20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 339.
#9601 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My wife makes really creative drop and stand up target decals. I love the 3 from Halloween III suggested above. I’m going to have her make some sheets of them on decal paper. I’ll post pics, and if some people want some, I’ll mail you some. They won’t take up the entire face of the target, maybe 2/3 of it, so the light should still show around the borders. Here are some she made for my BSD, FT and WH2O.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be in for sure. 30 more days til Halloween.

#9602 1 year ago

So…I got my Alien and I’m happy to report that I like it a lot but Halloween is still my favorite of the two. My takeaway is that it just feels good to step outside of the homogeneous Stern superhero centric dad rock populace pleasing slog and step into an entirely different world. I’ve always been a bit of an outlier and a weirdo and these games just naturally speak to me. They are works of art, design and engineering. They are imperfect and unfinished but they are and endlessly interesting. They are as difficult to understand as they are mesmerizing. There’s nothing like these two games in the world of pinball and I think out of my entire collection I’d have a hard time selling either. They are special. I cant wait to see what happens with both of these games in the future code wise and I’m happy to take the long ride.

#9603 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I got my Alien and I’m happy to report that I like it a lot but Halloween is still my favorite of the two. My takeaway is that it just feels good to step outside of the homogeneous Stern superhero centric dad rock populace pleasing slog and step into an entirely different world. I’ve always been a bit of an outlier and a weirdo and these games just naturally speak to me. They are works of art, design and engineering. They are imperfect and unfinished but they are and endlessly interesting. They are as difficult to understand as they are mesmerizing. There’s nothing like these two games in the world of pinball and I think out of my entire collection I’d have a hard time selling either. They are special. I cant wait to see what happens with both of these games in the future code wise and I’m happy to take the long ride.

Thanks for reporting back. Are you going to run your alien on location? Any initial thoughts on quality and reliability?

#9604 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

homogeneous Stern superhero centric dad rock populace pleasing slog

pic.gifpic.gif
#9605 1 year ago

My plan was to bring home Alien as a game to dig into while my other games are on location. I’ve had a few small issues with it, mostly code probs (game not booting on first try, a multi start that jammed up the shooter lane) and I had one spring come loose from a flipper. The design and build is phenomenal really. I’m honestly in awe of the underside of the playfield and the cable management. Just as I waited for the right code update on HWN before bringing to my location I will do the same with Alien. When I think it’s ready I’ll bring it in and bring HWN back home haha. Oh…and Halloween is still earning very well and I’ve only had to replace one Hedge servo and clean up a few cold solder joints so far.

Here’s the under side of Alien AND the super stupidly sick looking 2D translite that should win the award for best pinball mod of all time. The photo doesn’t even do it justice. It’s gorgeous.

Quoted from Geeterman1:

Thanks for reporting back. Are you going to run your alien on location? Any initial thoughts on quality and reliability?

2C2AD037-7198-4948-BF76-96394DBA866D (resized).jpeg2C2AD037-7198-4948-BF76-96394DBA866D (resized).jpegCEF51961-445E-439E-AA27-935BFFB830B4 (resized).jpegCEF51961-445E-439E-AA27-935BFFB830B4 (resized).jpeg
#9606 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly, if it werent for my perceived belief that Alien is one of the most immersive pins ever produced, despite having never even seen, much yes play one, felt Halloween would deliver a similarly immersive experience.

It delivers in spades and only getting better..

#9607 1 year ago

I think Halloween outdoes Alien in immersion for sure BUT…ive beat Halloween a few times at it current code and I’ve not done that yet with Alien. Mostly because Alien is crushingly difficult haha. Not a deal breaker for me but I can see why some casual players are not holding into the game for long. I actually really like that It makes me feel like a day one noob when I step up to it. It’s an entirely different experience that is going to take a lot of getting used to…just like Halloween was. I’m after that experience and less and less interested in the general obviousness of non Elwin Spike 2 Sterns. Yawn. Give me something weird to flip out about.

Quoted from Roostking:

Honestly, if it werent for my perceived belief that Alien is one of the most immersive pins ever produced, despite having never even seen, much yes play one, felt Halloween would deliver a similarly immersive experience.
It delivers in spades and only getting better..

#9608 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think Halloween outdoes Alien in immersion for sure

That's because it's not a proper HW version....imagine a 27" chestburster on the backbox, as well as pf screen, w perfectly lit el surrounding the experience ....game is creepy as hell....( in a sci fi horror way)

Halloween brings a " reality" to a terrifying immersion....absolutely love it

Major "1-2" punch for sure.

#9609 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's because it's not a proper HW version....imagine a 27" chestburster on the backbox, as well as pf screen, w perfectly lit el surrounding the experience ....game is creepy as hell....( in a sci fi horror way)

Imagine if they would of put Ripley in the art.

#9610 1 year ago

Looking for owner feedback here.

Is anyone disappointed with the house mod?

Would you say it's a must-have mod?

I have not seen one in person. One guy I know says it's cool.

#9611 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yes I think its a must have. I can't imagine the pin without it. It's very well done as are all his mods.

