IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 340.
#10351 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, why would a player attempt that skill shot or shoot the lock 5 times to lock in a multiplayer game if they could not benefit from it when their ball drains? Hardly seems worth the bother. Detrimental even.

Maybe that would be the point. During middle of play, accidental ball in the grave= dead ball and you just accidentally helped the next player. Although skill shot for it would have to grab then unlock, or give back at the end of your ball since you did it on purpose in that scenario.

#10352 1 year ago

Yeah, but you’d just shoot it out so they can’t play it.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Maybe that would be the point. During middle of play, accidental ball in the grave= dead ball and you just accidentally helped the next player. Although skill shot for it would have to grab then unlock, or give back at the end of your ball since you did it on purpose in that scenario.

#10353 1 year ago

The way it reads "Upon draining the captive ball will not be released" - this is not working today by design unless "Multiplayer" means something different than adding more than 1 player. Id be interested to know what Im missing or if this is a future code enhancement. It certainly wasnt mentioned that it was a future item in the stream.

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, why would a player attempt that skill shot or shoot the lock 5 times to lock in a multiplayer game if they could not benefit from it when their ball drains? Hardly seems worth the bother. Detrimental even. I think Judith ought to function like a standard one player game in multiplayer but this ball steal rule should be rolled into a tournament mode. Along with no extra ball, no points buying in blood shop, no ex ball in blood shop, no Hedge restart, no house saved progress, two tilt warnings instead of thee and no ball save.

[quoted image]

It's a risk mechanic I guess, the point of the Judith is supposed to be unlocked to get a 2x multiplier, but this is also something I've seen questioned as possibly not working also. Anyone know if that is true, that the 2x scoring multiplier for getting the Judith MB is not doing anything?

#10355 1 year ago

Well I guess in 11 days we will know how they expand on the Judith lock. Hopefully sooner

#10356 1 year ago

Received mine today and everything seems to be working ok.

Had a few games and enjoyed it, need some time to learn what’s going on but was making the shots and doing the loop in the house ok, did have the ball go into the wrong lane in the house and jump out a few times where the diverter is when flipping up there.

Only issue I had was when I tried to change the glass to a low reflection type that fits every pin I have tried it in would not fit, seems it’s slightly longer than the spooky glass. Hoping the back channel has some kind of adjustment, are these shorter sheets of glass in this game?

Anyway what a great machine.

4CB9BAB2-6290-4387-BDD4-CC3AE942B763 (resized).jpeg4CB9BAB2-6290-4387-BDD4-CC3AE942B763 (resized).jpeg

#10357 1 year ago

Make sure your sheet is sliding all the way back into the back plastic channel and make sure your game is perfectly level side to side as it can unsquare the cabinet and make for tricky glass return.

Quoted from Lostcause:

Received mine today and everything seems to be working ok.
Had a few games and enjoyed it, need some time to learn what’s going on but was making the shots and doing the loop in the house ok, did have the ball go into the wrong lane in the house and jump out a few times where the diverter is when flipping up there.
Only issue I had was when I tried to change the glass to a low reflection type that fits every pin I have tried it in would not fit, seems it’s slightly longer than the spooky glass. Hoping the back channel has some kind of adjustment, are these shorter sheets of glass in this game?
Anyway what a great machine.
[quoted image]

#10358 1 year ago

Yep, no reason it should not fit.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Make sure your sheet is sliding all the way back into the back plastic channel and make sure your game is perfectly level side to side as it can unsquare the cabinet and make for tricky glass return.

#10359 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Looks pretty square and pushed it hard back into the channel, will investigate it later. But Spookys glass is shorter by maybe 1/4”.

Sub doesn’t sound right so going to have to look into that too, tried adjusting the level on the amp and it makes the sub move (cone) while doing it.
Also the tongue one way flap in the house has been mounted high enough that the ball can go underneath it and back down the ramp if the ball gets into that area from the house flipper. Is this right?

Just played some games with my wife, not an easy game which I don’t mind.

