Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 339.
#1001 2 years ago

Removed.

Jeff

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The night no one comes home (or goes to work)[quoted image]

Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

#70 has arrived... Hopefully i have time to get it set-up tonight after the kids go to bed...
[quoted image]

Nice. Show pics of the setup. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I am still extremely excited to one day get to play this machine.

You can go to the NorthStar, they have a CE, not too far...

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:I hope not, that's excruciatingly slow... At that pace some people are looking at a 2023 delivery... I thought it was 25 for each game, not 25 total but seems like I misunderstood... Yikes.

You can always sell your spot.

#1005 2 years ago

If anyone who has recently received a machine got one with a butter cabinet, can you post really good pictures of the cabinet?

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Um...??? Why? We had almost 3 pages of people bitching about who and who is not doing the code and I make a few posts about progress and now I have two people telling me to sell my spot and move on? This forum is something else...

Jeff

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Not really, there are no buyers. I’m selling at a healthy discount and have an early spot and zero interest. Very few of the for sale ads have moved.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Not really, there are no buyers. I’m selling at a healthy discount and have an early spot and zero interest. Very few of the for sale ads have moved.

A lot of choice out there at the moment which isn’t a bad thing.

#1009 2 years ago

Game is set up!

The powdercoat is amazing and compliments the art nicely. The backglass has some subtle sparkle and the whole topper is lit up. I have about 1/2” of clearance to the ceiling at 88”.

Game shoots great, a few jumpy balls but it should calm down. No knife handle rod yet.

The Spooky crew probably had a few too many IPAs and forgot my power cord, but I’m sure Iron Maiden won’t mind if I borrowed. I called AJ and a new cord should be on the way.

This one’s a winner!
8608A13F-C9FD-45F5-839B-F190B2F57B2E (resized).jpeg8608A13F-C9FD-45F5-839B-F190B2F57B2E (resized).jpeg582CAD01-5A6D-4138-89E6-C29A29C94CF0 (resized).jpeg582CAD01-5A6D-4138-89E6-C29A29C94CF0 (resized).jpeg6CF8C6B8-8E89-4AD5-AA37-385556035C10 (resized).jpeg6CF8C6B8-8E89-4AD5-AA37-385556035C10 (resized).jpegC6FA492E-27F4-46E4-9983-9A0F81A0F3F5 (resized).jpegC6FA492E-27F4-46E4-9983-9A0F81A0F3F5 (resized).jpegCE187C1E-F095-4545-B299-665A606B504F (resized).jpegCE187C1E-F095-4545-B299-665A606B504F (resized).jpeg

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Id buy yours in a heartbeat if i could sell mine.

#1011 2 years ago

#70 has arrived... Hopefully i have time to get it set-up tonight after the kids go to bed...
[quoted image]

I would not do anything but set the game up as soon as it arrived. I give you guys credit for being 1000 times more patient than I am.

#1012 2 years ago

Also a good looking IM pro with the topper and powder coat on the right...

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Also a good looking IM pro with the topper and powder coat on the right...

I was just going to say the same. I really like that red!

#1014 2 years ago

This is a Halloween thread, but thanks! I enjoy powder on all my games.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Game is set up!
The powdercoat is amazing and compliments the art nicely. The backglass has some subtle sparkle and the whole topper is lit up. I have about 1/2” of clearance to the ceiling at 88”.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1016 2 years ago

I am finding the shot up the stair ramp in the top playfield pretty hard to hit. Anybody with game agree, or do I just need to up my skills?

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I think selling, especially at a discount is a big mistake. Code is coming along in leaps and bounds.

I really enjoyed playing it today with the new code finally.

16360680225581351924912728785316 (resized).jpg16360680225581351924912728785316 (resized).jpg
#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I am finding the shot up the stair ramp in the top playfield pretty hard to hit. Anybody with game agree, or do I just need to up my skills?

It’s a hard shot, but I can routinely make it.

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think selling, especially at a discount is a big mistake. Code is coming along in leaps and bounds.
I really enjoyed playing it today with the new code finally.[quoted image]

unless you need money right away, selling at a deep discount is extremely foolish for a limited run game. Borderline insanity. I can see 100, 200 but otherwise, hold onto the game and sell later if you need to.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s a hard shot, but I can routinely make it.

Gotta keep practicing then.

I am also getting a new stuck ball. Right behind the drop Target of the sanitarium when it is down. Will be calling service again tomorrow. The good thing about all this tweaking, is it is getting me used to messing around under the playfield.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Gotta keep practicing then.
I am also getting a new stuck ball. Right behind the drop Target of the sanitarium when it is down. Will be calling service again tomorrow. The good thing about all this tweaking, is it is getting me used to messing around under the playfield.

Learning to tweak is all part of pinball. My daughter one time asked me “Dad, do you play your pinballs, or just fix them.”