#9612 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Yes I think its a must have. I can't imagine the pin without it. It's very well done as are all his mods.

+1. It's like it was meant to be there.

#9613 1 year ago

House mod is first-rate. Adds much to the presentation and looks like it was always part of the game design. Custom vids are fantastic. I can’t imagine the game without it now.

#9614 1 year ago

Really, mod of the year. Just really adds we’re it is lacking, and uses technology, not just 3D print.

#9615 1 year ago

That house mod is a must have......My wife made me buy the mod before we got delivery of our Halloween.

#9616 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Going back and forth between these two pins myself. Looking for max immersion, shooting and depth. Seems can’t go wrong with either.

#9617 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And…..no. PB alien has the lit el on the LV and sorry, a duplicative screen in the pf isn’t the difference. Helping to achieve more immersive gameplay would be an actual physical lock, additional magnets, better code - you know, things that actually matter. Oh that’s right - those are all exclusive additions to PB alien and boy do they add to the experience. Nice.

Edit - and if I were you, I wouldn’t want to debate this either as it’s hard to defend when you’re wrong and blinded by jealousy. Well said!

But HW and PB version are both good though - the real answer is, it’s his opinion and he thinks Halloween is more immersive. I’ve owned both HW, PB, and Halloween and man it’s close. They did a great job with Halloween regarding immersion. I love them both although I would give the nod to Alien right now simply bc of more developed code. I’m excited for the new code update for Halloween as this game continues to move in the right direction.

mpdpvdpin - if you really enjoy Alien, get the LV version. It’s worth it.

#9618 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Going back and forth between these two pins myself. Looking for max immersion, shooting and depth. Seems can’t go wrong with either.

I just can’t get into Alien as far as the actual gameplay. I have extensively played the original Heighway game in a pub in downtown DC, and the PB version (not the LV, I don’t think) at several shows . The vibe and immersion seems top notch; I just didn’t get into the game. Not for lack of trying, mind you. I must be missing something… I guess?

#9619 1 year ago

I bet you will not find a single person who regrets getting it. As close to must-have as there is. My only criticism of it is that I wish it was easier to tilt it back further for a better angle as you’re playing. It’s a bit hard to see the Michael in the window due to everything that’s going on in the game. No way I can think of to fix this though.

#9620 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

And…..no. PB alien has the lit el on the LV and sorry, a duplicative screen in the pf isn’t the difference. Helping to achieve more immersive gameplay would be an actual physical lock, additional magnets, better code - you know, things that actually matter. Oh that’s right - those are all exclusive additions to PB alien and boy do they add to the experience.

And…..yes. The HW and PB versions definitely have a different atmosphere to them. Not interested in debating….

Halloween has an amazing, very creepy vibe of its own……love the thing!! A pin that will only get better w future code…..

(Andrew’ s House mod is a must have imho…really fits the game)

#9621 1 year ago

Thanks all! I'm sold on the house mod.

#9622 1 year ago

It’s so good I am half tempted to put it in my UM, lol. Still hoping he comes up with something clever for UM in that same space.

#9623 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And…..yes. The HW and PB versions definitely have a different atmosphere to them. Not interested in debating….
Halloween has an amazing, very creepy vibe of its own……love the thing!! A pin that will only get better w future code…..
(Andrew’ s House mod is a must have imho…really fits the game)

Want to add HW's cabinet and backbox were/are the best looking in pinball.

#9624 1 year ago

I've unboxed mine today and painting it right now, I can attest that the mod look better in person, impressive work.

#9625 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

+1. It's like it was meant to be there.

Abaolutely worth it. Looks like it was meant to be there.

#9626 1 year ago

I do wish there were fewer "window frame" kinda blocking the screen. Im going to try and remove some of the extra frame.

#9627 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No way I can think of to fix this though.

So here was my solution. I use those little rectangle grey (or black) target cushions, and place one (or two) between the front of the house on the far right and the brown molding it sits behind. I also use a thick 2-sided tape under the house, but only along the front edge of the house so it tips back a bit. It’s kept mine upright, in place and the windows visible during gameplay for weeks.

1764DD9F-421D-4D99-843E-F555A746C364 (resized).jpeg1764DD9F-421D-4D99-843E-F555A746C364 (resized).jpeg

#9628 1 year ago

Just finished painting my house.

B789940E-E444-42C0-83EE-0051FE259780 (resized).jpegB789940E-E444-42C0-83EE-0051FE259780 (resized).jpeg
#9629 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So here was my solution. I use those little rectangle grey (or black) target cushions, and place one (or two) between the front of the house on the far right and the brown molding it sits behind. I also use a thick 2-sided tape under the house, but only along the front edge of the house so it tips back a bit. It’s kept mine upright, in place and the windows visible during gameplay for weeks.
[quoted image]

I did basically the same, without the tape yet. Wanna make sure its exactly how i want it before its permanent.

#9630 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I bet you will not find a single person who regrets getting it. As close to must-have as there is. My only criticism of it is that I wish it was easier to tilt it back further for a better angle as you’re playing. It’s a bit hard to see the Michael in the window due to everything that’s going on in the game. No way I can think of to fix this though.

