20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 339.
#10451 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They say no, but I dont think anyone has tried it that Im aware of.

I've tried. It does not work. As others have speculated, it has to do with licensing.

#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

I tried that and it's still not working. Once and a while it will shoot the ball no problem but 99% of the time I have to use the shooter rod myself to do it manually. And it's extremely frustrating during a multiball because none of them shoot out to the playfield. They just all build up in the shooter lane.

Mine started doing the exact same thing, and it ruined multiball. Eventually almost none of my balls would autolaunch.

The problem was my autolauncher was wobbly, so I added a washer which tightened it up, and it's been working ever since.

#10453 1 year ago

I played Halloween for the first time at Expo a few times and was shockingly surprised at how good it was considering all the drama etc. I like it!

Ps.. TNA was next to it and still awesome!

Congrats to all owners. It is a great game and I hope it just keeps getting better.

The topper is sick!

#10454 1 year ago

No 1195 HWSE, is in the house. I set it up earlier with a friend and everything is working as it should! We had a blast playing a couple of games!

The Fedex driver was really really helpful when he delivered it on Thursday!

I am thankful!

Cheers,

Chris

#10455 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So just a nitpick and hopefully in before the code drop. When hitting the left ramp and the Michaels jump out, bottom to top
Any way to reverse that? I feel they should go in the direction of the ball.
Amazing game and just really digging it. Also, there are now 3 Halloweens on location in the Phoenix area. I think that speaks to its durability.

Counting on it eventually going back to original state ....after initial calibration, single Michael only comes out when he's supposed to ...

#10456 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone else's machine have a no-skill Judith Myers skill shot? If I do a full plunge with no flipping, the ball rolls from the orbit, hits the left flipper, then right flipper, and then bounces right into the ball lock. I may upgrade the shooter rod spring to something stiffer to eliminate the cheap skill shot.

Mine definitely has never done that. But, give yours a month and it might change. All of those "automatic" shots never seem to last due to the machine settling/changing. I used to be able to just keep the left flipper held up to catch on the plunge, and now that doesn't work anymore. Pins are dynamic creatures!

#10457 1 year ago

Code request.

1. A setting to carry over your progress into the next ball if you want. I don't want to start every ball shooting the stand ups.

2. Don't have the blood targets disappear when a mode starts.

Yes, this game is a challenge for me and I'd like the option to progress easier.

#10458 1 year ago

After a lot of games. My biggest request would be a timer on Sanatorium in particular, but some modes could use it too. But I guess that would make jackolantern easier.

Game went past 100 plays at my tiny Halloween get together last night. Besides checking connectors before first boot and I did adjust the Judith target to sit more flush, I have not had to lift the playfield.

Great game and

8 more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween,
8 more days till Halloween, come on Spooky Code drop!

#10459 1 year ago

CE Speaker lighting is underutelized. Shoot the green, no red! Wheres green!.. Amazing pin and only getting better!!

#10460 1 year ago

The people with the BSE editions are you happy with the quality? I more I read up it seems the BSE won't have the powder coating issues as the CE editions and in my opinion the black looks better! Still waiting on delivery on # 1221 BSE!

#10461 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

The people with the BSE editions are you happy with the quality? I more I read up it seems the BSE won't have the powder coating issues as the CE editions and in my opinion the black looks better! Still waiting on delivery on # 1221 BSE!

I have a BSE and think the quality is great! I actually went with BSE because I liked the powder better on it, and dont think there will be any issues.

#10462 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone else's machine have a no-skill Judith Myers skill shot? If I do a full plunge with no flipping, the ball rolls from the orbit, hits the left flipper, then right flipper, and then bounces right into the ball lock. I may upgrade the shooter rod spring to something stiffer to eliminate the cheap skill shot.

Yep, this isn’t a sure thing on mine, but probably 50% of the time, if I don’t touch anything and let the ball auto-plunge (usually when I’m multi-tasking or helping my kiddo with something), I hear the ball lock and I find it in the Judith lock. Pretty cool!

#10463 1 year ago

Boo!

Just fyi, second run of Halloween III drop target decals are going out tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. We had to buy more mylar. . If you gave me your name and mailing address and weren’t in the first batch, you’ll receive yours this week.

A3C1C2EB-44D5-48D1-BD8E-2029B65B4B45 (resized).jpegA3C1C2EB-44D5-48D1-BD8E-2029B65B4B45 (resized).jpeg

#10464 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a BSE and think the quality is great! I actually went with BSE because I liked the powder better on it, and dont think there will be any issues.