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ooooohhh you have ACNC and an Alien too - love it! Not to derail the thread but how is Alien? I have an LV on order - if that arrives in a similar time to my Halloween I'm gonna have the best month ever.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ooooohhh you have ACNC and an Alien too - love it! Not to derail the thread but how is Alien? I have an LV on order - if that arrives in a similar time to my Halloween I'm gonna have the best month ever.

Alien is amazing. I just got done playing a game. Self destruct mode is so cool and you will have the beacon toppers for that mode, I envy you. They actually do a good job of emulating beacons on the playfield during that mode.

ACNC really gave me good practice to attack the Halloween upper playfields.

#1024 2 years ago

Things I enjoy so far:
- The lightshow is amazing
- The music and sound effects are nice and tie in with the mood
- Flow baby!
- The ball will appear where I don’t expect it, so you never really feel safe
- I actually like the animations… a fully CGI Michael Myers would likely look silly, so the Quick Time clips are fine (for now)
- The art (duh)
- The powdercoat on the ramps and other metal parts is great

Nitpicks:
- The callouts need a ton more variety… lots of constantly repeating voice clips
- The Donald Pleasance sound alike is fine, but used waaaaay too much and his voice is super loud; the PJ Soles callouts are still quiet
- One of the signs was held on with tape and fell off after 5 plays or so
- Some of the movie clips are cut short
- I’d like another way to get to the house other than blood or spamming the center ramp; seems like a huge chunk of real estate to only use sparingly

Anyway, the game is a ton of fun and Team Spooky should be proud. Just keep them updates coming!

#1025 2 years ago

I can nail the ramp almost every time. That damn right orbit gets me...

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I can nail the ramp almost every time. That damn right orbit gets me...

Right orbit is tough, as is Judith Myers.

You mean the ramp on the House upper playfield, that you can nail every time?

I guess I still get excited to be on those upper playfields. I am able to control the shots on the sanitarium one pretty well, but have a bit to go on the other.

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Right orbit is tough, as is Judith Myers.
You mean the ramp on the House upper playfield, that you can nail every time?
I guess I still get excited to be on those upper playfields. I am able to control the shots on the sanitarium one pretty well, but have a bit to go on the other.

When the left riser or left ramp returns the ball to the inlane, as it comes to the flipper, flip almost immediately (maybe .1 sec delay). I can repeatedly hit the center ramp…until tommy says “you can’t go up there”, then I get to excited and miss the next shot. Usually can finish the next 2 shots to make it to the upper playfield.

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Things I enjoy so far:
- The lightshow is amazing
- The music and sound effects are nice and tie in with the mood
- Flow baby!
- The ball will appear where I don’t expect it, so you never really feel safe
- I actually like the animations… a fully CGI Michael Myers would likely look silly, so the Quick Time clips are fine (for now)
- The art (duh)
- The powdercoat on the ramps and other metal parts is great
Nitpicks:
- The callouts need a ton more variety… lots of constantly repeating voice clips
- The Donald Pleasance sound alike is fine, but used waaaaay too much and his voice is super loud; the PJ Soles callouts are still quiet
- One of the signs was held on with tape and fell off after 5 plays or so
- Some of the movie clips are cut short
- I’d like another way to get to the house other than blood or spamming the center ramp; seems like a huge chunk of real estate to only use sparingly
Anyway, the game is a ton of fun and Team Spooky should be proud. Just keep them updates coming!

What code are you running? On the latest code, to complete the Bob & Linda mode, you need to go to the top pf and across to progress to the next step of the mode. It’s a very cool use of the upper pf.

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When the left riser or left ramp returns the ball to the inlane, as it comes to the flipper, flip almost immediately (maybe .1 sec delay). I can repeatedly hit the center ramp…until tommy says “you can’t go up there”, then I get to excited and miss the next shot. Usually can finish the next 2 shots to make it to the upper playfield.

Enjoying this shot talk btw, instead of code drama.

I can hit the middle ramp to get to the upper playfield no prob. I am taking the ramp that is on the upper playfield, to take it over to the "Micheal Balcony" that is tough to hit.

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Enjoying this shot talk btw, instead of code drama.
I can hit the middle ramp to get to the upper playfield no prob. I am taking the ramp that is on the upper playfield, to take it over to the "Micheal Balcony" that is tough to hit.

The tip of the flipper. Can’t trap it and hit it, the ball has to be moving. A timing, ball moving thing. If the ball goes to the left of the flipper…thus really slow rolling back to the tip of the flipper and then the flipper can’t reach the ball and the ball then falls to the Sanatarium playfield. As the ball gets close to the tip of the flipper, slap the RIGHT flipper button area (really slap it kinda hard) and the vibration of the slap and the activation of the flipper usually catches the ball just enough to keep it moving on the upper playfield. Just a trick I learned.

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

What code are you running? On the latest code, to complete the Bob & Linda mode, you need to go to the top pf and across to progress to the next step of the mode. It’s a very cool use of the upper pf.

