IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 339.
#9651 1 year ago

Try not to flame me too much and sorry if this is a duplicate post.

On the playfield there's the Hedge inserts when you hit a hedge shot are those supposed to start lighting up?

I know the blinking green knife next to the hedge goes solid.

#9652 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Try not to flame me too much and sorry if this is a duplicate post.
On the playfield there's the Hedge inserts when you hit a hedge shot are those supposed to start lighting up?
I know the blinking green knife next to the hedge goes solid.

Hit a Hedge shot and the blinking green knife goes solid, one you shoot them all then Hedge multiball starts.

#9653 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Hit a Hedge shot and the blinking green knife goes solid, one you shoot them all then Hedge multiball starts.

Lol in the nicest way that didn't help at all.

I guess maybe a better question is referring to the picture when are Hedge 1, Hedge 2, Hedge 3 supposed to lite up and stay lit?

PXL_20221003_042940917 (resized).jpgPXL_20221003_042940917 (resized).jpg
#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Lol in the nicest way that didn't help at all.
I guess maybe a better question is referring to the picture when are Hedge 1, Hedge 2, Hedge 3 supposed to lite up and stay lit?
[quoted image]

Once in Hedge multiball, shoot the left ramp to make Michael pop out on one of the hedges. Shoot that specific hedge and it will light hedge 1, rinse and repeat until you got all three and beat Hedge multiball.

#9655 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Once in Hedge multiball, shoot the left ramp to make Michael pop out on one of the hedges. Shoot that specific hedge and it will light hedge 1, rinse and repeat until you got all three and beat Hedge multiball.

Boom!! Thank you!!!!

#9656 1 year ago

I am getting very excited about new code. Really hoping we get it a few week before the holiday.

#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am getting very excited about new code. Really hoping we get it a few week before the holiday.

Let me get my shipping invoice first lol

Today would be fine with me, Spooky if you’re checking.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You mean this week

#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You mean this week

You Mean like right now

#9660 1 year ago

Made a little Strode Realty sign. Still need to come up with a more permanent way to mount. I have it taped to the back of the target for now. It won’t last there though.

0647B287-C5AF-4CD1-B86A-8B289D8AB556 (resized).jpeg0647B287-C5AF-4CD1-B86A-8B289D8AB556 (resized).jpeg
#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Made a little Strode Realty sign. Still need to come up with a more permanent way to mount. I have it taped to the back of the target for now. It won’t last there though.
[quoted image]

I fear for that sign getting steam rolled

#9662 1 year ago

I fear for that sign getting steam rolled

Yeah, it wouldn't last long in my game. 2 or 3 times a game I have a ball rolling down the grass area.

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yeah, it wouldn't last long in my game. 2 or 3 times a game I have a ball rolling down the grass area.

Really? Not sure I’ve had any on mine. I’ve had more end up on the knife than anything.

#9664 1 year ago

Really? Not sure I’ve had any on mine. I’ve had more end up on the knife than anything.

I got tired of the ball ricocheting off the 2nd playfield and onto the knife so I installed a simple wire guide to prevent the ball from missing the proper drain hole. Simple but a satisfying fix that cannot be really seen.

#9665 1 year ago

Yeah, I have balls fly right past the Michael standing at the hedge and land in the ramp return. I feel like when my plastic over the drops breaks, I'm going to extend it to cover the stand ups also.

#9666 1 year ago

I've had the ball get stuck UNDER that plastic 3-4 times now.

#9667 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've had the ball get stuck UNDER that plastic 3-4 times now.

Every machine is absolutely unique…

#9668 1 year ago

Every machine is absolutely unique…

I feel like every 50 plays my Halloween becomes a new unique . The ball never got stuck there the first 400 plays. It always seems like it's changing, more than my other other pins.

#9669 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I feel like every 50 plays my Halloween becomes a new unique . The ball never got stuck there the first 400 plays. It always seems like it's changing, more than my other other pins.

It’s like a new home. It needs to settle.

#9671 1 year ago

Same here! Had it on location for league night last night and the first game it went into infinite hedge multiball..
Then later on did the tilt crazy ball launch thing where it just keeps launching balls after you tilt
Hope those bugs are squashed by the next code!

#9672 1 year ago

Ahhh my game would just completely lock up ONLY if I tilted on ball 3. So weird.

