pushed through cab hole also, that cone cannot move and produce sweet bass notes.

Is there supposed to be a spacer fitted?

FBBEE276-3A46-4494-A330-4A1E8E3870C2 (resized).pngFBBEE276-3A46-4494-A330-4A1E8E3870C2 (resized).png

#10559 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I finally watched Halloween Ends…[quoted image]

Absolute trash.

I'm glad spooky based this on 78.

#10560 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Absolute trash.
I'm glad spooky based this on 78.

Would be like someone basing a Toy Story Pin off of Toy Story 4.......that would be moronic.

#10561 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s the thing: All code updates are pending licensor approval.

This is not true. Code updates that involve licensor assets are subject to their approval, but a code update that simply fixes things or adjusts things is regularly done without licensor involvement.

For example, the end-game crashes seen earlier on this page, or the issues around extra ball settings, can and should be corrected without licensor involvement.

#10562 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

For example, the end-game crashes seen earlier on this page, or the issues around extra ball settings, can and should be corrected without licensor involvement.

Sure. But it is stupid to patch something small when a major Update is coming. Also a waste of time.

You should know this as well.

#10563 1 year ago

Just got my CE #957 yesterday. One thing I noticed with the game is that it doesn't have a playfield lift support to hold the playfield? or am I not seeing it? I also placed 7 new balls in it and they are coated now in white? Is this wax from the playfield? The sub is making parts of the cabinet rattle, fix for this without drilling holes? Some of the paint on the ball rails in the sanitarium upper playfield are already peeled. I asked for the backbox to be signed and it wasn't

Other than these few things that i'm noticing the game plays well. I am noticing a little bit of modes not interacting well, i'm sure this is a code issue and will be sorted out? Seems like some of the shots are garbled together and don't flow well. When in Alice and Bob stacked mode and in the upper playfield if the ball gets held on the magnetic shoot on the left the game just stalls and doesn't do anything...

The shooter seems weak especially if the ball gets drained and the machine tries to shoot it, it looks like ED. I didn't see a setting to increase the shooter...

Look forward to seeing how the game improves.

#10564 1 year ago

This coming code update includes new AV assets and animations. I understand that licensors do not need to review lines of actual code and I understand that my original statement was not accurate because I said “all code update”

Quoted from bkerins:

This is not true. Code updates that involve licensor assets are subject to their approval, but a code update that simply fixes things or adjusts things is regularly done without licensor involvement.

#10565 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Sure. But it is stupid to patch something small when a major Update is coming. Also a waste of time.
You should know this as well.

huh? What does this have to do with what Bowen said?

#10566 1 year ago

I haven't seen a prop rod on a game since system 11.

Quoted from pinmatic:

Just got my CE #957 yesterday. One thing I noticed with the game is that it doesn't have a playfield lift support to hold the playfield? or am I not seeing it? I also placed 7 new balls in it and they are coated now in white? Is this wax from the playfield? The sub is making parts of the cabinet rattle, fix for this without drilling holes? Some of the paint on the ball rails in the sanitarium upper playfield are already peeled. I asked for the backbox to be signed and it wasn't
Other than these few things that i'm noticing the game plays well. I am noticing a little bit of modes not interacting well, i'm sure this is a code issue and will be sorted out? Seems like some of the shots are garbled together and don't flow well. When in Alice and Bob stacked mode and in the upper playfield if the ball gets held on the magnetic shoot on the left the game just stalls and doesn't do anything...
The shooter seems weak especially if the ball gets drained and the machine tries to shoot it, it looks like ED. I didn't see a setting to increase the shooter...
Look forward to seeing how the game improves.

#10567 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I haven't seen a prop rod on a game since system 11.

Tons of 90s games have them, but since moving to the 'sled' model (not sure who did this first - Stern? JJP? Pin2K? ) they don't seem to be included

#10568 1 year ago

None of my bally/Williams or data east from the 90s have them so I assumed that it was pretty much done at that point.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Tons of 90s games have them, but since moving to the 'sled' model (not sure who did this first - Stern? JJP? Pin2K? ) they don't seem to be included

#10569 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

huh? What does this have to do with what Bowen said?

