20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 339.
#10001 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, the addition of any mod across all manufacturers including Stern voids the warranty UNLESS it is an approved modification from the company. This is a standard practice. Are you people NEW?!

Not new in the least. But when they've always been an approved mod in the past, and no one said any different this time makes a difference. Read what some have stated...Spooky confirmed with the one guy that the knocker kit number was correct. They didn't tell him that it wouldn't work. Nice.

#10002 1 year ago

Knockergate sounds like an episode from the Kardashians.

#10003 1 year ago

Hmm, would be smart to look inside your game before ordering parts to see exactly what you need. That’s a pretty standard method of operation in this hobby.

Quoted from MattElder:

Not new in the least. But when they've always been an approved mod in the past, and no one said any different this time makes a difference. Read what some have stated...Spooky confirmed with the one guy that the knocker kit number was correct. They didn't tell him that it wouldn't work. Nice.

#10004 1 year ago

Happy to report that #692 CE Butter is home safe. Absolutely loving this game... the theme integration is outstanding. So much fun. Already ordered a can of 2k to clear, have the house and vine mods, and new titans. Even bought the dripping blood for the shooter rod plate. More code is going to push this easily into the top 50..

20221010_220715 (resized).jpg20221010_220715 (resized).jpg
#10005 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

No one is up in arms

I agree, no one is up in arms, but Open Arms by Journey is a great make out song. Let’s at least acknowledge that much.

#10006 1 year ago

Anybody have their backglass signed? I’m going to be meeting some people from the movie this weekend, and I’m torn between having them sign in either silver sharpie, white paint pen, or black sharpie. I’m leaning towards silver at the moment, but would love to see what others have done, for reference.

#10007 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, the addition of any mod across all manufacturers including Stern voids the warranty UNLESS it is an approved modification from the company. This is a standard practice. Are you people NEW?!

So everyone that’s added the house mod, has voided their warranty?

#10008 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

Yes
At least that’s what it says in the website and warranty language.

#10009 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Yes
At least that’s what it says in the website and warranty language.

Spooky has great customer service and is generally very responsive to replacing parts and helping fix issues. If a defect or failure is due to a mod, sure, it’s a problem. Otherwise, if you open a ticket, I’m sure Spooky will respond to your problem, and won’t demand a list of all your installed mods to date.

#10010 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Have a ce coming. Read somewhere here about the gold armor turning black… is this still a thing and is it avoidable? Thx

Yes its a thing, yes its avoidable. Spray outdoors and get respirator. Happy with mine, As I started to see it getting black pretty quickly.

Screenshot_20221010-202709_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221010-202709_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#10011 1 year ago

Where do I get the house mod at? Any other must have mods?

#10012 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Below are a couple of pics that should help. You can see that the servo harness connections are somewhat staggered. The three servo harnesses feed into a cavity below the playfield and then out and over to the main board where the connectors are plugged in (servo 3, servo 4, and servo 5, area circled in red below) . Where the harnesses come out below the playfield, you should find some excess wiring bundled up and zip-tied (circled in black, but of course verify in your machine). Cutting the zip-tie should give you enough extra play in the servo harnesses so that you can carefully pull some of that bundle out of the top of the playfield. This will expose those hidden connectors so that you can swap the remaining two servos out.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much for the detailed description and photos. I was able to get all 3 servos changed out successfully. I also installed the Vimtoman house and the Pinsight 5" lcd. It was a good day for for my Halloween CE. Lots up upgrades.

#10013 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes its a thing, yes its avoidable. Spray outdoors and get respirator. Happy with mine, As I started to see it getting black pretty quickly.[quoted image]

Thank you!

#10014 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Where do I get the house mod at? Any other must have mods?

There’s another thread started by Vimtoman where he’s keeping a list. It’s a must-have. There aren’t a lot of mods I’m aware of - there is also the clothesline mod

#10015 1 year ago

1229 delivered today...no issues...worked right out of the gate!

IMG_20221010_190054903 (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_190054903 (resized).jpg
#10016 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Spooky has great customer service and is generally very responsive to replacing parts and helping fix issues. If a defect or failure is due to a mod, sure, it’s a problem. Otherwise, if you open a ticket, I’m sure Spooky will respond to your problem, and won’t demand a list of all your installed mods to date.