Even if there is an issue, being primarily black in color will mean folks won't notice majority of the issues if they even do happen

#10465 1 year ago

Code drop this week before Halloween?!

#10466 1 year ago

If it doesn't come this week i will be very disappointed in Spooky. I mean cmon of all the weeks to drop Halloween code I think this week should be the ultimate goal.

Quoted from bemmett:

Code drop this week before Halloween?!

#10467 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Code request.
1. A setting to carry over your progress into the next ball if you want. I don't want to start every ball shooting the stand ups.
2. Don't have the blood targets disappear when a mode starts.
Yes, this game is a challenge for me and I'd like the option to progress easier.

No and no... Both of which go completely against the way the rule sets work and the flow of the game...

#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

No and no... Both of which go completely against the way the rule sets work and the flow of the game...

As an option, not the main code. I feel the flow is impeded when hitting drops over and over

#10469 1 year ago

Spooky is being very quiet as of late when it comes to code questions and updates on the new release even though they are "very responsive" as seen in other posts. Must me there is a lot to share soon

#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Spooky is being very quiet as of late when it comes to code questions and updates on the new release even though they are "very responsive" as seen in other posts. Must me there is a lot to share soon

Or licensing approval issues.

#10471 1 year ago

THIS - as it has been the issue this whole time it seems.

Quoted from Roostking:

Or licensing approval issues.

#10472 1 year ago

Don't worry, they'll have something very special for you, just watch the magic pumpkin...

#10473 1 year ago

CE #379 is finally coming home! I've been in UK for the last 3 weeks, and got back yesterday to a message from my delivery guy saying it's on its way, so couldn't have timed it better. I've waited over a year for this sweet sweet day...

#10474 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Crossing fingers!

#10475 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

If it doesn't come this week i will be very disappointed in Spooky. I mean cmon of all the weeks to drop Halloween code I think this week should be the ultimate goal.

At least you got your machine. When I paid in full I asked how long it would be. They said anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week it should be done. It's been almost a month.

#10476 1 year ago

You will definitely get your game and it’s well worth the wait.

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

At least you got your machine. When I paid in full I asked how long it would be. They said anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week it should be done. It's been almost a month.

#10477 1 year ago

Had all of my hedge servos go down at once on my location HWN. Anyone have them all go down in tandem? I’ve had one fail and replaced with the extra stock servo the game came with. Fuse somewhere? Servos finally just fall? I’m going to order the metal gear servos and replace with that, just want to make sure that there not another issue hiding down there line

#10478 1 year ago

I know this has been kinda done to death in the thread already, and it pains me to even mention it, but what is the general recommendation for later CE builds with regard to protecting the powdercoat? Is there still risk of it deteriorating quickly or was it eventually resolved? I saw that there was a different (satin-like) finish put out, but for later owners has this proven to be more resilient? There doesn't seem to be a real definitive answer.

Again, sorry to bring this up for the 1,000,000,000th time...

#10479 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I know this has been kinda done to death in the thread already, and it pains me to even mention it, but what is the general recommendation for later CE builds with regard to protecting the powdercoat? Is there still risk of it deteriorating quickly or was it eventually resolved? I saw that there was a different (satin-like) finish put out, but for later owners has this proven to be more resilient? There doesn't seem to be a real definitive answer.
Again, sorry to bring this up for the 1,000,000,000th time...

Spray it. My new set also discolored. It feels and looks great sprayed with Spraymax 2k. No more issues

#10480 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crossing fingers!

Me too!!

#10481 1 year ago

Me three. Spooky’s 2k topcoat is satin and way too thin. Paint it with the gloss. It is added protection and looks / feels better.

#10482 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Had all of my hedge servos go down at once on my location HWN. Anyone have them all go down in tandem? I’ve had one fail and replaced with the extra stock servo the game came with. Fuse somewhere? Servos finally just fall? I’m going to order the metal gear servos and replace with that, just want to make sure that there not another issue hiding down there line

The same thing just happened to my buddy’s game. It’s a fuse on the red board under the main playfield.

#10483 1 year ago

Right on, could you ask him which one it was? Hard to sort this stuff without a schematic. I saw a number of fuses on that board when I looked. Three had a green light and three did not. I’m assuming that the green indicates functionality but I can’t imagine that there is three dead fuses when everything else is working in the game (assuming that one fuse is associated with all three hedge servos)

Quoted from Jakers:

The same thing just happened to my buddy’s game. It’s a fuse on the red board under the main playfield.

