IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 340.
#9851 1 year ago

Game needs the Dr. Dementia tv ad. Lock your doors…

#9852 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. so 2k clearcoat is the favorite to protect the finish? What to protect this thing as soon as we open it. Thanks!

I just used it last week, as it was starting to wear already. Id just set it up, turn it on a play a game to make sure all seems good initially, and then do the clearcoat. I probably had less that 20 games when i noticed it darkening.armor came off easy and didnt have any fear of scratching the butter cab(unless a screw slipped while reinstalling armor) happy with the results.

#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just used it last week, as it was starting to wear already. Id just set it up, turn it on a play a game to make sure all seems good initially, and then do the clearcoat. I probably had less that 20 games when i noticed it darkening.armor came off easy and didnt have any fear of scratching the butter cab(unless a screw slipped while reinstalling armor) happy with the results.

Can you pick it up locally or gave to order. Thanks!

#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I believe you can get locally. I bought off Amazon. Get a respirator too.

#9855 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

We spend many thousands of dollars on a NIB game and then have to source a $5 board elsewhere. Just put the damn thing in every model and charge a few more bucks.

Do you see the rediculousness of your statement? Lol .. we pinball geeks are all a little crazy

#9856 1 year ago

How is the knife attached in the shooter lane? I just bought one from Trick or treat studios. Would anyone be willing to take a photo of the back side of their knife so I can see what type of bracket they used? Thanks

#9857 1 year ago

The standards have no decals at all on any of the targets? Seems odd

Quoted from Jenniebear:

How is the knife attached in the shooter lane? I just bought one from Trick or treat studios. Would anyone be willing to take a photo of the back side of their knife so I can see what type of bracket they used? Thanks

They seem to have drilled some form of L brackets into thee knives to screw them onto the field

#9858 1 year ago
20221007_172507 (resized).jpg20221007_172507 (resized).jpg
#9859 1 year ago

I can get the super jackpot during house multiball pretty much every game, but I haven’t been able to get the others. How do you light the super jackpot in hedge?

#9860 1 year ago

L ramp spots hedge jackpot in random hedge scoop (visible by the lit knife insert and exposed MM). Get all three hedge jackpots and the super lights in the center hedge. L Ramp/ Hedge wash rinse repeat.

Quoted from Pinash:

I can get the super jackpot during house multiball pretty much every game, but I haven’t been able to get the others. How do you light the super jackpot in hedge?

#9861 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

[quoted image]

The rivets that hold the knife to the bracket are loose on mine. It wobbles as the ball passes underneath. I can take the glass off and reposition it so it doesn't hit and it works for awhile until vibrations move it again. I might try some superglue under the bracket and between the knife and see if that helps.

#9862 1 year ago

Thank you John_C !!

#9863 1 year ago

I just played my game and noticed a loud buzz when I hold the flippers. I thought it was coming for the speakers but after opening the coin door, the buzz was intense and seems be coming from under the flippers.

If I hold the button when the game is not started yet nothing, but as soon as the flipper goes up, loud buzz. Any idea what should I look for?

#9864 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

L ramp spots hedge jackpot in random hedge scoop (visible by the lit knife insert and exposed MM). Get all three hedge jackpots and the super lights in the center hedge. L Ramp/ Hedge wash rinse repeat.

If you hit two L ramps in a row, does it just move where the first jackpot is, or does it light two?

#9865 1 year ago

I believe it lights two but they are hurry ups. You can also light all three simultaneously at the sanitarium target through shot.

Quoted from Pinash:

If you hit two L ramps in a row, does it just move where the first jackpot is, or does it light two?

#9866 1 year ago

That’s just you’re coils buzzing, completely normal.

Quoted from Bagdad:

I just played my game and noticed a loud buzz when I hold the flippers. I thought it was coming for the speakers but after opening the coin door, the buzz was intense and seems be coming from under the flippers.
If I hold the button when the game is not started yet nothing, but as soon as the flipper goes up, loud buzz. Any idea what should I look for?

#9867 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

My guess would be due to the pulse width modulation of the coils.

#9868 1 year ago

Somebody sell me a minty perfect working CE or NiB one.

#9869 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

You wont be dissappointed. Get it before it gets the recognition it deserves.