Bowen is being cheeky. He knows that there is Licensor Property in the impending Code Update. We all know that as Spooky hired on new animators to finish the game.

He's hinting that code could/should be patched, piecemeal, while the Update is being finalized.

Reads like Sour Grapes to me.

#10570 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Bowen is being cheeky. He knows that there is Licensor Property in the impending Code Update. We all know that as Spooky hired on new animators to finish the game.
He's hinting that code could/should be patched, piecemeal, while the Update is being finalized.

Hm, not how I read it at all, which is why I was confused. I'm reading that more like a general statement, not something specific to a particular release. Oh well, whatever. Where's the code!

#10571 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It should be. Bugs should be fixed more often than feature updates are released.

#10572 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Received mine last week, apart from the wrong decal being fitted everything has worked out of the box apart from the sub sounding terrible.
I tried tweaking it but no improvement.
Anyway today I had a good look inside and a look at the amp connections for polarity error but all good then turned my attention to the sub. One screw with the braid was hanging out, had to hold the spike nut thing underneath to help tighten up and noticed the speaker suspension surround was jammed tight against the cab and grill. Slightly being pushed through cab hole also, that cone cannot move and produce sweet bass notes.
Is there supposed to be a spacer fitted?
[quoted image]

Kit was made for R&M.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/rick-morty/products/spooky-speaker-spacer-kit

#10573 1 year ago

Thanks but they should have fitted that as standard, I could tell straight away it didn’t sound right.
Will order one here in the UK for £10.

#10574 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks but they should have fitted that as standard, I could tell straight away it didn’t sound right.
Will order one here in the UK for £10.

I had to turn my sub WAY down from factory setting. It sounds great now.

#10575 1 year ago

Interesting development.

56BBDCE1-3366-4C23-949B-1F10989220EC (resized).png56BBDCE1-3366-4C23-949B-1F10989220EC (resized).png
#10576 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting development.
[quoted image]

I’m sure people are disappointed the new code won’t be out by the end of the month, but if it’s gonna bring some major changes and updates… I’m ok with the wait

#10577 1 year ago

At least they told us - So... Fawzma is out?

#10578 1 year ago

No.

Quoted from djsolzs:

#10579 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

No - he's probably just overwhelmed with whatever the new game is, and HWN/UM are falling behind where they wanted to be. Not really unusual, but sucks for us! This new guy is going to take some time to get familiar with the code, not accidentally break stuff, etc. etc! Best of luck to him and everybody at Spooky

#10580 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This coming code update includes new AV assets and animations. I understand that licensors do not need to review lines of actual code and I understand that my original statement was not accurate because I said “all code update”

This does make me curious how you know the new code update includes AV assets and animations! Has there been a public posting about this?

As for bug fixes (other post), if there are readily available bug fixes, it is not a waste of time to make them available as soon as possible. This is a huge benefit of downloadable code, compared to EPROM code! I hope all these things get fixed well.

#10581 1 year ago

Helluva job stepping in at this stage and taking over coding duties on this classic. First, you must be a MASSIVE Halloween fan. Second, you need to have the creative genius to create an immersive and 'spooky' gameplay experience.

A coder with 22 years' experience means diddly squat, unless they have creative flair.

This is the world of entertainment; expectations are sky high.

#10582 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'm not being cheeky at all. I don't work for Spooky so I have absolutely no information about anything. The statement was that a licensor must approve all code updates, and that isn't true.

I'm not Hinting At Anything.

And yes, in my opinion, if there are known bugs in a game and there are fixes available, they can and should be patched as soon as possible.

#10583 1 year ago

rotordave do you know this new coder?

#10584 1 year ago

Couldn't resist.