#10484 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Don't worry, they'll have something very special for you, just watch the magic pumpkin...

Omg!! Please spooky!!!!!! Do it!!

#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right on, could you ask him which one it was? Hard to sort this stuff without a schematic. I saw a number of fuses on that board when I looked. Three had a green light and three did not. I’m assuming that the green indicates functionality but I can’t imagine that there is three dead fuses when everything else is working in the game (assuming that one fuse is associated with all three hedge servos)

Your servo fuse is on the far right, a 3 amp fuse, this fuse is located just above your 5v fuse on the bottom right of the board.

Those three unlit fuses are your solenoid fuses and will not light up green unless you are playing a game, or in solenoid test. Not sure why Spooky does it this way, but there you have it.

#10486 1 year ago

Interesting, good to know! Thanks!

Quoted from BrianBannon:

Your servo fuse is on the far right, a 3 amp fuse, this fuse is located just above your 5v fuse on the bottom right of the board.
Those three unlit fuses are your solenoid fuses and will not light up green unless you are playing a game, or in solenoid test. Not sure why Spooky does it this way, but there you have it.

#10487 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, good to know! Thanks!

Yep, it was mine that recently went down, all servos out. It’s a 3A fuse, as BrianBannon noted above. It on the large red board near the bottom/right. The board is marked “servo fuse” or something like that. Pull out the little black plastic housing, and the fuse pops out. Looks like this…

08038D0E-CDB8-4FB0-8A47-081838E484D8 (resized).png08038D0E-CDB8-4FB0-8A47-081838E484D8 (resized).png8FF5D3D2-B1B4-41DA-8734-D821C2E2CB8C (resized).jpeg8FF5D3D2-B1B4-41DA-8734-D821C2E2CB8C (resized).jpeg

#10488 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is a servo fuse for ACNC so I would imagine there is one on Halloween.

#10489 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What number was yours?

#10490 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep, it was mine that recently went down, all servos out. It’s a 3A fuse, as BrianBannon noted above. It on the large red board near the bottom/right. The board is marked “servo fuse” or something like that. Pull out the little black plastic housing, and the fuse pops out. Looks like this…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Am I the only one that thinks 3 amp sounds crazy high for 3 little servos?

#10491 1 year ago

BSE # 1049 got delivered today! Thank you to PinPoint in Fayeteville, AR. They have a CE on location and after having played it I was comfortable pulling the trigger on mine. So far it is working perfectly out of the box. I am enjoying it much more than the last couple of Sterns I have owned (DP & LZ). Good job Spooky with fresh design elements & a killer (get it) theme!

#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I replaced all 3 of mine a couple months ago with these and they've been working good so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7VJQL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

I had 1 that was always flaky that I replaced early on with the spare servo Spooky included. Then all 3 started to get really jittery, especially at startup, so I replaced them all at once with the metal geared replacements.

#10493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Aren't there more than that? There are six connections on the Pinotaur but only five come to mind for me, three hedges, two inlane ball lifters. Does the topper run through that circuit?

#10494 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Aren't there more than that? There are six connections on the Pinotaur but only five come to mind for me, three hedges, two inlane ball lifters. Does the topper run through that circuit?

Diverter to house also.

#10495 1 year ago

More curious ( concerned) as to what made the fuse blow....

#10496 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:Diverter to house also.

That's it! Six places to check when that fuse blows, hedges, lifters and diverter.

#10497 1 year ago

The specs for the MG90S servos show 400mA stall current, so a 3 amp could possibly blow if all of them were operating plus some other stuff on the same circuit at exactly the same time.

In a year I've only had 1 fuse blow during a multi-ball and it never happened again after replacing it.

#10498 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

What number was yours?

#10499 1 year ago

Actually all the servos went out when I blew that fuse. There are several more servos in addition to the 3 peeking Michaels. The lift motors that deliver the ball under the slings, and a few more. You can test all of them in servo test. It was user error that caused mine to blow, I think I installed a replacement servo backwards. Easy to replace at least!

#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

More curious ( concerned) as to what made the fuse blow....

Multiball could cause it to overload then. That being said, it is likely blowing the fuse because of Spooky’s code update to try to take care of Michael creep. Those Michael’s sure move around a lot now. I am personally a fan of less is more when it comes to the hedge Micheals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/210?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.