IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 340.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think we are adding a ton of things from a really great variety of peoples suggestions! I also think the game is way better than OK already!

#63 checking in here. Totally agree, I love the game so far, and the code update from Halloween just cements that even more. I have more more confidence then ever that this is going to be a homerun. If you bought this game because you love the theme (grail theme for me) and weren't looking for a quick flip, I would say you have nothing to worry about. If you are still feeling nervous, try to find it on location and give it a play and I'm sure you'll walk away feeling the same.

image2 (1) (resized).jpegimage2 (1) (resized).jpeg
#902 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

wasn't he at Deeproot working on those games as well?

No, perhaps you are thinking of Steve Bowden. I never worked at Deeproot in any capacity.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

#63 checking in here. Totally agree, I love the game so far, and the code update from Halloween just cements that even more. I have more more confidence then ever that this is going to be a homerun. If you bought this game because you love the theme (grail theme for me) and weren't looking for a quick flip, I would say you have nothing to worry about. If you are still feeling nervous, try to find it on location and give it a play and I'm sure you'll walk away feeling the same.
[quoted image]

Good grief...and next to Drac!!!! Nice, and glad to hear your enjoying the game and journey.....( oh wait, need to throw something negative in here.....that orange looks horrid reflecting off your ceiling tiles, lol... ...)

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think we are adding a ton of things from a really great variety of peoples suggestions! I also think the game is way better than OK already!

Do you have a rules roadmap (similar to JJP's code diagrams) that lays out all the rules and features that are planned, and how each will work and interact with the other features? I know Spooky games take the lifetime of the run to finish out the code, but it'd be nice to at least know what is planned. Right now I'm seeing a very basic modes+multiball game, 90s WMS style.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's profit taking there

Easy pickings there....don't believe for a second that some didn't already flip spots early in this 1 for profit either ("oop's I bought 2", and other $500 -$1k early grabs were common).

Every game, every time.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Easy pickings there....don't believe for a second that some didn't already flip spots early in this 1 for profit either ("oop's I bought 2", and other $500 -$1k early grabs were common).

Yup, I could have sold mine at least break-even at that time had I known Bowen was gone. I think that train has left the station, so guess we'll ride this thing to delivery. I'm in low 200s so will be able to dig in personally soon enough.

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think these are so important as well. You will notice the windshield even gets cracks in it as you progress in sanitarium!

Ah that's what those breaking glass animations were! I was asking about that, I couldn't work it out as it was happening during hedge multiball.

Another very nice touch, definitely keep putting the little things like that in!

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yup, I could have sold mine at least break-even at that time had I known Bowen was gone. I think that train has left the station, so guess we'll ride this thing to delivery. I'm in low 200s so will be able to dig in personally soon enough.

Me too..and you never know, you might find it to your liking. I've always respected your postings, even if not agreeing with some of them, across the threads.

Think I'm 230 something, so anxious to hear all the takes, though mine will be most important to me..

Believe you have every right to being upset if the game was purchased under perceived or implied/ conveyed notions. The good news is it actually could end up still being great, and certainly not going to take a bath if it wasn't what you'd hoped. Market is just too strong for these things.

Think I'll get mine, play/ flip in a couple years as when they're gone, they're gone ( kidding of course, as this thing really intrigues me... believe it's going to add it's own magic to my lineup and be a keeper).

Hope the journey w this game ends in a positive manner for you, regardless which path you take...............mark

#909 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Awsome bud thanks for sharing what this thread is supposed to be all about .Congrats

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hope the journey w this game ends in a positive manner for you, regardless which path you take...............mark

Thanks man. I'll definitely give it every chance, will at least wait for the bulk of rules to be implemented before considering moving it along. Maybe Bug is the next Elwin, who knows... I hope they're up for taking advice from people not named Bowen, as I'll probably give 'em an earful after getting quality time with the game

#911 2 years ago

Special K’s pod was ludicrous today. Calling Spooky out for planning to take a year on the code, when he’s bought Stern that took 2 or 3 years to finish. Makes no sense.

#912 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I dig the Voorhees picture. This is my shrine next to my pins

20210902_201723 (resized).jpg20210902_201723 (resized).jpg
#913 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I'm loving seeing these pics of owners getting their machines. What a beauty it is - keep 'em coming fellas!

(Also super jealous of anyone who has this sitting at home at the moment).

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Special K’s pod was ludicrous today. Calling Spooky out for planning to take a year on the code, when he’s bought Stern that took 2 or 3 years to finish. Makes no sense.

Really wish I'd heard it (not)....really wish I cared or respected anything that he spewed ( definitely not). Got my fill years ago in here.....pass

#915 2 years ago

Like every episode of that mess

#916 2 years ago

"I can't believe they are taking a year on the code, that is stupid!"