Quoted from dddanielll:

Same here! Had it on location for league night last night and the first game it went into infinite hedge multiball..
Then later on did the tilt crazy ball launch thing where it just keeps launching balls after you tilt

#9673 1 year ago

Bug alert- Two hwn pins I have seen now where the magnet activates at upper left to grab ball but then doesn't release the ball from that hold until the ball search kicks in.

#9674 1 year ago

Theres a magnet in this game?

#9675 1 year ago

Theres a magnet in this game?

Yes, the end of the balcony.

#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, the end of the balcony.

I just assumed it was caught there and balanced at the tip lol

#9677 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Bug alert- Two hwn pins I have seen now where the magnet activates at upper left to grab ball but then doesn't release the ball from that hold until the ball search kicks in.

I had that happen once. Ball search released the ball. Happened during a crazy multiball with many things going on at once, appears to have gotten confused.

#9678 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Had my first occurrence of infinite hedge multi-ball this afternoon. Wife bumped me outta first place with it, lol.

Spookies, any idea why that occurs?

#9679 1 year ago

Most likely due to magnetized balls.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

#9680 1 year ago

Germany and the surrounding area should be delivered on and next week.
Just in time for Halloween

#9681 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Hmm...so the magnet is just a standard earth magnet. If the dump is triggering, but the ball is not exiting off the magnet, the spring attaching to the dump may have loosened up to the point the dump action isn't braking the hold the of magnet. If it's simply not trying to dump the only thing I can think of would be that the opto isn't sensing the crossing shot.

Quoted from BWT67:

Spookies, any idea why that occurs?

Not off hand. Are you on the newest code, 1.08a? Have you noticed a repeatable series of actions that leads to this outcome?

#9682 1 year ago

Weird bug. Had a long 1st ball at noon. Was in Linda and Bob and House Multiball. The screen went to a default and froze. Balls disappeared into the subways and never came back (lifters appeared disabled), but flippers still worked. Had to power cycle.

#9683 1 year ago

If you all ever run across bugs that you are able to recreate feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. If I can recreate the bug on another game, we'll squash it. If I can't recreation it on other games, we'll dig into what might be happening on your game that's causing the issue.

#9684 1 year ago

I was thinking last night - Has anyone tried blacking out the tinted plastics for the LED light strips? Is there benefit to having them be transparent instead of opaque? It seems like this would barely affect the light shows while concealing most of the strips from direct line-of-sight. Maybe even just doing it to the strips that face the player... I don't think the light strips look bad, but wondering if this would be a cheap way to make them look even better.

I've also considered capping the strips with a half-pipe of frosted rubber tubing, but that would be more complicated to source and install for testing.

#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you all ever run across bugs that you are able to recreate feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. If I can recreate the bug on another game, we'll squash it. If I can't recreation it on other games, we'll dig into what might be happening on your game that's causing the issue.

Thanks! I don't think it's a bug, I think something else is occurring. I just sent you and service an email with the vid. Essentially any multi-ball goes forever now, lol.

#9686 1 year ago

my drop target on the upper playfield keeps trying to reset once it is up during house mode, im sure its something I did while I was messing around in there. I haven't looked yet but is there an opto or something that would be causing this?

#9687 1 year ago

I’m curious if we will know total number of CE’s vs BSE and Standard at the end of production.

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Thanks! I don't think it's a bug, I think something else is occurring. I just sent you and service an email with the vid. Essentially any multi-ball goes forever now, lol.

I would agree that if it's occurring every game, it's probably not a bug. I'm suspecting any issue with your jam opto, but that's a really just a hunch at this point.

Quoted from Lopa:

my drop target on the upper playfield keeps trying to reset once it is up during house mode, im sure its something I did while I was messing around in there. I haven't looked yet but is there an opto or something that would be causing this?

There is a small fin on the drop target that closes an opto switch when the target is up. If this fin left it's black sleeve you may be seeing some intermittent issues with it not registering as close, causing the coil to fire again. You could probably test for this in the switch menu by wiggling the drop target around while it's in the up position. The fix would be to paint the fin black. Use a paint marker, not just a Sharpie.

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Weird bug. Had a long 1st ball at noon. Was in Linda and Bob and House Multiball. The screen went to a default and froze. Balls disappeared into the subways and never came back (lifters appeared disabled), but flippers still worked. Had to power cycle.