Never said they didn’t. Just what the warranty states.

Quoted from diamondfate9:

[quoted image]

Man I’m still waiting on my shipping invoice.
Been 2 weeks since payment.

#10017 1 year ago

Yes, technically. But who the hell would know?

Quoted from Mjlanham16:

#10018 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Paid for mine early August, been told should be in the UK this week so hopefully here by next week.
In time for my birthday - Halloween

#10019 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

What number are you?

#10020 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, technically. But who the hell would know?

I always hook my powered mods to a mean well power supply I bought…totally separate from all the games electronics…thus, I still have factory warranty. Cheap, easy, and safe.

#10021 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was suggesting that when manufacturers offer knockers and shakers as part of a higher edition, they allow you to add it to the cheaper machines without voiding a warranty. But thanks for the quick attack! You seem to add little to meaningful conversations here, and yet are the #1 poster. So I hope you won't be offended when I set you to Ignore and try to reduce meaningless noise on my feeds. I like hearing differing opinions and ideas, but not garbage.

To everyone else: If he says something smart, feel free to let me know. I say all of this not to express a pouty face (I hate saying it at all), but to not look oblivious when it seems I'm not seeing specific posts from ignored users.

#10022 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes its a thing, yes its avoidable. Spray outdoors and get respirator. Happy with mine, As I started to see it getting black pretty quickly.[quoted image]

Funny thing, I didn't do mine as I got it and played it before I knew it was "a thing". But the only place I have significant blackening of the powder is all over the front speaker panel where I touched it once, opening it to troubleshoot and replace a speaker LED segment and on the coin door.

Really disappointing that I'll have to re-powdercoat the machine if I don't want it to look like someone drew on it with a sharpie.

#10023 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

What number are you?

#10024 1 year ago

Are you with Nitro? Seems orders through distros are taking a much longer time. 1197 still not here yet.

#10025 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Funny thing, I didn't do mine as I got it and played it before I knew it was "a thing". But the only place I have significant blackening of the powder is all over the front speaker panel where I touched it once, opening it to troubleshoot and replace a speaker LED segment and on the coin door.
Really disappointing that I'll have to re-powdercoat the machine if I don't want it to look like someone drew on it with a sharpie.

I doubt the speaker panel damage is the result of you. The metal prep was awful. What you are probably seeing is hand prints coming through the finish that were on the bare metal before it was powder coated. Powder coating 101 states you need to prep the metal chemically before applying powder. Lots of us have hand prints on the speaker panel because Spooky's powder coater cut corners to save cost. Apparently the cost of that product skyrocketed during the pandemic. My powder coater said the cost went up 300 percent on the metal prep product.

#10026 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Are you with Nitro? Seems orders through distros are taking a much longer time. 1197 still not here yet.

Spooky direct

#10027 1 year ago

But can we please have a code tease? It’s 20 days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.

#10028 1 year ago

Ends releases in 2 days, perfect time for the code

And can't wait for the angry mobs after the movie's release, cause I know it's gonna be controversial

#10029 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Ends releases in 2 days, perfect time for the code
And can't wait for the angry mobs after the movie's release, cause I know it's gonna be controversial

Hm, is it a spoiler if we post speculation?

I *definitely* have an idea of what (I think) is up, and yeah it's going to be controversial! I do like the idea that they are kind of creating these alternate stories just like Carpenter intended with HIII, but they all just happen to be about Michael. Someone else will most likely take a crack in a few years. It would have been really great to see some other ideas they may have come up with after HIII, had it been a hit.

#10030 1 year ago

Yeah, I think I've seen yours and I would definitely rather have to do what I did, than what you're gonna have to go through, what a bummer.

#10031 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

for anyone that has had a Michael behind the hedge servo not working. Is it typically the servo or the wiring connection under the playfield?
Thanks

My middle hedge Michael stopped working, it was the servo. I called Spooky and they sent me three new ones even though I only had one stop working. The middle and top Michaels connections are under the upper left plastic under the hedge rail. It was a bit of a pain to get it replaced, but has be working great ever since.