#10360 1 year ago

Funny the glass thing came up. I was considering getting a sheet of Invisiglass. My Spooky glass is exactly the same dimension as the Invisiglass specs; I think 43" long. I will say I have struggled getting the Spooky glass back in at times. I now pay attention to the end that goes in first and it barely fits. Haha, sometimes it is like a puzzle....I flip it, reverse it...cuss at it....and then magically it fits. I have not fooled with trying to square the cabinet. I might simply look at notching the rear stop just to give me a fraction more length.

I have noticed my 'late model' game seems to have several improvements in it...many of the reported issues I read about 6-12 months ago are no longer evident (or possible) in my game. In fact, my game has been perfect out of the box (less my ignorance on the operation of the Sanitarium flipper). So, it is entirely possible the guys in Benton shortened the glass to alleviate fitment issues if the cabinet is not perfect. Just a hypothesis if your glass is shorter than the Invisiglass.

I sold my Jurassic Park Premium for this game. No knocks on JPP, it is a fine game, but this one is more alluring. I like this a lot...more so than the long clanking shots in JPP. Sound, lights, and emotion are unmatched in Halloween.

Way to go Spooky! Great game; great continuous improvement.

#10361 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Looks pretty square and pushed it hard back into the channel, will investigate it later. But Spookys glass is shorter by maybe 1/4”.
Sub doesn’t sound right so going to have to look into that too, tried adjusting the level on the amp and it makes the sub move (cone) while doing it.
Also the tongue one way flap in the house has been mounted high enough that the ball can go underneath it and back down the ramp if the ball gets into that area from the house flipper. Is this right?

Have a standard sheet of PDI in mine, fits fine. Spooky games are particularly vulnerable in the " square" dept. If you look where the wood notches are at the top left and right of the channel, there can be slight variance.

My R&M had me scratching my head with the same thing you are facing...leveled the cabinet at front and back ( important) and the glass was fine. It was only 1/4 bubble off at the back prior, which caused the glass to hit the notch wrong and not go all the way in.

( obvious note...never, ever force the glass...massive profanity will follow)..

#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from smoke20:

Funny the glass thing came up. I was considering getting a sheet of Invisiglass. My Spooky glass is exactly the same dimension as the Invisiglass specs; I think 43" long. I will say I have struggled getting the Spooky glass back in at times. I now pay attention to the end that goes in first and it barely fits. Haha, sometimes it is like a puzzle....I flip it, reverse it...cuss at it....and then magically it fits. I have not fooled with trying to square the cabinet. I might simply look at notching the rear stop just to give me a fraction more

Yep..the "squareness" of these cabs is very important ( more than any of my other games)...people talk all the time about pitch, yet rarely mention level.

Halloween, in particular, really benefits from square..the upper pf entrances from the ramp ( that whole area up there actually) behave very well when they're " balanced, lol...

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep..the "squareness" of these cabs is very important ( more than any of my other games)...people talk all the time about pitch, yet rarely mention level.
Halloween, in particular, really benefits from square..the upper pf entrances from the ramp ( that whole area up there actually) behave very well when they're " balanced, lol...

What tools are you using to get settings right? I have trued pitch and whatnot from phone apps, but id like to get this as perfect as possible. Love this pin, but only seem to play at night!!

#10364 1 year ago

If you look at the glass where it meets the lockdown bar and one side of the glass is further out on one side than the other…that’s a square prob. Shift the cabinet with your hands and watch as glass fits right in depending on what side you lean / push too. Then…level your game (whomever is having problems that is. Not the person I quoted)

Quoted from MK6PIN:

#10365 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine is like this. I figure that metal flap is really there for a hard/airborne bounce back, not a roll.

Quoted from Roostking:

What tools are you using to get settings right? I have trued pitch and whatnot from phone apps, but id like to get this as perfect as possible. Love this pin, but only seem to play at night!!

This is pretty cheap and works great:
https://a.co/d/dFFvXJE

#10366 1 year ago

It’s levelled spot on with the pinguy app with a pitch of about 7. I did notice the glass when pushed it all the way was slightly out left to right by a very small amount. I did push the cab against the wall to shift it but no joy, still don’t think the glass would have gone in if it was square anyway.
Will have a look tomorrow, too much to take in today!

But what a game!

#10367 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

This is pretty cheap and works great:
https://a.co/d/dFFvXJE

Thanks!