Sounds like it just crashed. Recent Stern software releases have behaved in similar fashion, except the game reboots after a few moments.

Quoted from Lopa:

Anytime a drop target keeps trying to reset, it's almost always because the target-down switch is stuck closed. Check the switch for adjustment, broken solder joints, etc. Check upstream if that switch looks OK (I assume pinotaur uses a switch matrix of some sort?)

#9690 1 year ago

I’m curious if we will know total number of CE’s vs BSE and Standard at the end of production.

It’s not exactly but it looks to be around 1050vs200

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:I was thinking last night - Has anyone tried blacking out the tinted plastics for the LED light strips? Is there benefit to having them be transparent instead of opaque? It seems like this would barely affect the light shows while concealing most of the strips from direct line-of-sight. Maybe even just doing it to the strips that face the player... I don't think the light strips look bad, but wondering if this would be a cheap way to make them look even better.
I've also considered capping the strips with a half-pipe of frosted rubber tubing, but that would be more complicated to source and install for testing.

I ordered some plastic channel with a super opaque cap that is supposed to do a great job diffusing the light - will post results!

#9692 1 year ago

I came up with a cover for the LED strips a few months back. Using a modified lens made for aluminum LED light channels, I simply attached it over the top of the strips using very thin cable ties.

The harshness of the LED direct light has been replaced by nice diffused glows. Brightness is not affected at all and I still have my LED strips turned down from the default.

The result is exactly what I was looking for.

Halloween_1 (resized).jpgHalloween_1 (resized).jpgHalloween_2 (resized).jpgHalloween_2 (resized).jpgHalloween_3 (resized).jpgHalloween_3 (resized).jpgHalloween_4 (resized).jpgHalloween_4 (resized).jpg
#9693 1 year ago

Has anyone made an aftermarket drop target air ball shield yet? Mine finally snapped.

#9694 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Has anyone made an aftermarket drop target air ball shield yet? Mine finally snapped.

Yes… but I forget who.

#9695 1 year ago

So excited for the new code too drop. Literally been holding off playing it the past few days in hope they will release it I absolutely love this game and will cave before they do probably

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I came up with a cover for the LED strips a few months back. Using a modified lens made for aluminum LED light channels, I simply attached it over the top of the strips using very thin cable ties.

The harshness of the LED direct light has been replaced by nice diffused glows. Brightness is not affected at all and I still have my LED strips turned down from the default.

The result is exactly what I was looking for.

I liked what you came up with and was looking to possibly expand on it. I was thinking a half-pipe of tubing might diffuse the light more and also add more protection from ball strikes. It's just a thought at this point though. I may try blacking out some of the tinted plastics to see how that looks too.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would agree that if it's occurring every game, it's probably not a bug. I'm suspecting any issue with your jam opto, but that's a really just a hunch at this point.

There is a small fin on the drop target that closes an opto switch when the target is up. If this fin left it's black sleeve you may be seeing some intermittent issues with it not registering as close, causing the coil to fire again. You could probably test for this in the switch menu by wiggling the drop target around while it's in the up position. The fix would be to paint the fin black. Use a paint marker, not just a Sharpie.

Mine is doing the same thing.

I do really love this game!

The average player, it’s great. The tourney guys? Don’t care

#9698 1 year ago

One of my tourney players has a meltdown when I brought this in unannounced. Literally paused during a group matchplay, trapped up and screamed “how the FUCK do you play this thing?!?! Goddamnit!!!!” Read the rules papi haha. I love to see it. It one thing to admit loudly that you are woefully underprepared but to curse?!?! Sir, That’s a disqualification haha

Oh also…. We are doing IFPA RI State Championship soon and I’m bringing in ALIEN day of. We will not be having a practice hour before hand. No hissy fits!!! Muahahahaha

Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is doing the same thing.
I do really love this game!
The average player, it’s great. The tourney guys? Don’t care

#9699 1 year ago

Set up in dining room for spooky season. Can’t wait for the new code but so fun already.

284598E5-05A2-4C64-AF74-7A6FC61DD9B5 (resized).jpeg284598E5-05A2-4C64-AF74-7A6FC61DD9B5 (resized).jpeg
#9700 1 year ago

This game is fucking awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/194?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.