#10032 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I doubt the speaker panel damage is the result of you. The metal prep was awful. What you are probably seeing is hand prints coming through the finish that were on the bare metal before it was powered coated. Powered coating 101 states you need to prep the metal chemically before applying powered. Lots of us have hand prints on the speaker panel because Spooky's powder coater cut corners to save cost. Apparently the cost of that product skyrocketed during the pandemic. My powered coater said the cost went up 300 percent on the metal prep product.

That actually makes more sense. I don't recall ever touching around the dollar bill blankoff on the coin door where I have black spots. Really irritates me by, hey, it's only 10 grand, maybe if it was 12 like everyone else I'd have got good powder coat and a CE label.

#10033 1 year ago

That actually makes more sense. I don't recall ever touching around the dollar bill blankoff on the coin door where I have black spots. Really irritates me by, hey, it's only 10 grand, maybe if it was 12 like everyone else I'd have got good powder coat and a CE label.

Man, I've got to go check on my BSE now. I think the color overall will probably hide imperfections better than the lighter CE color, but I wonder if the prep was addressed by then.

#10034 1 year ago

Is there a way to modify the coin mech to accept canadian quarters?

#10035 1 year ago

Looks like Deadflip has a Halloween in his studio. Maybe that means new code game play soon? Hoping anyway.

2E61FC1D-3419-4116-8F58-2F972D76212A (resized).png2E61FC1D-3419-4116-8F58-2F972D76212A (resized).png
#10036 1 year ago

Hmmm yea maybe a hint of something special if it's with Deadflip and it doesn't look numbered?

#10037 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, I've got to go check on my BSE now. I think the color overall will probably hide imperfections better than the lighter CE color, but I wonder if the prep was addressed by then.

I don't believe the BSE's had the powder coat issue the CE's had.

#10038 1 year ago

I don't believe the BSE's had the powder coat issue the CE's had.

I think the hammertone finish plays a part in the problems they are having as well. Had the finish on my ACNC wear overtime and had to have the lockbar and side rails replaced, and it's slowly doing it again. These issues with Halloween have been far more extreme and showing up a lot sooner

#10039 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I think the hammertone finish plays a part in the problems they are having as well. Had the finish on my ACNC wear overtime and had to have the lockbar and side rails replaced, and it's slowly doing it again. These issues with Halloween have been far more extreme and showing up a lot sooner

I probably had less than 20 plays on my mine when I started noticing it going dark. I had already bought the clear coat just in case and was ready.

#10040 1 year ago
Quoted from diamondfate9:

[quoted image]

Congrats and who rehauled your mask, it looks good I would like mine done but I don't even have an idea on how to get started.

#10041 1 year ago

My flipper stopped working last night on the upper house playfield. All the other flippers are working fine. Any ideas how to fix/diagnose? The underside of the upper playfield looks like a tough area to reach.

#10042 1 year ago
Quoted from Bucknut3000:

My flipper stopped working last night on the upper house playfield. All the other flippers are working fine. Any ideas how to fix/diagnose? The underside of the upper playfield looks like a tough area to reach.

Check fuses first

#10043 1 year ago
Quoted from Bucknut3000:

Make sure your leaf switches are good at your buttons . It’s a staged flipper. So each button has 2 switches.

#10044 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I'm Spooky direct and still no shipping on 1225

#10045 1 year ago

Keep in mind that power cuts out when house mode times out

Quoted from Bucknut3000:

#10046 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Really depends, the newer run models it happens less too it seems. If it's an older model, low number, then you will want to coat it for sure.
I got 620 something CE after they started coating them, and have had no discoloration on mine which i've had over 3 months now

I have 605 and 915. The powdercoating color is darker on the 915 from the factory. The 605 is in my home and less than 100 plays. I can already see it turning black where my hands rest. Spooky is taking care of me.

#10047 1 year ago

Well well what do we have here ….

rd

8E271102-F32A-440B-BB1A-E1CE63157C83 (resized).jpeg8E271102-F32A-440B-BB1A-E1CE63157C83 (resized).jpeg
#10048 1 year ago

You think I need to clear coat a #712 or you think they clear coated it out by then?

#10049 1 year ago

Just do it, better safe than sorry. The issue seems to be rampant.

Quoted from DropGems:

You think I need to clear coat a #712 or you think they clear coated it out by then?

#10050 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well well what do we have here ….
rd[quoted image]

Wasn’t too bad ..

Better than the last one.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/201?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.