How can you tell the code version? I’m running whatever version it shipped with, and I was going to update with the next code drop.

#1032 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from Mudflaps:

How can you tell the code version? I’m running whatever version it shipped with, and I was going to update with the next code drop.

I haven’t seen this info yet. I think they were gonna implement it, but not sure if they did yet.

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

<blockquote

I haven’t seen this info yet. I think they were gonna implement it, but not sure if they did yet.

I just picked #82 up from spooky this morning. It think I saw the version (1.03) on one of the attract screens. I'll try to get a picture later.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I get a lot of rejections off the diverter when it goes to the right. Fine when it goes to the left

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I get a lot of rejections off the diverter when it goes to the right. Fine when it goes to the left

There’s a little metal flap that slows the ball at the top of that ramp…make sure it’s slowing the ball enough…but not too much. It maybe needs a little adjustment/bend.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

There’s a little metal flap that slows the ball at the top of that ramp…make sure it’s slowing the ball enough…but not too much. It maybe needs a little adjustment/bend.

Yeah, going to take a look tomorrow with some slowmo video

Thanks for the advice

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I just picked #82 up from spooky this morning. It think I saw the version (1.03) on one of the attract screens. I'll try to get a picture later.

The version is shown in the menu. Also noticed a bug that once it shows up the Laurie/Michael Health meter never goes away.

One decent game so far without really knowing what I'm doing. And a lot of movie clips in this version.

20211104_211801 (resized).jpg20211104_211801 (resized).jpg20211104_211903 (resized).jpg20211104_211903 (resized).jpg
#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Yeah, going to take a look tomorrow with some slowmo video
Thanks for the advice

Also look at the angle of the diverter. The diverter is screwed onto the servo. I adjusted the angle a bit and that helped a lot.

#1039 2 years ago

Sounds like I better start bookmarking posts to get ready for tweaking the shit out of this pin like Rick & Morty.

Quoted from dnapac:

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Sounds like I better start bookmarking posts to get ready for tweaking the shit out of this pin like Rick & Morty.

In 20+ years, I haven’t met a pin that doesn’t need tweaking. Stern, B/W, Data East, etc. just part of pinball.

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The version is shown in the menu. Also noticed a bug that once it shows up the Laurie/Michael Health meter never goes away.
One decent game so far without really knowing what I'm doing. And a lot of movie clips in this version.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see that, so I'm guessing I have earlier code.

Edit: The game shipped with 1.01

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

No blood store- v1.0
Has Blood store v1.01
Blood store plus knives on bottom of display v1.02

#1043 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Game is set up!

Game shoots great, a few jumpy balls but it should calm down. No knife handle rod yet.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm assuming that Spooky will be shipping the knife handle rod out later? I thought it was suppose to be included in the CE but it was not on #70. Did I Miss an update where they said they had a shortage on them?

Quoted from kciaccio:

Where did you order your light for underneath the cabinet?

#1044 2 years ago

I'm assuming that Spooky will be shipping the knife handle rod out later? I thought it was suppose to be included in the CE but it was not on #70. Did I Miss an update where they said they had a shortage on them?

Welcome to the supply shortage. A knife handle is a minor problem these days. Not to worry, Spooky will make it right…just have to be patient.

#1045 2 years ago

Where did you order your light for underneath the cabinet?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/867696522

#1046 2 years ago

I'm assuming that Spooky will be shipping the knife handle rod out later?

Yep! We are waiting on rods for both halloween and ultraman actually. Will ship them to customers as soon as we can. Not ideal, but we decided this was a better approach than delaying everybody's game.

#1047 2 years ago

Yea. To get the house multiball. Probably just luck, but I don't have issues there. I've been working on finishing the jack-o-lantern modes, but it's that right orbit that gets me every damn time.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Blood store plus knives on bottom of display v1.02

Anyone have that 1.02 code they could send? Spooky took it down a few days back and 1.03 still not available. I imagine it was bugged but I'd like to check it out still.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have that 1.02 code they could send? Spooky took it down a few days back and 1.03 still not available. I imagine it was bugged but I'd like to check it out still.

Copied from their Facebook page. This was the Halloween code update, so I’m not sure if this is 1.02 or 1.03.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1ejyduH9eE3Fnq4zm6dJgDjtkWRxJY_/view?fbclid=IwAR0DWrFzr4lYEPHBew0FwdOhvNu140brnIlufKzoLfuYx4is4Rapf2OP_Qw

#1050 2 years ago

Everyone, I have accomplished a life achievement. I have seen nudity on a pinball machine.

Finally got that upper playfield shot to go across the balcony, and luckily during Bob and Lynda's demise mode.

I am having to nudge to the left as the ball comes around the orbit towards the flipper, and then as other have said, flip when the ball is just at the tip of the flipper. I think I have some more adjusting to do on the metal if that orbit to get it to flow better, and I got another stuck ball there today too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.