-Signed, guy who bought B66

#917 2 years ago

Ugh really? Seriously this attitude is just becoming silly now. I mean, what (modern) machine has had finished, complete code under a year from initial release, and why the heck does this have to be any different? It was a serious talking point maybe 5 years ago, when some machines shipped with real barebones code and it was somewhat of a shock, because no-one fully realized how significantly it could be improved. (eg, Batman 66 obvs).

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of all the negative comments on the code, maybe people should really be a bit more encouraging and show a little optimism, because it's clearly being worked on like crazy by the Spooky team. Christ, I would be getting so annoyed if I was working flat out on something only to be constantly barraged with criticism.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thanks man. I'll definitely give it every chance, will at least wait for the bulk of rules to be implemented before considering moving it along. Maybe Bug is the next Elwin, who knows... I hope they're up for taking advice from people not named Bowen, as I'll probably give 'em an earful after getting quality time with the game

I think that'd be a great idea L... can't think of anybody who'd make a better "unofficial" consultant for the game!

You've certainly got the temperament and the pedigree

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thanks man. I'll definitely give it every chance, will at least wait for the bulk of rules to be implemented before considering moving it along. Maybe Bug is the next Elwin, who knows...

Ya, remember Bug is like 20 (not sure of exact age). I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

#920 2 years ago

I don’t watch his podcast, but from all that I gather, he doesn’t give a descriptive opinion. This isn’t a reviewer, just someone vomiting hate for something they want to not like. The more he does this, the more irrelevant he will become. A podcast should be opinionated, but fair and informative. 5 years from now…
“kaneda? Who’s kaneda.” Most will stop listening.

#921 2 years ago

Great pairing there and awesome Voorhees poster. I played Halloween and thought it shot nice, looked nice, and the atmosphere was spot on. It just is really in need of code that will give it legs. Some stacking, paths of progression, risk and reward... maybe a mini wizard mode or 3. I'm just hoping it can get there.

Quoted from Boycer:

I dig the Voorhees picture. This is my shrine next to my pins

Badass part 2 prop! I love to see people doing this. I have a part 3 stalking the game room...

20211102_211211.jpg20211102_211211.jpg
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Happy to trade spots with you (I am #786) if you want more time to decide!

#923 2 years ago

Bug isn't Bowen, but he's a pretty good player in his own right. He won two of the last three tournaments I've seen him play.

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Bug isn't Bowen, but he's a pretty good player in his own right. He won two of the last three tournaments I've seen him play.

When I get stuck at work, sometimes “fresh eyes” are needed. Not saying Bowen is “stuck”, but fresh eyes can bring what’s needed. Looking at the current rules (and I’ve played several hundred games on this pin) I didn’t really think that this came from a 20 year old new guy…really is pointing in a great direction.

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Bowen said you guys are not implementing his suggestions.
I know you didn't *intend* to deceive, but the end result is still the same. The aspect of this game I was looking forward to most is now gone. "We will have this talent help with the game." "Okay, maybe not..."
There are currently 30-some spots for sale across HWNCE and UMCE (didn't check standards or BSEs). Not going to fool with that market; I guess I just wait and hope it turns out OK.

Good god man...

Jeff

#926 2 years ago

I used to think it was odd that the other pinball companies didn’t engage on Pinside. Now I’m starting to understand… SpookyLuke is a f’n champ keeping up with it and staying positive.

TheNoTrashCougar games are my favorite to play (over and over again)… so I would be bummed if a 3rd game with Spooky doesn’t happen. Either way, I’m stoked about this internally designed and coded game because it is so unique and will be fun to switch things up. I look forward to seeing how it evolves with the year of code updates coming like new episodes of a great show.

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

TheNoTrashCougar games are my favorite to play (over and over again)… so I would be bummed if a 3rd game with Spooky doesn’t happen

Who said that wasn’t happening?

Where does this stuff come from?

rd

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think we are adding a ton of things from a really great variety of peoples suggestions!

when you have a board full of consultants, who needs bowen?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We feel it is important to develop our in house team that work together on a daily basis. Our priority going forward are going to be staff that can be in the shop every day!

this position seems a little weak to me. constructing pinball rules is a great example of a job that can be done remotely, just look at the pinside board of consultants doing just that. and wasnt the new animation guy in denver?

#929 2 years ago

Nobody said it was or wasn’t happening… I simply said I would be bummed if it doesn’t. The odds certainly have not improved with SpookyLuke saying “Our priority going forward are going to be staff that can be in the shop every day” in reference to Bowen.

Quoted from rotordave:

Who said that wasn’t happening?
Where does this stuff come from?
rd

#930 2 years ago

I remember everyone bitching about jjp Pirates for the first year...

The spinning disc has changed!

The trunk doesn't close anymore!

The game is too expensive!

Poor guys that got sucked into buying that flop....