#10368 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Once the ball passes into the house under the flap, it should not be able to back the opposite way down the lane. What most of us have found is that the diverter up there needs minor adjustments otherwise the ball could be hitting the edge of the diverter before completely passing under the flap, which knocks it back down. You can search for diverter adjustment in this thread to find instructions on what to do.

#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I've got a large, 2' aluminum level so it can span the rails both parallel, and slightly off ( in and out of square). This way I can compare front to back to nail it down. Cabinet first, then torpedo on pf to confirm, then inclinometer last for dial in.

Not that pricey, and common item for cabinet guys...
20221020_184221 (resized).jpg20221020_184221 (resized).jpg

#10370 1 year ago

Phone apps are cool and some good ones out there...just cant span the cabinet proper

#10371 1 year ago

GZ just got a pretty solid update. You can do it guys!

Also just noticed TODAY that Loomis says “Haddonfield, BENTON, these towns are all the same…”. Yeah yeah so I’m late to the party

#10372 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

GZ just got a pretty solid update. You can do it guys!
Also just noticed TODAY that Loomis says “Haddonfield, BENTON, these towns are all the same…”. Yeah yeah so I’m late to the party

Think Spooky is mostly all at the Pinball Expo so likely that's getting in the way of new drop. I imagine they are gonna try to get this out on or right before Halloween

#10373 1 year ago

Any tips to make the drop targets more sensitive? Very frequently I'll hit them head on and the ball will bounce off like it hit a brick wall, after about 3-5 direct hits the target will drop.

The one in the upper house playfield will get stuck permanently up until I take the glass out and push the target with my hand to drop it. ‍♂️

#10374 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Think Spooky is mostly all at the Pinball Expo so likely that's getting in the way of new drop. I imagine they are gonna try to get this out on or right before Halloween

Yeah yeah I know, just giving them a hard time and an ‘atta boy!

#10375 1 year ago

Lift the playfield, find the drop mech and pull each spring tighter by about 5-7 links. Just dooont let the spring become detached from the other side because….that sucks. Very easy otherwise.

Quoted from JuanSolo:

Any tips to make the drop targets more sensitive? Very frequently I'll hit them head on and the ball will bounce off like it hit a brick wall, after about 3-5 direct hits the target will drop.
The one in the upper house playfield will get stuck permanently up until I take the glass out and push the target with my hand to drop it. ‍♂️

#10376 1 year ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

What does the inside of the drops cutout look like? Is the wood smooth? Mine was not and not letting the drops fall.

The spring fix did not help me.

#10377 1 year ago

Btw. A 10” polk powered sub makes this game come to serious life.

#10378 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Or a Klipsch R-12SW 12" 400W Subwoofer! Boom! Out go the lights!

#10379 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Or a Klipsch R-12SW 12" 400W Subwoofer! Boom! Out go the lights!

I have a paradigm servo 15” sub that I need to connect to, will look today to see what I need to do.

#10380 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Once the ball passes into the house under the flap, it should not be able to back the opposite way down the lane. What most of us have found is that the diverter up there needs minor adjustments otherwise the ball could be hitting the edge of the diverter before completely passing under the flap, which knocks it back down. You can search for diverter adjustment in this thread to find instructions on what to do.

Thanks, I will look into that. I only thought the adjustment was to divert the ball to either side smoothly. Not heard about adjustments to stop the ball going back down under the flap once in the house.

#10381 1 year ago

Hello guys….just purchased a CE from a private seller. We love this game!! A couple of rubber rings seemed to be worn out so on the lower playfield. I’m in the process of shopping those out. I’ve ordered according to Spooky’s chart but I’m confused on what sizes go where. Is there anyway you can guide me? Where does the 2 1/2 and 2 inch rings go? I’ve included a pic with arrows. Sorry if this is petty. I’m not an expert in this at all!!

DA9D52FC-7C12-4224-AF1F-80A7A0222AE1 (resized).jpegDA9D52FC-7C12-4224-AF1F-80A7A0222AE1 (resized).jpeg
#10382 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Starting sanitarium mode with a powered external sub shakes my entire basement ceiling. That bass note is crazy.