#9870 1 year ago

#12…rarely had a problem. Those without problems, just play. No reason to be on the boards. Those with problems…Spooky’s service is second to none. That said, there is always the outlier…just contact Spooky.

#9871 1 year ago

#111 here, only 1 small issue, I had a broken wire that took out a switch matrix. Spooky quickly helped me figure out where, a quick hit with the iron and all was great again. Keep in mind this was after 9 months of play.

My house loves this machine. I don’t see it going anywhere.

#9872 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

That’s just you’re coils buzzing, completely normal.

Really? At the point that it take over the game sounds and music? I saw that it could be due to some slack between coil and coil stop. I checked and mines are moving a lot, I'll try to tighten them tomorrow.

#9873 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Will Do

#9874 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

PinballSTAR emailed me two days ago they have a CE ready to ship.

#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#12…rarely had a problem. Those without problems, just play. No reason to be on the boards. Those with problems…Spooky’s service is second to none. That said, there is always the outlier…just contact Spooky.

Are book clubs only for people who have a problem with the book?

#9876 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Read up on safety with spray max

#9877 1 year ago

I wish spooky incorporated a setting to not stack modes. Multiple modes means multiple shots flashing and I'm unsure what to shoot. My wife was reading the tiny instructions on the LCD to me as I was in multi ball, cause there's no way to look up when you are trying to hit the balcony shot while keeping the main playfield balls in play.

#9878 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I wish spooky incorporated a setting to not stack modes. Multiple modes means multiple shots flashing and I'm unsure what to shoot.

I find that the best approach to this is to identify which modes mate best with each individual Multi-Ball and try to stack accordingly.

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I wish spooky incorporated a setting to not stack modes. Multiple modes means multiple shots flashing and I'm unsure what to shoot. My wife was reading the tiny instructions on the LCD to me as I was in multi ball, cause there's no way to look up when you are trying to hit the balcony shot while keeping the main playfield balls in play.

You want to be able to stack modes, it really helps scoring with some of the modes if you can combine them.

#9880 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You want to be able to stack modes, it really helps scoring with some of the modes if you can combine them.

I agree stacking is fine, but maybe the light show could not only happen when your able to look at the playfield. Seems like everytime I start a mode or waiting for the lifters, I take a quick look to see where I want to shoot but the lights are just flashing randomly. Sometimes even when a ball drains I notice my ball save is lit, but most of the time it's just random playfield lights dancing around. Just seems to need a little more direct lighting at certain times. Maybe it's just me or maybe they have this all nailed out in the next code.

#9881 1 year ago

Tough to get super on Sanatorium with just the 2 ball until you do

Now if I could just play the hedge multiball efficiently I could probably put it all together

Really,really enjoying this game

#9882 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Are book clubs only for people who have a problem with the book?

My point was people with no problems were too busy playing to be on the boards. My feeble attempt to be funny.

#9883 1 year ago

I don’t want to be that guy but this game is one of the most entertaining I’ve ever played for ME
I love it it’s probably not for everyone cause of theme and lay out but this game is amazing IMO

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:I agree stacking is fine, but maybe the light show could not only happen when your able to look at the playfield. Seems like everytime I start a mode or waiting for the lifters, I take a quick look to see where I want to shoot but the lights are just flashing randomly. Sometimes even when a ball drains I notice my ball save is lit, but most of the time it's just random playfield lights dancing around. Just seems to need a little more direct lighting at certain times. Maybe it's just me or maybe they have this all nailed out in the next code.

I wanted to emphasize this post - I also agree the lights can get super confusing when modes are running. Especially when multiple things are flashing, it can be difficult to figure out where you’re supposed to shoot. I’m usually trying to read my next shot off the screen, which ends up with a drain a lot of the time. Callouts help, but there aren’t callouts for every single shot.

I don’t have a suggestion for how to address this yet, and I’m sure the next code update is pretty close to being locked anyway, but I’ll keep thinking about what to suggest. The ambiance is so good on this game, you don’t want to lose that either

#9885 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wanted to emphasize this post - I also agree the lights can get super confusing when modes are running. Especially when multiple things are flashing, it can be difficult to figure out where you’re supposed to shoot. I’m usually trying to read my next shot off the screen, which ends up with a drain a lot of the time. Callouts help, but there aren’t callouts for every single shot.
I don’t have a suggestion for how to address this yet, and I’m sure the next code update is pretty close to being locked anyway, but I’ll keep thinking about what to suggest. The ambiance is so good on this game, you don’t want to lose that either

They could possibly try to add some more audio call outs for some mode guidance, especially during stacked modes. "shoot the ___" etc.