#931 2 years ago

The owners thread has shit the bed. Even greenhornet is here.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Nobody said it was or wasn’t happening… I simply said I would be bummed if it doesn’t. The odds certainly have not improved with SpookyLuke saying “Our priority going forward are going to be staff that can be in the shop every day” in reference to Bowen.

I think you’re reading way too much into it.

#933 2 years ago

Zen Studios X Spooky Pinball - Halloween Interview

#934 2 years ago

I did not realize that Bug is Charlie kid, interesting. Something tells me that means he's going to give a lot more to the game(s) than another employee -

I have to say it's pretty impressive, the poise Luke has with responding to posts on here, some of which are pretty nasty.

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did not realize that Bug is Charlie kid, interesting. Something tells me that means he's going to give a lot more to the game(s) than another employee -
I have to say it's pretty impressive, the poise Luke has with responding to posts on here, some of which are pretty nasty.

I know - it's really disappointing to read some comments on here sometimes.

If I was working my ass off on something I was so passionate about, it would give me the serious sh*ts to read predictions equating to: "its never going to be good because (insert name here) isn't also involved". I'm not sure how I would respond personally. Not being very confrontational, I'd probably just take a step back from the forum and let my work do the talking - but these guys are showing some real class in making sure they are visible and at least responding to their customers.

I sound like a broken record, but come on - the updates so far have already shown huge improvements and its still only been a short time. Imagine what they can do with another 10 months, it'll be glorious!

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And to think, many of these nasty comments are coming from grown, experienced adults (40s, 50s, 60s). Bug, Luke, Morgan…all in their 20s…and acting way beyond their years in how they not only handle the ugly side of
pinside, but also how they make Spooky run.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And to think, many of these nasty comments are coming from grown, experienced adults (40s, 50s, 60s). Bug, Luke, Morgan…all in their 20s…and acting way beyond their years in how they not only handle the ugly side of

Exactly. I am constantly shocked by the pettiness and entitlement on this forum. I guess I shouldn't be! These startups (is Spooky even a startup any more?) need to be supported!

#938 2 years ago

The proof is in the pudding and there is no hiding that, I’m hoping they smash it out of the park as this will probably be my only NIB ever!
I think some people have agendas and some just worried as it’s a lot of money, good that Spooky take it in their stride and still come on here.

#939 2 years ago

(100%)

Quoted from dnapac:

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Granted I've only been on Pinside several months, as an "owners" thread I'm surprised at how intense the dialogue: Would've thought it's more a "hype" thread now. It's been my hobby over 40 years, love it - but it's not my life. Think it's great and very unusual that Spooky interacts with its customer base the way it does and hope they continue. The anxiety expressed over HW reminds me of my kids: I love'm but the drama... Please, let's move on to enjoying the game, anticipation of a new creation, advances in the art!

#941 2 years ago

Agreed! Positive vibes moving forward. Let’s be open minded and optimistic! Enjoy the ride. I think the end result will be well worth it.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe Bug is the next Elwin, who knows

Could be, but it's fine if he's not, also. Industry needs new blood or it will slowly wither and die. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

The spinning disc has changed!

Uh, sorry, but that one's a legit bitch. I played the JJPOTC with the triple discs, and that mech was FREAKIN' AWESOME. The ball movement was completely insane. It's a real shame they couldn't get it to be reliable enough for production.

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Zen Studios X Spooky Pinball - Halloween Interview

They seemed to spend a lot of time talking about Jaws Anyway back to Halloween .

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Great pairing there and awesome Voorhees poster. I played Halloween and thought it shot nice, looked nice, and the atmosphere was spot on. It just is really in need of code that will give it legs. Some stacking, paths of progression, risk and reward... maybe a mini wizard mode or 3. I'm just hoping it can get there.

Badass part 2 prop! I love to see people doing this. I have a part 3 stalking the game room...
[quoted image]

Sick. I appreciate anyone with a Jason shrine. I have a part 3 but he doesn't look that good.

20210828_164804 (resized).jpg20210828_164804 (resized).jpg
#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

They seemed to spend a lot of time talking about Jaws Anyway back to Halloween .

Yes, I thought that too. I’ve been on the Jaws ride in Florida and that’s as far as I’m going with that

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yes, I thought that too. I’ve been on the Jaws ride in Florida and that’s as far as I’m going with that

Sadly, that ride is now gone

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sadly, that ride is now gone

I went in 2006 and enjoyed that one with the kids. Shame.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I went in 2006 and enjoyed that one with the kids. Shame.

#949 2 years ago

I don’t recall anyone ever saying anything “nasty”. Pinball absolutely needs new blood, the game is looking better every day and I hope they knock it out of the part. For me this was just a matter of saying one thing and doing another without transparency. I still have my CE spot and I don’t plan on selling.

#950 2 years ago

Has anybody got their ball stuck behind the drop target on the upper house playfield?

The ball search won't drop the target.
16359564159057115585733560741354 (resized).jpg16359564159057115585733560741354 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/19?hl=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.