#10383 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hello guys….just purchased a CE from a private seller. We love this game!! A couple of rubber rings seemed to be worn out so on the lower playfield. I’m in the process of shopping those out. I’ve ordered according to Spooky’s chart but I’m confused on what sizes go where. Is there anyway you can guide me? Where does the 2 1/2 and 2 inch rings go? I’ve included a pic with arrows. Sorry if this is petty. I’m not an expert in this at all!!
[quoted image]

If you look closely, the ones you remove should have a size on them. Just replace with the same

#10384 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

[quoted image]

2.5 inch rings are pretty standard for modern slingshot mechs. Older slings can be bigger, but that is a good rule of thumb.

#10385 1 year ago

Anyone have suggestions for a loose coin door. There is a lil bit of play in mine and appears to be a small gap between the lock mechanism and the actual cabinet. Not a huge deal, but hoping to get it tightened up. I tried tightening the back nut but it doesn’t seem to help. Do I need to order a shorter lock?

#10386 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone have suggestions for a loose coin door. There is a lil bit of play in mine and appears to be a small gap between the lock mechanism and the actual cabinet. Not a huge deal, but hoping to get it tightened up. I tried tightening the back nut but it doesn’t seem to help. Do I need to order a shorter lock?

Either that or you can bend the latch part with pliers so that when it is closed, the latch is closer to the door frame and, thus, tighter.

#10387 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If you look closely, the ones you remove should have a size on them. Just replace with the same

Awe shit…didn’t think of that. I told y’all I’m really a newbie!!!

#10388 1 year ago

Two days till the top 100 resets. If about 15 people review the BSE model those ratings will be rolled into Halloween’s overall rating as a group which could VERY easily take this game from #66 into the top 20-40 which would be nice to see. So if you’ve got time go leave a review for the BSE and standard (even if you have a CE…it’s the same game after all)

#10389 1 year ago

I thought there was supposed to be Michael dressed as a clown on the left of the backbox?
Mine has the same art of The Shape on both sides, what should it be?

893302F0-984C-4E0B-953F-3D95023E1B52 (resized).jpeg893302F0-984C-4E0B-953F-3D95023E1B52 (resized).jpeg
#10390 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I thought there was supposed to be Michael dressed as a clown on the left of the backbox?
Mine has the same art of The Shape on both sides, what should it be?[quoted image]

Weeeeeeird. Yeah, the left side should have 1963 clown Michael.

#10391 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine has the same art of The Shape on both sides, what should it be?[quoted image]

It should be the creepy clown Michael. Spooky’s quality control is concerning but in this case I kinda like it. I am sure Spooky will send you the correct one but I would hold off swapping it out. It makes your game unique.

#10392 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It should be the creepy clown Michael. Spooky’s quality control is concerning but in this case I kinda like it. I am sure Spooky will send you the correct one but I would hold off swapping it out. I makes your game unique.

I'll trade you for mine... I hate clowns

#10393 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Weeeeeeird. Yeah, the left side should have 1963 clown Michael.

Was just in my room and it thought hold it where’s the clown!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It should be the creepy clown Michael. Spooky’s quality control is concerning but in this case I kinda like it. I am sure Spooky will send you the correct one but I would hold off swapping it out. It makes your game unique.

I was thinking that too but still how can that pass quality control, somebody should have spotted it.

#10394 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll trade you for mine... I hate clowns

Ha ha if only I was closer lol

#10395 1 year ago

In the current code are you playing as Michael, a victim/survivor, detective, or what?

#10396 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I was thinking that too but still how can that pass quality control, somebody should have spotted it.

I just feel sorry for whoever got the two creepy clowns on their backbox.

#10397 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’m more confused as to how it fit. Those sides aren’t symmetrical in a way the left and right are interchangeable.

#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m more confused as to how it fit. Those sides aren’t symmetrical in a way the left and right are interchangeable.

I think they will fit on either side. I believe the graphic is oversized and gets trimmed down regardless of what side it goes on.

#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

It’s on there perfect but must have been odd doing it as the shape must have been different, no pun intended.

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

It’s on there perfect but must have been odd doing it as the shape must have been different, no pun intended.

I think they should send you another to replace it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/208?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.