20221027_163940 (resized).jpg20221027_163940 (resized).jpg
#10585 1 year ago

Last I heard Fawzma alone was tasked with HWN/UM for the next year. I don’t believe he is coding the next Spooky game and I can only assuming that that the new guy is being brought on to assist Fawzma.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No - he's probably just overwhelmed with whatever the new game is, and HWN/UM are falling behind where they wanted to be. Not really unusual, but sucks for us! This new guy is going to take some time to get familiar with the code, not accidentally break stuff, etc. etc! Best of luck to him and everybody at Spooky

#10586 1 year ago

Yes, Spooky has hired a new animation to studio for HWN UM. Some of their work can be seen in the newest UM update. The programming is far from complete and Spooky has said in this thread that new animations, video, the final wiz mode and additional polish will be added over the course of this coming year.

Quoted from bkerins:

This does make me curious how you know the new code update includes AV assets and animations! Has there been a public posting about this?
As for bug fixes (other post), if there are readily available bug fixes, it is not a waste of time to make them available as soon as possible. This is a huge benefit of downloadable code, compared to EPROM code! I hope all these things get fixed well.

#10587 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

rotordave do you know this new coder?

Yes I do. It was on my recommendation that they contacted Matt and ultimately took him on board.

Matt is a wiz with C++ and Csharp or whatever it is (I ain’t no coder lol) and is an avid pinballer, owning 5 pins currently and playing competitively at my NZ events. In fact, he just played for 3 days straight at last weekends Southern Hemisphere Champs at my place.

I have been working with Matt for a while on my own new pin down here. Hence I know his work and skills.

Danni and I will assist him down here with code testing and rules ideas for all the titles he does going forward. Including HW and UM.

So rest assured Spooky fans!

Your code is in good hands.

rd

#10588 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Last I heard Fawzma alone was tasked with HWN/UM for the next year. I don’t believe he is coding the next Spooky game and I can only assuming that that the new guy is being brought on to assist Fawzma.

Well, cool. Spooky must have a larger team than I thought. Not sure how staffing works in pinball - are all these guys full time?

#10589 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, cool. Spooky must have a larger team than I thought. Not sure how staffing works in pinball - are all these guys full time?

3 days a week is standard in the pinball industry unless their contract is set to 5. Extra days can also be earned.

#10590 1 year ago

Kinda irks me that we hear of the delay second-hand through a Pinside member and not from someone from Spooky posting on here.

#10591 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Kinda irks me that we hear of the delay second-hand through a Pinside member and not from someone from Spooky posting on here.

The post is from their FB page.

RM

#10592 1 year ago

Facebook is typically where we announce things first. That said, things tend to jump over hear pretty quickly. In this case it was posted here within 3-minutes.

#10593 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Facebook is typically where we announce things first. That said, things tend to jump over hear pretty quickly. In this case it was posted here within 3-minutes.

Good to know about Facebook, I'll need to start using it more. Thanks.

#10594 1 year ago

Good to know about Facebook, I'll need to start using it more. Thanks.

The less anyone uses Facebook, the better.

Unfortunately, it’s a necessary evil for most businesses and events these days.

rd

#10595 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The less anyone uses Facebook, the better.
Unfortunately, it’s a necessary evil for most businesses and events these days.
rd

Agreed. There is no news I need to have first that would convince me to use Facebook. I can wait the short time for it to show up here.

#10596 1 year ago

Delete

#10597 1 year ago

Anyone else run into an unlimited ball save bug during House Attack multiball?

#10598 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else run into an unlimited ball save bug during House Attack multiball?

I did on one of the first couple plays on my new machine, but haven't experienced it again since that one time.

#10599 1 year ago

Halloween ruined, lets just cancel the holiday

#10600 1 year ago

Keep in mind just because you (and me?! Sigh..) spend much of your day on Pinside does not make it a major release outlet. Pinside is nobody’s “official” press release vector, and should not be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/212 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.