Well, you could grind down the bottom at an angle, and then the upper back could have some material removed to then tilt back.

#9631 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

Very economical solution - I've had a couple other similar suggestions as well. I've given this a shot - I don't like how it looks quite, but I'll try today to reposition the foam and the tape. Getting the angle right is key, and there's not quite enough play in that brown molding on the right. Not enough to allow the angle I wanted to get, that is. This mod looks so great I want it to really line up in the game and show it off to full effect!

#9632 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, you could grind down the bottom at an angle, and then the upper back could have some material removed to then tilt back.

I considered this, but it's much simpler to add a wedge underneath. This would have been my suggestion to Vimtoman in his original design. But I mean, this is super nit picky stuff

#9633 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I considered this, but it's much simpler to add a wedge underneath. This would have been my suggestion to Vimtoman in his original design. But I mean, this is super nit picky stuff

Agreed...moral = Andrew just makes some very, very cool toys for our games, has serious chops, and a great guy on top of it all.
An asset to the community...

#9634 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31: Edit - and if I were you, I wouldn’t want to debate this either as it’s hard to defend when you’re wrong and blinded by jealousy. Well said!

Grateful you're not me....just pathetic....

Back to Halloween....

#9635 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Want to add HW's cabinet and backbox were/are the best looking in pinball.

Rob Zombie is up there as well. That guy is an amazing horror artist.

#9636 1 year ago

I just cant progress through this game. I have been trying to level for awhile now and still just getting drains when the ball comes back from the center ramp, comes back from the right orbit and the pretzel shot just never happens. I dont know what else to try here. Also the air balls from hitting the stand ups next to the ramp are crazy.

#9637 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just cant progress through this game. I have been trying to level for awhile now and still just getting drains when the ball comes back from the center ramp, comes back from the right orbit and the pretzel shot just never happens. I dont know what else to try here. Also the air balls from hitting the stand ups next to the ramp are crazy.

If you have tried this, level side to side, make sure correct pitch, but slightly increasing/decreasing on individual pins can make a huge difference. For the airballs, check your flipper rubber height…mm make a big difference.

#9638 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you have tried this, level side to side, make sure correct pitch, but slightly increasing/decreasing on individual pins can make a huge difference. For the airballs, check your flipper rubber height…mm make a big difference.

Sounds like the airballs come when he’s hitting the center targets. That’s normal which is why they have the clear plastic guard above there.

#9639 1 year ago

Embrace the slap save .

Quoted from finnflash:

#9640 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just not much too lean back, without taking some material out of the back towards the top.

#9641 1 year ago

My BSE backglass arrived! I like the title on the glass, but I see how people find it duplicative. But I’ll downsize to low ceilings someday when I’m retired and I get shorter, so I’ll prob lose the topper.

4FF02E03-F517-4CC8-9709-26E2B9212BE0 (resized).jpeg4FF02E03-F517-4CC8-9709-26E2B9212BE0 (resized).jpeg724479FF-9174-4859-927A-CA2552FD02F1 (resized).jpeg724479FF-9174-4859-927A-CA2552FD02F1 (resized).jpeg
#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My BSE backglass arrived! I like the title on the glass, but I see how people find it duplicative. But I’ll downsize to low ceilings someday when I’m retired and I get shorter, so I’ll prob lose the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good!

I’m starting to like the idea of a backglass -without- the name on it. I mean really, it’s kind of redundant with the huge Micheal Myers on there. I doubt Spooky is selling CE back glasses but I’d definitely be up for one on my BSE!

#9643 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Sounds like the airballs come when he’s hitting the center targets. That’s normal which is why they have the clear plastic guard above there.

Air balls are from the stand ups, so it hits and flys over the plastic.

#9644 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Air balls are from the stand ups, so it hits and flys over the plastic.

Try bringing your flipper rubbers up a bit. If they ride down too far they can impart wicked backspin and bringing them up a bit will reduce this.

#9645 1 year ago

Also, what causes a drop target to only fall halfway down?

Quoted from guitarded:

Try bringing your flipper rubbers up a bit. If they ride down too far they can impart wicked backspin and bringing them up a bit will reduce this.

I will try this, thanks.

#9646 1 year ago

Just tighten the springs underneath

Quoted from finnflash:

I will try this, thanks.

#9647 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Low libido.

#9648 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Just finished painting my house.
[quoted image]

Can i give you mine to paint as you're local? Looks amazing

#9649 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looking good!
I’m starting to like the idea of a backglass -without- the name on it. I mean really, it’s kind of redundant with the huge Micheal Myers on there. I doubt Spooky is selling CE back glasses but I’d definitely be up for one on my BSE!

Think they said to others wanting CE parts that they are staying exclusive to the CE customers and not available to purchase.

#9650 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Think they said to others wanting CE parts that they are staying exclusive to the CE customers and not available to purchase.

Oh, I'm sure - it would reduce the "collector" part of the CE, but I'm still thinking it would have looked nice. Oh well, guess I should have gotten a CE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.