#9886 1 year ago

Okay so I just had the game freeze on me. Really frustrating. I had the first 6 modes completed and was finishing on the 7th mode, made the hurry up shot and the game froze. Had to reboot the game. Really frustrating because I was on ball 2 with 70mil+ points. I had competed all house 3 modes, 2 sanatorium modes, jack-o-lantern multiball. This was my best game yet. Really hope this isn't a constant bug.

#9887 1 year ago

Hi everyone! My wife and I are ready to start making our Halloween Clothesline Mod again! It'll keep us busy until the new code update drops right? Please fire me off a PM if you're interested. Here are a few pics of the mod and as always thanks again for all of the support!

Halloween Mod (resized).jpgHalloween Mod (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 2 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 2 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 3 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 3 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 4 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 4 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 5 (resized).jpgHalloween Mod 5 (resized).jpg
#9888 1 year ago
Quoted from Zek_Pinball:

Okay so I just had the game freeze on me. Really frustrating. I had the first 6 modes completed and was finishing on the 7th mode, made the hurry up shot and the game froze. Had to reboot the game. Really frustrating because I was on ball 2 with 70mil+ points. I had competed all house 3 modes, 2 sanatorium modes, jack-o-lantern multiball. This was my best game yet. Really hope this isn't a constant bug.

See if you can repeat it with the glass off

#9889 1 year ago

I just figured out my issue. I could not control the ball and each game was about 2 min long. I put a set of what I think are super bands on the flippers and what a difference! I completed 4 modes, house and hedge mb in my first game and doubled my GC score. The PL rubbers had the ball bouncing off the flippers and right down the middle.

#9890 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just figured out my issue. I could not control the ball and each game was about 2 min long. I put a set of what I think are super bands on the flippers and what a difference! I completed 4 modes, house and hedge mb in my first game and doubled my GC score. The PL rubbers had the ball bouncing off the flippers and right down the middle.

BOOM

#9891 1 year ago
Quoted from Zek_Pinball:

That sucks if I had that much done mid game I would be on cloud 9

#9892 1 year ago

I fixed my light issue today, was out of town for the last week, so was finally able to put in some time today to hash that out. Long story short, I disconnected at least 50% of the light boards until they all started working again. Could be a loose connection, bad harness, but I can’t narrow it down to just one. Anyway, that’s solved. On to more important things, like where would I put this cool thing I just received in the mail?

52795D24-B13B-4E91-8422-C0A3E7AB7CA5 (resized).jpeg52795D24-B13B-4E91-8422-C0A3E7AB7CA5 (resized).jpeg
#9893 1 year ago
Quoted from RedRooster:

I fixed my light issue today, was out of town for the last week, so was finally able to put in some time today to hash that out. Long story short, I disconnected at least 50% of the light boards until they all started working again. Could be a loose connection, bad harness, but I can’t narrow it down to just one. Anyway, that’s solved. On to more important things, like where would I put this cool thing I just received in the mail?
[quoted image]

My original plate is located on the right side of speaker grill above the speaker, if that matters to ya. Congrats!

#9894 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

My original plate is located on the right side of speaker grill above the speaker, if that matters to ya. Congrats!

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

#9895 1 year ago
Quoted from RedRooster:

[quoted image]

Wait… I thought BSEs weren’t going to get numbered plaques after all? I guess they are, that’s great

#9896 1 year ago

That bse plaque is better than the ce’s!

#9897 1 year ago

Question: I enabled in the settings for Attract Mode Music: ON and Attract Mode Sounds: ON and I thought that while it sits idle I'd hear some of each coming from the pin but so far nothing.

Anyone else try these settings?

#9898 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Question: I enabled in the settings for Attract Mode Music: ON and Attract Mode Sounds: ON and I thought that while it sits idle I'd hear some of each coming from the pin but so far nothing.

I don’t think it’s actually implemented yet, even though the setting is there

#9899 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

That bse plaque is better than the ce’s!

Especially for those of us with CE's who never got a plaque.

#9900 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Yup, only when you hit a flipper button otherwise silent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.